Love Sick

Songs We're Singing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Does anyone actually listen to the songs that go with the chapters? I mean I do because I need to write them in. But for fun? The songs are pretty great, and I totally recommend it so you can grab the feeling of the song and chapter. Super side note, this was my favorite song up until 2016.)

Love Sick- TTS

Irene was standing in the most uncomfortable atmosphere she has felt in her young life. She was next to her girlfriend’s parents, who apparently knew her sister, who also seemed to know this person that had an entire party dedicated to her return. She’d run home if she hadn’t agreed to let them host a party at it. The most she could do is stare at the four adults who were all staring at each other like they had a lot to discuss. 

 

“I’m so glad you came! You don’t know how much I missed you! All of you! It's been a long time,” the woman, Tiffany as her sister called her, said with a nervous smile. Irene could tell her sister was staring to see if Tiffany would disappear if she blinked enough times. “And Yul and Jessie! I can’t even begin to wonder how you all got back together again.”

 

Everyone exchanges looks of awkwardness at Tiffany’s remarks before Taeyeon finally snapped out of her haze. “I-I can’t do this right now.” And off she went. No one had a chance to protest before Taeyeon scurried off to where her only two friends at the whole party were. Irene turned to look at the other three adults, Yuri and Jessica who both let out a long sigh and Tiffany who had a lot of hurt behind her very pretty eyes. 

 

“I take it she didn’t know?” Tiffany asked with clear sadness. 

 

“She didn’t,” Irene said with little emotion in her voice. That caught the attention of the group, all turning their heads back over to her. “How do you all know my sister?” Her voice was slightly on edge, wondering exactly why these three people seem to cause her sister so much anguish. 

 

“We…” Jessica began, “Have a complicated history.” 

 

“And it’s not something we have really talked about with her…” Yuri trailed off. They both looked over to Tiffany, her eyes filled with curiosity as she stared at Irene. 

 

“You are Ms. Bae’s child? The woman Tae’s dad was dating when she was in high school?” Irene gave her a reluctant nod. “You wouldn’t remember me then, you were probably around four when I left abroad.” Irene was slightly stunned at the thought of her knowing Tiffany before today. She looked at Tiffany’s face, trying hard to place any sort of vague memory of her in her mind and came up with nothing. 

 

It was in this examination that she saw Tiffany’s expression harden as she spotted something over Irene’s shoulder. Everyone noticed it as they all turned to see just what it is. Irene saw her sister, wrapped around Yoona who was trying to coax answers from her. Yoona had her in a tight hold, petting Taeyeon’s head in comfort. Irene peaked back at Tiffany, whose expression remained tight and hard as if trying to mentally separate the two. 

 

“You’re kidding,” Jessica said in disbelief, “You are something else Tiffany.” Everyone snapped back to look at Jessica roll her eyes and scoff. Yuri and Tiffany both were looking at her like she was starting a fire. “Oh, do not give me that look both of you,” she continued annoyed. “We are lucky she hasn’t kicked this entire party out, we all know she just about hates everyone here.” 

 

Before Wendy or Irene could even ask what Jessica meant, Tiffany grabbed onto them and dragged them towards the other girls who were now surrounding her sister. Irene turned to look at her girlfriend with a tired expression. “I really don't want to deal with that.” Irene gave a deep sigh as she shut her eyes and rubbed her temples. The sound of former club members singing, people talking, and overall loud sounds that were surrounding her. 

 

In a split second, she felt warmth encase her hands, moving them from her head down in order to hold them properly. She opened her eyes and was met with Wendy’s concerned eyes. “I’m sure they can handle themselves, they are adults… what I wanted to do was say hello first.” Irene was about to remind her about the hello she received when Wendy had arrived but was cut off by a sweet kiss. It was appropriate for their current setting but still received an ew from their approaching friends. 

 

They broke apart and saw Joy, Yeri, Seulgi around them. “You know, I still can’t get used to that,” Seulgi said with a look of disgust. 

 

“Me either,” Yeri said, sticking her tongue out. Wendy rolled her eyes and moved to stand beside Irene, letting go of one of her hands, and locking the other one together. 

 

“I can’t get used to Wendy making all my y suggestions so damn cute,” Joy said with a huff. 

 

“Be thankful I let you near my closet at all Joy,” Wendy replied with a pointed look. Joy returned it with an evil twinkle in her eye. This sparked Irene’s interest because the twinkle seemed to have ignited a slightly nervous break to Wendy’s tough facade. 

 

“Right, you said that the only reason why you let me change it up was so that Ire-”

 

“OKAY!” Wendy said cutting Joy off. “Look! A crowd!” 

 

Irene pouted at Wendy’s effective distraction, really seeing a crowd forming where the built-in stage was. They made their way over to Solar and Moonbyul who were both drinking soda as the crowd grew more rambunctious. They noticed the girls approaching and made room for them as well. 

 

“Crazy that you have this whole stage area set up Irene,” Solar commented. Irene could tell that her eyes were still trained at the shouts and laughs had by the adults towards the front. “The adults have decided to take over for us so we could enjoy the party and eat some food.” 

 

It seemed like most of the teens were now around the various food trays that were set up around the yard, letting the adults congregate more around the stage. Irene recognized her sister standing silently to the side with Yoona and her other friend Sunny, who was also Sunmi’s older sister. The rest of the people their age surrounded them like bees, swarming around them like they were the hive. 

 

“Attention.” Irene turned to see someone standing on the stage, Seohyun stood before the party with an excited expression on her face. “Hello everyone, I don’t know if you remember but I am Seohyun.” The adults cheered at the sound of her name causing her to laugh. “Thank you, thank you! Now as you know, most of us are here to celebrate the return of the infamous Tiffany Hwang!” More cheers erupted as Tiffany gave everyone a spinning hello. “Okay calm down! You may also notice that we now have the entire winning glee club team back together again!” The crowd cheered loudly at that statement. 

 

Irene turned to look at her sister again, her face stoic and calm, letting nothing give away any feeling she may be having. It wasn’t news to Irene that Taeyeon was in glee club, she saw the trophies in the choir room from when her sister was a member, what she didn’t know was just how much that time seemed to have affected her. The look that Taeyeon was sporting reminded Irene a little too much of her own classic look at school. The one she wore constantly in the past, especially when the thought of Wendy was too much for her to handle. The stoic stare was the perfect place to let her inner emotions run rampant inside her, and she had a feeling her sister was no different. 

 

“Now I think what we are surprised about more than anything is that, not only is our cheerful Tiffany back, but our fearless leader has finally emerged from the shadows and joined us tonight as well! I think I speak for everyone here when I say it has been far too long since we have heard her sing us anything! So I’m sure if you cheer loud enough, she may be able to grace us with one of those wonderful ballads she always had in her back pocket!” The crowd went berserk, and Irene could tell that all the current glee club members, herself included, were itching to see just who was the leader of the most successful glee club class to date. It was the chanting of the adult members that unveiled the former leader. The teens all looked at each other flabbergasted, the loud chants finally causing this person to get pushed onto the stage with a nervous chuckle. 

 

Before the crowd stood Taeyeon Kim, Advisor Kim to most of the teams at the party, more nervous than anyone had seen her for a long time. “Hey,” she said with a shaky voice. “It has been a while hasn’t it?” A loud ‘yes’ sprouted from the crowd shocking Irene’s sister. “Uhm, this one is a special one, a song that I kept in my metaphorical back pocket since Regionals Senior Year…” Irene saw her sister take a deep breath as silence took over the crowd as she sat at the keyboard. 

 

The delicate sounds sprouted out as Irene saw her sister enter a whole other world. “It was the first time feeling like this, my entire heart has been taken from me.” 

 

“Oh wow,” Irene heard Wendy and some others say. “Advisor Kim’s voice is beautiful.” 

 

“In front of you, I became ice, I ruined it all with good-for-nothing words. You might have thought that I was such a fool, why did you make me like this?” Irene saw Taeyeon open her eyes and it seemed like a different person now sat at that piano. “Give it back to me, my heart that you secretly stole. You came inside without permission, without warning. Why did you shake me up?” 

 

“Did you know she could sing like that?” Irene heard Wendy whisper in her ear. Irene shook her head and closed her eyes as she let her sister’s song resonate inside her. It seemed like Taeyeon was ripping herself open for the whole world to see. Ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter