Chapter 1 : Destined Encounter

Nannie's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1 Destined Encounter

 

Clock strikes eight on a lively night that’s early and young yet hyperactive and ecstatic for an exclusive nightclub filled with party people, the young and wealthy to be precise. Just like the Northern lights, the colors are dancing and flashing into the dark, the splash of blues, the brush of greens and the winks of pinks, yellows, blinks of violets to add. The loud banging and deafening sound of club music plays over the wild dance floor with the people’s drinks are up in the smoky air as if they are one with the rhythm.

 

Seated and chilling with a bottle by the bar area of this high nightclub, is a quiet blonde woman observing the people around her using these intimidating eyes she possess that are hidden from anyone’s eyes beneath her black cap. Without words she rejects the strangers’ offer for her to join them in the dance floor with a slight sway of her head and a reserved smile. She’s contented of this one bottle of drink in her hand while merely bobbing her head along with the music.

 

“Hey Chaeng! Are you seriously just going to sit here and watch? C’mon, join me! I promise I’ll protect you from anyone on that dance floor!” Approaching from the dance floor is a persistent woman forcibly pulling up this uninterested woman in her peaceful seat.

 

But the woman retreated her hand and insisted on sitting as she rustles, “Geez Lisa, can you lower down your voice? People will find out we’re here partying and they might take photos of us and share it on social media. If that happens then we’re both over.”

 

The persistent one, Lisa, giggles silly, “Oh yeah, sorry about that.” Then she decided to join her in her peaceful space, “I can’t possibly blow off your cover especially that you just announced your comeback, the great musician Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“You too, supermodel. You cannot easily show off your identity now that you’re being booked overseas too.” The blonde, who was called Chaeyoung, reminded and grabbed Lisa’s bucket hat to lower it down more in order not to be recognized by anyone else.

 

Jamming into the music in their seats, bobbing their heads and sipping on their drinks, Lisa breaks the comfortable silence between them as she expresses, “You’ll be busy again soon. We won’t be able to see each other often again and party like this. It’s just like our busy old days again. We can only meet once in a blue moon.”

 

“You make it sound like I’m a regular in this club when you just forced me here tonight. We could have just conducted a party at my place so it would be safer and we have more freedom to move around without this disguise.” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and her hand instinctively grabbed a second bottle from the bucket.

 

“Yeah right, because you cannot leave that little girl all alone for so long.” Lisa grumbled and mimicked how Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. “How long has it been since you got that girl by the way? It’s been a year or more perhaps? I kind of forgot since you’ve been always stuck with her.” She then said more and twisted her seat to face the bartender.

 

Chaeyoung followed her moves, sighing as Lisa just unintentionally made her go through a flashback of the whole year. “She has a name you know, and it’s Ella. This is why she doesn’t like you too much, you always forget her name. But yeah, it’s been a year since she started living with me. Time sure flies by so fast.”

 

“And you went on a hiatus for a year just to babysit her. What a mother-figure you are.” Lisa teased and received a strong nudge by her waist as an answer.

 

“I’m not ready to be a mother yet. I’m just an unnie who wants to take her as my younger sister maybe? Or if I have to, then I think it’s time for me to train how to become a good mother too.” Chaeyoung stated and again opened another bottle for herself.

 

And after some good seconds of laughter, Lisa articulates thoughtful, looking straight at Chaeyoung, “You know that once you start with your comeback preparations, you’ll be jam-packed with schedules again. You’ll be busy and you’ll barely go back home. You won’t be able to take care of that girl, I mean Ella, just like how you used to be for the entire year. You spoiled her too much though I also think it’s needed so she won’t think about her parents too much.”

 

“I will find a way before the actual preparations start. I’ll definitely make time for her or whatever. I’ll have a meeting soon with the staffs and I’m sure we’re going to tackle our situation.” Chaeyoung answered but concerned as appeared in her tone and avoidance on Lisa’s worried gazes.

 

Lisa gulped one last time on her drink and settles, “Okay, okay. Finish your drink then let’s get out of here and I’ll drive you back home. I don’t want to keep Ella waiting too. She’s a lovely little girl though she kind of hates me and it’s just hard to resist her cuteness sometimes. I’ll just go to the comfort room. Wait for me.”

 

Chaeyoung was left alone and as ordered she straight up consumed her remaining drink, enough to make her feel a little wobbly. Ever since Lisa joined her in her spot, she didn’t realize how much drinks she had taken until the drunkenness is starting to hit her. She only planned to take one but she unknowingly took down at least five bottles which she isn’t used to drink.

 

“Ah~ dumb Chaeng. When did you drink this much? You know you have low alcohol tolerance you idiot.” She groaned to herself and with her spinning sight she glared at the empty bottles being taken away by the bartender in front of her. “No, I can’t go back home to Ella like this. I have to fix myself.” She convinced herself and forced her weak knees to stand on her feet.

 

Chaeyoung has decided, she’s going to the comfort room to follow Lisa and put her brain into one piece before leaving. She needed to keep shaking her head to make her consciousness be proper and straight in her vision. And because of her unstable strides and wobbly steps, she’s accidentally bumping into random people that pass by around her and she doesn’t bother to apologize because the loud music is ringing into her groggy head.

 

“Damn, I don’t know where the comfort room is.” Chaeyoung belatedly realized when she started to wander around and going to nowhere, giggling at her own silliness every time she hits an empty wall.

 

The hopelessness and desperation quickly crawled in her veins after she found no comfort room from all these corners she paraded into so far. The annoyance is creeping into her head and later the urgency also joined as she’s starting to feel nauseated, and all of these going on with her are thanks to the few drinks she gulped down to .

 

“Excuse me…” Chaeyoung began moving faster but the dancing and hyped people moving around her are making it worse for her condition.

 

She ended up standing somewhere in the middle of the wild dance floor and unintentionally joined the fun going on. The dizziness is too much for her to handle and her feet are betraying her to keep on her stable stand. Her vision is doubling and as a result, she forced herself with the last ounce of her energy to move out from the dance floor as much as possible.

 

“Miss, watch out!” Someone shouted just beside the half-conscious Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung cared no one and nothing for all that’s left in her mind is to get out, escape and save herself. She thought that the warning wasn’t for her as her fuzzy sight showed no one in front of her to bump on. However, her unsteadiness deceived her because in just a less than a meter away from her, just right in front of her, there’s actually someone holding a tray of canned beers who only became clear to her eyes when she’s an inch close.

 

“Woah!” Chaeyoung countered late and accidentally pushed the person down to the floor with her.

 

“Eh~ I thought this only happens on dramas.”

 

“Talking about bad luck!”

 

Chaeyoung had her eyes closed upon the contact and all the way down when her body pressed onto someone underneath her. Nonetheless, she heard these chants from the people who momentarily stopped from swaying into the music to look down at them in such position, some whistling and some chanting. She heard more footsteps coming in closer to stare at them and suddenly the heat is building up around as crowd thickened.

 

That’s when Chaeyoung slowly recomposed and recollect everything in herself. She squinted her eyes to find these other pair of widened eyes less than an inch under her. Going down, her hands landed on these soft mounds she needed to squeeze to confirm what her hands are holding onto. And lastly, the one that totally taken away her drunkenness, her lips landed onto a pair of soft ones, worse it’s locked deep because of the strong contact.

 

Chaeyoung froze at the realization, eventually grasping what just happened and what’s going on. As if she wasn’t feeling the worst earlier, like she wasn’t in such urgency to puke, her mind is working wild but not her body that’s refusing to move. She’s here, in this club, on this floor, pinning on a beautiful brunette long-haired woman, squeezing her s in her palms and kissing her parted lips in such an unfortunate situation.

 

The woman, in the midst of tears, she weakly pushed Chaeyoung away from her face and mumbles while trembling in anger, “ert… you’re a ert…”

 

“E-Excuse me?” Chaeyoung was alarmed with this accusation, thus hastily getting back up in her feet but ensuring that her identity is still sealed under her cap. “It was an accident! I’m sorry! I was drunk and I didn’t see you in front of me! I swear I didn’t mean to do that! I’m so sorry!” She then defended herself in panic and using her stretched arms to keep a distance.

 

The woman slowly followed, going back up on her feet but she isn’t taking any apologies in this circumstance. She wiped her lips stained with Chaeyoung’s lipstick and uncontrollable tears came next. “How will I believe that when you’re here in front of me standing totally fine?” She roared out her wrath and without hesitancies she landed her heaviest slap onto Chaeyoung’s unprepared and unprotected face.

 

The slap came too strong it created a cut on Chaeyoung’s lower lip, almost twisting her down the floor. And this isn’t enough for the harmed woman as she opened one of those canned beers that’s scattered on the floor and pour it all down to Chaeyoung, from her cap, dripping down all over her body. No one dared to help or to come in between them, rather the bystanders only cheered as if it’s some sort of entertainment.

 

“What the…” Chaeyoung couldn’t do anything as she’s shocked and staggered. She gasped and left hanging open, feeling the coldness of the beer all over her body while struggling with the stinging pain on her burning face.

 

“Unforgivable!” The woman cried louder and released her fury. “I hate you! I don’t want to see you ever again! You ert woman! You’re disgusting!” She ranted it all out before she marched away sobbing hard, leaving Chaeyoung still immobile out of shock in her spot.

 

Chaeyoung is out of her words, lost anything she wanted to say to fight back after seeing those tears from the woman that made her weak for some reason. It would have been easy for her to defend herself more and argue but with those hurtful tears of that woman, she just felt something inside her weakened, which also caused her to be staggered and just stand there like a wrecked statue.

 

“Hey, what the hell happened here?” Lisa came a little late and found Chaeyoung standing still and doing nothing when the people around already dispersed as if nothing happened. “Anyway, let’s get out of here before someone recognizes us and put this on the internet. Tell me everything in the car.” She urgently rustled and forcibly pulled Chaeyoung out of the nightclub to save themselves.   

 

The harassed woman, or she believes she was, likewise escaped from the nightclub and runs into the crowded night streets, crying hard while she continuously rubs her lips to remove the lipstick stains. She cared not of the others ogling at her as she passes by them. She didn’t bother responding to the concerned passersby as she goes on running as fast as she can, as far as she can from that nightclub and from Chaeyoung.

 

Until her exhausted legs brought her to a 24/7 convenience store where she took a stop and entered without having second thoughts. It’s empty as customers are nowhere to be found at this hour which is good for her and thus she went straight to the confused cashier and asks in between her sobs, “Where’s your supervisor?”

 

“Which supervisor?” The cashier politely questioned back.

 

The woman collected herself as she takes a deep breath, “Sorry… I mean, Kim Jisoo, your supervisor. I think she’s on night shift this week.”

 

“Oh! Jennie!”

 

The woman turned around and found the supervisor she’s talking about in her working clothes coming out from th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter