24 | In Exchange

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Photographs open doors into the past, but they also allow a look into the future."

— Sally Mann

 

Minutes later, Su Min entered the bedroom with a cup of tea, just as Kai exited the bathroom. He was wearing the black Adidas sweatpants she laid out and nothing else.

 

She immediately stopped on her tracks, almost dropping the hot drink in her hand, and froze on the spot with eyes glued to the semi- man ahead.

 

Kai casually reached up and thoroughly ran a towel through his wet hair, unconsciously flexing his arm in the process. He gently rotated his head, releasing soft moans as he massaged his tired neck muscles. His eyes fluttered slowly as he looked toward the bedroom door with that bewitching gaze of his.

 

Unable to compose herself, Su Min took an audible gulp, completely captivated by the Adonis standing front of her.

 

Intentionally or unintentionally, Kai turned his body slightly in her direction, giving her a better view of his toned six-pack.

 

Are you kidding me right now? What the hell is wrong with me? She wondered as her heart continued to pound hard against her chest.

 

Su Min was baffled by her physical reaction to seeing her toned, idol ex-boyfriend half-. Yes, the "toned" and "idol" part were surely reasons for the sudden thirst, but it was difficult to believe that they won over Kai being the person she took forever to forget.

 

"What?" he suddenly asked as he glanced down at his own body—the body that had obviously grown firmer and more defined over the years.

 

Finally snapping out of her rather lustful thoughts, Su Min immediately looked away and covered the side of her face with her free hand, making Kai raise an eyebrow.

 

"Such a delayed reaction," he commented, watching her stiff movements, "What are you doing?"

 

"Where—where's your shirt?" she struggled to reply, keeping her head turned and eyes pointed to the ceiling.

 

Seeing past her feigned innocence, his lips curved into a noticeable smirk. "Stop pretending you've never seen a half- man before," he stated, looking directly at her. He walked over to the bed and sat himself on the edge of the mattress, crossing his legs over the other and leaning back on his hands. "Besides, it's obvious you like what you see," he joked.

 

Hearing his self-praise, Su Min scoffed. She dropped her hand and faced him, meeting his gaze with knitted brows. "Huh? Like what I—Ya, what dog are you mumbling about? How could I possibly—" she retorted, but a second glimpse of his abs caught her tongue. Su Min diverted her gaze again and let out a silent breath. "What's there to be excited about? Even Chanyeol has—" she mumbled to herself, but paused soon after she realized what she was about to say.

 

Kai's flirtatious gaze quickly turned to an icy stare. With a quiet scoff, he uncrossed his leg, leaned forward, and rested his elbows on his knees. "Chanyeol's body huh?" he repeated with a hint of annoyance.

 

Su Min met his gaze once more, and judging by the look in his eyes, she could tell that he was mentally questioning if she and Chanyeol had actually gone that far.

 

The answer is no, mister. She responded in her head.

 

"Y—ya, what are you thinking?" she protested with slight panic in her voice, "It's—it's not like that!"

 

Nonetheless, Kai faked a playful smirk. "It's okay. No need to be shy about it. We all have needs," he teased.

 

Wha~ This guy. Really. Having such dirty thoughts. Su Min commented as she stared at him with daggers in her eyes. How could he not realize that being ually intimate wasn't the only way to see a person half-? Why couldn't he consider that she may be—and she was—referring to the times she and Chanyeol went to the beach together with their families?

 

Su Min inhaled deeply to calm herself, hoping it would also wash away some of the rosiness on her cheeks—the natural blush made from anger and embarrassment. "Okay, I'm not even going to," she muttered under her breath.

 

She handed Kai the cup of tea then escaped to the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

 

|| …………… ||

 

The second Kai heard the lock click, he wiped the smirk off his face and stared blankly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter