Chapter 3

Falling for Miss Kim

Eunha POV:

The rest of the classes were rather uneventful, it was just the usual introduction from the teachers and other pointless tasks, well this is usually what the first day of school is like. I made my way towards the canteen since it was lunch time and found my friends sitting at a table.

“hey Eunha, how’s your first day going”

“The usual” I answered nonchalantly.

“Ugghh, school , I have the worse teacher for math's, how am I even going to survive” Sinb whined.

“Really, just this morning you were telling me how It’s not that bad” I mimicked her which in return she gave me a glare and then proceeded to pout and stuff her face into the side of Yerin’s neck. We all just giggled at her reaction and kept on eating until another topic was brought up.

“Hey Eunha have you seen the new transfer student from Japan, she seems pretty cute” Umji said with a little glee in her eyes, which made Yuju pout.

“Come on Yuju unnie don’t be jealous, you’re the cutest in my eyes” Umji said in a low soft tone which made Yuju flustered and look the other way.

“Any way back to the transfer student, do you like her, I think you two would be a very cute couple” Said Yerin with an eager tone.

“I don’t know, she seemed awfully close with Dahyun” I replied

“Now that I think about it I can remember Dahyun telling me that she has a girlfriend abroad, it looks like they might be dating” Sinb said giving me a sheepish smile with what I think was a hint of worry in her eyes.

“It’s fine guys, you don’t need to try and find me a girlfriend, it’s not that bad being single”

“Very well as you wish Eunha”

The conversation carried on and I found myself daydreaming again. My eyes gazed around the cafeteria focusing on nothing in particular, until a streak of red hair caught my attention. I saw miss Kim talking to another teacher a few tables away from us. I found my self admiring her again. From her scarlet red hair to her gentle smile. Suddenly I felt a sense of jealousy directed towards the male teacher that she was talking to. ‘What is wrong with me, she’s just a teacher talking to another teacher, pull yourself together Eunbi!'

“Earth to Eunbi!”

“Huh, yes what is it?”

“geez, we have been calling your name for ages, what were you looking at anyway?” They all turned their heads towards the direction that I was previously looking at.

“Ahh, I see our little Eunha has the hots for our new History teacher” Sinb said with a massive smirk on her face.

“Don’t be delusional she’s just a teacher! And Yah I’m your unnie!”

“You’ve always had a thing for older women” Yerin teased with a grin on her face.

“Stop it! I don’t like her ok!” I squealed in my seat out of embarrassment while my friends just giggled and smirked at my reaction.

“Any way back to what I was saying how about we go clubbing to celebrate the new school year” Said Yuju.

“Are you serious, it’s Monday and the first day of school, why would I wanna do that?” I replied.

“Not today, I meant this Friday, so what do you say?”

“And be the fifth wheel between you four, I don’t know”

“Come on, it’ll be fun, you never know you might find someone cute” Umji joined in and grinned at me.

"How would we even get in the club?"

"Don't worry I have my ways" Yerin said mischievously

“Fine I’ll come, but you guys better not ditch me”

“Don’t worry we won’t, this is going to be fun” Yerin smirked.

Great, what have I gotten myself into.

---

Sowon (miss Kim) POV:

Dinnnggg!

“Well that’s a wrap see you all tomorrow” I said as I dismissed the class and made my way back to my desk. I sighed in content and slumped back into my chair. Well the fist day of school is over and everything seems to be going smoothly which I’m very grateful for. I was so nervous this morning and was a bit late since the principle wanted to have a word with me. To be honest I’m surprised that I got this job, I’m only 22 so I’m quite young to be a teacher, especially for teaching a subject like history. I guess it’s because I managed to finish my degree early, I was always a good student and not to brag but I’m also very smart. I guess I pushed myself more than the rest of my classmates. I wanted to prove to myself and my parents that I’m capable of living a normal lifestyle without being sheltered by their money. Any way enough of my life long story, I better make my way home before it gets too dark.

I gather up my things and lock the classroom door before making my way towards my car. I put all of my things in the passenger seat before I start the engine and make my way home. I admire the view of the city as the sun has just started to set. The sky glazed over in light tones of orange and pink and I find my mind wondering to a certain pink haired girl. Specifically one of the students in my class which if I remembered correctly is called Eunbi. She had a very cute nose and a rather petite figure. I found her blushed cheeks very charming and her nervous voice to be very adorable. What can I say I was smitten by her cuteness. ‘What am I thinking, she’s only my student, I can’t think of her like that, though it’s not wrong to find something cute, right?’

Any way I made my way back to my apartment and parked my car in the car park. Gathering my items I walked towards the elevator and made my way to my front door. Turning the key in the door I heard some scurrying on the floor and was greeted by a furry little face and a wagging tail.

“Hello Meonji-ah~” I patted his little head and made my way towards the kitchen counter and put my teaching materials there. I then made my way into the living room where I slumped into the sofa while Meonji jumped up as well and rested his head in my lap.

“ahhhh, home sweet home” I let out another content sigh as I rested my head on the back of the sofa while I Meonji’s head. Well this is my apartment, its nothing special, just one bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen and a living room, but that’s all I really need. The income of a teacher isn’t the best, though there are some pros and cons about being a teacher. The pros being that I get more vacation time and the cons being that I don’t get paid enough and that I’ll probably have to deal with at least one trouble maker in my classroom.

Ring! Ring!

My Phone rang and snapped me out of my thoughts. I went to the kitchen counter where I left it and picked it up.

“Hey Nayeon-ah, what’s up?” I answered Nayeon from the other line. Nayeon’s my best friend. We’ve been friends since the start of high school and she’s helped me out many more times than I can count, and I’ve also returned the favour.

“Nothing much Sojung-ah, I just called to see how you were doing. I heard today was your first day at your new job, how was it”.

“It actually went quite well, I didn’t make a fool out of myself if that’s what your asking”

“I never doubted you Sojung, hey how about we celebrate, there’s a club downtown maybe we could grab a drink?”

“Not tonight it’s a school night”

“I never though I’d hear you say that again”

“Stop it, I just got this job I can’t afford to get fired over something as dumb as drinking”

“Fine I’m sorry, I know how much you’ve worked to prove your parents wrong. How about this Friday”

“I don’t know”

“Come on, just a few drinks”

“Fine”

“Yay, see you on Friday miss Kim”

“Ya-“

“did she really just hang up on me” I scoffed and slouched back into the sofa.

Well this is going to be fun.