Chapter 16 : Overwhelming Emotions

Nannie's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This might be a spoiler but let this serve as a warning before you go on reading. There's a scene that's not suitable for very young readers. Parental Guidance is advised. Lol. But kidding aside, this chapter is R-15, maybe? Or R-16... 

If you feel uncomfortable, you can skip that part. To be fair, it's NOT an overly explicit scene.  

===============================

Chapter 16 Overwhelming Emotions

 

“You’ll have your magazine photoshoot featuring Chanyeol. After that, you’ll go straight a music show recording then you’ll guest for a radio show and last for today you’ll have an interview for an international journal. Also, your request for a day-off on Sunday, it wasn’t granted. You’ll be performing live and that’s the only schedule you have on that day.”

 

The assistant recited all of Chaeyoung’s schedule for the day. It sounded easy but it’s exhausting and absolutely jam-packed considering the time allotted for each schedule. Even so, Chaeyoung heard none of this information as her mind is out of the car’s windows, thoughts out of her career and heart is nowhere to be found for her work.

 

“Did you hear me?” The assistant seated next to the driver, Chaeyoung’s manager, asked as she snapped her fingers in front of the musician who has been bothered.

 

Chaeyoung grunted as she turned her back on them, facing the windows and she simply answers, “I did.”

 

“By the way…” The assistant still decided to go on. “About your argument with Lisa during your comeback party, it leaked to the public though it was just spread as a rumor and no one is really taking it seriously.”

 

“Who leaked it? There were no media inside the venue that day.” The alarmed manager asked.

 

“Perhaps an insider staff who saw them having argument at a corner?” The assistant assumed. “We’re lucky no one got a video of it or else we’re about to handle some issues here.” She continued.

 

As the traffic light turned red, the manager turned to ask the inattentive musician, “I noticed you’ve been recently not in good terms with your best friend. What’s up with the two of you? I’ve known the two of you always being goofy when together and you always laugh when she’s around. Is there something going on? Why were you arguing during the party anyway? You used not to be like that.”

 

Chaeyoung and Lisa are inseparable and the world knows that as they have witnessed how their best friendship grew in front of the camera, though no one knows what goes on off the camera. Until Jennie happened and their friendship started to get shaken as they both feel the same for this one woman that caught their heart.

 

“Just some personal matters I do not wish to discuss. It’s not really that serious too.” Chaeyoung coldly responded late.

 

Chaeyoung is seemingly in bad mood, hence they let her be on her own by the backseat, no more words to tell her but silence to give her comfort. She has been holding onto the beaded necklace that Jennie never got a chance to give her. Her mind is off way back home where Jennie and Ella are, where her heart is. For she left home and has been away for days without settling things well with Jennie, it’s greatly affecting her at this moment.

 

“Ella went off to school and she’ll be back late afternoon. She said she has a school activity to attend.”

 

This is the only message that Jennie has sent so far, formal and distant in its tone which gave a heavier burden to carry for Chaeyoung. Jennie has been acting the same since the party, aloof and monotonous. Their conversations are limited and the last time Chaeyoung went back home for a short minute, Jennie never dared to look at her in the eyes and the embrace Chaeyoung gave was never returned.

 

“I really hurt her…” Chaeyoung sighed to herself and later groaned loud, frustrated over her own actions she never meant to happen that night during the party. 

 

Meanwhile, the left alone nanny finds the empty space of Chaeyoung’s place gloomy and dark. Though she’s often alone from morning to afternoon, the loneliness since Chaeyoung’s comeback happened hits her differently. She waits for no one at night anymore as Chaeyoung either comes back home at dawn or never really comes back for days due to her tight schedules outside of the city.

 

Jennie sat on the couch and let the emptiness sink in while she wanders her eyes around. “It’s almost the same as my apartment block. Empty and sad.” She grimaced and laid her stressed morning body on the couch.

 

It’s on this same couch where she shared her first morning cuddle with Chaeyoung and how much she misses that feeling already. Her gentle touches, her addicting scent, and even her playful tingling kisses at times, Jennie misses all of it and she drowns worse into missing her as she realized they’ve been apart due to her career.

 

“Ah! Jennie! Keep yourself together!” Jennie squished her own cheeks to put the fire back up in her to continue with her day.

 

Later the doorbell rings which forced her to get up from the couch as well. She thought it would be the garbage collector scheduled for today, only to find Lisa in her casual yellow hoodie holding that one rose with a huge grin on her pink glossed lips. It came a surprise for Jennie as she wasn’t expecting her at all, especially on these days Lisa is known to be extremely busy with her own career too.

 

“For the most beautiful nanny.” Lisa greeted, handing the rose to the blushing Jennie.

 

“T-Thanks.” She timidly accepted. “What brings you here? Don’t you have schedules?” She then asked, keeping a good distance between them as she’s reminding herself of how Chaeyoung would fume if she gets near Lisa.

 

“Oh, I cleared my schedules today.” Lisa said confident and gained a questioning look from Jennie. “I just thought a certain woman named Jennie Kim needs me at times like this.”

 

Yet Jennie acts muddled, “What do you mean?”

 

“Jisoo called me.” Lisa disclosed and Jennie’s expression became solemn. “She said you’ve been down and lonely and she feels bad because she cannot come to cheer you up often since she has work in the evening and she sleeps in the morning. I thought, why not me, right? And also, I thought you might need someone to talk with.” She further elaborated.

 

“Ah… well…” Jennie cannot find anything as an excuse because deep down, she also desperately needs someone to lean on, especially when the person she needs the most isn’t around to make her smile.

 

Lisa then offers sincerely, “Do you want to hang out? If you have to do some groceries or shop for Ella’s meals tonight, I can help you out so you won’t get tired too much.”     

 

Jennie contemplated for a while. Chaeyoung will definitely not like the idea of them together while she isn’t around, yet at the same time she badly needs a companion too, particularly now that she easily gets drained mentally and physically. It’s never easy on her, however, she came into a decision that she has to give herself what she needs first.

 

“Okay, but wait a second. I have to call Chaeyoung and tell her you’re coming with me.” Jennie agreed, yet with caution.

 

Lisa jokes, “Chaeyoung is a strict boss, huh?”

 

Jennie excused herself and let Lisa wait by the door. She walked to the balcony, far enough not to be heard as she tries to reach Chaeyoung. After giving few attempts, her calls aren’t being answered and she’s being directed to a voice mail. Expected somehow, but Jennie cannot shrug off a bit of this disappointment she felt of being ignored.

 

“Hi. I’m just calling to tell you that I’ll be going out to shop for Ella’s needs and Lisa is coming with me. She came all the way here and she offered a help so I accepted. That’s all. Take care.” Jennie sent.

 

“Shall we go?” Lisa asked as she saw Jennie hanging up the call.

 

“Yeah…”

 

Chaeyoung’s hands are full and indeed, she wouldn’t get a single chance to get off from working nonstop. From one schedule to another, she isn’t getting a single second of rest, even inside the car as they travel, either she sleeps or checking out what must be done for her next schedule which she has to squeeze in with her time.

 

At noon, she’s fulfilling her magazine photoshoot schedule together with Chanyeol. Keeping in mind the professionalism, she works with him the way it should be, posing with him in front of the camera as instructed. However, not whenever Jennie crosses her mind and she would lose her focus and gets distracted. Her mind turns blank and troubled which results her a bad outcome of her work.

 

“Chaeyoung! Focus!” The photographer scolded as the musician spaced out in the middle of the photoshoot, catching up late with the instructions.

 

“Sorry.” Chaeyoung resumed yet drastically failed again just after few shots made.

 

The disappointed photographer had enough, pausing from taking more photos as Chaeyoung is evidently not with herself anymore. “We can’t go on like this if Chaeyoung isn’t in shape. Let’s take a short break and get some breather.” He decided and so everyone dispersed from the studio.

 

Chaeyoung never disappointed in her entire career, particularly when posing for the camera, and most of all when she’s delivering her best music. This disturbed and troubled musician before their eyes is brand new, a rare sight for her team which alarmed them.

 

“Is everything alright? You seem not to be yourself today.” The concerned Chanyeol tapped her back.

 

Chaeyoung rampantly marched to a side and the manager came rushing with a bottle of water for her. “Yeah. It’s just that…” She just lowered down her head after few gulps.

 

“Is it about Jennie?” The manager guessed and Chaeyoung looked worse at the mention.

 

Chaeyoung sat frustrated, “We’re not in good terms and I left home feeling heavy. I’m not used to this set up with her when she’s too formal. It’s greatly bothering me that we’re like this. I don’t like that she’s avoiding me somehow.”

 

“Give her a call? It won’t hurt if you tell her what you really feel about your situation and that you’re worried, right? Maybe it can make you feel better.” Chanyeol suggested.

 

The manager gave Chaeyoung’s phone at once, however, she ended up being welcomed by a voice mail from Jennie, a call she missed to take. At first, she was excited to hear her voice, not until she listened to the message and her expression darkened that even her manager and Chanyeol stepped back in fear. Her grip tightened that she trembled and her breathes turned heavy and deep in order to control her apprehensions.

 

Nevertheless, Chaeyoung cooled down and let the jealousy subside gradually as she realized, after what she had unintentionally done at the party, for now she got no right to feel jealous or envious at this point. Jennie needed someone and if she cannot be there for her, at least someone else should be rather than being alone and take all the sadness on her own.

 

“Relax Chaeng… They won’t do anything.” Chaeyoung convinced herself, taking few more deep breaths to recollect her lost composure.

 

They noted the great disturbance in her expression; hence the worried manager speaks, “Are you sure you want to continue the photoshoot? We can postpone it some other time if we beg the team and staffs. We might end up hearing some words from the executives though if we do.”

 

Chanyeol grabbed a seat and faced the musician. He stared deeply into her eyes and asks, “What is it that you need right now?”

 

Jennie, that’s all. Chaeyoung needs her badly. Her smiles, her laughter, her sincere care and the way she creates a home for her that no one else could. Basically, Chaeyoung needs Jennie’s beautiful soul, her heart, her entirety. And because she’s been distant and cold, because she caused her tears she couldn’t wipe away, it’s killing her to be this apart from her.

 

And so Chaeyoung honestly replies in short, “I need to go back home.”

 

“Then go.” Chanyeol said straight. “We’ll tell the crew you don’t feel good and that you need to go to the hospital, that’s it. They cannot force you to go on if you say that excuse.” He further uttered when the crew moved farther from them.

 

Chaeyoung glares at him jumbled, “Why are you doing this?”

 

“Well, I don’t want to work with you if you’re like that. The Park Chaeyoung that I want to work with is someone who is focused, oriented and not like this when your mind and heart isn’t here.” Chanyeol coyly expressed.   

 

The manager then also steps forward, “I’ll try to find a way to move your schedules today for next week so you can go back home without being bothered. Our boss might get mad at us but does that matter at this point when you just want to prioritize your family? I got your back. I’ll explain it to them.”

 

“Why…” The overwhelmed Chaeyoung wept.

 

“Think of it as my apology for not being able to do anything useful for you during your comeback party.” The manager warmly smiled. “I’ll drive you back home and you better go get change since the travel will be long.” She was also offered.

 

“Thank you.” Chaeyoung bowed down and rushed back to the dressing room to gather her scattered things, ready to go and leave her work for her family she’s been yearning to be with.

 

The manager then also lowered his head for Chaenyeol’s brave acts and plans. “This means so much for Chaeyoung. Thank you very much for your considerations and understanding.” He sincerely delivered.

 

“Has she always been like that?” The curious Chanyeol wondered.

 

“Truth to be told, she has changed.” The manager disclosed, keeping that same gratified smile. “Ever since she got Ella, her career isn’t her top priority anymore, though she still cares and loves doing it. And now she got Jennie too and suddenly she started talking about family and wanting to be at home with them more. She used to have no one to cherish before, no one to go back home to, maybe that’s why she focused her attention to her career only and no other else. But now, look at her, she looks a lot happier than she had ever been and I honestly want her to stay this way.”

 

“It’s clear to me now why she really does look a lot happier though she’s about to risk her career.” Chanyeol nodded satisfied of what he heard.

 

Chaeyoung came out of the dressing room in her daily outfit, excited and eager to go, and signaled her manager to come along and leave the studio at once, whereas Chanyeol approached the photographer with the crew to inform them of Chaeyoung’s condition, unknown to everyone that it’s a mere lie.

 

On the other hand, it was half past four in the afternoon when Jennie and Lisa finished a nanny’s daily task. Jennie never felt so anxious going on grocery stores before and walking on streets. She got a supermodel with her to carry all the bags and let her hold to none but to her phone. Though Lisa was in a great disguise, the number of suspicious eyes they earned the whole time they were together gave so much restlessness for Jennie.

 

Jennie was able to find peace when they arrived back, finally calling it a day outside. As soon as Lisa dropped the heavy bags on the table, the supermodel asks concerned, “Do you normally carry all these heavy bags every day with no one to help you?”

 

“Not really.” Jennie replied short but then she was reminded of something that brought an automatic grin on her lips, “When I buy this much, Chaeyoung would tag along but we go to a nearby supermarket so we won’t go far that much.”

 

“Oh, I see.” Lisa simply acknowledged.

 

Once the talk about Chaeyoung started, the proud Jennie can only keep on going joyfully, “Chaeyoung really likes the sandwich I make for her that’s why I always buy the things I need to make it. She said it gives her so much energy in between her schedules and she always craves for it. Sometimes when she comes back home she looks for it immediately. Too bad I couldn’t give her one since she hasn’t been home for two days already.”

 

“Well… that’s sad.” Lisa monotonously responded.

 

Jennie paused the moment she realized Lisa turned quiet of their topic and offended as she looks like, “Oh, I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s alright. Chaeng is really appreciative, just like what she’s showing to you.” Lisa rested for a while feeling the heartache of heeding the woman she likes talk about someone else.     

 

Jennie evaded her sad gazes as she turned the other way, facing the sink as she cautiously asks, “How did you become best friends with Chaeyoung by the way? How did you guys start it out?”

 

Lisa leaned against the dining table as she reminisces, “I was already an amateur model when we met and she was also still a trainee back then. We met at an event where our companies introduced us to each other. She was really shy and because I’m outgoing, I forced her to speak more and be confident. Then just like that, we started to get along so well. We know each other in and out. We’re like twins and we agree on most things. We do bicker but on trivial matters then we just laugh about it the next day.”

 

“Oh, it’s just like me and Jisoo-unnie. I was socially awkward but then Jisoo-unn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter