14 | The Many Surprises

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another."
— John Dewey

 

I can, was the answer Su Min came up with as they sped down the highway. He did say we'll be different. That we'll prove it wrong…so it should be okay. She assured herself, unknowingly holding on to Kai's words just like she used to.

 

The taxi dropped her off in front of the high golden gates of Hansaeng Preparatory, an elite private high school for the arts, and home to some of the snobbiest rich kids aspiring to join the entertainment industry. Upon laying eyes on the place, she instantly had a feeling this visit was going to be an interesting one.

 

As she made her way through the huge open hallways of the campus and towards their massive auditorium, a couple of cocky third year students blocked her way.

 

Su Min stopped on the spot and glared at them, becoming irritated by their presence almost immediately. Of all the students who could notice her, these ones were the worst. "Can I help you?" she asked sternly while they continued to scan her with their lecherous eyes.

 

"You, you're really pretty," the one with the tight perm replied arrogantly, "Are you new here?"

 

Before she could answer, one of his friends put an arm around his shoulder and leaned forward, trying, but failing, to put on a charm. "Courtesy of HP, it'll be our pleasure to show you around campus," this charmless kid stated, adding a bone-chilling wink at the end.

 

Su Min scoffed at the sight. Is this really all this school had to offer? A bunch of boys acting like good-for-nothing, sleazy bastards?

 

Not in the mood to entertain some spoiled, wannabe famous, trust fund babies, she closed her eyes, let out a quiet breath, and contained her growing annoyance. "Sorry, but I have somewhere else to be," she replied calmly. She then stepped to the side to take her leave, but they once again blocked her way.

 

She bit her lower lip and inhaled deeply, glaring at them. They were one movement or one word away from meeting a New Yorker's rage.

 

Thankfully, a deep and husky voice interrupted from behind, gaining their attention.

 

"Hyung!" the four boys exclaimed to the person approaching them with dignified steps.

 

Once this hyung was close enough, he greeted each of them with a smack on the head. "Yaish! I told you to address me properly on school grounds!" he yelled. He then backed up and eyed their disheveled uniforms with disgust, "And what the hell is this? Do you think you're some kind of mafia or something?"

 

"No. We’re Hansaeng’s F4," the one with the curls answered jokingly.

 

Hearing his response, their hyung raised the folder in his hand and threatened them with another round of whack-the-mole. "F4 my ," he replied through gritted teeth and quickly ordered the four of them to apologize.

 

Like well-trained puppies, they all bowed in unison, "Sorry."

 

Well maybe the school isn't so bad. At least they have some sort of proper—rather violent—guidance. Su Min thought as she watched their obedience unfold.

 

"I deeply apologize for their behavior," their teacher added respectfully, turning to her and bowing on his students' behalf. He rose from his bow and the moment he laid eyes on her, his expression lit up in disbelief. "Noona!" he exclaimed with great excitement as he took her into his arms.

 

…or maybe I spoke too soon?

 

Surprised, Su Min quickly pushed him away and distanced herself from the fairly young and handsome, yet eccentric man. She stared at him from head to toe, trying her hardest to identify who he may be.

 

Before she had the chance to figure it out, the stranger took the liberty and introduced himself. "Noona, don't you remember me? Sung Woo. Moon Sung Woo," he clarified, pointing to himself with that same bright smile he always wore.

 

Su Min’s eyes widened in shock. "Oh my god, Sung Woo!" she screamed happily as she threw her arms around him.

 

Sweeping his curls up, the Goo Jun Pyo of the group stepped forward. He stared at Su Min then at his teacher with a wide smirk. "Looks like hyung’s got game. So who is she?" he asked disrespectfully, earning him a second smack on the head.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter