Chapter 10 : Musician's Nanny

Nannie's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10 Musician’s Nanny

 

After a long week, Jennie is finally getting her deserved day-off. The whole week was a rollercoaster living with Ella who is so demanding, not because she hates her but because she loves being around her nanny so much and with Chaeyoung whom she barely sees because of her schedules that are getting a lot more hectic and busier than ever she only sleeps for few hours at night.

 

Yes, it’s her day-off, yet her mind is glued to those two she would space out once in a while despite being with her loudest and only best friend. Jisoo talks and tells her stories while they roam around the city but her mind is flying off somewhere. In every shop they pass by, she would remember the last time she hanged out with Ella. In every intersection, she would see Chaeyoung’s advertisements that would make her smile.

 

“I miss them…” Jennie found herself sighing and unconsciously said her thoughts out loud that Jisoo paused from talking more.

 

As her best friend suddenly made a stop before they cross the crowded streets, Jisoo notes, looking at Jennie sympathetic, “You’ve grown to be attached to them, huh?”

 

“They’ve been nice and kind to me after Chaeyoung and I started to get along well. There are only two of them in that expansive condominium but it feels like it’s filled with so much happiness. Chaeyoung is always out but as soon as she comes back home, everything’s just… so bright.” Jennie confessed helplessly as she cannot carry this burden all to herself.

 

They continue to walk and the topic shifted to Jennie’s inner troubles. “It can’t be help. I kind of knew you’d feel close by heart with them since your job kind of requires that feeling. You’re with them all the time and you keep an eye to Ella until she falls asleep at night. She’s been a sweet girl too and I cannot blame you if you feel like that.” She further empathized.

 

“It always makes me anxious when I leave them alone every Sundays. I told Ella to send me a message as soon as she wakes up but until now, I haven’t received any. Even Chaeyoung hasn’t responded when I asked her how Ella is. I don’t know if I’m just being hysteric or what…” Jennie droned.

 

“Relax. It’s Sunday and they might be still sleeping you know.” Jisoo can only stretch a forced smile for her best friend to ease her apprehensions.

 

This didn’t help Jennie at all for she couldn’t stop checking her phone until they reached their destination. Parked from across the street, at the side of a building where a few are only passing by, there Lisa waits for them inside her sports car. The supermodel has always been excited to see them again, especially meeting Jennie again who saw her waving her hand from inside the car.

 

“There she is.” Jisoo pointed at Lisa’s sports car and also waved her hand as they jog towards her.

 

Lisa just came back from her overseas schedule after a long while. She has been constantly in contact with Jennie but it’s only today they’ll be seeing each other again. While Lisa feels eager, Jennie isn’t as much, feeling ordinary and not at the same level as Lisa’s eagerness. She smiles but forced for she cannot take off her mind from Ella and Chaeyoung.

 

Few meters away and Jennie was halted when her phone rings aloud. Her strides immediately stopped and quickly picks up the call coming from Ella, “Good morning Ella!” She happily greeted but she was returned with faint sobs and weak cries. “Hey, what’s wrong?” She grew in horror then Jisoo also stopped to check.

 

“Unnie, help me. I don’t know what to do.” Ella sobbed hard.

 

“Why, what happened? Why are you crying? Tell me.” Jennie began to be frantic in her stand and so is Jisoo as they let the curious Lisa wait inside her car for longer.

 

Ella cries harder, “Chaeng-unnie is sick. She has a high fever and she cannot move at all. I don’t know what to do.”

 

Jennie gasped but she ensures not to let Ella know how she was shaken by this so the young girl wouldn’t feel worse. Instead, Jennie recomposed herself and tells the girl coolly, “Listen to me. Calm down, okay? Call Chaeyoung’s manager first and tell him about Chaeyoung’s condition. You can ask help from him.”

 

“Unnie, please come here. We need you.”  

 

Jennie looked at her best friend as if she’s asking permission to go through her pleading eyes and put Ella on hold. Without any more talks, Jisoo urges her, “You should go. They need you more than we do. Besides, you’ll be restless anyway if you don’t go and you’ll end up bothered while hanging out with us. I’ll explain everything to Lisa so don’t worry. They’re important to you and don’t leave them alone.”

 

“Sorry, unnie. I’ll catch up next time. Tell Lisa I’m sorry too. I’ll call her later on.” Jennie held fast and with one last glance to Lisa from afar, she ran fast going to the opposite way. And while she runs, she goes back to Ella on the phone granting her wish, “I’ll be there shortly. Call her manager for now and I’ll join you.”

 

Jisoo went to meet Lisa alone and as she entered the car and occupied the passenger’s seat, she was immediately grilled by the confused Lisa, “Where is Jennie going?”

 

“There’s an emergency. Ella called and it seems like Chaeyoung is sick. The girl is panicking and she doesn’t know what to do so Jennie went off her way. She said she’ll try to call you later on. Sorry if it’s too sudden.” Jisoo explained while they watched Jennie disappear through the streets.

 

And Lisa grimaced, “Chaeyoung has been overworking herself and she has been restless lately for her comeback album. It’s no surprise that she fell sick. That woman sure cannot be stopped when it comes to her passion.”

 

“Do you want to go and visit? We can follow Jennie.” Jisoo suggested as worry is written on Lisa’s face for Chaeyoung is her best friend before anything else.

 

Yet Lisa declines calm, “Let’s leave everything to Jennie this time. It was her that Ella called for help and I’m sure Jennie wouldn’t leave my best friend alone, especially Ella. Besides, Chaeyoung might be more stressed out if she sees a lot of people in her personal space. Moreover, I trust Jennie. She’s always been a hard-worker and passionate with her job. I’m confident she can take care of Chaeyoung.”

 

“You sure admire Jennie a lot.” Jisoo remarked as she teased Lisa who was speechless. “Well, who wouldn’t?” She then thought and kept her silence as Lisa drove away with her.

 

Ella did as what’s instructed to her. She called the manager crying and in no time, he arrived with Chaeyoung’s private doctor. The musician is plastered in her bed and this is how Ella found her, breathing hard and pale under her blankets. They were supposed to go out and spend their usual Sunday together but Chaeyoung never responded, thus Ella raided her room and found her in such condition.

 

The doctor does what he must, checking Chaeyoung thoroughly while the manager and Ella waits just outside her room in front of her door. Chaeyoung cannot even afford to utter a word, covered in sweat and too fragile and weak in her bed. Seeing her in such condition, Ella cannot ease her cries as it only goes harder.

 

The front door banged loud and Jennie was heard rushing in, panting, “Ella? I’m here!”

 

Jennie was welcomed by the sobbing Ella and immediately wrapped her around for an embrace. “Unnie!” She kept crying and the nanny gently caressed her back to calm her.

 

“Don’t cry sweetie. I’m here. I’ll be here. I won’t leave. We’ll take care of your Chaeng-unnie, okay?” Jennie assured as she cupped her wet face.

 

Later, the doctor came out of Chaeyoung’s room and was asked by the manager right away, “How’s Chaeyoung?”

 

“She has high fever and she’s undeniably weak right now. I already administered the needed medicines but that doesn’t mean that her fever will instantly disappear. She has to be watched throughout the day and assist her in giving the medicines on time and check her temperature. We have to be careful of what she eats too because she might be sensitive and won’t have much appetite.” The doctor enlightened.

 

Jennie however doubted, “Doesn’t she need to go to the hospital?”

 

“I want to but we cannot.” The manager unfortunately said and got a questioning look from Jennie. “Her comeback is near and if nosy people see her being rushed to the hospital, it will spark rumors, debates and articles that aren’t needed. As much as I also want to put her to the hospital so she can be monitored all day and all night, the company insisted on keeping her here.” He gritted his frustrations.

 

But the doctor also assures as Jennie grew concerned, “Don’t worry. Chaeyoung’s life is way too far from danger. She got her fever from over fatigue and lack of sleep, plus she got caught up with the weather. It’s expected that her body would collapse and her health would drop since she has that kind of lifestyle. All that Chaeyoung needs right now is utmost care and I believe any of you can do that.”

 

“Jennie, I’m sorry to ask you when you’re on your day-off but can you take care of her? We’ll give you an overtime pay for this and incentives if you demand some. Just make sure too that this information won’t go out to the public.” The manager pleaded as he clasped his hands.

 

Without hesitations, Jennie accepts whole-hearted, “I’ll handle everything here. Leaver her to me. I’ll update you from time to time as well.”

 

“Good. Please don’t stress her out and give her complete bed rest for at least a week. She should take a leave from work temporarily until she’s fully recovered. Call me if in any case she gets worse within twenty-four hours or if there are improvements so I can follow-up and I’ll come right away.” The doctor advised.

 

He was dismissed as soon as he gave Jennie the entire instruction. The manager also took his leave right after he recapped her of all the necessary reminders that need to be done. All that are left are the frantic Ella whose tears are still dropping and the responsible Jennie who is about to face a Sunday with obligations she has to carry all by herself on her shoulders.

 

“Can I go inside Chaeyoung’s room?” Jennie asked the sobbing Ella in front of Chaeyoung’s door.

 

“Of course, unnie. You can and please do so. Please look after Chaeng-unnie and don’t mind me. I’m okay. I can take care of myself.” Ella nodded rapidly and even pushed Jennie inside Chaeyoung’s room.

 

Jennie carefully stepped inside Chaeyoung’s room for the first time ever. It’s not as expensive as she thought it would be and even Ella’s room looks bigger if she has to compare. There are lots of pinks, her baby pink curtains, her hot pink single bed, her carnation pink pillows and her room slippers are French rose and only her carpet is colored black.

 

Chaeyoung is well-organized as her used clothes are all placed neatly in her basket at the corner near her bathroom. Her drawers and cabinets are all closed. Her dresser is well-ordered and her floor is shined that Jennie almost slipped on her very first step inside. “Well, she’s a musician with careful hands. Why did I even think her room would be a mess?” She protested to herself.

 

“You know I’m awake and I can hear you, right?” The feeble Chaeyoung coughed and with her half-lidded eyes she glared at Jennie stepping inside.

 

Jennie walked towards her, and checked her forehead that’s burning only to scold her like a little hard-headed girl, “You’ve been working too hard that you forgot to take care of yourself. Look what happened to you.”

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t say more and surrendered into Jennie’s gentle touches as she cannot battle against her condition on her own, letting her check her body temperature. It’s difficult for her to be even moving her arms and her entire body feels so heavy and at the same time she’s on fire. She’s basically helpless on her own and if Jennie isn’t around, Ella would have been suffering because of her.

 

“Why are you here? It’s your day off.” Chaeyoung mumbled while following Jennie’s moves with her eyes around the room, freely grabbing some towels she searched from drawers and even accidentally opening that one drawer where she’s keeping all her underwear. “H-Hey… not there.” She blushed when she knew Jennie saw all of her sensitive pieces of clothing.

 

Jennie cared not to be bothered by anything, not even minding if she saw Chaeyoung’s branded and bras inside her drawers as her worries and concerns for her are greater than anything else. “Ella called me. She was crying and she doesn’t know what to do on her own. Your company don’t want us to put you to the hospital and your manager asked me to take care of you too. Of course, I have overtime pay for this.”

 

“You’re here because you’re paid?” Chaeyoung felt disappointed and felt like she could burn even more in fever.

 

But Jennie clarifies as she sits on her bedside, staring down at her, “I’ll do this even without salary because I just want to. And now shut up and stay there. Patient should stay quiet until further notice.”

 

Chaeyoung obediently nodded as she knows it herself that it’s impossible for her to be even starting an argument that will go to nowhere. She cannot shift positions without anyone’s help. Her body is too jelly to aid herself. Thus, Jennie is ultimately needed at this most vulnerable time and Chaeyoung is more than glad someone like her came to rescue her helpless self.

 

“Unnie, are you alright?” Ella, from the room’s door, she sadly stared at Chaeyoung stuck in her bed.

 

Jennie, coming out from Chaeyoung’s personal bathroom with a basin and wet towels, she warns the young girl, “Ella, your Chaeng-unnie is having a high fever and you shouldn’t come in here. Let me handle everything and wait for me in the living room. I’ll start cooking for your lunch after I’m done here.”

 

Ella obeyed and quietly went to the living room while Chaeyoung is being taken care of by her nanny. Jennie placed the wet folded towel on Chaeyoung’s forehead, the traditional way of cooling a fever rather than using those trendy patches. The other wet towel, she used it to lightly wipe Chaeyoung’s sweaty neck, down to her shoulders and arms to freshen her up before putting back the thin blanket up to her chest.

 

“Will you be staying?” Chaeyoung asked breathless with her eyes shut closed due to the burning pain in her head.

 

“Of course.” Jennie answered short so Chaeyoung wouldn’t have to talk more.

 

Jennie does her responsibilities that aren’t hers without complains and without uttering a single nag despite the stress that’s also hitting her. Her head is also ringing in pain, a migraine in the middle of work yet she tried to ignore it and keep on going. She prepares everything that Ella needs though the latter is also giving her a hand to lighten her work, then she runs back to Chaeyoung to occasionally check her.

 

Jennie is multi-tasking nonstop until the night came and she hasn’t found a single second to rest, even forgetting to eat her meals as long as she was able to cook porridge for Chaeyoung which ended up being untouched for the sick is still down and Ella’s favorite meals to relax her and ease her from worries. Jennie guaranteed that all is organized and didn’t miss any of her obligations, all on her day-off.

 

“Jennie-unnie…” Ella approached Jennie who is busy washing the dishes and cleaning the sink.

 

Jennie tilted her head back and found Ella in her pajamas, ready to sleep. “Why are you still awake? It’s almost midnight and you should go to bed now. You have school tomorrow.” She reminded.

 

“I’m sorry for ruining your day-off.” Ella frowned as she’s guilty of taking away Jennie’s free day from all of her responsibilities. “You’ve been working nonstop since I called you. Please don’t get sick too and take a rest when you need it too.” She added.

 

Jennie couldn’t look back at her for she has to keep an eye to the plates piling up but she utters her sincere reply, “You and Chaeyoung shouldn’t be really apologizing. I had the choice to decline but here I am, doing it, because for me, the two of you are special. There’s no doubt to that.”

 

“We’re special?” Ella wondered for she doesn’t know what Jennie meant.

 

“The two of you has a special place in my heart and I will do everything for the two of you, as your nanny and as Chaeyoung’s nanny for today and following days too.” Jennie beamed at the young girl to comfort her troubles.

 

Chaeyoung, for her room’s door is open, she faintly heard their exchange of words and share of good night for each other. As she forced to open her flaming eyes, she was able to glance a bit of how Ella happily ran towards her room, smiling ear-to-ear as she’s thrilled of what Jennie told her, that she’s special. Chaeyoung never thought it would cross her mind that she wishes she joined them for a good night hug.

 

Jennie came in holding new glass of water and medicines which she temporarily placed on her bedside table so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter