Yellow

Songs We're Singing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double Update! In case you just skipped to the latest :) Check out Chapter 13 before this one if you havent!

Yellow- Coldplay

Irene woke up the strangest sight she could see. Taeyeon was downstairs, in a rather flattering outfit, hair perfectly done, ruffling through a catalog of sheet music. Irene sat down slowly in front of her sister with a questioning gaze. It took thirty seconds before Taeyeon looked up and saw her staring. 

 

“What?”

 

“Why are you up so early?” Irene asked. 

 

“I wanted to get a head start on the day,” Taeyeon replied, taking a sip from her mug. 

 

“Uh-huh…” Irene said with slight suspicion. “And the outfit?”

 

“I am a teacher Irene, I have to be presentable.” 

 

“Presentable for you is usually jeans and a hoodie, not… this.” Taeyeon merely rolled her eyes before she focused on her sheets again. Irene narrowed her eyes at the shirt her sister was wearing. “HEY IS THAT MINE?!” Taeyeon looked down before shrugging her off. “You don’t even like Blanc and Eclare stuff!”

 

“Well, I couldn’t go in and buy the stuff if the owner and I weren’t on speaking terms.”

 

“Really? You speak to all the other fashion designers?” Taeyeon stayed quiet. “Exactly.” Irene huffed and leaned back in her chair. Sudden realization hit her like a ton of bricks. “This look wouldn’t have anything to do with Tiffany would it?” Irene saw her sister give a slight pause at the mention of her new Co-Advisor. “Oh, so it does have something to do with her.” 

 

“Look, it was about time I dressed for my job like the adult that I am.” 

 

“Tae, you make more selling one song than you do over the course of a year teaching,” Irene reminded her. 

 

“But I enjoy teaching. And dressing like a professional means people take me seriously… and if Tiffany HAPPENED to see me it wouldn’t be the worst thing…”

 

“Ugh, so useless. Does this mean that you want-”

 

“Nothing. I want nothing,” her sister said suddenly. Irene looked at her unimpressed. “Okay, I want to talk. Hear her side, and then walk away and disappear into the night.” 

“Oh? And that is the adult thing to do?” Irene questioned sarcastically. 

 

“Of course not,” Taeyeon said. “As an adult, I will give her my take on how to move forward once the adequate amount of time has passed.”

 

“And that would be…”

 

“Eleven years,” her sister said, like it was obvious. 

 

“Tae!” Irene exclaimed. “You are gonna make her wait one more year than you did?! You can’t be serious.” 

 

Taeyeon laughed. “Of course not. I don’t know Irene. I don’t know what I want. Tiffany and I…” Irene could see the emotion that laid in her sister’s eyes. “She was so special to me.” Taeyeon looked at Irene with a sad smile. “I lost my person, and now? She is plopped right back down on my lap. And I am going nuts because this doesn’t make any sense.” 

 

“I see.” Irene patted her sister’s hand. “I say you talk, maybe she’s your Wendy.”

 

“My Wendy?” Taeyeon asked confused. 

 

“Yeah,” Irene said with a big smile. “Like how Wendy makes the stars seem to shine brighter when she’s around.”

 

“Oh,” Taeyeon said with a soft smile. “Yeah. Tiffany… brighter than stars…”

 

“Hey, that’s my thing,” Irene said sharply. 

 

“Then gems…?” 

 

“Sure you can have that one.” Irene looked to the clock on the wall and leaped up. “I have to get  Wendy! I told her we’d stop by the coffee shop before school.”

 

“Is she feeling better about coming to dinner tomorrow?” Irene sighed as she went to put her shoes on. Wendy had been texting her in a non-stop panic. Irene didn’t remember being as nervous to meet Wendy’s parents, but she also was familiar with Yuri and had been romanced when she was asked. Irene basically ambushed Wendy at her house and had her sister spill the beans. Wow, she really wasn’t a romantic.

 

“Panicked. I tried to get Moonbyul to tell her Mom and Papa aren’t scary but she’s on a constant spiral.”

 

“I’m sure she will be fine. I will be here so she’ll have someone hyping her up! Speaking of, I think they are grabbing a ride here so leave them keys yeah?” Irene gave her sister a smile as she pulled her shoes on. “Remember, last day for songs, Tiffany says she has some lesson plan prepared to help hone in on skills we may be lacking.”

 

“That explains the sheet music,” Irene muttered to herself. “Bye Tae!” She heard her sister say bye as she rushed out into her car and down the street. There on the sidewalk was a pacing Wendy, still as cute as a button. 

 

Wendy jumped in the car and immediately looked to Irene with furrowed brows. “What if your mom realizes that I am a girl?” Irene looked at Wendy dumbfounded. “I mean obviously I am a girl!”

 

“Good because I really didn’t know what to reply to that..” 

 

“But you are like the type of girl who people expect to be with THE guy,” Wendy said leaning back into the seat. Irene shifted the gears, she very clearly wasn’t going to receive a proper greeting. “Not just a guy, but the perfect man who has perfect teeth and perfect grades and perfect… everything!”

 

“Wendy…” 

 

“And what can I really give you?” Wendy said with a whine. “I can’t even accurately dress y even after the iest girl at our school picked out just about everything in it!”

 

Irene jerked the car to stop with more force than needed. Wendy seemed to be out of sorts with Irene’s harsher than necessary parking. She hopped off the car with a huff and walked over into the coffee shop. She couldn’t believe just how irritating this morning had become in such a short while. She had no kiss hello, no word in her argument as to why her mother already knows that Wendy was beyond anything Irene could’ve hoped for, and her girlfriend didn’t think she was the iest girl in the school! Honestly the nerve. Irene could feel Wendy slide in behind her in the line but refused to turn around. It took all of five seconds to give the cashier their order and pay, still blocking Wendy from even attempting to pay for them.

 

“Irene? Wendy?” Oh, joy. Literally Joy. Like the person her girlfriend considered the iest person at school was standing right there, a sultry smile on her face. “Well if it isn’t my adorable Wendy and her Ice Queen.” 

 

Irene gave her a blank look before shifting her eyes to Wendy, who was looking at Irene with worried eyes. “Joy,” Irene said icily. Joy looked at Irene surprised. “Don’t you look… y today.” Irene could see the confusion written all over Joy’s face. “I mean, what more can I expect from the iest girl in school.” It seemed that Wendy’s previous worry held a slightly more guilty look now.

 

“Uhh…” Joy said shifting her eyes between the couple. “Thanks? While I appreciate that particularly icy compliment, I wouldn’t say that I am THE iest.” 

 

“I have it on good authority that you are,” Irene said, looking at Wendy. Wendy was about to reply when their drink order was called. “If you’ll excuse me.” Irene made her way over to the pick-up counter, hearing Joy’s slightly raised voice and quick yelp. Before she had a chance to even turn, she noticed the barista staring at her. “Can I help you?” 

 

“Oh, yes please,” the boy grinned. Irene immediately felt her guard go down. “That girl you were speaking to? With the dark hair? She comes in every morning and I promised myself that I would pass her my number.” Irene looked at his blushing cheeks with a slight smile. “So if it wouldn’t be a burden…” 

 

“I can give her your number.” Barista Boy thanked her profusely before writing his number on one of the coffee sleeves. Irene gave him a small smile as she made her way back over to Wendy and Joy. It seemed her interaction had caused the two to focus their attention on her. They looked shocked at Irene who showed no emotion to either of them. 

 

“Did,” Wendy started with a slight glare. “Did he give you his number?” Irene nodded as she sat down and handed Wendy her drink. “And you took it?!” Once again Irene nodded as she took a sip of her iced tea before she slid the sleeve to Joy. 

 

“You can’t just-”

 

“He wanted me to give this to you,” Irene said, cutting Wendy’s attempt at a rant. She noticed Joy’s blushing smile and stood up. “He says you are here every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter