Chapter 15 : Return of the Great

Nannie's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 15 Return of the Great

 

The greatest singer-musician Park Chaeyoung is officially back in her throne.

 

Since the day started, Chaeyoung has been taking over the news, the newspapers and every social media platform by storm. The day of her comeback is here, officially happening before everyone’s eyes to witness her greatness and the perfection of her work. Her album that was sold out in every store, online or not, her music video that broke the streaming sites, Chaeyoung’s power is being felt everywhere.

 

Her album hit the roof, getting that perfect all-kill in every music sites that every singers and idol groups dream of to achieve, snatching bags of number one here and there. Her music video grabs the top trends and the fans are hyping her up not just within the country but also worldwide. This is Park Chaeyoung, the great woman she is that Jennie gets to experience first time.

 

Jennie’s eyes glittered watching the good news on the television. Chaeyoung has been in every news since the morning and until now that it’s late afternoon, Jennie’s still amazed of Chaeyoung’s popularity. “She’s more than I expected her to be. She’s really amazing.” She commented proud.

 

Being a proud nanny, she snapped a photo of the on-going news showing her achievements so far. “Congratulations for the millionth time!” Then she sent this to Chaeyoung with an attached message to it.

 

For a minute or two, she was hoping her phone would buzz and receive a reply, which didn’t actually happen. Nevertheless, Jennie expected it as Chaeyoung’s schedule, as what she’s been told, is fully packed and she was told beforehand that phones are almost impossible to touch when busy.

 

Jennie, at some point, she felt a little bit disappointed but she immediately shrugged the feeling off. She didn’t let it bother her anymore, rather it motivated her even more to continue doing her very best with this small present she has for Chaeyoung which is a handmade necklace made of small beads.

 

Jennie cannot afford those branded jewelries on specialty stores. She has no extra money to purchase clothes or even a huge cake for her as most of her salaries go on paying her debts she has left. However, she does have few coins to spare for this handmade necklace which she’s working hard on to finish, not caring if she pricked her fingers from the needle that she’s using to join the beads together.

 

“I’m sure this will look good on her. She loves pink after all.” Jennie confidently said to boost herself up.

 

“Unnie! Do I look good?”

 

Ella came out of her room and presented herself before Jennie. She wears the prettiest pink dress available in her closet that perfectly matched with her glittered silver shoes. She’s a Barbie, like a doll that girls would love to dress as the most beautiful princess, and comb that long straight hair she has.

 

Jennie stares at her smiling proud, nodding as she’s satisfied, “You look like a princess young one. I’m sure Chaeyoung will be so proud of you later on when we go to her.”

 

“How about you unnie, what are you still doing? Chaeng-unnie might be waiting for us already at her party.” Ella asked, wondering why her nanny still wears her working clothes when the time is ticking fast to dusk.

 

Jennie hid the necklace she’s making behind her back and assures the worried one, “I’ll get change in few minutes. We’ll go immediately after I’m done with my works here.”

 

Ella simply bobbed her head but Jennie’s bleeding fingertips and dirty hands never escaped her concerned looks. She was reluctant to leave her alone yet if she won’t, Jennie won’t move an inch either. Thus, she went back to her room to fix her own bed she messed up from preparing.

 

As soon as Ella was out of sight, Jennie went back on working on the necklace. All Jennie wanted for this big day for Chaeyoung is to make her happy, happier than she already is with her success. If there’s better than the best, then that’s what Jennie wants to achieve for Chaeyoung and through this handmade beaded necklace, she wants to congratulate her and deliver to her how much she supports her, even from behind the cameras.

 

“Just a little bit more, Jennie. You’re almost done.” Jennie told herself and ignored the painful pricks she got from the needle.

 

Chaeyoung did receive Jennie’s short message, however, it was hours after it was sent to her. She barely gets a chance to get a hold of her phone, not even to check on the time displayed on her home screen. And whenever she does, another set of people would come and approach her again.

 

Currently at a hotel’s function hall, here the company formally celebrates Chaeyoung’s album release wherein the media is present outside but never inside the venue. The formal party is filled with influential people like she is, celebrities that are on the same caliber as she is, juniors from the same industry and even other public figures she’s not closed with are present as invited by the company.

 

“Miss Park Chaeyoung, congratulations!” The celebrities whom she isn’t even close with came interrupting her shortest second to breathe.

 

Chaeyoung forced a smile for them as she formally approaches with a handshake, “Thank you so much for coming tonight.”

 

“Your album is such a great masterpiece.” The others praised and Chaeyoung humbly bowed her head.

 

“We brought you some congratulatory gift and we’re so sorry if that’s all we got.” They said and handed over luxury brands in their respective boxes.

 

Chaeyoung accepts reserved, “Oh you didn’t have to but thank you so much! Please enjoy the night!”

 

Chaeyoung excused herself as fast as possible, desperately cutting their short chat so she could once again get her phone out of her bag. She wanted to respond to Jennie’s short message so bad, yet every time she attempted to do so, people endlessly approach her, congratulating her left and right, welcoming more celebrity guests and high profile figures.

 

In the midst of her conversation, the manager came and from behind he secretly whispers to her, “Jennie and Ella just arrived. They are waiting for you at the back of the hall.”

 

“Thank you.” Chaeyoung whispered and with urgency, she excuses herself from these men, “Excuse me for a while. I have to go get something. I’ll be back quick.”

 

Chaeyoung, together with her manager, sneaked out of the hall for a moment. Her huge and hasty strides show excitement that even her manager is happy for her to finally break-free from the suffocating party though it’s just for a minute. He has been always with Chaeyoung that he can tell that her family is indeed her escape route from her career’s pressure and definitely her happy pills.

 

At the back of the hall where only a few people are passing by, there Chaeyoung found her family patiently waiting for her. She’s been smiling, laughing and sharing long talks with people she don’t know, celebrities she’s not close with. And this smile she’s having right now is the first genuine one for today, aside from the glee she has with her successful album, as she’s finally reunited with her family once again.

 

“Jennie! Ella!” Chaeyoung eagerly jogged towards them as she called out their names.

 

If Ella is a princess, then here comes the queen. Jennie was stunned of this goddess approaching them as if she came straight down from the heaven. She wears a floral dress, conservative yet her iness screams loud with how the dress perfectly fits her curves, her flawless lines and completed an innocent yet luxurious look with her braided hair and angelic-like make-up.

 

Her posture in her high heels also awed Jennie. She’s always seen her using sneakers, sometimes just her sandals throughout her album preparations and it’s only today she’s personally seeing her being totally elegant, before her two heart eyes she’s witnessing Chaeyoung’s greatness physically, the whole musician Park Chaeyoung that the world loves.

 

“You made it.” Chaeyoung approached them beaming huge.

 

“You look… different.” Jennie commented letting out a nervous laugh.

 

Chaeyoung creases her eyebrows, “What do you mean I look different? Do I look bad?”

 

“No, I mean… you look beautiful. Well, you always do but you just feel a lot different tonight. I’ve seen you this stylish and well-dressed on magazines and shows but to see it with my own eyes, you look a lot more beautiful.” Jennie highly complimented, checking Chaeyoung out from head to toe.

 

“R-Really… thanks.” Chaeyoung shyly scratched her reddening cheeks.

 

“Anyway, congratulations!” Jennie carelessly squealed that she got some eyes from people around.

 

She was about to jump on Chaeyoung for a hug, which she thought the musician would love to reciprocate like she always does. However, Chaeyoung unexpectedly stepped back and stopped Jennie from approaching any inch closer to her which somehow gained a disappointed look from the nanny whose chest somewhat ached at the action.

 

“Sorry, as much as I want to hug you right now… well…” Chaeyoung apologetically smiled and hinted Jennie about the people around them by eyeing everywhere.

 

Jennie later realized there are indeed people passing back and forth around, though there are only a few. She can even name some of these people walking around as they are known public figures and surely, Chaeyoung being the main person for the night would gain eyes from just merely talking to someone like her.

 

Jennie knew what she meant and laughs out her discontent, rustling, “Oh yeah! I’m so sorry! I’m so dumb! I should have known. Sorry I got careless right there. I just got excited.”

 

“Maybe later when no one’s around?” Chaeyoung winked and Jennie blushed.

 

Ella has been there the whole time yet ignored, hence she tugs Chaeyoung’s dress, pouting, “Unnie, you’re starting to forget me. I know you’re excited to see Jennie-unnie wearing that Chanel dress you gave but I’m also here you know…”

 

Chaeyoung laughs and kneels down to hug her, “Of course I’m not forgetting you, sweetie. You look so beautiful today. Did your Jennie-unnie fix you?”

 

“Yes she did! And oh! Congratulations unnie! I heard all of your songs in your album and it’s incredible! Dad in the heaven is surely proud of you.” Ella made these quiet claps for her unnie, constraining her squeals.

 

“I’m sure he is and I’ll sing to him soon too, okay?” Chaeyoung patted her head.

 

“I’m sorry to cut this off Chaeyoung but we have to go back inside. The guests are looking for you and the executives might find out you’re here. There might be an issue if you stay here longer.” The manager had to warn.

 

“Yeah. We’ll go back inside.”

 

However, the manager has to regrettably inform as well, glowering as it’s also against his will, “By the way, though it’s safe inside and the media are blocked outside, only Ella is allowed to tag along with you to greet the guests. Jennie has to stay back.”

 

Which instantly upsets Chaeyoung, “And why is that? That’s unfair!”

 

“It’s an order from the higher-ups. I’m sorry Chaeyoung. If I were to decide, I wouldn’t mind if you bring Jennie with you too when you greet people in there since I know she’s also important to you but technically… about that…” The manager paused, hesitant to go on as Jennie stood there in downhearted.

 

“Technically, I’m just a nanny, right? And as a nanny it’s inappropriate to be tailing the star of the night.” Jennie finished it for him though it triggered her emotions.

 

Chaeyoung intently eyed on her as she didn’t like the sound of it, “Hey! Don’t say that!”

 

“But it’s true.” Jennie scowled.

 

“That’s exactly what the higher-ups said, Chaeyoung. Jennie shouldn’t be walking with you at the party. She’s ordered to step aside and don’t bother unless she’s needed to do her job as Ella’s nanny.” The manager confirmed with so much weight on his chest.

 

First, Jennie was declined for a simple embrace. Second, she’s being neglected. Jennie didn’t see this coming. All she had thought was she can enjoy this party as much as anyone else does. Most importantly, be at Chaeyoung’s side during this time of her success. And because she got it all wrong, there’s nothing she can do but to hear her heart cracking slowly and let this fact sink in.

 

“She’s just going to stand beside me and Ella. It doesn’t make sense to isolate her from us.” Chaeyoung defended.

 

And Ella also follows, “Right! What if I tell you that I need my nannie-unnie all the time beside me? Will you let her stick with us?”

 

Jennie felt a little better to hear the two standing her side, nonetheless, she stepped forward and decided herself, “Chaeyoung, Ella… it’s okay. I’ll stay back. I’ll just stand at a corner and watch the two of you. Give me a sign if there’s anything you need or simply send me a message and that’s only when I’ll come, okay?”

 

“But unnie…” Ella frowned.

 

“Enjoy this night and stop sulking over this simple thing, Ella. Remember, this is for your Chaeng-unnie so don’t worry about me. C’mon, smile.” Jennie encouraged by flashing a smile for her instead.

 

Chaeyoung is itching to hold her, grasp those cold hands to comfort her and if possible, to even kiss her to take away her apparent disappointment but with these eagle eyes all over them, it gave her so much pressure she ended up doing nothing but to watch Jennie comforting Ella with the very best she can.

 

And all she can do is to give her a repentant look, murmuring, “I’m sorry. I didn’t know it’s going to be like this. I swear, I really want you to be with us.”

 

“I said it’s okay. I understand the situation. Moreover, imagine what your friends and guests would think if there’s a nanny tailing you and Ella, right? Your image will get tainted and I don’t want that to happen. So, go back before your boss pulls you in there.” Jennie beamed so wide to cover the heaviness she’s carrying.

 

“My phone is always on. Call me if there’s anything. I’ll come back to you right away.” Chaeyoung settled.

 

As ordered, Chaeyoung and Ella went ahead, back inside the party and showed before everyone else while Jennie counted long minutes before she decided to go inside as well, going straight to a corner where the guests wouldn’t even see a shadow of her. And as expected, Ella’s loveliness immediately attracted everyone, all dashing towards her for a talk and complimenting her.

 

Jennie watched Ella like a proud mother to her daughter being complimented, clapping her hands lightly as she can see Ella being able to return responses to them very well though she can hear none of it. Leaning against a wall, behind the bartenders serving drinks for the adults

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter