Fearless

Songs We're Singing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fearless- Taylor Swift

It was midday at Wendy’s house, Irene in the kitchen with Wendy and Yuri, absentmindedly making food for the barbeque they were hosting later. Joy, Yeri, and Seulgi were outside helping Jessica organize the yard for the grilling that Wendy was in charge of, which according to Jessica, was the safest option of the three people who lived in that house. 

 

“Thanks for helping Irene,” Yeri said, turning to look at her. “You really didn’t have to.”

 

“It’s not an issue at all Yuri, I enjoy being here,” Irene said politely. 

 

“You know it’s almost unrecognizable when you are so polite,” Joy’s voice said as she stepped into the kitchen. Irene sneered at her before turning back to washing the vegetables. “Ahh, that is more like it.” 

 

“You enjoy antagonizing her?” Yuri asked with a laugh.

 

“So much,” Joy and Irene replied in unison. 

 

“You remind me of Sooyoung,” Yuri said with a laugh. “You’ll meet her later tonight and let me tell you, her teasing of Jessica was nearly enough to make Jessica get suspended.” 

 

“Mom almost got suspended?” Wendy asked in disbelief. 

 

“Technically it was Sooyoung, Yoona, and I,” Jessica clarified as she walked in with a tired Suelgi and Yeri in tow. “But Yuri leaves that part out for shock value.” 

 

“It’s lame when you explain it your way. Then you just look like a person who was trying to help a just cause.” 

 

“Because I was!” Jessica replied to Yuri. “Yoona and I inspired Sooyoung’s law career.”

 

“Ahh,” Irene said with a laugh, “So I have you to thank for the lawyer in charge of my finances?” 

 

“She’s your legal counsel?” Wendy reached around and tugged Irene closer. “How fitting.” 

 

“I imagine your sister is very much someone who chooses to keep her circle small,” Yuri pondered. “Probably why that girl hasn’t made new friends in eons.” 

 

“She also has been in love with the same girl since middle school,” Jessica added, earning an enthusiastic nod from the rest of the group.

 

“And on that note,” Wendy said suddenly. She unwrapped her arms from Irene and looked over to Seulgi, “Mind helping me with something Seul?” Seulgi nodded in succession before walking out of the kitchen, “I’ll be back,” Wendy whispered to Irene before kissing her cheek. 

 

It hadn’t been all that unusual for Wendy to be sweet, but since yesterday she had been extra...touchy. Not that Irene minded at all, she quite enjoyed the unwavering attention that was suddenly upon her, so much so that she just about melted whenever Wendy did wrap her up close. 

 

“You look like you want to turn into a puddle,” Yeri said with mock disgust. “You could stand to be a bit more aloof, I almost miss Ice Queen Irene.” 

 

“Did I suddenly thaw?” Irene bit back with a raised brow. 

 

“No,” Yeri said, “Just around Wendy...which is honestly worse.” 

 

“You make it sound like she fell in love with a wolf or something.” The group laughed at Irene’s observation, drawing out the sound of incoming footsteps. 

 

“Are you talking about Jessica and Yuri?” said a familiar voice. In walked Sooyoung followed by a few known and some unknown faces. 

 

“Did you even knock?” Jessica glared. 

 

“Didn’t need to, the door was unlocked. That could be dangerous Sica, crazy people could just saunter in,” Sooyoung chastised. 

 

“You don’t say,” Jessica seethed. Irene noticed her eyes wander to the girls behind her before she let out a smile. “It’s been a while hasn’t it?” 

 

“I’ll say,” Sunny Lee replied with a sincere smile, “You look good.” 

 

“Stunning,” Seohyun added with a slight sniffle. 

 

“Every bit as icy as I remember,” a blonde woman said with a smirk. 

 

“Hyo,” Yuri hissed. “No berating the wife.”

 

“And to think I thought you would marry me one day,” Yoona sighed dramatically. Irene could see Jessica scoot closer to Yuri, latching their pinkies together. “But alas, always so besotted with your Ice Princess.” 

 

“Oh gosh,” Joy said with a laugh. “You call her Ice Princess?” 

 

“Yes,” Sooyoung said with confusion. “Present yourself...youthful human.” 

 

“Oh of course,” Joy reapplied with a wicked smile. “I am Joy Park,” Joy gestured over to Yeri, “This is Yeri Kim,” then settled a bright smile to Irene, “and THIS is our Ice Queen Irene Bae.”

 

“Oh WOW,” Sooyoung exclaimed with a laugh. “They call you Ice Queen Little Bae? That’s rich. Why are you here anyway? Shouldn’t you be watching your sister make out with her wife or something.” 

 

“Gross,” Irene and Yeri both said. 

 

“Oh Baby Kim!” Sooyoung said with excitement. “Guys! This is Taeyeon and Tiffany’s spawn now!” 

 

“Wait what?” everyone exclaimed. Irene looked to Sooyoung with a glare, before she went over to Yeri and gave her a side hug. 

 

“Yeah…” Yeri said with a meek smile. “They are adopting me, so I guess they are my parents now.”

 

“Does that make Irene…” Joy trailed off. Yeri nodded yes and Joy clutched a hand to her heart. “I am so sorry for you.” 

 

“Hey!” Irene exclaimed. 

 

Jessica cut the argument before it could start by leading the group outside, where a lot of the snacks and appetizers laid out. It took Sooyoung and Yoona all of three seconds before they piled their plates and sat down. Irene sat down beside Yoona, and was suddenly flanked by Seohyun at her other side, greeting her with a kiss on the cheek before she also dug into her plate. 

 

“Thanks for hosting these guys,” Sooyoung said with a mouthful of food. “When are the two not-so-newlyweds coming?” 

 

“They aren’t,” Jessica said with a smile. “We wanted to give them space, it’s why we have Irene here.”

 

“Are you watching Tae’s spawns for her?” Sunny said from the side. Irene rolled her eyes at the dig. Sunny was one of the few people that she knew from Tae’s life, other than Yoona and Seohyun, who were both holding her like she was the most fragile thing. 

 

“Spawn? I thought she was Taeyeon’s sister and the little one was their new spawn?” asked their blonde friend Hyoyeon. 

 

“She is!” Seohyun said with a loving smile at Irene. “She is so cute isn’t she?” 

 

“Not too cute when she has paws on all of my nice sweaters,” Sunny . Irene had once accidentally spilled juice on one of Sunny’s expensive sweaters and she never ceased to remind her. 

 

“Quit teasing the girl,” Yoona said with an eye roll. “My poor Irene, it’s been much too long. Let me take you shopping next weekend yeah? Seo and I will spoil you.” 

 

“Count me in,” Jessica said with a sip of her wine. “I can tour you around the Blanc and Eclare store in the mall. Show you the back rooms and stuff!” Irene gulped and nodded, creating a laugh from all the adults there. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter