32 | The First Meeting

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Meeting you was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favorite."
— Anonymous

 

As discussed at previous night's meeting, EXO would have practice at Madison Square Garden in the morning, interview and fan signing late in the afternoon, then free time at night.

 

After a grueling nine-hour rehearsal and a mile long line of fans, the nine idols finally saw their freedom just as the sun disappeared into the horizon.

 

They dropped by the penthouse to freshen up then excitedly headed back to meet some of Su Min's and Chanyeol's friends.

 

|| The Marquee Studio XVI ||

 

"Over here!" a cool voice called out as the nine members made it to the doorsteps of one of the hottest high-end nightclubs in NYC: The Marquee Studio XVI. "Yo, Chanyeol!" the guy called again, this time waving his free arm in the air.

 

Chanyeol strained his neck toward the sound and spotted his friend with a glass of liquor already in hand. "Hwang Hyun Bin!" he yelled back and led s through the crowded line of partiers waiting to get in.

 

"Eyyy! What’s up, man? Long time no see!" Hyun Bin greeted excitedly.

 

"Yeah, it's been forever. How's everything?" Chanyeol replied in English as the two of them exchanged that hand gliding, fist pounding, and shoulder clashing action all men seemed to have secretly perfected overnight.

 

"Same as always bro," his friend replied and guided everyone to the VIP area they reserved for the night, "Come on! The rest of the guys have been waiting!"

 

|| …………… ||

 

Seconds upon arriving at the large private booth occupied by three other men, Chanyeol was instantly bombarded with more fist poundings and manly hugs. And once his friends settled down—at least as much as they could, considering the alcohol already brewing in their systems—he took the chance to introduce s. "By the way, this is Baekhyun, Junmyeon, Xiumin, Kyungsoo, Jongin, Yixing, Jongdae, and our maknae Sehun," he told his Korean American friends as he went down the line.

 

The three guys returned the greeting, and when the introductions were over with, one of them scanned the room for the sole lady of the night. "Where's Su Min?" he asked in Korean.

 

"Ladies' room," Chanyeol answered, taking a sip of his scotch on the rocks.

 

Just then, Su Min arrived at their table, preoccupied with brushing off the piece of lint stuck to her little black dress.

 

"There she is!" Hyun Bin exclaimed upon laying his eyes on her. "Min-ah!" he called loudly, his unmistakable voice distracting her from the minor task of plucking out the white thread on her hip.

 

Before Su Min could brace herself from his rash greeting, Hyun Bin picked her off the ground and planted a fat kiss on the side of her face, surprising all of EXO except for Chanyeol.  

 

She quickly wiped the remnants of his kiss from her cheek and the moment he put her down, she smacked his shoulder with her purse. "You !" she complained with knitted brows.

 

Rubbing away the pain, Hyun Bin looked at her and grinned. "Min-ah, what should I do?" he asked jokingly in Korean, before switching back to English, "I might just fall for you again."

 

Ji Woo, their other friend, shook his head with sigh and joined the conversation. "If only your girlfriend was here, you'll no doubt leave this place single by the end of the night," he commented.

 

"Hell yeah," Hyun Bin agreed rather quickly, shifting his eyes over to the nine members of EXO. "Cause she'd be too busy gawking at them…, if I was a girl, I'd be all over Mr. Pretty Boy over there, and be tryin' to hit him up too," he continued, referring to Kai. He then turned back to Su Min and added an innocent, yet jackass comment, "Ya Min-ah, I'm surprised you haven't dumped our Chanyeol for Mr. Drop Dead Handsome."

 

This mf bastard. She thought. I am going to kill you.

 

Despite her desire to murder, Su Min kept a straight face and avoided meeting Kai's eyes. "Why? Is that what's been happening with you, Binnie? Getting dumped left and right?" she answered teasingly.

 

With the alcohol working its magic, Hyun Bin let out a deafening laugh. "Ouch. But that sass though. I see you're still the same," he replied, grinning.

 

She clicked her tongue at his response and hit him once more with her bag, before focusing her attention to Ji Woo and the other two, who welcomed her back with tight hugs and civility.

 

|| …………… ||

 

After some dancing and subtle flirting with various women, the eight members of EXO and their four wingmen headed back to the table where Chanyeol and Su Min stayed behind.

 

"You sure you lovebirds don't wanna dance?" the overly vocal Hyun Bin teased. He slumped down on the black leather seat, somewhat tipsy from all the tequila shots, and poured himself another glass. "There are some...mmm...ladies on the dance floor," he informed Chanyeol with a wide smirk on his face.

 

Chanyeol let out a short chuckle and raised a hand to decline the offer. "No thanks. I'm good right here," he replied with a charming smile and sat back, hanging an arm over the curve of the booth.

 

Rejected, Hyun Bin turned to Su Min. "Min-ah, it's just one night. Let the guy have some fun," he negotiated, as if she was the one to decide what Chanyeol could or could not do.

 

"I'm not holding him back, Binnie. I think he just doesn’t want to see your hideous dance moves," she clarified, playfully mocking the professional choreographer.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter