Chapter 8

Falling for Miss Kim

Eunha POV:

It was a Thursday afternoon and school just ended. Since I had some time on my hands I decided to head to the library with Yerin Unnie to work on an assignment. Sinb has Judo practice, Yuju has singing lessons and Umji has a student council meeting so it was just me and Yerin Unnie. This week has been going as normal. The only thing I would say that is a little out of the ordinary would be that me and miss Kim have a little bit of tension around us. She still treats me like any other student and is professional but I can’t help but feel some tension around her, I don’t know if it’s an awkward tension or something else but it’s definitely there. It might have something to do with me spending the night at her house, we have gotten a bit closer but nothing much has changed.

“Eunha-ya” Yerin Unnie called me snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Yes, Unnie?”

“Are you going to join the school trip to Paris this year?”

“I haven’t really thought about it”

“You should join, it’ll be fun”

“Maybe, are you and Sinb going?”

“Yep, Umji and Yuju are coming too”

“Fine I’ll come, when is the school trip happening anyways?”

“In a few months, you better sign up quickly if you want a spot on the trip”

“Don’t worry I will”

We both carried on with our work until Yerin Unnie had to go pick up Sinb from practice, while I stayed in the library to carry on with my assignment. A few hours had passed and now it was raining outside and the sun had started to set. ‘Oops, I lost track of time. Oh well, at least I brought my umbrella today’. I made my way out of the library and towards the bus stop with my coat wrapped around me and my umbrella in hand. On my way to the bus stop I saw someone having a little bit of trouble.

‘Well it looks like it’s my turn to return the favor’

--

Sowon POV:

I’m having the worst day today. I woke up late, and my car wasn’t working so I had to take the bus. It’s a wonder that I made it to school on time. I sighed while relaxing in my chair. The last lesson has just ended but I still had some work to do before I could go home. I was looking through all of the recent tests and I saw who had the lowest marks. Surprisingly it was Eunbi’s. Her grades were very low in History, which was odd because when I checked her grades from last year she did quite well. However she did seem very distracted in the lessons, possibly a bit of an airhead. ‘How am I going to help her raise her grade, maybe I could give her private lessons that might help her’. I carried on looking through my students work while the hours passed by.

It was now 6:30 and I have just finished my work. I started to pack up my things and got ready to leave but of course the universe was against me, it was raining outside, and to make matters worse because I was rushing this morning I forgot my umbrella. ‘Great! Could this day get any better?!’. Not having any other option I put my bag over my head and made a run for it to the bus stop. However when I was on my way there a car drove past me at a high speed, running over a puddle which got me soaked.

“Arrgghh! Seriously!!” I stomped my feet on the ground with my hands bawled into fists while cursing at the universe. Suddenly I felt something being wrapped around me and the rain was no longer falling on my head. I looked down to find a little pink rabbit smiling while looking up at me with concern and sincerity in her eyes.

“Are you ok miss Kim?”

“Yes I’m ok Eunbi-ssi, is this your coat by the way?” I said pertaining to the coat that was wrapped around me.

“Yes, you could use”

“Are you sure? I might get it wet”

“You need it more than I do, besides I wouldn’t want you to catch a cold” I blushed at her caring words and avoided eye contact.

“So miss Kim, where were you headed to?”

“The bus stop”

“Really, I was going there too, lets walk together” Said Eunbi with glee in her voice.

We both made our way to the bus stop side by side in silence. I must say I am rather fond of this little rabbit but she is quite short. The umbrella was touching my head and I could barely see because it was in the way.

“Here let me hold it” I offered.

“It’s fine I’ve got it”

“Eunbi-ssi, don’t take this the wrong way but you’re a little short”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!” She said with a pout on her lips.

“Nothing!” I said with my hands up in surrender while she turned her head the other way still with an adorable pout on her lips.

“Fine, let me rephrase that, I’m too tall so can I please hold the umbrella” I did my best puppy eyes hoping I could persuade her.

“Fine here” She handed me the umbrella while avoiding my gaze. I swear I could see a little blush on here cheeks, it must be my imagination. We were now at the bus stop and were waiting for the bus to arrive.

“So miss Kim, why are you taking the bus today? I thought you had a car”

“Well my car wasn’t working this morning so I have to take the bus”

We carried on waiting for the bus with some small talk now and then. Once it arrived we both got on, however the bus was very full and all the seats were taken so we had to stand. I noticed some guys looking at Eunbi and I felt some anger in me. ‘God, why does she have to be too cute for her own good, but whatever happens I’m going to keep her safe’. I pulled her closer to me and wrapped one of my arms around her. I glared at the men and they averted their gaze on her. I looked down at her and she was looking up at me with her face all flustered, she just looked so cute I nearly had a heart attack. We both continued to stand there in silence with my arm wrapped around her and with her clinging onto my shirt.

“This is my stop” She muttered while she let go of my shirt and began to walk off the bus.

“Wait! Let me come with you”

“Huh? Are you sure?”

“It’s already getting dark, I don’t want you to get into any trouble” I said while we started to walk to her house. The rain already stopped so we just walked side by side.

“If you say so Foxy”

“Foxy?” I asked with blood rushing to my cheeks.

“What? You keep calling me little rabbit so I only thought it was fair that I also got to give you a nickname”

“Fair enough little rabbit, but you can only call me that when we are alone”

“Ooooh, so are we going to be alone more often?”

“Maybe”

“Wait!? What do you mean!” She yelled while her cheeks started to go scarlet red.

“I’ve been meaning to speak to you about your grades Eunbi-ssi, they are the lowest of the class and I was wondering if I might need to privately tutor you”

“You can’t be serious! my grade isn't that bad!”

“In the last test we did you got 20 out of 100 while everyone else got at least over 50, so I think you really might need me to tutor you unless you want to fail history”

“Arrghh, fine!” She huffed. “When are these tutoring sessions anyway?”

“I was thinking on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school, is that ok with you?”

“Yeah, I guess”

“Hey cheer up, it won’t be that bad” I said while nudging her shoulder.

“Fineeeee” She whined then formed a pout on her lips. ‘Dammit! Why is she so adorable!!’

“Well this is my house” I nodded my head at her and then gave her jacket back to her.

“Are you sure you don’t want it?”

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine” I assured while ruffling her pink hair. She whined at me again then made her way to her house.

“See you tomorrow Foxy” She waved at me then went inside her house.

“Good night little rabbit” I whispered making my way back to the bus stop. ‘Well I guess this day wasn’t so bad after all’ I thought with a smile forming on my lips.