Chapter 11 : Growing Bonds

Nannie's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 11 Growing Bonds

 

“Have you made it to work?”

 

“I just arrived. I’m going up to the recording studio.”

 

“Don’t forget to eat the sandwich I made for you and share it to the other staffs too.”

 

“I will. Thanks for being there and take care of Ella for me.”

 

“Don’t worry. Everything’s well-prepared.”

 

“Good. You can always reach out to me if there’s anything.”

 

“Sure boss. I’ll be with Jisoo-unnie for a while.”

 

“Take care, Nannie~”

 

These are the fast exchange of messages between Jennie and Chaeyoung as the latter is energetic and evidently high-spirited going to her first day of work since she was caught into fever. During those days Chaeyoung couldn’t do so much but to obey and follow all the doctor’s orders to get a complete rest, she has gotten so much closer to Jennie as she was able to spend more time with her, together with Ella, than before.

 

“You look like someone who didn’t come from being sick.” The manager teased as Chaeyoung entered the recording studio, full of smiles as she’s staring at her phone.

 

“Jennie Kim must have been a good caretaker, huh?” The staffs hooted and the teases spread fast as everyone started to join in with the chants for the embarrassed Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung was taken off-guard from their unexpected kind of morning greeting. They immediately knew the source of this good vibe she’s emitting on a broad daylight. She can deny if she wants to but the bad thing is that her blushes and her crooked smile gave it all away, almost admitting that they are right even without confirming anything.

 

She just placed the bag that Jennie prepared as she offers, boasting to every person in the place, “Guys, Jennie made sandwiches for everyone since we’ll be wrapping up the songs today and to commemorate this day. She’s amazing, isn’t she?”

 

While the hungry staffs are feasting on the sandwiches that Chaeyoung almost couldn’t save one for herself, the manager approached her and conveys, “We will be wrapping up your album songs today and it won’t take that long because you managed to perfect some already. We’ll immediately start shooting your photos for your album and music video once everything’s clear and prepared. Then we’ll proceed to releasing your teasers one by one and definitely, you’ll be fully-booked, more during your promotion period.”

 

“I know. The director already told me.” Chaeyoung sighed for she is aware of the consequences of her upcoming tighter schedules.

 

“What I’m saying is that you won’t be doing too much today. After cleaning up your songs, you’re advised to rest and get in best shape for your photoshoot so most probably, you’ll be sent back home early today and so you can regain back your full strength too.” The manager gladly informed.

 

Which brought a huge smile out of the musician’s lips, “Really?”

 

“You would love to spend some quality time with the nanny, right?” The manager winked and Chaeyoung was rattled. “C’mon, don’t be shy around me. Jennie took care of you and who wouldn’t love to pay back her hard work with some quality time, right? If I have a maid at home who does their jobs extraordinary I would love to treat them with something too.” He added.

 

Chaeyoung acknowledges as her thrilled smile is put back on her lips, “You’re right. She never left my side when I couldn’t do anything to help myself. She doesn’t even have time for herself anymore because of us. Sometimes I feel bad too that I have to make her work nonstop. Though I ask her to rest, she just keeps on working and I can’t do anything to stop her. I would really love to give something in return.”

 

“Treat her for some nice dinner or something that will move her. Jennie deserves that. Show your gratitude towards her at least. You won’t have anything much to do here anyway but to sit and listen most of the times. Make use of your time to plan something out with her.” The manager advised before joining the other staffs in enjoying those sandwiches Jennie made for them.

 

Show a gratitude towards Jennie, sounds easy but for Chaeyoung is must be quite difficult. Jennie is a simple woman. Give her a candy and she’ll cherish it. Just smile at her and she’ll smile back wider. Give her a hug and she’ll be thankful for it forever. She’s indeed simple but that what’s make it tough for Chaeyoung to decide as there are various ways to make Jennie happy within the day, that there are millions of choices to choose from.

 

As Chaeyoung thinks of her, Jennie thinks the same as she’s in her mind while casually hanging out with her best friend. It’s always been this way since Jennie reconciled with Chaeyoung. She spaces out. She oddly grins on her phone while messaging her. She’s physically here but mentally with Chaeyoung. Jisoo has been hanging out with this same Jennie in the past days, weeks, and she cannot overlook it for her best friend is too obvious in the first place.

 

“Are you sure it’s safe for you to be hanging around during your work?” Jisoo asked and she had to snatch Jennie’s phone away from her so she could talk to her properly while they eat their favorite street foods.

 

“I’m done with my house works anyway and Chaeyoung told me I can catch a break once in a while as long as I’ve finished everything. All that’s left is to wait for Ella’s class to be done so I can go back and cook dinner for them again. It’s almost the same routine every single day.” Jennie beamed as if everything she had said is easy to be done.

 

Jisoo raises an eyebrow, “Them? But you only signed a contract that you’ll only work for Ella. So why bother to work for Chaeyoung? I thought you only agreed to take care of her for a week because she was sick and Ella doesn’t know what to do.”

 

And Jennie is quick to defend, “It’s just the same unnie. Though I once thought it would be easy to focus on Ella only, it’s never been actually like that. If I look after Ella, then I have to watch over Chaeyoung too like they come in a package and moreover, Ella asks me to take care of Chaeyoung every day too so I have to follow in the end. Ella’s orders are my job to do.”

 

“You should request for a higher salary then since Chaeyoung has been making you work for her too.” Jisoo demanded.

 

“Chaeyoung has done so much for me. I can’t possibly ask her for more, especially money. Besides, the salary is more than enough for me to pay my debts and I can even set aside some few for myself.” Jennie reasoned out.

 

Just then, Jennie’s phone vibrated against Jisoo’s tight grip and so she reads it aloud for her best friend, “Come here in the company as soon as possible. There’s something I want to show you. Make sure you’ll come alone because it’s confidential.”

 

Jennie snatched back her phone and blushed as Jisoo gave her a suspicious glare. “Unnie, stop giving me that look.” She pouted and tapped a reply to Chaeyoung which she didn’t let her see anymore.

 

“Are you sure you’re still doing this because it’s your job? Are you sure it’s not something else?” Jisoo questioned closely, crossing her arms and tapped her foot as she demands for a straight answer.

 

Yet Jennie couldn’t do so. She gets nervous and uneasy on her chest whenever she’s asked such thing. She can only give an awkward excuse, returning an awkward laugh, “What do you mean something else? Of course, I’m doing it because it’s my job, what else? You know that I’m always passionate when it comes to my job unnie.”

 

“And you’re leaving me again for your so-called job with Chaeyoung?” Jisoo played sulking and Jennie regrettably nodded. “Chaeyoung sure is making you work a lot, huh? Tell me if she’s overworking you.” She then sighed, having no other choice but to let her best friend go as she gave her a tight hug.

 

“Sorry unnie. Don’t worry, I’ll try to ask for a leave from Chaeyoung so we can catch up well.” Jennie said apologetic before she let go.

 

And before Jennie could drift away and be out of her sight, Jisoo shouts at her, “It’s alright to fall, Jennie! Just be careful!”

 

Jennie looks back, furrowing her eyebrows as she shouts from afar in return, “I know I’ve been clumsy these days because of my headache but I’ve always been careful unnie!”

 

“Well, that’s not what I mean…” Jisoo helplessly chuckled and just let Jennie go off her way.

 

As ordered, Jennie went to the company using the authorized personnel’s door at the back, thanks to Chaeyoung’s orders. With these talents walking around and staffs that look so professional, Jennie is feeling so small mending with them in the lobby as she waits. Even having these thoughts that she might be smelly in her working outfit, she could only isolate herself by standing farther from everyone else.

 

While she patiently waits for Chaeyoung to come down and get her, coming out from the elevator is that man she never wished to see on this day, Chanyeol. He’s with his team as they parade out and the female staffs got all their eyes in heart-shaped as he waves at them, definitely a fan service. For Jennie never planned to see him in the first place, she cut off her gazes on him and pretends idle in her stand.

 

“Move. You’re in the way!” Chanyeol’s guard shoved the inattentive Jennie out of their artist’s wide path, causing Jennie to stumble on the floor and that force snapped a severe headache that made her clench her teeth for a second.

 

Jennie, from the floor, she argues to the idol’s bodyguard who pushed her and points at the huge space around them, “Hey! The lobby is too wide for you to walk on! Why do you need to push me like that? Are you blind?”

 

“Who are you to talk back like that?” The bodyguard yelled down at her while the idol said none, merely watching the scene unfold in front him, likewise for the staffs around who are doing nothing to recognize the wrongdoings of the guard.

 

“She’s my special visitor, do you have a problem with that?”

 

Chaeyoung was seen approaching with her deadliest glare towards the bodyguard and carefully pulled Jennie up from the cold floor. Having to witness Jennie being mistreated, it boiled her blood and if only no one is around she wouldn’t hold back to throw a slap into the bodyguard’s face, even more disappointed with Chanyeol who just stood there for he is afraid to damage his image.

 

“Oh, I should have known.” Chanyeol acted gentleman using his charismatic smile that won’t sway Jennie at all. “My deepest apologies for such a rude act from my guard. We’ll be careful next time.” He said, extending his hand for a handshake.

 

Jennie took it though half-hearted, not wanting any more issue that’s being seen by many. “It’s alright.” She forced herself to utter.

 

“No, it’s not alright.” Chaeyoung however argued which gained a surprise stare from the men, holding Jennie’s hand to show whose side she’s taking on. “I saw what happened. I heard what your bodyguard said. Nothing’s alright with it. You’re not in your territory and even if you are, who are you to push someone who isn’t even doing anything wrong and not in any way harming any of you? As far as my clear eyes can see, the lobby is too wide for you to walk on all the way back to your car. Was pushing her necessary?” She went on ranting, not caring how many eyes she earned from these outbursts.

 

Jennie slightly pulled her back as Chaeyoung may throw a fist anytime soon if she won’t stop her, the darkening expression says it all. “Chaeyoung, stop it. Let’s not make it bigger. A lot of your staffs and trainees are watching. It might affect your work with Chanyeol too.” Jennie hissed close to her ears and tightened their clasped hands to calm her down.

 

The gentleman Chanyeol bowed down, “I’ll make sure to take the needed measures on this incident. I’m sorry for the trouble…” Then he takes a glimpse of Chaeyoung’s hand, with her thumb caressing Jennie’s hand, as he continues, “…I’ll definitely make it up to your special guest right here.”

 

“You don’t have to. She hates you anyway.” Chaeyoung mumbled to no one but enough for Jennie to hear, who snorted at her childish remark.

 

“You don’t really have to. I’m good and let’s not make this any bigger anymore.” Jennie voiced it out loud. “I hope everything goes well with your cameo on Chaeyoung’s music video. I’ll be looking forward to it too.” She politely lowered down her head to end this small commotion that almost turned huge.

 

The man excused himself, with Chaeyoung throwing the last death glare on the bodyguard as he still had the guts to give Jennie a gaze from head to toe. If this happened just outside the building, paparazzi and stalkers hiding on plant boxes would have documented everything. Chaeyoung is lucky this happened inside the building where only authorized staffs and trainees are around.

 

“Are you alright? Did you scrap your knees? Does it hurt somewhere?” Chaeyoung asked nonstop without letting go of Jennie’s hand, checking her out for possible injuries.

 

Jennie blushed as she found some staffs eyeing on them, some smirking and some gossiping already at how Chaeyoung worries for her. “C-Chaeyoung… people are watching. And I’m okay. Don’t worry. Let’s just get out of here.” She then whispered shy and as she tried to take her hand back, the grip only got tighter as Chaeyoung refused to let go.

 

“Then come with me. I called you to come here because I want to show you the recording studio where I work almost every day. I got the permission of the higher-ups so it’s alright.” The excited Chaeyoung grinned.

 

Chaeyoung pulled Jennie with her without letting the latter say anything more, dragging her out of eagerness. Jennie is unsure whether Chaeyoung is unconscious and unaware that their hands are intertwined or she really doesn’t want to let her go. Nevertheless, Jennie won’t back out of this intimacy, rather she would love to have their hands clasped longer as her warmth feels good.

 

They passed by a lot of staffs and even other famous artists signed under the same company, yet Chaeyoung has Jennie’s hand on hers as she greets everyone. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter