Chapter 14

Falling for Miss Kim

Eunha POV:

I don’t know how long we stood there with our arms around each other, but it was the security that I needed, that I longed for. I didn’t care what happened between us, in this moment I just needed her there beside me.  

“We should get going, if we stay here any longer we both might catch a cold” I just nodded my head at her words as she grabbed my hand then we walked to her car. We sat in the car in silence for a few minutes, only the sound of the rain battering against the roof of the car. I was honestly too exhausted to break the silence, I hoped that this was all just a nightmare and that everything would be fine when I woke up.

“So what happened? You seemed very upset, do you want to talk about it?” She broke the silence with her soft voice and she had some concern in her eyes. I shook my head at her words, not trusting my voice. 

“Very well, do you want me to drive you home?”

“No, I don’t want to go home” I said, sounding more vulnerable then I would have liked.

“Did something happen at your home? Is that why your upset?”, she asked as I nodded again at her.

“I understand. I won’t push the subject any further, do you want to come to my house instead? It’s not like you haven’t been there before”. I was hesitant of her offer. I didn’t know whether I should trust her or not, things weren’t exactly going great between us. Nonetheless I think I should give her a second chance, she seemed to have changed and honestly I felt like I could rely on her, she made me feel safe. I agreed with her then she started the engine and she drove us to her home. The car ride was silent, it wasn’t awkward but it was actually a comfortable silence. I leaned back against the head rest, as I felt my eyelids get heavier and I eventually fell asleep.
--

“Hey wake up, we have arrived” I was awoken by an angelic voice and a gentle touch on my shoulder. I yawned and she gave me an adoring look which made me blush.

“Come on, let’s go upstairs” We made our way up to her apartment, and I found myself taking little glances at her from time to time. This is one of the moments that I’m happy that she distracts me. My thoughts were all about her and I found myself forgetting about what happened earlier. I’ll worry about what happened later. I’m exhausted and I just want to rest, it’s been a rough week. We were now in front of her door, she unlocked it and we were greeted by Meonji’s cute little face and wagging tail. 

“Hello Meonji-ah! Have you been a good boy?” Miss Kim said in a playful voice as we both walked inside. The interaction was adorable. She turned her attention back towards me as she eyed me up and down.

“I think you should have a warm shower. Your soaking wet and you might get sick, I’ll lend you some spare clothes” 

“What about you?” 

“You can go first, you were in the rain a lot longer than I was”

“O-k” I stuttered, I was starting to blush a little. I mean this isn’t the first time I was at her house but showering here seemed a bit too…intimate. 

She showed me the way to the bathroom and gave me some spare clothes. I began to get undressed as I went inside the shower. While showering my thoughts were surrounded by the situation I was in and about what just happened in the last few hours. I didn’t want to think about the incident involving my father, although I felt furious and a massive sense of betrayal I just wanted to let go of all my worries tonight. 

Instead I decided to think about the situation surrounding me and miss Kim. Although she hurt my feelings I feel like I want to forgive her. I can see her point of view and why she was so afraid of how close we have gotten. Dating a student can not only get her fired but she could also go to prison in the worst case scenario. I guess the chance of us dating is only a fantasy, however I could feel that something felt different tonight. I don’t know if it’s because of my vulnerable situation or the fact that I’m not knocked out like last time but I feel like tonight something is different. 

Suddenly the reality of this situation hit me. ‘I’m in my teachers apartment, just the two of us, I’m in her shower … WTF is happening!! I must say thought the scent of her soap smells so good, it smells just like her’ I internally screamed at my thoughts and tried to gather myself together. 

‘Nothing is going to happen Eunbi, stop being ridiculous and pull yourself together’. I shook my head as I finished my shower, and then put on the spare clothes and made my way out of the bathroom.

“Are you finished? Here let me dry your hair for you” Said miss Kim holding a hair dryer. 

“It’s fine, I can do it myself. Hurry and have a shower, I don’t want to get sick as well”. She nodded her head at me and went inside the bathroom while I dried my hair. After I finished I sat on the sofa Meonji while I waited for her to finish her shower. I felt my eyes slowly begin to get heavier as the exhaustion of the day was beginning to have an effect on me. Just as I was about to fall asleep miss Kim opened the bedroom door which woke me up as she already finished her shower. 

“You look tired. You can have a nap while I make us something to eat, I’ll wake you up when it’s ready”

“Ok” I muttered as I laid down on the sofa and drifted off to sleep.
--

“Hey little rabbit, it’s time to wake up”, I felt a little pat on my head and slowly fluttered my eyes open to be greeted by an angelic smile. 

“Hi” I mumbled while rubbing my eyes and sitting up. 

“Hi, did you sleep well?”

“Yeah”

“Good. Here’s some food, you must be hungry” she said, handing me a bowl of noodles while sitting down next to me. I nodded my head at her while we both started to eat in silence, at the moment I was grateful that she wasn’t asking me any questions about what happened earlier. After a while she broke the silence.

“So are you planning to stay the night or would you prefer that I drop you off at a friends house?” 

“Well do you mind if I stay, it’s a Friday and it’s most likely that my friends are busy”

“Of course you can stay” She replied, once again giving me one of her gentle smiles. She seemed so genuine that it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, it also made me feel loved.

“Well I’ve finished, it’s still quite early, do you wanna watch a movie or something?” She asked.

“A movie sounds nice” I said while handing her my bowl. 

“Very well, a movie it is” She went back to put the bowls in the kitchen, then she came back and we chose a random film to watch. 

We were sitting quite far apart from each other and miss Kim was focused on the movie. I admired her side profile, she really was a goddess. Before I was caught staring I focused my attention back to the film which was showing a fight scene between two lovers, one of them cheated and that’s why they were arguing. This reminded me of what my father did and I found myself thinking if my parents would argue like this if my mother found out what happened. Tears began to cloud my vision as I replayed what I saw earlier in my mind. 

“Hey, why are you crying” I turned my head to miss Kim who was wiping the tears off of my cheeks, her eyes full of concern and sympathy. 

“It’s ok, it’s ok” She pulled me into her embrace with my tears staining her top. Her embrace was warm and I once again felt that security that I needed. I felt like telling her what happened earlier, I just wanted to get it off of my chest hoping it will put me at ease a little bit. I slowly pulled myself away from her arms and dried my tears with my sleeves.

“I-it’s just that, I-I saw my f-father cheating on m-my mother earlier”

“Oh Eunbi, I’m so sorry. Come here”, She once again pulled me into her embrace as my tears fell again. I clutched onto her shirt as she began to rub some soothing circles on my back. “It’s ok, you can cry. Let it all out”, I don’t know how long we stayed like that but it was comfortable. Eventually I stopped crying and I felt some what content. I let go of her shirt and leaned back.

“I think you should get some rest, come on let’s get you to bed”. I hummed at her words as she got off of the sofa and extended her hand towards me. I took her hand as we made our way towards her bedroom. 

“I’ll get you a spare toothbrush so that you can brush your teeth. We both made our way to her bathroom as we got ready for bed. After we were finished we went back to the bedroom. 

“You can sleep here, I’ll sleep on the sofa” She was about to leave the bedroom but I grabbed her sleeve. 

“C-can you sleep with me tonight, I don’t want to be alone”. She smiled gently at me while patting my head.

“Very well, come on let’s go to sleep”, We both got under the covers as miss Kim leaned over the night stand and turned the light off. We both laid there with a gap between us in silence, and once again the awkward atmosphere surrounded us. Suddenly I was wide awake and I didn’t feel like sleeping at all. I still had many unanswered questions between me and miss Kim. I didn’t want another thing to worry about so I decided to toughen up and ask her.

“Miss Kim”, “Eunbi”, we both said at the same time. 

“Sorry you go first” She whispered. 

“No you can go first” I replied. We were now facing each other but there was still some distance between us. 

“Well, I just wanted to clear up the situation between us from the other day. I know I hurt your feelings and I’m sorry about what I said to you and-“, I cut her off by gently putting my finger to her lips. 

“You don’t have to explain it to me. I understand that if you get involved with me we would both get in serious trouble. I overreacted a little, you were just protecting the both of us”, I smiled contentedly at her while she held my hand, gently her thumb over my knuckles. 

“I know it’s a risk but I just want to be honest with you. The other day you asked if I have any feelings for you, I lied. I do have feelings for you Eunbi, I love you”. When she said those three words I felt an unexplainable feeling. I was feeling so overjoyed, a bit anxious and also relieved. I was afraid for the future, the risks of us being together but I was also so relieved that my love was returned, this was the happiness that I longed for. 

Our faces slowly got closer, our lips were just centimeters apart. I felt my cheeks start to blush at the close proximity until she finally closed the gap between us and all was right with the world. Her lips were soft and I felt my heart rate go up as she slowly moved her lips against mine. The kiss was tender, she was very gentle and I found myself falling for her even more. I felt like I was getting drunk with her lips and I went to deepen the kiss. I felt her nibble on my bottom lip sending an electric wave down my spine as she moved on top of me. She broke the kiss before things could get more heated and looked down at me in the eyes. She looked so beautiful with the moonlight illuminating her figure making her look even more ethereal. It was like her eyes were making a promise to herself and I found myself doing the same thing. 

“So, Jung Eunbi, will you be my girlfriend”, I saw so much hope in her eyes but also a tint of fear.

“Of course silly. You can’t kiss me like that and then expect me not to be your girlfriend”. She giggled at my words before kissing me on the forehead and laying down next me. 

“But if we are going to date we will have to be very careful” I mumbled as I snuggled into her chest. 

“I agree, we’ll set some boundaries tomorrow but for now let’s get some rest”. She pulled me closer and hugged my waist engulfing me with her warmth. 

“Goodnight my little rabbit”. I shut my eyes as I listened to the slow beating of her heart beat with a smile on my face and slowly drifted to sleep.