Loving You

Songs We're Singing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loving U- Sistar

 

The dance was coming quickly, but her date with Wendy was coming even quicker. As in tonight. The morning seemed to drag on for Irene however, as Wendy was nowhere to be found. Given the state of their texts last night, Joy had stayed over to help Wendy out with her style and after 9 p.m. Irene had no word from the girl. She was absent in History and Math as well. All she could do was hope that her (not yet but almost) girlfriend would show up for their team meeting.  

 

Wandering into the choir room, Irene looked down at her phone noting the time. Their team should be showing up any second now, going over final songs and performance ideas for the dance. 

 

“Irene?” 

 

Irene looked up to find Moonbyul walking into the room. The girl seemed to be filled with nerves as she took the seat beside Irene. Turning to Moonbyul, Irene met her eyes. “Yes?”

 

“I told everyone that the meeting would start in fifteen minutes, Moonbyul said nervously. 

 

“Oh did you want the space to yourself-” 

 

“No that isn’t it!” Irene sat back down at Moonbyul’s assertion. “I saw you yesterday…” Irene raised an eyebrow, “By your car…” 

 

Irene’s face regained its blank state as her heart quickened. “I see.” 

 

“I won’t tell anyone!” Moonbyul exclaimed loudly.  “I just thought… since we are in a similar situation, you may be able to help me?” 

 

Irene gave Moonbyul the most stoic stare she could muster. She recalled her conversation with Solar, how sure the girl seemed over her hold on Byul and what it meant. Though apparently Irene had interpreted wrong. And what did she mean by a similar situation... “Similar…?” 

 

Moonbyul’s jaw clenched as she looked to her feet. “I, Uhm,  I’m in love with Solar…” Irene breathed a sigh of relief. It seemed that this unexpected issue was not going to take more than a gentle nudge in the right direction. “But she is set on hiding our, well whatever it is.” Oh, so a bit more complicated than she thought. “And she has been avoiding me for the past two days.”

 

“Oh,” Irene said with surprise. Solar and Byul usually seemed to be put together and happy, she hadn’t noticed the divide between the two at all. “Was there a reason?”

 

“We were together, and I…” Irene could see Moonbyul look down and take a breath, “I told her that I- I loved her. More than anything in the world.” 

 

“Well, you felt it didn’t you?” Irene asked with slight hesitation.  Moonbyul gave a sure nod, “Then it wasn’t in poor taste to relay that. Maybe she needs time to process how she feels? Look at the very least you have to talk today right?” 

 

Moonbyul looked to Irene after she let out a sigh. “You’re right. Thank you by the way. I know it doesn’t involve you and you probably don’t want to hear about these things-”

 

“Nonsense,” Irene said, “You felt I was the person to ask and as your friend I am happy to help in any way I can.  But you said I would understand? I don’t seem to connect this yet.”

 

“Well, when I saw you with Wendy, I just assumed that you were also keeping her shut out in the public’s eyes.” 

 

“Oh no,” Irene said, “We are openly dating, but no one has seemed to make the connection. We figure people will know when they know.” Moonbyul let out an oh in response. “Once the actual asking her to be my girlfriend part is done I’ll have to make more of an effort to show our relationship...” 

 

“Hold the milkshakes this time though?” Moonbyul teased. 

 

“Of course,” Irene laughed. “Maybe matching sweaters with our faces on them.” 

 

“Oh yeah, what a way to parade your claim on someone you’ve been panicking over since last year.” Moonbyul reminded her. They both gave a laugh as the doors opened to the room once again. In walked Hwasa, Wheein, Seulgi, and Sunmi with the most mischievous expression imaginable. Irene threw them all a look before feeling Moonbyul tap her shoulder. “I should warn you that you may have a heart attack, Irene.”

 

Confusion swept Irene’s face as her brows drew closer and she looked around when everyone started to snicker at Moonbyul’s warning. “Something you all would like to tell me?” The group shook their heads as they went back to giggling amongst themselves. 

 

“It’s not so much tell, as much as show,” A devilish voice said. In sauntered Joy, who had a fresh haircut and a wonderfully tight dress.

 

 Jennie walked in with Nayeon who both had wide eyes and flushed cheeks. “Wow,” Nayeon said with a dreamy sigh. 

 

“I know,”  Jennie agreed. She looked at Irene and handed her a bottle of water. “You might need this.” 

 

Joy cleared to gain the attention back to her. “I won’t disclose anything that I have learned, but I do have to take the credit for THIS particular masterpiece. Ladies! I present to you the new Wendy Son!”

 

As Wendy finally walked through the doors, Irene finally understood why everyone was making those comments. dried up and her heart raced at the sight before her. Wendy Son, with her overgrown bangs, brown hair, loose pants, and cute chunky sweaters was gone. Before Irene stood a gorgeous short-haired blonde, deep dark lipstick, and body-hugging ripped jeans, shirt, and coat. This is a mature and y Wendy, one that rendered Irene more speechless than usual. 

 

Irene suddenly noticed everyone looking at her. They were all smiling, including Wendy who seemed to have noticed just how enraptured Irene was thirty seconds ago. “What?” Irene asked. She knew her cheeks were burning and probably the deepest shade of red she could be. 

 

“Wendy wanted to know what you thought,” Yeri said with a giggle. 

 

“Oh,” Irene said, blinking back to New Wendy. “I, I think, you look, and the hair is… what lip color is that?” 

 

Joy gave Irene a smirk before replying for Wendy, “Sin.” Irene felt her breath catch as she tried to swallow saliva to quench her suddenly dry throat. 

 

“I see,” Irene replied, taking a swig of water. “I loved you both ways, Wendy.” 

 

The group gave another laugh as Wendy blushed deeply at that. She mouthed a thank you before she took the seat beside Irene. 

 

“Step right up step right up and see the Ice Queen herself turn to absolute mush over her knight in shining Wendy!” shouted a voice from out the door. The group turned to see Yeri ushering a group of first years through the door, smiling widely as she looked from Irene to Wendy. “Oh,” she said with a scowl, “Did I miss the freak out?”

 

“You did,” Joy said with a sigh. “It was magnificent.” She looked closely at the group and smiled widely. “Hello munchkins, I am Joy.” 

 

“Oh yes let me tell you who these guys are,” Yeri said smiling. “This is Sin B, Yuqi, and YooA! They were scouting clubs and I told them about Glee.” 

 

“You also said that you had some hot la-” 

 

“Okay!” Yeri said, stopping YooA’s statement. “I figured they could hang with us during this prep time to kind of get an idea of what the club is about.” 

 

“Which part? The singing or us meddling in relationships all the time?” Wheein said with a smile. 

 

“You meddle in relationships?” Sin B said with a wicked smile. “My sister is on her way back soon is like perpetually lonely forever, think you guys can help?” 

 

“We are not a matchmaking service,” Irene huffed out. She heard them all clear their throats and then looking at her holding Wendy’s hand with a smile. “I could’ve done just as well on my own!” 

 

The resulting burst of laughter from the entire room was enough to have Irene glare at them all, but having Wendy join in was what created the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter