Time to Love

Songs We're Singing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time to Love- Red Velvet

Irene woke up with someone clutching onto her pajama top. She looked down to see Yeri squished in between her and Wendy, Wendy draping an arm over both of them. She smiled before peeling herself off and stretching. Joy and Seulgi were on the opposite ends of the room, both sprawled inside the round chairs Irene had. 

 

Their adventures lasted all the way into the early moments of the morning, guitars strummed trying to come up with a song to show the team. With a tired yawn, Irene brushed her teeth before heading downstairs to start breakfast. She heard voices in the kitchen and smiled expecting to see Taeyeon and Tiffany casually flirting. Instead, she walked in to not only see her sister and her wife but Jessica and Yuri. 

 

“Oh, hello,” Irene said with a shy smile. 

 

“Hello sweetheart,” Jessica replied. She held up a bag from Blanc and Eclare and Irene’s eyes went wide. “I brought you some new designs.” 

 

“Thank you so much, Jessica!” Irene said with a wide smile and excited eyes. 

 

“Of course! It’s the least I can do for you! You did the impossible.” Irene gave Jessica a confused look before noticing Jessica’s eyes dart to Taeyeon. 

 

“Oh!” Irene said with comprehension. “Get Taeyeon’s head out of her-” 

 

“Hey!” Taeyeon interrupted Irene. 

 

“You got Tweedledum and Tiffany to finally talk, and makeup, and be sappy,” Yuri said with a teasing smile. Tiffany laughed before handing coffee to everyone at the table. 

 

“You know Yul,” Tiffany said, stirring in some creamer to her cup. “One of these days I will just have to tell your daughter just how much of a weirdo you were in high school.” 

 

“I was not weird!” Yuri exclaimed. 

 

“Why weren’t you weird?” Came Wendy’s sleepy voice. Irene turned to see her girlfriend with one eye closed as she rubbed the other. Blinking slowly, Wendy opened her eyes and smiled at Irene and greeted her with a kiss to the head. “Morning baby,” Wendy whispered. 

 

“For your sake,” Taeyeon grumbled, “That better have been the only kind of kiss shared between the two of you.” 

 

“Oh, what was that?” Irene ground out from Wendy’s arms, “I couldn’t hear over that purple bite mark on your neck. What was that about a mosquito Tae?” 

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened as everyone else laughed. “A mosquito Tae?” Tiffany giggled. “So creative.” 

 

“And not the first time you’ve used it,” Jessica said laughing. 

 

“You are a mighty hypocrite Taeyeon!” Yuri said, wiping away her tears from laughing. “You and Tiffany were freshman when you-”

 

“AHH!” Taeyeon yelped out. Irene merely raised an eyebrow to her sister while she felt Wendy’s heart race a little quicker. 

 

“Enough grossness from the old people. Love, can you help make the girls some food?” Wendy nodded before pulling out ingredients as the adults all moved to the patio. “Did you know your moms were coming?” 

 

“Mom texted me last night that she wanted to set some stuff aside for you. I figured they’d probably stop in to see Taeyeon and Tiffany.” 

 

“Guys! Moms are cooking breakfast!” Joy yelled out. She sauntered into the kitchen and sat down at the table. “I’ll peel some fruit?” Irene nodded, returning to her task. It didn’t take Yeri and Seulgi too long to join them in time to actually dig into their prepared meal. 

 

“So what’s the plan today?” Seulgi said, chewing. 

 

“Well, perfect the song choices,” Wendy said thoughtfully. “Oh! Taeyeon said that she wanted you guys to come up with a number!” 

 

“I would prefer you all do that number actually.” Everyone turned to see Tiffany with her bag in hand. 

 

“Oh? A set of five?” Yeri asked with wide eyes. 

 

“Unless you can find four more and do nine,” Tiffany laughed as Jessica Yuri and Taeyeon joined her in the kitchen. “It was kind of our thing.” The adults all nodded and laughed. “Tae Tae you think we could get Hyo to help out on the dances?”

“I don’t see why not,” Taeyeon said mulling it over. “Pretty sure she has plenty of time now that her son is in school.”

 

“Already texted her,” Yuri said looking at her phone. “She said ‘Thank god those two decided to get past all that, Taeyeon was mopey and needed to desperately get la-”

 

“The relevant part Yuri!” Taeyeon stressed. 


“Right, right,” Yuri snickered. “Ah! ‘Of course, I will help out! Do you know how bored I am sitting at home? I have been waiting for Taeyeon to muster up the courage to ask for ages! She has great potential dancers in there. Tell her I will be there Tuesday, and to have a thank you ready for arranging that hilarious wedding!’ She is still so funny.” 

 

“Always the jokester you two,” Tiffany said with a light tone. “Kids, I am taking these guys to my place for a while.” 

 

“Wait you don’t live here?” Seulgi asked. Joy also looked at them with a curious expression. 

 

“What? No, whatever gave you that idea?” Tiffany asked with surprise. 

 

“Well you go to school together,” Joy said.

 

“And you leave together,” Seulgi added. “And when it seems like you are here a lot.” 

 

“Plus that badly covered bite on Advisor Kim’s neck says that your sleepovers aren’t at all like ours,” Joy explained while eating her food. Once again everyone laughed as Tiffany and Taeyeon turned red. 

 

“Well,” Tiffany said, breaking the laughter. 

 

“She’s moving in.” Taeyeon huffed. 

 

“Honestly,” Yeri said in finishing off her food. “It took them long enough to fully decide what the heck was going on. Then I came into the picture and got dragged into the Taeny drama. Which is crazy because this all started as a ploy to get Irene to finally grow the nerve to ask Wendy out.”

 

“Be thankful I like you all,” Irene muttered. The adults all took that as  their cue to leave the room, waving bye to the five girls in the kitchen. “And now I am left with you buffoons.”

 

“Hey!” Seulgi said with her mouthful. “That’s mean! Who do you think told that buffoon to actually talk to you!”

 

“What?” Irene asked with surprise. Wendy looked at her with a blush and nodded. 

 

“When you threw her on the floor? That day with Sejeong, you got all sad and stuff. Well, I told Wendy about it,” Seulgi said with a smile. 

 

“Wha-”

 

“She told me she didn’t think you wanted to antagonize me so much,” Wendy clarified. “That you would probably apologize if you ever worked up the nerve to talk to me.”

 

“I drew Wendy’s name that first day,” Joy said. “But I slipped the paper back on the top so you’d grab it. I mean it was either going to be Wendy or Sejeong at that rate so you were going to be hounded anyway. We just wanted to give you the extra push to finally discuss things.” 

 

“We are way more involved in your relationship than you think,” Yeri said with a smirk. “That bus ride? Me and Joy were hounding you remember?”

 

“I asked Byul to have her and the girls sing to you guys that day they came back.” Seulgi smiled. 

 

“I transformed Wendy from a cabbage patch to a real girl,” Joy said with a wink. “You are VERY welcome.” 

 

“Not to mention all the times you two-run to us,” Yeri reminded them with a laugh. “Other than Byul and Solar you pretty much come to your best pals.”

 

“Oh my gosh,” Irene muttered looking at Wendy. “They are our best friends.” Wendy looked at her with surprise and nodded. 

 

“Well with Jennie and Nayeon in their own dating drama, and Sejeong in hers, someone needed to swoop in and protect Wenrene!” Yeri claimed. Everyone laughed before she sent them a genuine smile. “I like you guys a lot. I know I skipped a grade, and Wendy was always nice, but all of you really started to become my friends.” 

 

“Aww!” Seulgi cooed. “You are being sappy!” 

 

“Don’t forget who whipped your at go-karts yesterday Seulgi,” Yeri reminded her with a darkened expression.”You are still my slave for the next two days. Seulgi sat back with a pout. “Aww, aren’t YOU the cutest,” Yeri teased back resulting in a slight blush from Seulgi. 

 

“Alright,” Wendy said laughing at Seulgi’s nervous reaction. “We need something to sweep the adult off their feet.” 

 

“I have the perfect plan!” Seulgi suddenly said sitting up. 

 

~~~

 

Only Yuri and Jessica had stopped in since the adults all departed. Taeyeon and Tiffany had decided to sift through Tiffany’s apartment and pick what they would keep and toss, leaving Jessica and Yuri to be the movers for the two. This gave the girls enough time to put together that performance that Taeyeon and Tiffany had been pestering them about. With the added help of Jessica and Yuri, plus their stellar work ethic, they got the full number done in no time at all. With a great plan and even better decoration, all they needed were the guests of honor. It didn’t take long before everyone heard a car pulling up. 

 

“Hello?” Taeyeon called out when she and Tiffany reached the living room. Irene stood there smiling at her sister. “Irene? Where is everyone?” 

 

“Well,” Irene said, “In this whole ordeal, I seem to have forgotten that I never did give you anything for getting married.” 

 

“Oh, Irene you don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter