Chapter 12

Falling for Miss Kim

Eunha POV:

Beep! Beep! Beep!

“Eugghh, do I have to go to school?”

It was now Monday morning and I was very reluctant about getting out of bed and going to school. I was never too fond of going to school, and now with the whole issue concerning miss Kim I was even more unwilling to go. It has been about two weeks since the fight we had and we have both been avoiding each other like the plague. I stopped going to the tutoring sessions and she didn’t question me about it, it’s like we are strangers now and I’m not sure if I’m happy about it or not. It’s going to take me a while to get over her, I don’t know what kind of game she was playing at but I don’t want to love her, I’ll only end up getting hurt in the end. But whether I love her or not that’s up to my heart to decide. 

I exhaled a breath of air and then decided to get ready for school, whether I like it or not my education is important for me, I’ll just have to up my emotions and deal with it. I washed my face and got dressed, then I made my way downstairs to have breakfast with my mum and dad.

“Here Eunbi, have some toast”

“Thanks mum” I replied while I took a bite out of the toast.

“So darling when are you going out of town to see your mother?” My dad asked to my mum while she took a seat next to me.

“I’ll be gone on Friday morning, I want to get there as soon as possible to make sure that she’s ok” Grandma’s been a bit sick lately and we’ve all been a bit worried.

“Don’t worry dear she’ll be ok, I’m sure you’ll take extra good care of her” He said while shooting her a loving gaze. I made a throwing up motion and they giggled at me.

“Since you and Eunbi will have the weekend to yourselves why don’t you two do something fun, maybe go to the movies or something”

“Sorry I can’t, I promised the boys that I will help out with something” Replied my dad, he seemed a bit suspicious but I let it slide.

“Hey Eunbi, why don’t you have a sleepover with your friends? I think it will be fun”

“Sure I guess, I’ll ask Yerin unnie”

“Cool, you better hurry up kiddo or you are going to be late for school”

“Ok, bye mum and dad, I’ll see you later” I kissed my mum and dad on the cheek before making my way out of the front door and towards the bus stop.
--
“Hey there Umji-ah, are you heading to lesson?” I greated Umji who was struggling with a box she was carrying.

“Hi Eunha unnie, I was just about to drop this off at the student council room” She said referring to the big box.

“Oh here let me help you with that, I’ll come with you”

“Thanks unnie” She said while giving me a grateful smile.

“Well look at that, two smols carrying something twice their size” Sinb said with an annoying grin on her face.

“Oh shut up Sinb-ah, it’s not our fault that we were born with small bodies and it’s not our fault that you were born with an annoying face”

“Hey you take that back!” 

“Nope” I turned my face the other way while also secretly taking a glance at Sinb’s pouting face. ‘that kid, seriously’.

“Any way, we are heading to the student council room, would you be so kind and help us~” I gave her my puppy while she grumbled a fine and helped us take it to the room.

“Feww, thanks guys” Umji said wiping her forehead.

“Well I gotta head to class see you two later” Sinb said her goodbye and dismissed herself.

“Hey Umji-ah, can I ask you a favour?”

“It depends what the favour is” She said while locking the door as we made our way to our lessons.

“Well you see I was wondering if you could help tutoring me in history?”

“Why? Are your grades that bad? Besides I thought miss Kim was tutoring you.”

“Well you see she is busy and our schedules don’t add up, and since your grades are so high I was wondering if you could help me, pleeeaassee~”

“Fine I’ll help tutor you, please don’t whine at me”

“Yay” I made a victory fist bump in the air as we made our way to lesson.
--

Sowon POV:

“Ok you’re all dismissed”

Everyone left to go for lunch while I made my way towards my desk. I usually eat lunch in my classroom, I don’t go to the cafeteria or to the teachers lounge very often. These past two weeks have been going pretty average the only difference being that me and Eunbi have been basically avoiding each other. She stopped coming to the tutoring sessions but I don’t blame her, still her grade isn’t improving and I can’t transfer her to another classroom since the other classes are already full. I’ve basically hit a dead end with the relationship that I have with her and I don’t know how to fix it. I’m trying to keep it professional but I can tell that she isn’t paying attention in class, I don’t know if I’m the problem or she just simply has a low attention span.

Knock, Knock!

I snapped out of my daydream as someone knocked on the door.

“Come in”

“Oh eunbi-ssi! What brings you here?”

“Hello miss Kim, I was just wondering if I could have a word with you?”

“Of course, please take a seat...so how can I help you”, I wonder why she is here, it’s very sudden for her to show up like this.

“Well you see I came here to discuss my grade with you, I know it’s not improving and no offence but I don’t feel comfortable with continuing the tutoring sessions with you. I was wondering if you could transfer me into another class”

“I understand your concern but I’m afraid that’s not possible, All of the classes are already full” She took a deep breath and I could see some frustration in her eyes. I also don’t like how formal she is being, ‘what am I thinking, I have no right to be casual with her’.

“Is there really nothing you can do?”

“I’m afraid not, I’m sorry”

“Very well, I’ll take my leave then” She nodded her head towards me while giving me a cold look and got up to leave.

“Wait! Eunbi-ssi!”

“Yes, what is it” She stopped in her tracks and directed her icy gaze back towards me.

“Look I’m sorry what happened between us, I really am but I hate the bad blood that we have between each other, can we please just put it to rest”

“Isn’t that what we are already doing, you're my teacher and I’m your student, our relationship is strictly professional now”

“But-“

“I have to get going I don’t want to be late for class” 

She made her way out of the room while I just stood there with my arm reached out towards her. What am I doing, I guess I must have really hurt her, I could see some despair in her eyes. I’m getting kind of sick and tired of this, I can feel that my feelings are growing bigger towards her and I don’t know how much longer I can hold back. 

‘You know what, the law’