Chapter 9 : Long Day

Nannie's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 9 Long Day

 

They said if someone started their day right, then the entire day will follow. This is the case that is happening with this musician who is all smiles and attentive as she records the title song of her album. She records her songs with so much feelings, so much passion into her work and even better that she started her day with a smile.

 

Chaeyoung managed to record the upbeat and acoustic song flawlessly. Her tune, the high pitch she was able to hit, the way she strummed her guitar and tuned the right notes, everything is perfect. Even the producers and the executives who are monitoring her applauded as she ended with zero mistakes and only the minimum amount of rerun. She is satisfied and it’s hyping her up in a good mood.

 

“Wow Chaeyoung! You’re doing great today!” The producer praised her as she went to the other side to join them and to check the recorded song herself.

 

“That’s the way I like you to focus on your album Chaeyoung. Good job and keep up the good work.” The higher-ups also complimented and left after being delighted of what they have witnessed from their biggest asset.

 

As the manager hands her lukewarm water to ease , he noticed her brand-new guitar, something that’s really new to his sight after all this time he’s been working for her. “What happened to your iconic guitar? You’re using a new one. I’ve never seen this.” He pointed out and the producer also did notice.

 

“Ah… that…” Chaeyoung grinned. “The one I used to play was broken. I was able to fix it a bit but I decided to keep it so it won’t get damaged again.” She then answered brief.

 

The reason behind her grin is because she reminisced that one-day Jennie tried to restore the guitar by pasting it together. That day, on that same day that Jennie was officially back to being a nanny again, Chaeyoung came back home and found Jennie trying to give back the guitar’s life and there’s Ella assisting her by holding it together while Jennie glues the broken pieces.

 

Chaeyoung wasn’t bothered or annoyed that her treasured guitar is being touched and that the two clueless women are making it worse by pasting it together. She recalled herself being entertained as they looked good working together rather than fighting like cat and dog. She had the choice to save the guitar and put it to an expert but at the end of the day, she let Jennie and Ella do whatever they want and give them the time to enjoy the work themselves and enhance their bond stronger.

 

“Something good happened, isn’t it?” The manager nudged his elbow to the musician as she was caught spacing out while smirking all by herself, not listening to her own composition she sang that’s being played for checking.

 

“She’s blooming too, not to mention. Wearing that fashion looking like an executive of a company, you used to look dark and serious with those on but today you look so bright with all these pink airs you’re releasing.” The producer also backed up on teasing the flustered Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung blushes mad and defends with her unusual gestures of shaking her hands, “I’m not! T-There’s nothing, really! I’m only excited since I’m recording my title song, that’s all!”

 

“No one’s going to buy that Chaeyoung! We won’t believe either if you’ll say it’s because of Lisa since she’s working overseas as of the moment.” The manager chanted. “C’mon, it’s only us in here. You can tell us.” He tried to convince her by tending closer and giving her all the attention.

 

The people working around her have always been this persistent, which is why most of the times she rather not to tell them anything about her personal life and if she’s forced, she’ll tell the briefest explanations. But because Lisa isn’t around for her to tell every single detail and for some reason, she cannot tell it to her as it’s about Jennie, there’s no one to tell to but to these people.

 

“Ella and her nanny, Jennie, is getting along well and they are doing better these days. That’s all.” Chaeyoung settled on telling them the least information. “I don’t have to worry about the tiniest thing at home anymore since everything’s going well. I can focus better on my album because Jennie is doing her job very well too.” She went on and avoided any possible suspicious glares from them.

 

And the manager applauds, “Woah! That’s great! We hired the right person, as expected.”

 

“You’re right. She does everything, even if I don’t ask her to. She has a great initiative. She helps Ella with all that she needs and Ella seems to be enjoying their time together. In fact, they will hang out today since Ella’s classes were cancelled.” Chaeyoung said so proud that her confident grin is written all over her lips which she immediately ceased as she saw that doubtful looks from the producer.

 

“I’m glad to hear that. Your best friend sure is good at suggesting her.” They simply said.

 

And just in time, as if it’s in a queue, Chaeyoung’s phone vibrated and received a message from Ella. “See? Speaking of Ella. My little girl misses me already.” She showed and boasted her phone’s screen where Ella’s name is jotted as the sender.

 

Chaeyoung leisurely takes her time to check the message which she didn’t let the men see and keep it to herself in her seat. Thankfully she did for the moment she opened the message, the picture of Jennie taking a bath behind those smoky glasses of her room’s bathroom appeared and it was then she was drinking and sprayed the water out of .

 

Jennie cannot be clearly seen in the photo, though Chaeyoung could see her dark silhouette behind the foggy glass dividers as she’s under the shower while massaging her hair. Her y curves are apparent and her figure that’s petite yet suggestive are all screaming perfection in her silhouette. She uncontrollably coughed looking at this message, specifically this photo that came unexpected.

 

“Hey, hey… What are you doing? You’re messing everything up!” The manager scolded when Chaeyoung accidentally sprayed the water onto some of the documents and even the recording equipment around her. 

 

“Excuse me for a second. I just need to call Ella.” Chaeyoung excused herself in between her coughs.

 

Chaeyoung went to the farthest corner of the floor, near the windows and called the young girl she’s about to discipline as well. “Unnie, did you see the photo I sent you? Jennie-unnie is y, isn’t she?” The giggling Ella said as soon as she picked up the call.

 

“Ella!” Chaeyoung grumbled. “What are you doing in Jennie’s room? Get out of there and give her some privacy! And who permitted you to take photos of someone while they are taking a bath? That’s bad! Don’t ever do that! I didn’t teach you to do that! Did you know that’s it’s illegal to do that?” She then strictly lectured while massaging her temples to calm herself, not to cause fear for the young girl.

 

Ella glowers, “Okay unnie. I’m sorry. Lesson learned. It’s that I accidentally saw Jennie-unnie in her sports bra when she walked by the living room and I only thought she’s y and I want to have a body like hers someday.”

 

Hearing more from Ella only made Chaeyoung to form her own imaginations of Jennie’s petite yet y body. She always come across her at home wearing her casual shirt and Ella sure does hit the right description. Jennie is indeed y even without showing too much skin. Chaeyoung heats up as she thought of this, getting panicky at some point especially when she imagines Jennie in such fit.

 

“Okay… just don’t do that again. You might end up fighting with your nanny if she finds out you’re sneaking photos of her.” Chaeyoung calmed down after she slapped her cheeks hard to snap herself out of her unwanted imaginations.

 

So, Ella proceeds on telling her unnie about today’s plans excitedly, “Oh right, we’re going to do some groceries and stroll all over the city. It’s been so long since I last went to the supermarkets. I’m excited!”

 

“Good for you.” Chaeyoung smiled for she is glad to hear Ella’s thrilled chuckles once again after all these days she barely showed a grin.

 

“How about you unnie, will you be able to catch up?”

 

And this Chaeyoung has to break her excitement as she sadly informs, “I won’t be able to catch up. After my recordings this morning, I’ll go straight to a meeting about my music video. They were able to conceptualize already and they want me to hear it out and asked me to throw some suggestions too.”

 

“Is that so?” Ella grimaced and her gloom can be clearly heard through the call.

 

“I’ll try to get back home earlier than the usual.” Chaeyoung had to say though she is aware it might be tough to squeeze in her time altogether. “I don’t know if I can make it but I’ll tell you and Jennie if I can come back home for dinner to join you.”

 

“Okay unnie. We’ll see you tonight. I’ll keep in touch with you through messages then.” Ella settled.

 

But before the call drops, Chaeyoung again strictly warns, “Don’t ever do what you did earlier again, okay?”

 

Ella only responded with a giggle as she hangs up on her. The young girl has been wandering around Jennie’s room while the nanny is taking a bath. She wasn’t permitted but since the door was open, she took the liberty to sneak in and hoping to know more about Jennie. The room is plain in general. She opened the cabinets and only found old casual clothes. She checked her table and there’s only one family picture in there, plus a locked pink diary placed beside it. Jennie’s room is plain and boring for Ella.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jennie came out of the bathroom in her robe and found Ella sitting on her bedside while staring on the family picture on a frame on her bedside table.

 

Ella beams, “I want to see how your room looks like unnie.”

 

“There’s nothing to see much in here. I don’t have things aside from my clothes and shoes as you can see. I had to sell almost everything to pay my debts and some loans.” Jennie laughed and went on picking the best clothes she has from the limited choices in her closet.

 

“Then how about this, who are they? Are they your parents?” The curious Ella asked and pointed at this frame she has been looking at.

 

Jennie joined her and picked up the frame. She sits beside Ella and nods with a feeble smile, “Yeah, they are my parents. My very supportive parents. However, they are now in heaven and left this nanny of yours too soon.”

 

Ella gasps, “I’m so sorry for asking unnie.”

 

“It’s alright. You didn’t know and it’s normal to be curious about it.” Jennie patted her head before going on to tell her more, “They unfortunately got involved in a car accident when I was in high school. I couldn’t go to college anymore since I have to live on my own and find ways to live alone. Then magic, I’m here with you and with your Chaeng-unnie.”

 

Jennie explained cool in a way Ella wouldn’t be saddened by such information though this hurt herself as she rarely discloses anything about her parents. She kept a smile but Ella isn’t too naïve not to see the pain at least for a bit despite being young. Ella herself had experienced the pain of being left by a parent and she knows fully well how a smile to sugarcoat a pain looks like.

 

Ella stood up and gave her nanny a hug which came a surprise for Jennie, yet she still returned it belatedly nonetheless. “You can tell me all your troubles unnie. You might laugh since I’m just a kid but I want you to depend on me too.” She said.

 

And yes, Jennie did laugh, but softly as she has no choice but to just agree and not damage the young girl’s genuine concerns, “Yes, ma’am. It’s noted.”

 

“Start getting ready then unnie and I’ll go too.” Ella said.

 

However, as Jennie walked back to her closets, Ella was distracted by her phone’s rings and halted her steps on getting out of the room. Jennie’s phone was placed on the bed near where they seated together and so she went back to it and peeked on her phone screen while Jennie is so engrossed on checking out her outfit. On the screen, Ella read Lisa’s message which is new to her.

 

“Hi Jennie. It’s past midnight here in Paris and I just came back in my hotel from the after-party. I had a great day at the fashion show and I have to attend some more in the next days. It would have been better if you’re here with me.” This is Lisa’s message.

 

“Is that Lisa?” Jennie asked when she saw Ella checking out her phone.

 

“Y-Yeah… it’s her.” Ella hesitantly said. “Are the two of you close?” She then asked.

 

Jennie grabbed her phone and while she types, she answers Ella’s curiosity, “Not as much as your Chaeng-unnie is close to her. We’re friends but we don’t meet a lot and it was her who recommended me this job so I’m thankful to her. Why, aren’t you too?”

 

“We’re not close.” Ella coldly replied and got Jennie eyeing on her in disbelief. “Lisa-unnie always forgets my name and she’s too carefree. She’s always hyped up and she’s too loud whenever she’s here. I don’t even know how she became best friends with Chaeng-unnie.” She further said as she pouted.

 

Jennie laughs loud, “Actually, I don’t know too how those two turned out to be best friends. I also think they are too opposite with each other’s personalities but who knows what made them closer, right?”

 

Ella never really liked the supermodel too much. She barely gets along with her, only on rare times when Lisa used to take her to amusement parks back in America and treat her with everything. Aside from that, Ella isn’t a fan of Lisa’s hyper personality all day as if she isn’t getting tired at all. And Ella is about to add another one to her list about the things she doesn’t like from Lisa, and that’s getting closer to her nanny more than she and Chaeyong could.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter