Sue Me

Songs We're Singing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1) Wierd Day- Moonbyul and Punch

2) Sue Me- Sabrina Carpenter

“Well, well, well,” Joy said as she stood in the middle of the glee club room. “Now just what do we have here?” Irene looked at her with nothing more than an annoyed expression while Wendy laughed. 

 

“This,” Wendy said, shaking her and Irene’s clasped hands, “Would be my girlfriend. And you,” she said pointing to Joy and her smug smile, “Are annoying her.” 

 

Irene pulled Wendy over to the two center seats in the front row before looking around the room. She gave Wendy a look to let her know that she was heading over to where Moonbyul, Hwasa, and Wheein all were. “Byul.” The girls all looked to Irene. Moonbyul wore a genuine smile, while Hwasa and Wheein looked at her with matching shocked expressions. 

 

“Call the presses,” Hwasa said, “The Ice Queen has come to visit our humble land.” Irene rolled her eyes and smiled at Hwasa and Wheein’s antics. They were known for being some of the funniest people at school, alongside Moonbyul and...well.

 

“A smile from her grace!” Wheein said gesturing dramatically. “We are not worthy!” Suddenly she and Hwasa grabbed onto Irene’s hands and began to pepper kisses on them getting Irene to break into a fit of giggles. 

 

“Should I be concerned?” Wendy chuckled. Wheein and Hwasa dropped Irene’s hands as Wendy joined them, taking one of the now free hands into her own. Moonbyul had a big smirk on her face at the sight of them. 

 

“What could this be Lady Hwasa?” Wheein turned with a dramatic gasp. 

 

“My fair Wheein, the Ice Queen has a suitor!” Hwasa said, shaking Wheein. The other three girls kept a smile at their running gag. “A mighty cute one at that!” 

 

Irene looked over to Wendy, who had dressed down from yesterday’s mind blowing outfit change. Her adorable crush turned girlfriend was back to being cute as a button… just with better clothes. Suddenly, Hwasa words sunk into her as she turned back to them with a glare. 

 

“Cute?” Irene scowled.

 

“A possessive queen…” Moonbyul muttered. 

 

“Hey!” Irene said, causing the entire group to laugh. Irene pouted at their teasing, making Wendy suddenly lean in to kiss her cheek. Suddenly she felt herself smile and blush and turned to see Wendy in a similar state. 

 

“If I knew a kiss was all it took to turn the Ice Queen into a real girl I would’ve paid someone ages ago,” Moonbyul said laughing. 

 

“Only Wendy seems to have that effect. Remember when that visiting basketball team’s player tried? I had never seen someone go off that quickly.” Wheein said. 

 

“Oh yeah!” Moonbyul agreed. “The poor er walked out of the school covered in feathers and glitter! We never figured out how you did it Irene!” 

 

“For the millionth time, I didn’t!” 

 

“Okay…” Moonbyul said while rolling her eyes. “But you know after that prank you were untouchable! I mean dumping a shake is one thing, but pouring glue feathers AND glitter all over someone! Man, people still cluck at him when he comes to play.” 

 

Irene gave an exasperated look at the accusation. While she was forever grateful to the person who did decide to pull a fast one on the creep, she was a little annoyed that she was given this menacing reputation because of it. The lack of care she gave to the two big things she did that semester cemented the ‘Ice Queen’ moniker, and she only really did one!

 

“I did it.” The sound of Wendy’s admission stopped Hwasa, Wheein, and Moonbyul’s laughter. They looked at her with disbelief. “Yeah…” Wendy said with flushed cheeks. “I was there when he said it and I just couldn’t have someone think that it was okay for them to talk to you like that. So I may have left before the game ended and set up the trap in the locker room…” Everyone looked at her stunned. “What? I got in A in physics and that’s like half the work. The rest was all gravity. I told him that if he ever so much as breathed in your vicinity, I would make sure the glue wasn’t washable the next time.” 

 

They all looked at Wendy with the biggest shocked expressions imaginable. Once they gained their composure, Wheein, Hwasa, and Moonbyul all gave a big applause, while Irene gave her a smile and thank you. 

 

“Wheein....” Hwasa said as the clapping died down. Everyone shifted their attention back to her. “It seems like the Queen has found her knight.” They all broke out into laughter except Irene who just let out a long sigh at their teasing. 

 

“I came over with a purpose you know.” They all turned to look at Irene again. “How are you?” Irene asked Moonbyul. 

 

The change in attitude was quick in the three girls. Moonbyul’s overall sadness was overpowered by the anger that Wheein and Hwasa seemed to be producing. “I think that despite how we feel, we have to take into account that we are her friends first,” she was met with scoffs from both Hwasa and Wheein. She gave them a pointed look before continuing. “And whatever my feelings are, they come second.” 

 

“In short we have to it up because Byul doesn’t want to hold it against her for not feeling the same way,” Hwasa summarized. Irene and Wendy both nodded in understanding. “But it did help us come up with a way to have Byul here let it out. She is taking the last slot for the setlist.” 

 

“VAMPIRE TEAM LISTEN UP!” Joy screamed out. Everyone in the room turned to look at her. “PLEASE MEET OVER HERE FOR FINAL TOUCH UPS!” Their team began to walk over to her, all a little confused. 

 

“Sheesh who made her leader?” Eric said as he reached the group. He had Solar’s hand in his grasp as he looked to see who of the team would agree with him. The particular cold reception he was met with from Solar’s close friends seemed to shut him up. 

 

“Well, no one was stepping up so I took it upon myself to make sure that this is pulled off flawlessly.” Joy looked to the rest of the group before pointing to the board. “So here we have the setlist. Anyone find something we could place in the last slot?” 

 

“We decided to scrap our group number,” Wheein said. 

 

“What?” Solar asked, shocked. 

 

“Well since Solar and her boyfriend are doing one, we decided to partner with Jennie and Nayeon,” Hwasa said.  Jennie and Nayeon nodded in agreement. Solar seemed like she was genuinely hurt by the decision to cut the number. 

 

“So what is Byul supposed to do?” Solar asked. 

 

“Well, since Byul is the only one without a song right now she can take the last slot?” Joy suggested. Everyone but Solar nodded in agreement. 

 

“But, do you need a partner? I can-”

 

“No need,” Seulgi said with an innocent smile. “She’s got this.” Solar looked at Moonbyul intently. Irene could feel the emotions radiating off of the two of them. 

 

“Yeah Solar,” Moonbyul said with a smug smile. “I’ve got this.” 

 

The team seemed to sense the strange tension, making Joy turn the attention back to her yet again. “Alright. So I have Hwasa Nayeon Jennie and Wheein, Solar and Eric, Irene Sunmi Yeri and Seul, Moonbyul, Me, and lastly Seul and Wendy?” Everyone but Eric nodded. 

 

“Why did you get a solo?” Eric asked out. “Actually you and Moonbyul?” Everyone looked at him like he’d grown three heads. “What! Look they aren’t even the strongest singers in the group.” Moonb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter