Chapter 17

Falling for Miss Kim

Eunha POV:

I saw my father’s face drop as he went pale.

“W-what do you mean honey? She is just someone I work with”, He answered with a wary smile.

“Don’t play dumb with me. Don’t you think I haven’t noticed how distant you have been lately. Tell me, who is she?”

“Please honey let’s not argue, especially in front of our daughter.”

I began to feel tears run down my cheeks as my emotions were mixed. I felt sad and betrayed but mostly I felt furious and I wanted nothing to do with him, therefore I couldn’t stop the next words from leaving my mouth. 

“Go on dad, tell her who she is”, I said through my gritted teeth. I just couldn’t help myself. The memories of what happened on Friday flooded my mind and I lost control of my emotions.

“What are you talking about Eunbi?”, my father asked with a hint of fear in his eyes. 

“Don’t play dumb tell her what you did!” 

“Eunbi stop it-“

“Fine I'll tell her! This Friday I saw you sleeping with another woman!”, tears continued to stream down my cheeks as my mother looked at me, shocked and frozen and there was now more fear in my father’s eyes.

“Is this true?”, She muttered in a stone cold voice. She turned around and looked at my father as she too now had tears in her eyes. My father stood there speechless and I felt my whole world crashing down. 

“I said is this true. Answer me you bastard!”, She slapped him in the face and began to punch him in the chest as he just stood there emotionless.

“Yes”, He whispered still with an expressionless face.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME! TO US! TO YOUR OWN FAMILY!”, My mother yelled as she continued to punch his chest. She continued to scream at my father while I stood there and watched too distraught to move. 

“I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU RIGHT NOW! LEAVE!”, She started to push him towards the door and my father didn’t fight back, he looked at me with guilt in his eyes but no matter how much guilt he felt I will never forgive him. 

He left the house and now it was just me and my mother standing there. My mum was crouched down hugging her knees sobbing and weeping. I haven’t seen her cry this much before and it only made me realise that she is only human. The woman that raised me and made me look up to her is not invincible, and it’s ok for her to cry sometimes, it’s ok to be weak sometime. I walked towards her and crouched down next to her, pulling her into my arms. We both sat there crying our eyes out, letting our walls down, hoping that this misery will end and that we will get over what my father has done to us.

--

It has been a couple hours since the incident. After a while of my mum and I crying I helped her to her bedroom and she fell asleep. I don’t blame her, she must be exhausted from all the crying. I was now laying on my bed listening to the rain hitting the window, as the thunder mirrored my miserable feelings. I don’t know when my father is going to come back or where he is but I don’t care, he is most likely with his mistress. It’s only my mother and I now. I have to be strong, for the both of us.Although I have to be strong I longed for some comfort. I wished this was all a nightmare that I would wake up and everything would be back to the way it was, but sadly this is my reality.

My phone started to ring and it broke my train of thoughts. I didn’t feel like talking to anyone and planned to ignore it, but I had a nagging feeling at the back of my head so I decided to pick it up. It was Sojung unnie, I smiled at the thought of talking to her and hearing her tranquil voice. I pressed answer and my expectations were met as I was greeted by her gentle words. 

“Hello Eunbi-ah. Are you doing ok”, she asked with a hint of concern.

“T-to be honest, not really. M-my mother found out what my father did.” I replied with melancholy in my voice. 

“Oh, Eunbi.” 

“I-I just don’t know what to do. How am I supposed to help my mother. How do I stay strong for the both of us” I was feeling very conflicted and vulnerable. I really just wanted a hug right now. Luckily it seems like the universe was granting me at least one wish today. I heard a tap on my window and looked up to see Sojung unnie sitting on a branch outside of my window. She looked at me with a sad smile, but I found myself lucky that I had her in my life. I quickly went over to the window to let her in, although I was happy to see her she was a bit wet and I was worried about her health.

“Yah, what were you doing outside my window. You could have fell and hurt your self.” I whispered. She ignored what I said and took her rain coat off, she then pulled me into a tight hug. I let myself be engulfed by her warmth as that was what I desired, what I needed at the moment.

“I’m sorry. I was worried about you and I wanted to see you.”

“Thanks, I really needed this.” I mumbled, letting a sob escape my lips. I clutched onto her as I let my guard down and let out all my emotions. I cried and cried as she held me in her arms keeping me secure. I don’t know when we made it to my bed but we ended up laying down with me still in her arms, with me clutching onto her like she was my life support. As time ticked by and I continued to weep I eventually felt my eye lids get heavier. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep with her by my side. 
 

---------

A/N: Well here is a shortish update. I just wanted to say a happy anniversary to TFTMN. It's already been two years since this master piece has been released and it's still a legend. Anyway I'll try and update more frequently and I hope you are all doing ok during these tough times. (*≧ω≦*)