Chapter 18 : The Musician's Punishment

Nannie's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 18 The Musician’s Punishment

 

Stuck at home, the young girl Ella was guarded by two company staffs late night as they wait for Chaeyoung’s arrival. The wait is killing her, more that she’s facing this untouched dinner table wherein a full course meal is set with a red unlit candle in the middle and roses are decorated on the floor, petals that are scattered everywhere all the way to the balcony.

 

“Ella…” One of the staffs finally decided to join the sulking Ella on the dining table, staring blankly at the foods. “Are you supposed to celebrate with your Chaeyoung-unnie today for her Triple Crown win? It’s pretty decorated here.” She remarked.

 

Ella rolled her eyes and acted cheeky towards the staff as she answered, “Yeah and there’s supposed to be more than just a celebration but you and the company ruined it.”

 

“More than that?” The staffs went curious and both tended towards Ella.

 

“It’s a family secret.” Ella pouted and continued to ignore the staffs as she gazed back at the wall clock, watching the time tick.

 

Few more minutes and the door opened wide, banging loud as Chaeyoung rampantly paraded inside. This shocked Ella and the staffs that were once chilling went up on their feet to welcome the raging musician. Following close from behind her is a company security which is more alarming for Ella who immediately ran towards her unnie.

 

“I’m home already! Please leave me and my family alone and respect my privacy at least here inside our home! You’ve collected my phone, you have my things and more! What else do you want from me?” Chaeyoung yelled at the security who refused to leave just yet.

 

The frightened staffs marched out and before the security does as well, he lastly warns the musician, “Please be reminded of the company’s rules while they decide for the next move. We will be strictly guarding you until then and please refrain from doing anything unnecessary. That’s all for today. We’ll be outside.”

 

As soon as the security left, Chaeyoung went on her knees and wrapped Ella for a hug and there on the young girl’s shoulders, she began crying hard and breathless. The weight is too much for Chaeyoung to carry on her own and now that Jennie isn’t anywhere near her, worse she knows nothing about her current condition, she could go crazy thinking about all the things happening around her.

 

“Unnie, what happened? Why are you crying? Why is Jennie-unnie not with you? Where is she?” Ella asked nonstop as she found no Jennie around, worried and confused at the same time of Chaeyoung’s emotional return.

 

Chaeyoung quickly guided Ella towards the couch and there she cupped her face and carefully explains in between her heavy sobs, “Listen to me but don’t be sad. Your Jennie-unnie was suspended because of a violation in her contract and she won’t be back to us for quite some time. But don’t worry, I will find a way so she will be back as soon as possible and be with us again, okay?”

 

Ella was told not to be sad, but there goes her tears flowing endlessly and loud cries started rumbling in the living room. And Chaeyoung’s only way to hush her is to put her back around her embrace and caress her back until she stops and her sobs become at ease. She cannot blame the young one, for she herself has been endlessly crying since Jennie was taken away from her.

 

Chaeyoung cannot bring herself to tell Ella more about Jennie’s situation as she fears that these tears might go on and on until the next morning if she do tells her. Considering Ella’s feelings added more to her worries that she has to carry all by herself on her shoulders, absolutely going to be a restless night for her.

 

“But unnie…” Ella sobbed as she let go. She then pointed at the dining table left open as she asks, “How about your romantic dinner with Jennie-unnie? What will you do about that now? You even planned to confess to her tonight.”

 

Right, the plan that was ruined, Chaeyoung almost forgot about it as she’s overwhelmed with all the circumstances going on. She momentarily left Ella to check these foods she personally ordered, all supposedly for her romantic dinner with Jennie. The set-up from the ceiling down to the floor, Chaeyoung worked on all of these things in between her busy schedules while Jennie was unaware the entire time.

 

And yes, she prepared her heart as well, even worked on herself to improve and be out from her cowardice. The Triple Crown she had won is just a bonus, because what she really wanted before this day to end is to win Jennie’s heart, which unfortunately didn’t happen due to sudden twist of their circumstances. With this, everything rolled back to zero.

 

However, there’s Ella and so she wanted to stay positive for her. “There’s still some other time that I can confess to Jennie. And for the next time, it’s going to be a bigger surprise, a better set-up and the best meal for her, and of course for you too.” She forced to smile for her.

 

“Don’t mind me, unnie. I was even so ready to eat my dinner at the room and give you a space with her.” Ella giggled, yet also somehow forced as she’s missing Jennie.

 

“C’mon, go and sleep now. You have classes tomorrow.”

 

That night, however, Chaeyoung couldn’t find sleep at all and she was kept impatient pacing around the living room for long hours. The way she saw Jennie collapsing down the floor and the way she couldn’t do anything for her, it’s circulating in her head that she’s growing more intolerant, frustrated more than ever in her life.

 

Finding a way, she grabbed Ella’s emergency phone that no one knows exist and how she feels so dismayed of herself she didn’t think of using this earlier on. “It’s me, Chaeyoung. Do you have any updates on Jennie? And please don’t tell anyone about this number or else they might collect this one too.” She urgently messaged her manager.

 

“Jennie is still unconscious. Some tests and scans were done to her and the results are expected to be released anytime soon and according to the doctors, the fastest would be tomorrow and if not then the following days. She’s expected to regain consciousness tomorrow as well. I’ll leave the hospital for now. Her best friend is with her too but I’m sorry that I have to warn you because there are some staffs here lurking around. Perhaps to prevent you from meeting her or coming here.”

 

The manager sent the message around dawn and Chaeyoung was able to breathe in relief for a short minute as she was updated. But her anxiety stayed the same, probably worse, for she cannot even hold Jennie, she cannot even be there for her when she needs her the most and she cannot even take care of her the way she wants to do for her.

 

Chaeyoung was kept awaked until it was time for Ella to go to school. She does the jobs she used to do before Jennie happened to their life despite being exhausted mentally and physically, emotionally to add. She cooked Ella’s favorite breakfast. She prepared Ella’s needs for school and everything that Jennie should be doing, she does it all.

 

Until sending Ella to school, Chaeyoung did it too as she walked her out and waited for the school bus to fetch her. And from outside the condominium’s exclusive compound, she far sighted securities from their company standing by for as said, she’ll be guarded unless she’ll have to attend her schedules. She’s tightly being monitored which adds even more to her distresses.

 

“I told you! I’m Jennie Kim’s best friend! She’s the nanny who works for Park Chaeyoung! Just please tell Chaeyoung that I’m here! I just need to get her things.”

 

“I’m sorry ma’am. We have to ask for Miss Chaeyoung’s consent first.”

 

Chaeyoung heard this morning argument going on by the guardhouse from the opposite side. No matter how far she was, if Jennie’s name is involved, then her ears can extend to the farthest it can be. Thus, she marched towards where the noise is coming from and there she saw Jisoo, who is still unfamiliar to her, forcing her way in while guards are blocking her way.

 

“Excuse me…” Chaeyoung showed up. “What’s going on here?”

 

The guards so explains, “She said she’s the best friend of Ella’s nanny. We’ve been telling her to wait here.”

 

For the first time, Jisoo meets the musician up close, face-to-face. Just like what Jennie had accounted before, she’s a goddess even in her morning make-up free face. Not to mention, she has an ideal height for Jennie. Also those intimidating eyes that can pierce through when moody, Jisoo now gets it why her best friend gets for she’s that lover she’s always dreaming of.

 

“Let her in.” Chaeyoung ordered while Jisoo was busy scrutinizing her from head to toe.

 

Jisoo humbly walked in the compound, saying as they walk further in, “Hi. I’m Jisoo and maybe Jennie must have mentioned me at least once or twice already. And actually, I’m here to get some of her things since I heard she was suspended and she cannot come back here yet. You know, she’s still in the hospital too and she needs her things there.”

 

“She did mention you and she always tell me how you always look after her and everything.” Chaeyoung assured as she continuously guides her up to her place. “And about her suspension by the way…” She frowned while they are inside the elevator waiting for it to open.

 

“I don’t know the whole details but one thing is for sure, Jennie is happy whenever she’s with you and I’ve seen and heard how genuine she is whenever she talks about you too. So, if you feel bad that she’s suspended, or if you’re going to say sorry, don’t be, because I know you wouldn’t want to be apart from her too.” Jisoo said certain.

 

And Chaeyoung eagerly affirms, “Of course, I don’t want to be away from her because I lo—”

 

Jisoo raised an eyebrow as the musician halted in her words. “You what?” She then smirked for she has a guess of what’s about to come out of Chaeyoung’s mouth.

 

“Well, I can’t tell you. She has to know first before anyone else.” Chaeyoung shyly looked away and lucky for her, the elevator opened and so she marched out going straight to her door.

 

Jisoo is welcomed in this place where Jennie has learned to call her home. Indeed, it’s a luxurious space and a comfortable one without a doubt. Living under this roof with the people she can embrace as her family, Jisoo finally took a full grasp of Jennie’s willingness and genuine intentions of working her heart out for them.

 

“This is her room. You can grab everything you need for her.” Chaeyoung opened Jennie’s room for Jisoo to check herself. “I really want to go there and be with her but our situation as of the moment is kind of complicated and messed up. Please, take care of her.” She also formally bowed her head.

 

“Lisa is there.” Jisoo said straight while collecting Jennie’s outfits from the closets. And as she saw Chaeyoung’s expression changed, something she couldn’t paint as it’s mixed of envy and worry, she immediately clarifies, “Yes, Lisa is there but I assure you that she won’t do anything to your girlf— I mean to Jennie. She won’t do anything ridiculous and she’s worried too since Jennie is also a friend to her. That girl has learned and maybe talk to her someday too. You also need someone to lean on, right?”

 

Chaeyoung can be jealous but she chewed this emotion in for Jennie’s sake, for someone to protect her and someone be at least there for her when she cannot do so. And how amazed she is, now that she’s realizing deeper into her emotions, into her affection for the woman, that she can actually adjust and think better for her.

 

Half past noon, Jennie regained her consciousness and found herself in a hospital bed. She feels weak as her body refuses to move more than just barely lifting her head a little bit to check what’s around her. She’s inside a suite hospital room, something she cannot definitely afford. She recognized some staffs from the company chatting with Lisa by the table adjacent to her bed.

 

Jennie spoke nothing for a moment while she’s still left unnoticed. She laid back and stared at the blank ceiling for a while in order to recollect all that happened. She was in a meeting. She was suspended for being caught intimate with the musician. She collapsed due to severe headache and here she is, weak and feeble in this bed.

 

“Oh Jennie, you’re awake.” Lisa finally noticed and so she marched towards her, but making sure she’s keeping a distance as they haven’t been in touch for days. “How do you feel?” She then asked carefully.

 

“We’ll call the doctor and inform them.” The staffs said and gave the two a private space to talk.

 

As Jennie kept her silence, Lisa frowned, sighing, “Are you uncomfortable that I’m here? Do you want me to leave? Jisoo went to Chaeng’s place to get your things that’s why she isn’t around. If you want, I’ll call her so she can come back faster.”

 

“It’s not that.” Jennie clarified and reached out to hold Lisa’s hand, preventing her to go any farther from her. “I still feel quite confused and disoriented. And I’m glad you came here for me even after everything that happened between us.” She forced a smile out of her dried and pale lips.

 

Lisa cautiously sat on her bedside and held on Jennie’s hand tighter, “This may not be the right time but you know, I’m sorry…”

 

“For what?”

 

“For everything and how I acted. Jisoo and I have been hanging around lately and all I got from her are sermons and advises so yeah, I’m really sorry.” Lisa muttered out of embarrassment, looking down at her lap where later Jennie pinched to cause a scream out of her. “Hey! What’s that for?”

 

Jennie cackles, “I just missed fooling around with you too.”

 

Seeing Jennie’s smile, Lisa is sure she’s forgiven even without verbally asking for it even. ‘No wonder why Chaeng would really fall in love with her too.’ Lisa thought at the back of her mind, fully grasping the reason why someone who used to be snob and career-focused like her best friend took a detour and changed because of Jennie.

 

“Will you let me stay beside you then, even just as friends? Maybe at least as friends, I don’t want to lose you.” Lisa asked for confirmation and Jennie willingly nodded. “Are you sure Chaeng won’t kill me though?” She further asked and Jennie only laughed at this.

 

And so, the patient was reminded, “Oh yeah… about Chaeyoung… what happened to her? Where is she? Is she alright? What did they do to her?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter