Time Machine

Songs We're Singing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(italics mean it's the past)

 

Time Machine-SNSD

“And to our right, we have the most annoying campus couple to walk these mediocre halls,” Sooyoung shouted with a snicker. The group of students turned to look at the two girls who she referred to, holding hands and glaring at their tall tour guide. 

 

“Won’t you get into trouble for showing around freshman again?” Jessica asked. If Taeyeon and Tiffany were Earth, then Jessica seemed to be like the moon, always revolving near them in some way. 

 

“Won’t Tiffany be mad that you are standing within arm’s length of her precious Tae Tae?” Sooyoung snarked back as the group of students left. Jessica rolled her eyes but realized that Sooyoung’s comment caused Tiffany to check the distance between Jessica and Taeyeon. 

 

“You aren’t serious,” Jessica muttered. Tiffany looked at her with a sweet smile and laugh. 

 

“Of course I’m joking Jessie! We all know that you already have your one true love.” 

 

“Please don’t mention that again,” Jessica deadpanned.

 

“Mention who?” Yoona asked with spiked curiosity. 

 

“There was this girl that ran into Jessica this morning and asked her directions,” Taeyeon stated with a smile, “You know Jessica doesn’t do well with pretty girls so…” 

 

“It wasn’t that!” Jessica grumbled. “She was so happy and peppy and it was so early and she just was too…” 

 

“Hot,” Tiffany said with a nod. Taeyeon tugged her arm and shot her pout. “Oh but I love you so much Tae Tae. She’s hot for Jessie!” 

 

“Tiff-” 

 

“I have to meet her,” Yoona squealed cutting off Jessica. 

 

“I’m hoping she was a transfer and not someone who will be in our grade,” Jessica said pinching her nose. 

 

“You are upset that she gave you that nickname,” Taeyeon said with a snort, “What was it Fany? Snow Queen? Icicle…”

“ICE PRINCESS!” 

The voice in the distance barrelled through the halls and caught everyone’s attention. Jessica’s eyes widened in horror as everyone else’s lit up with glee. The girl approaching them was tall and very good looking, tan with highlights throughout her hair. She walked up to the group and shyly waved hello before looking towards Jessica with a big smile. 

“Hello!” Yoona interjected any interaction the girl was about to commence. “I’m Yoona. This Sooyoung, Taeyeon, and Tiffany,” she said pointing at the girls surrounding them. The tan girl nodded her head in acknowledgment before looking to Jessica again. “And that is Jessica.” 

 

“My name is Yuri,” the tan girl replied with a big smile before once again drawing her eyes to Jessica, “but YOU, Ice Princess, you can call me tonight.” 

 

“OH MY GOSH!” Wendy yelled out. Irene saw the look of astonishment on her girlfriend’s face as she looked at her mothers. “Mama you were so smooth!” Irene stopped mid when she heard Joy and Yeri laugh even harder. 

 

“At least we know where you get that from,” Joy said wiping her tears. 

 

“You think that was bad? I was her actual friend,” Yeri said with a blank look. “I had to hear how gorgeous Irene was. It got worse once they got together.”

 

“We can imagine,” Yoona said with sympathy in her eyes. “Afterall, we grew up with the most nauseating couple in the world and-” 

 

“And the most volatile,” Sunny finished with a laugh. Jessica glared at Yuri who also laughed along with the adults. 

 

“We were not that bad!” Jessica growled out. 

 

“Oh please,” Seohyun said, taking a sip of her wine. “You were like the comic relief to the Taeny romance novel. If the other two were singing a love ballad, we could always count on your duets to have us in hysterics.” 

 

“Got us through a lot of the boring lessons though,” Hyoyeon agreed. 

 

“Oh! Like when we joined the club! And Yuri made this fuss about sitting with Jessica!” Sunny shouted before looking at the kids. “You should’ve seen her…” 

 

“Welcome Freshman to the Glee Club,” the teacher said in an excited voice. “I know that we have not really gone on to much prestige but I believe that this new batch of minds will help us through! Please take your seats and introduce yourself!” 

 

“‘Sup, I’m Sooyoung. My specialties include singing and dancing and walking up and down the stage like a runway model.” 

 

“Hello, I am Yoona-”

 

“Aren’t you the new cheerleader?” someone asked in the back. 

 

“Oh yes. I am. But I figure this will help expand my potential so I am excited to be here!”

 

“I’m Seohyun,” the quietest one said sitting beside Yoona and Hyoyeon. 

 

“And I’m Hyoyeon, mess with the pipsqueak you mess with me.”

 

“Isn’t she taller-”

 

“WHAT DID YOU SAY!” Hyoyeon said snapping her head back to one of the older students. He shook his head and panicked. She sneered at him before focusing on the next person. 

 

“I’m Taeyeon!” 

 

“You look like my next girlfriend,” one of the boys said with a smile. He was quickly met with the death glare of Tiffany Hwang. 

 

“And I’m her black belt girlfriend Tiffany.” 

 

“Tiffany has a black belt?” Irene asked, interrupting the story. 

 

“In ballet maybe,” Yuri said with a scoff. “Tiffany couldn’t fight any more than Jessica could do anything athletic.”

 

“Which is to say none,” Wendy clarified for her. 

 

“I shop,” Jessica said with a pout. “That is plenty.” 

 

“Anyway,” Sunny said with a glare.

 

“Do keep your grubby paws off my girlfriend,” Tiffany sneered at the boy. Taeyeon clasped their hands together as they sat down hoping to calm her down. 

 

“I’m Jessica.” As Jessica was making her way behind the couple she heard Yuri walking right behind her. 

 

“And I’m Yuri, Jessica’s future wife.” 

 

Jessica looked to the smirking girl who sat beside her as her group of friends laughed aloud. She shot Yuri a glare and pretended she didn’t exist. 

 

“Well, how about an ice breaker!” the teacher said with enthusiasm. 

 

“I’ve been trying all day,” Yuri said in a low tone, causing the girls around her to giggle again. 

 

“Part of being in this club means finding the right person to have chemistry with! And since we have two couples sitting right here,” the teacher said gesturing to the group of four. “We can use them to guide us through this!

 

“Wait sir,” Jessica said in a panic, “You don’t understand we aren’t…” 

 

“Oh don’t worry about it, Ms. Jung! We are a progressive bunch! And you and Ms. Kwon are a rather handsome couple!”

 

“But you see we aren’t-”

 

“Princess,” Yuri said throwing an arm around Jessica, “Don’t be shy. You know I will catch you when you fall.” 

 

The class all groaned at Yuri’s flirting. The couple was given the task of charades. The demonstration from Tiffany and Taeyeon was harmonious,  every bit what you would expect from a new couple who had been friends their whole life. Yuri and Jessica were…

 

“OCEAN! WATER? LAKE! WHAT IS THAT MOTION?! I CAN’T EVEN UNDERSTAND!” Yuri yelled at Jessica.  “OCEAN’S EIGHT!” 

 

“Correct!” the teacher said with a giggle. “Congrats you two, you won!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter