Beautiful Feeling

Songs We're Singing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

****Double Update! Remember toread the chapter before this one if you havent!****

Beautiful Feeling- Day6

Irene was standing still in Wendy’s very nice looking living room. Everything was so well put together, the room, the lights, even the coat rack looked like it was shipped from Milan. Irene also knew that the voice she heard beckoning her to the kitchen did not belong to her cheer camp coach. 

 

“Wendy!” the voice called out with fake sweetness. “Unless you want me to say the other name, you bring the girl in here NOW.” Irene turned to Wendy with a scared expression, only to be met with an equally frightened one from Wendy. They were both frozen, neither one able to make a move forward. “N-O-W Right now!” That seemed to snap them both out of their daze. They scurried into the room to find Wendy’s other mother closing the oven door. 

 

“Mom,” Wendy began. The woman stilled at the sound of Wendy’s voice. “This is Irene. Irene, This is my Mom.” 

 

As Wendy’s mom began to take off her apron and turn Irene began her greeting. “Hello. Thank you so much for inviting me over. It means so much that- Oh my gosh you are Jessica Jung.” 

 

Before Irene stood someone she never thought she would meet. The woman before her was one of her absolute favorite fashion icons. Someone who took the world by storm when she was a mere teen, Jessica Jung had been a model of how Irene chose to dress since she could pick out her own clothing. Irene felt her nerves shoot to an eleven at the face of one of the people on her list of people she would love to meet. And yet here she was, about to proclaim her love for her daughter, after having made Wendy’s life harder for almost a year. 

 

“Mrs. Jung I apologize profusely for everything that happened last year and forward with Wendy.” Irene suddenly looked straight down at her shoes, intensely rubbing her hands together as she talked. “I am not someone who handles emotions well, especially such strong ones that appeared when I saw your daughter… it wasn’t anything like me wanting to rip her clothes off! I mean I shouldn’t have dumped the milkshake...but I swear to you it was more of a stake of claim, making sure no one would touch her as she was mine. Not mine like mine to own! Like you know when you have a toy that you don’t want to share? Except for not a toy! A girl! A real kind hearted amazing girl who I have fallen for. If you allow me, that is. I- I’m going to stop talking now.” 

 

Irene couldn’t do anything more than keep looking at her shoes as she clasped her shaking hands together. It seemed like she could do nothing right. She awaited an intense remark from Wendy’s Mom or even having Wendy tell her to leave for being such a disaster. 

 

“Irene was it?” Irene was stunned at the kind tone Wendy’s Mom exuded. “Wendy, why are you just standing there! Bring her to sit while I take out the food.” Irene felt Wendy’s gentle grasp on her shoulders leading her to one of the chairs before pulling out for her. Irene sat numbly before feeling Wendy kiss her head. She looked up to Wendy who gave her a dazzling smile and wink before reaching for Irene’s hand under the table when she also sat. “Now, you said something about a milkshake?” 

 

“Oh Mom stop,” Wendy said with an eye roll. “You were the one who told me she probably liked me!” Irene looked between the two slightly confused. Jessica’s traditional cold demeanor was shifted, exuding a kind warmth at the sight of Wendy. 

 

“You could let me keep the act up a bit longer!” 

 

“You had her shaking!” 

 

“That’s true,” Jessica replied with a bright laugh. “So, Irene, you know who I am?” 

 

“Oh, yes.” Irene gave her a shy smile. 

 

“I take it you know Blanc and Eclare?” 

 

Irene nodded once again. “I’ve actually followed your fashion vlog since you started out in your teens.” Irene felt herself blush when Jessica looked at her shocked. “Even more so when you opened your own line. I truly admire your take on fashion.” 

 

Jessica looked stunned. “You like fashion?” Irene gave her a nod. Jessica’s eyes narrowed a bit as she looked to Irene. “Who was featured in Paris’ fashion week?”

 

“Various designers, but you only attended Dior, McQueen, and Chanel’s events.” Irene saw Jessica close her eyes and take a deep breath.

 

“Wendy…” Irene held her breath at Jessica’s pause. “I can’t believe you managed to find a girl that loves fashion AND has great taste in influencers. Honestly, how did a girl with fashion skills like yours get caught up with Wendy and her sweaters?” 

 

“Hey!” Irene and Jessica both laugh at Wendy’s outburst, making Wendy pout. 

 

“I honestly don’t know. She is very charming when you get to know her.” 

 

“I do know her,” Jessica deadpanned. “The girl is walking cheese wheel.” 

 

Irene turned to see Wendy blushing deeply and smiled at her when they locked eyes. “I find that quite adorable.” 

 

“Gross,” Jessica muttered. “Well, I have heard quite a bit about you, honor roll, cheerleading, dance, and I heard you have quite the nickname.” 

 

Irene looked down at the mention of her nickname. “Yeah, I don’t think there is one day that I don’t hear someone shiver and whisper Ice Queen when I walk down the hall.” Irene felt Wendy squeeze her hand trying to comfort her. She gave her a small smile in return. 

 

“Yeah,” Jessica said, getting their eyes back on her. “I am very familiar with that. I use to pick on this girl who basically had the entire school calling me-” 

 

“PRINCESS I’M HOME!” The familiar voice of Coach Kwon rang out into the kitchen. Jessica’s eyes locked onto the girls as she gave them a look conveying her example. “Babe, I know you are the Ice Princess, but do you have to keep it so damn cold in the house?” Coach Kwon walked into the kitchen, seeing Irene for the first time. “Irene! You made it!” Irene muttered a quick hello as she walked Coach Kwon kiss Jessica hello. She heard Wendy’s yuck at the display her parents made. “You can yuck all you want, I am going to do the same when you decide to stick your tongue down Irene’s throat.” 

 

Jessica smacked Coach Kwon at that moment. Irene could feel herself turn bright red at the thought of them doing anything of the sort in front of Wendy’s parents. “Coach Kwon I would never-”

 

“Call me Yuri! And call her Jessica. We are far to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter