Chapter 13

Falling for Miss Kim

Sowon POV:

“Ok so you all have to finish the assignment and hand it in next Friday, that’s all enjoy your weekend”

It was now Friday afternoon and I just dismissed the last class of the day, the class which Eunbi was supposed to attend. Ever since she came to me asking to change classes she has been avoiding me even more. Before she had at least turned up to the lessons but now she was starting to slack off, I’ve been trying to find her but I can’t find her anywhere it’s like she suddenly disappeared. I want to make it right between us, I’ve put her in this misery and I’m going to get her out of it. I won’t give up on her, her grades are important and well I can’t deny it any more but I love her. I love the way she blushes when I get too close to her, her innocent beauty and her delicate smile, the little sparkle in her eyes when she has a sense of joy, her soft pink hair and her subtle scent of vanilla, the way she can be snarky but kind. She’s my little rabbit and she deserves the world, I’ll try my best to make her happy again and I’m not giving up on her, I will make it right between us.

RUMMMBBLE!

My thoughts were interrupted by the rumbling thunder. It seems to be raining pretty badly, well at least my car is fixed. Enough dwelling about Eunbi, it’s the weekend and so there’s nothing I can do about our situation at the moment. I gathered my things and made my way to my car. I don’t feel like going home yet, I think I’ll go some where else instead. I started the engine and made my way to the destination.
--

Eunha POV:

It’s now Friday afternoon and I’m sitting at the back of the school behind the building. This is where I came last time when I skipped miss Kim’s lesson. I was hoping that the last time I saw her she would be able to transfer me to a different class, but sadly that wasn’t possible. I feel a bit bad for trying to avoid her so much but it’s just so difficult to face her. I just want to forget about her but I know that’s not what my heart wants.

I looked up and realized that it has started to get cloudy, it might rain soon. There’s no point in staying here, I already skipped the last lesson of the day so I might as well make my way home. I grabbed my bag and made my way to the bus stop.
--

I just got off the bus and made my way towards my house. It just started to rain, it looks like it might get heavier, but luckily I brought my umbrella. The rain reminds me of that day that I walked miss Kim to the bus stop. I wanted to help her out but she is quite stubborn and is very generous that she ended up walking home in the end. She seems to be very protective and I like that about her. I feel a sense of security when I’m around her. I still have feelings for her and I’m not sure if I’ll get over them, I probably will eventually but it still hurts. I sighed while I continued to think about the situation between me and her. 

I’m now in front of my house and made my way inside. The place seemed a bit messy and there was a photo frame that was smashed, there was also one of my father’s shirts on the ground and two wine glasses on the kitchen counter. ‘That’s weird, who would do this? Did the place get robbed or something?’. Suddenly I heard some noises and some voices upstairs which belonged to my dad and a woman. ‘That’s odd, I swear mum left earlier, why would another woman be in the house?’ I quietly made my way upstairs, hoping that what I was thinking was wrong. I looked through the crack in the door and into my parents bedroom, what I saw made me furious. There in the bedroom was my father kissing another woman, there hands all over each other. He was cheating on my mother. 

I felt sick to my stomach, I felt so betrayed like my world was just crumbling down. I wanted to look away but I was frozen to my spot. ‘Why is this happening to me? What have I done to deserve this? How could he do this to our family? Does dad not love mum?’ questions were flashing through my mind as tears began to stream down my face.

“Wait! Don’t you have a daughter? What if she see’s us?”

“Don’t worry about it babe, she’s having a sleep over with one of her friends”. 

‘So that’s why he wanted me to have a sleep over with Yerin! so that he could sleep with his mistress’ I forgot to ask Yerin about the sleep over and quite frankly I didn’t really feel like it. Gathering up my courage I managed to turn away and made my way down stairs and out of the house. 

I ran in the rain while my clothes got soaked but in that moment I just didn’t care. I just wanted all of my worries to go away, I just wanted to run away and leave everything behind. So I ran. I ran until my feet got sore and my hands felt numb from the icy cold rain. I ran to forget about everything.

Now I found myself standing in front of a lake, not being able to run anymore I broke down. I cried until my throat felt sore, and my heart was void of emotions. I found myself wanting to scream at the universe for making life so unfair, but this is the cruel world that we live in. People will hurt you and that’s just the way it is. But I still have some good people in my life, my loyal friends who are there for me whenever I need them and my loving mother, still I’m starting to lose faith.

“Eunbi?! What are you doing out here, you’re going to get a cold!” I turned my head towards the voice and there stood the person that I least wanted to see, but at the same time I missed her so much. 

“Miss Kim”

“Why are you crying? what happened” She said in a delicate voice, afraid that if she raised her tone even higher that I would break down. I wanted to feel a sense of security, I wanted to be in her arms so I hugged her and she hugged me back. There we both stood, in each other’s arms, warm with the embrace, with the cold world surrounding us.