Chapter 18

Falling for Miss Kim

Sowon POV:

There was a light breeze from outside as the sunlight shone through the curtains, a little rabbit was sleeping next to me. Her breath was tickling my neck while her hands were clenched in a fist, holding onto my shirt. She looked so adorable right now I swear I was about to combust. I traced circles on her back as she continued to sleep in my arms. I glazed my eyes over her features, looking at her delicate little nose, and her soft cheeks. Sadly there were some tear streaks on her cheeks as she had been crying last night. I tightened my embrace around her and pulled her closer. 

I was anxious of leaving her last night and uneasy of the situation. I didn’t know what was going to happen, but I knew it wasn’t going to be pretty. Sadly there isn’t anything I could have done. If Eunbi’s mother didn’t know about what he had done it would have only brought more sorrow to the family. This situation had to happen, it’s the only way that they could move forward as a family and for them to get that man out of their life. It would have only hurt more if Eunbi continued to lie and deny what she saw. None of them deserves that, they don’t need that man. I shouldn’t really interfere, the most that I could do for her right now is hold her tight and stay by her side. 

Her nose started to wriggle as she let go of my shirt and started to rub her eyes with her hands. I smiled softly at her actions and leaned down to kiss her nose, startling her awake. 

“G-good morning Sojung unnie”, she said with a light blush on her cheeks.

“Good morning little rabbit, did you sleep well?”, She nodded as a reply and then snuggled into my side as I wrapped my arms around her. 

“Yeah I did unnie, but I could use five more minutes”

“Is that so?” I replied as I snuck my hand under her shirt to trace some more patterns on her back. She seemed to be shy at my actions as she hid her face in my chest. 

“Unnie~”, She whined against my chest making me chuckle. 

“What? Do you want me to stop?”, I whispered near her ear as it turned red. 

Suddenly she rolled me over and straddled me pinning my hands to the bed, the action making me blush instead. ‘Damn this little rabbit, I didn’t know she could be so bold’.

“What’s wrong foxy? Not as sly as you thought you were?”

‘Oh my little rabbit, you’re messing with the wrong fox.’

I quickly pushed her off of me and straddled her instead, turning the tables as she was the one blushing now.

“What’s wrong Eunbi? Fox got your tongue?”. I grinned as she turned her face away with a pout on her lips, a pout that I just wanted to kiss away. I was just about to lean down and capture her lips when my phone ringing interrupted me from my actions. 

“Hello?”

“Hey Sojung, it’s Jin. I was wondering if we could meet up later, there’s something I need to discuss with you.”

“Sure. Does six o’clock sound ok?”

“yeah that’s fine. See you then at your place.” 

I hung up the phone and looked down at nbi who still had a pout on her lips.

“Who was that?”

“Just my brother, he just said he wanted to discuss something with me.”

“Anyway shall we go back to what we were doing?” She asked with persistence in her voice. 

“And what was that” I asked as my face got closer to hers trying to . 

“Oh, just shut up and give me a good morning kiss” 

“As you wish little rabbit.”

I leaned down and captured her lips in tender kiss. I felt her wrap her arms around my neck trying to pull me closer and deepen the kiss. But I stopped her before things got too heated. She whined at me while the pout on her lips returned.

“I’m sorry to cut this short but I should really get going. Your mum is still in the house and I have some work to do.” 

“Yeah you’re right. I’ve kept you here long enough” She huffed as I got off of her and grabbed my coat. 

“Are you going the same way you came in? Don’t you want to go through the front door?” 

“And have to face your mother? I’ll wait until the parents evening.” I smirked as she rolled her eyes at my words. 

“Very well but be careful, I would like it if my girlfriend has both of her legs.” I went over and hugged her goodbye, kissing her on the forehead as I made my way towards the window. She gave me a small smile as I gave her one back before I made my way out the window and down the tree. Although I love her a lot and I just want to protect her she needs to be with her mother right now, so I made my way towards my car and headed home.

----

Eunha POV:

Sojung unnie just left and now I was in my room lying on my bed, all alone. I miss her warmth and breathtaking smile, it was nice to be able to wake up next to her. I was thankful of the fact that she was always there for me, staying by my side and holding me securely. I liked the fact that she could distract me from reality, it felt like a dream when I was with her, one I don’t want to wake up from. 

I sighed as I sat up on my bed and decided to make my way to my mother’s room. Although she must be distraught from the events last night, I wanted to go and check on her and see if she is ok. Although she is my mother she is only human, and she also needs a shoulder to cry on. 

I was now standing outside of her bedroom door with my hand on the doorknob. Taking a deep breath I entered the room to find my mum asleep in her bed. She was wrapped around a blanket and she looked so vulnerable, so pale. No matter what happens between my mum and my dad I promise to always stay by my mother’s side. She was the one who fed me when I was young, who put a plaster on my knee when I feel off my bike and cut myself, the one who woke me up in the mornings so that I wouldn’t be late for school and so that I would have a bright future. 

“Eunbi-ah”, She whispered in a husky voice.

“Mum”, I whispered back, making my way towards the bed and laid next to her. 

“How are you feeling? Are you feeling better.” 

“Yes, Eunbi. I’m ok now, I just needed to cry it all out. I’m sorry that you had to see me like that.”

“It’s ok mum you don’t have to apologies. It’s ok to be weak sometimes.”

She pulled me into a hug as we both laid there in silence, the only sound being the gentle gust of the wind and the occasional chirp of the birds. 

“You know Eunbi about your father, I had my suspicions that your father was having an affair but I wasn’t certain. I didn’t want to accuse him with out any proof, but sadly I was correct. Either way It doesn’t matter now, what’s done is done. I’m going to divorce him. But I promise you we will get through this, everything is going to be ok, alright?.” 

I nodded my head at her words as we fell into silence again. She’s right, everything will be ok. I still have a lot of important people in my life that care about me, there’s no point thinking about what my father has done. What’s done is done, I need to move on.