Tear In My Heart

Songs We're Singing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene was sitting in the library staring at a blank notebook. She had been there for the better part of an hour, keeping away from anyone who would distract her, trying to come up with some way to make Wendy feel swept off her feet. She really couldn’t seem to think of any song that would have anything to do with their relationship. She smacked her head down on the notebook and let out a groan. 

 

“Call me crazy, but I don’t think that is how you get your ideas down on a page.” Irene shot up to see Solar and Moonbyul looking at her amusement. “Hello there Ice Queen,” Moonbyul said smiling. Irene gave her a pointed look before they sat down in front of her. 

 

“You seem… good,” Solar said cautiously. “Would this have anything to do with the song assignment?” 

 

“I know what I am going to base it on…” Irene looked at the pair’s expectant gazes. “I am not very confident in projecting my feelings, especially romantic ones.” 

 

“Oh, we know,” Moonbyul said. Solar gave her a quick smack. “What? No offense Irene, but you poured a milkshake on your girlfriend’s head when you met her because you panicked. No one assumes you romanced Wendy.” 

 

Irene pouted at Moonbyul’s confession. “Well maybe not but that’s why we are here.” Irene looked to Solar with a questioning gaze. “You were there for Moonbyul when all that Eric stuff was happening, and we want to help.” 

 

“Well,” Irene said looking at both of them, “How did you two get past all that drama?”

 

“That song helped,” Moonbyul said with a laugh. Irene noticed Solar blushing slightly at the mention of her confession at the beginning of the week. “But, we also talked about communicating better.”

 

“Moonbyul is also crazy forgiving. She put our friendship first, so I knew that what I had to repair was all the other stuff.”

 

“And how is this supposed to help me with romancing Wendy?”

 

“Pay attention to what she wants you ding dong!” Solar said with a laugh. “How does Wendy convey how she feels?” 

 

“Through song.” 

“Then sing to her!” Moonbyul said, flicking Irene’s forehead. 

 

“I am!” Irene groaned out. “The problem was that I don’t know what to sing!” 

 

“Oh,” Solar said, looking to Moonbyul with wide eyes. “Well, I guess we have to see what reminds Wendy of you and work from there.” 

 

Irene looked at the couple and narrowed her eyes. “You’d do that?” They both nodded. “And tell me?” They nodded again. “Alright, what is that you want.” 

 

“What?” Moonbyul gasped out. “Whatever could you-” 

 

“We need your house.” Irene looked to Solar with wide eyes.
 

“Pardon?”

 

“Way to smooth in the transition…” Moonbyul muttered before looking at Irene. “Look. Do you know YooA?” 

 

“Pretty eyes, killer dance moves,” Solar muttered. 

 

“Jealous?” Moonbyul teased back.

 

“No,” Solar said, moving into Moonbyul’s arms.  

 

“The point? And cut the sweetness its gross.” Solar gave Irene a pointed look before she stepped out of the hold. 

 

“Don’t even start, you and Wendy are a walking toothache. YooA knows Sin B-”

 

“The matchmaker girl?” Irene asked. The duo nodded.

 

“She wants to throw her sister a party,” Moonbyul said with a smile. 

 

“So, why does it have to be my house?” 

 

“You have a pretty epic backyard for hosting something like this. Besides, we said we’d secure a venue for her.” Before Irene could deny, Moonbyul cut her off, “You hosted our cheerleading barbeques three times now so I know that you have space. Plus, I already asked Momma Bae.”

 

“Well if you asked my mother why did you ask me!” 

 

“Because I wanted to lend my help to your cause anyway,” Moonbyul said with a smile. “And you may as well know that half the glee club was showing up to your house in two days.” 

 

Irene scowled at Moonbyul. “The fact that my mother and you are this close deeply bothers me.”

 

“Hey, Momma Bae gave me her number for anything I needed, don’t be upset that I talk to her more than you.” 

 

“I talk to her!” Irene exclaimed. Sure, she didn’t keep a consistent conversation going with her mother, but she always replied to her texts. 

 

“Telling your mom that you were ‘Doing well’ and ‘Making friends’ is not talking. You are avoiding it. And I don’t know why you would be. Your mom is super cool.” 

 

“Yeah, well…” Irene trailed off and pulled her lip inwards to chew it. 

 

“YOU HAVEN’T TOLD HER?!” Moonbyul whispered harshly. Irene looked at her with wide eyes as Solar just looked at her confused. 

 

“Told her what?” 

 

“That she has popped out of her repressive closet.” Solar looked from Moonbyul to Irene stunned. “I don’t get it, you told your dad… and you said that mysterious sister of yours knew too.”

 

“Yeah well, Papa and my sister are around more.” Irene looked at her with a slight frown. “I have never really spoken about… that around my mom. Papa knew a while ago, though he claims to have known since last year. I don’t know…” Irene trailed off with a sigh. “I mean I know that Papa and my sister support me… but what if my mom gets all weird?” 

 

“Bae, I think you should talk to your mom before we keep going with this assignment. You need to tell her what you are feeling.” Moonbyul looked to Irene with a warm smile. “Ditch the rest of the day, I’ll text your mom and you can go and spend time with her.” 

 

Irene gave her a reluctant smile and nod. “I guess I will have to tell her at some point. Better now than Saturday.” 

 

“Attagirl!” 

 

“While you are gone, Byul and I will try to get some details out of Wendy… don’t tell her you are leaving early. We need her to be vulnerable for this digging.”

 

Irene laughed at Solar’s now mischievous expression. Her wide smile caused Moonbyul to laugh and look at her with such an adoring look. Solar caught her eye, making her smile come down to a more touching one as they stared deeply at each other. It was then that Irene’s phone buzzed in her pocket and she looked down to see that it was her mother confirming her early pick up in ten minutes. She looked back up and saw the two still drowning in the pools of each other’s eyes. 

“I am going to go,” Irene said, gathering her things. Solar and Moonbyul both turned to look at her with blushes staining their cheeks. “Yeah, you two look like you are either going to break out into song or crawl into each other’s skin. And while I massively support this whole MoonSun love, I don’t want a front-row seat to the after show, so if you’ll excuse me.” 

 

“Make sure to make it classy Bae! You are still the head cheerleader!” Irene heard Moonbyul shout from behind her. She gave her a quick wave without turning back before heading to the office. She reached the door and took a deep breath before opening the door. 

 

“Well,” she whispered to herself. “Guess it’s time to leave this closet.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter