Confession Song

Songs We're Singing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Update 2/3! Go read the Fearless chapter if you haven't! 

Confession Song- GOT7 

Wendy's POV:

Mornings were only Wendy’s favorite when Irene was beside her. When she woke up, she was greeted to the sight of her amazing girlfriend, as serene as her namesake, curled into her embrace. It wasn’t all that long ago that Wendy was overly annoyed by the very same girl that gave her butterflies. It was a confusing year for her to say the least. Yeri and Sejeong were the only reasons she stayed sane during the time, just until Irene finally caved and joined glee. And now, many months later, Wendy lay with the girl she dreamed of, completely enamoured by her. 

 

“You know you only look creepier if you keep staring at her,” her friend’s voice drifted from the pull out couch. Wendy leaned up, letting Irene fall out of her arms a bit, to see Yeri sitting up with a raised brow. “Go get ready for school, I refuse to be late because you can’t help but make googly eyes at your girlfriend…” Wendy could feel herself blush at the analysis. Usually Irene took up the tough girl act when people teased them, and having the girl fast asleep was not going to win Wendy any battles right now. “And make sure to use a concealer today, people are going to think you were mauled.” 

 

Wendy walked over to her restroom with confusion. She went through her morning routine before finally taking a look in the mirror. She couldn’t understand what Yeri meant by- oh. It would be rather cumbersome if Wendy wasn’t busy remembering just how she got the red mark on her neck. It was very rare that she and Irene let themselves be carried away, but whenever they did, it would leave Wendy buzzing, excited, and wanting more. None of which she ever conveyed to Irene for fear of scaring the girl off. But given the nature of her current predicament, Wendy opted for a very light concealing attempt, which basically meant almost none. 

 

“What are you doing love?” came a sweet voice. Wendy turned to see an amused Irene, finally awake from slumber, teeth freshly brushed, and face bright and moisturized. “Admiring my work?”

 

Wendy felt that familiar buzz she got from the night before it started to spark. She gave Irene a shy smile before leaning in to kiss the side of her head. “Morning baby, I have to get ready, but please make yourself at home.” Wendy didn’t think she could handle being in such confined spaces with Irene just yet, not with the memory of their night still fresh on her mind. 

 

“I genuinely worry for your lack of speaking skills around your girlfriend,” Yeri stated, appearing out of thin air. Wendy jumped a bit before scowling at her friend. “Don’t give me that look, I have been watching you pine for over a year, my critiques are valid.” 

 

“And unnecessary,” Wendy muttered. “We’re happy.” 

 

“Oh I don’t doubt it...love.” Yeri replied with a teasing tone. She was rewarded with another scowl courtesy of Wendy. 

 

Wendy had made a disgruntled objection to Yeri’s use of Irene’s pet name. It sounded wrong coming from her old friend. When Irene says it, she sets Wendy ablaze, engulfed in the affection and care she knows Irene has for her. When Yeri says it, she feels, well nothing. Maybe mild annoyance. 

 

“Love?” her girlfriend’s voice lilted. She could see Yeri give her a mischievous look before she walked downstairs. “Ready?” Wendy waited for the girl of her dreams to walk out of the restroom, smiling and heading straight for Wendy’s outstretched arms. 

 

“Yup, lets go.” 

 

~~~

 

“I remember this class being more interesting,” Wendy whispered from beside Irene. Her girlfriend gave her a small laugh but kept her gaze focused on the teacher. Irene had been very attentive to her studies lately, now that she wasn’t pining for Wendy focusing on school was marginally easier. “And you sit next to me now, so I get even more distracted.” 

 

Irene shifted slightly before whispering, “Why?” 

 

“Because you’re you,” Wendy whispered back before showing Irene the picture she was drawing. It was two small stick figures holding hands with their names on each. “Apparently you take up a lot of my thoughts these days.”

 

Before Irene could say anything the teacher called her up. “Miss Son, Miss Bae, do you find the retellings of war to be amusing?” The old man spoke sternly. 

 

“No sir,” Wendy answered, panicked. 

 

“Well I hope not, my two brightest students and they sit there giggling about war tactics,” he grumbled to the class who laughed. “If you could focus on your notes and not the love poems you are slipping Miss Bae I would appreciate it greatly Miss Son.”  Wendy gave him a sheepish smile before burying her head in her arms out of embarrassment. She could feel Irene laughing quietly beside her. “Miss Bae?” The teacher called out gaining Irene’s attention.  Wendy peaked up slightly to see what the old man would say. “Please stop admiring your seat partner. It seems that every time I look up you are fixated on the girl.”

Wendy quickly put her head back down before laughing. She felt Irene give a slight smack to her leg beneath the desk.  

 

Before long the bell rang letting them go on a break. Gathering up her things, Wendy and Irene stood up before hearing their history teacher clear his throat. 

 

“Miss Bae, this was left for you earlier. Please be advised that I will not have your suitors drop these gifts off in my classroom. If they want to romance you remind them that it shouldn’t be during school hours.” The man handed Irene a small bunch of daisies before moving back to his desk. Irene walked out slightly confused and was met with an equally confused Wendy. 

 

“Was this you?” Irene asked Wendy. 

 

“No,” Wendy said. Irene handed her the flowers as Wendy searched for a note. “Should I be concerned?” 

 

“Maybe Seul or the other girls left me these as a joke?” Irene offered. 

 

“Left you what?” Seulgi said, bouncing up to them. Joy and Yeri followed closely as they also saw the flowers. “I didn’t get you these,” Seulgi replied confused. They looked to Joy and Yeri who also shook their heads. 

 

“You got my flowers?” called out a voice. They turned to see Bo Gum standing there with a big smile. Wendy could feel her heart drop to her stomach. “Wait, why does Wendy have them?” 

 

Irene stood there stunned as Wendy and the girls also looked at him like he had grown another head. “Boredom, how not nice to see you,” Joy said with a sneer. 

 

“You know, whoever named you Joy must have thought it was the most ironic name to give the grumpiest person,” Bo Gum sneered back. 

 

“Back off,” Yeri said, shoving herself to the front. 

 

“Shouldn’t you be on time out? Since when did freshmen take Advanced Math?” the boy asked. 

 

“Since I was moved up a grade,” Yeri retorted. “Why are you sending flowers to a girl you know is taken? Did all that hair gel start seeping into your head and begin messing with your common sense?”

 

“I use hairspray actually,” Bo Gum said with a smirk. 

 

“Oh so the fumes,” Yeri snarked back. Bo Gum’s face turned dark as he let out an annoyed grunt. 

 

“Why are you sending her flowers,” Wendy asked in a steady voice. She was pretty over this guy trying to woo her girlfriend away. Not that Irene entertained his advances, but his constant attempts were enough to make Wendy more than a little upset.

 

“I wanted her to know that I truly wanted to pursue her,” Bo Gum said to Wendy and Irene. “We can be amazing Irene if only you gave us a shot.” 

 

“I don’t want to be with you,” Irene said in a cold voice. 

 

“I don’t think you know what you and I could be,” Bo Gum tried reasoning with her. “Think about it, I am wealthy and handsome, and you would make the perfect wife by my side.” 

 

“She isn’t interested,” Wendy said in a stern voice, hoping that it wouldn’t give way to the panic at the thought of Irene being Bo Gum’s wife.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter