33 | Already Everything

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You know the truth, by the way it feels."

— Anonymous

 

After what happened to them, Su Min was one hundred and ten percent sure that Kai was aware of how much Kang Joon hated his guts. But then again, knowing him, she was also certain that he didn't mind taking a terrifying, and long overdue beating from a fourth degree Tae Kwon Do black belt.

 

With this in mind, the question she needed to worry about was plain and simple. Would Kai really dare face her brother in this place? In front of s? In front of her?

 

Su Min secretly glanced at her ex-boyfriend. Watching him sit there deep in thought, she was somewhat relieved he felt the same uneasiness as she did. It would have definitely been more troublesome if Kai looked calm and collected about the approaching situation…because if he was, then it would only mean one thing—he had left her on her own to figure out how to prevent the meeting from taking place. Worse, he was willing, and prepared, to spend a night in the hospital.

 

Kai briefly met her eyes and instantly understood the anxiety behind them.

 

She was thankful that he did but…Why does it suddenly feel like we were on some sort of secret mission? She wondered.

 

No—focus Park Su Min! Focus! She commanded herself as she shook the worthless question aside. Right now wasn't the time to daydream.

 

She observed silently, and let the multitalented face of EXO take the lead in this unprompted operation, praying with all her might he came up with something good.

 

Putting his acting skills to the test, Kai casually cleared his throat, accompanied by a believable pained expression.

 

Not bad. Su Min thought. It was unoriginal, but certainly brilliant. He knew at least one of s would notice, and sure enough, he received a response almost immediately.

 

"Hyung, are you okay?" Sehun, the great observer, asked, getting the others' attention.

 

"You don't look too well," Suho added with a worried tone, "everything alright?"

 

And…they took the bait.

 

Kai flashed everyone a weak smile, keeping up the act. "I'm fine. Just a little tired from the long day's practice, I guess," he lied as he slowly stood up like how an exhausted and sore person would. "I'm sorry, but I think I'll head back first," he continued and faced Su Min's and Chanyeol's college friends, "It was really nice to meet all of you though. We should get together again."

 

"Aw that's too bad! We were just getting started," Ji Woo replied, standing up to bid him goodbye, "but hey, it was nice meeting you too. And yeah, we definitely should." 

 

Hyun Bin jumped from his seat and gave Kai a quick hand shake and shoulder clash. "Hope you feel better man. Being an idol is a hard job. And like Ji Woo said, we'll definitely have to do this again," he stated.

 

As their friends finished saying their goodbyes, Chanyeol unwrapped his arm from around Su Min's shoulder and stood up. "I'll go with you," he announced, grabbing his things.

 

"No, no, I'll be fine," Kai rejected before his fellow member could put his coat on, "You haven't seen them for a while so you should stay and enjoy the night."

 

"Nah, I've already spent too much time with them. I think I'm good for the next ten years," Chanyeol joked, causing a round of laughter.

 

"Ya, ahjussi, do you think we wanna see your face for another second?" Hyun Bin countered in the same fashion.

 

Chanyeol turned to him with wrinkled brows, "What did you say?"

 

"I said go! Leave!" the choreographer answered with a swift turn of the head.

 

With this, a play fight between the two started. Back and forth, they bickered like a married couple.

 

As hilarious as it was, it was something Su Min shouldn't be distracted by, or something she needed at the time. A frightening beast who she loves dearly was on his way to devour the face of EXO. Kai needed to leave. He needed to leave now.

 

"I'll go," she interrupted, silencing the lovebirds. She knew Chanyeol was hesitant to let Kai go by himself, especially at this time of night, in a place like New York City. And he wasn’t going to concede any time soon.

 

"No, I'll—" Chanyeol protested, but she cut him off.

 

She placed a hand on his arm and met his gaze with a smile, "I’ll go. You guys have a lot of catching up to do."

 

"But—"

 

"It won't take long. I'll be b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter