Chapter 14 : Calm Before The Storm

Nannie's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 14 Calm Before The Storm

 

Her lips so soft, her lips so captivating, her kissable lips so heavenly when it molded on hers, how can Jennie take this off her mind? She used to admire Chaeyoung’s lips from afar, sometimes ogling at it whenever they get close, and it enchanted her more than ever when it was casted on her. The experience was dreamlike, and it never left Jennie’s mind, most especially her partying heart on her chest.

 

She had kissed Chaeyoung when she was still a stranger to her, but accidental and she was filled with loathe in the past she never got the chance to appreciate her lips. Those lips that have always been a mystery to her, the taste, the texture, the interest she once had if she captures it, everything happened, she experienced it on an unexpected time and unexpected place. She got the answer to her curiosities.

 

Thinking of this, Jennie spaces out. “Amazing…” She has been repeating the same word and occasionally grins which she restrains by biting her lower lip, even chuckling when the thrill is too much to handle.

 

“Uhm…”

 

Jennie is too absorbed with the experience she’s unintentionally ignoring her best friend right in front of her. She’s at Jisoo’s place spending a free morning, coming from the supermarket. However, as soon as she arrived and was served with her favorite ice cream, she has been out of her mind, physically present but mentally absent.

 

“Jennie, the ice cream is melting.” Jisoo said, tapping the table even but Jennie is still in daze.

 

Jennie has her favorite ice cream dipped on her lips, imagining how Chaeyoung’s lips melted in hers almost the same way. “Ah, she’s… amazing…” She talked to herself, looking up the ceiling that’s blank but seeing Chaeyoung’s face that was full of desire that night.

 

Jisoo had enough. Jennie came to her place just to space out and smile like a creepy old man by herself. “Okay, that’s it.” She went up from her seat and grabbed the coldest water from her fridge and without hesitancies, she poured the whole bottle on Jennie.

 

“Unnie! What are you doing?” Jennie shrieked and jolted up from her seat, finally coming back to the reality and evaded her best friend.

 

Jisoo crossed her arms and tapped her foot as she grilled her, “You came here after doing the groceries for your family. You said you want to talk about something so I gave you ice cream while we supposedly talk but the moment you sat there you’ve been acting weird like you’re out of this world. Is your mind still on vacation or what?”

 

Jennie pouts and freely grabbed Jisoo’s towel from her bathroom to dry herself, “Well, maybe I really am still on vacation.”

 

Now that she has her attention, Jisoo joins her at the table and interrogates closely, “This is about the vacation, isn’t it? You haven’t told me anything yet since you arrived and you were awfully quiet when I called you last night.”

 

“The vacation was fun. Ella had the best time in her life. A lot happened…” Jennie barely voiced out.

 

Jisoo raises an eyebrow as she gains suspicions, “A lot happened. Kindly elaborate that a lot for me because I think that’s what you want to tell me.”

 

Jennie lowered down her head and locked her unsteady gazes on her fingers she’s fidgeting by her lap. She was reluctant at first for she never had this kind of topic before, and never had she tried opening up about a romantic experience for she never had it before, not until Chaeyoung came to her life.

    

“Well…” Jennie breathed deep and heavy and Jisoo tended closer. “You know… I uhh…” She gestured her hands as two people kissing while keeping zipped.

 

“What does that mean?” Jisoo was confused yet Jennie keeps answering her with gestures, even pouting her lips to say it better. “C’mon, Jennie. How am I supposed to know that? You look like crazy right now if you only know.” She grew annoyed as she grumbled.

 

Jennie covered her red face with her hands as she mutters, “Something happened between me and Chaeyoung…”

 

“Something happened… you mean…” Jisoo’s eyebrows creased and seconds later she formed an assumption that her eyes widened and her gasp echoed, “Oh my God Jennie Kim! You mean you had with the Park Chaeyoung? You scored?”

 

“NO!” Jennie roared and smacked her best friend’s arms. “Gosh unnie! It’s not that! I didn’t mean that thing!” She defended herself in a high pitch and reddened even more as Jisoo just gave her another thought to imagine.

 

“Then what?” Jisoo laughed and pushed the disturbed Jennie back to her seat.

 

“We just… kissed… on lips… and it was kind of… well… deep? We made out, in short.” Jennie finally admitted, mumbling as she sank in her seat out of embarrassment.

 

Jisoo grinned so wide, so happy for her best friend which she considers a great achievement in her life. Jennie has always been a conservative woman that she only got her first kiss, her first accidental kiss, with Chaeyoung. She’s a clingy friend and she would always steal kisses on cheeks, but to hear she finally got her lips seized willingly, it’s a great success. 

 

“Congratulations!” Jisoo applauded and thrilled for her, she leaned on the table as she interrogates more, “So, tell me everything. Tell me how you survived the vacation.”

 

It’s her best friend yet it’s tough to explain the experience, what more if it’s just another ordinary friend out there. “We did it on the swimming pool, during our first night…” She said in hoarse tone as she’s disinclined to be even speaking about it, but she has to or else it will consume her mind.

 

 “Wow, that’s romantic!” Jisoo squealed. “More… more…” She demanded and her smile reached up to her ears.

 

“She was teaching me how to swim and we were talking about things, and I don’t know… it just happened. She kissed me first but she thought she did something wrong. Then I just pulled her… and there, it happened.” Jennie uttered and by the end of her brief explanation, she squealed along with her best friend.

 

“Like you just sparked?” Jisoo asked and Jennie nodded. “You told yourself, ‘this is it’, something like that?” She went on grilling and another nod came from Jennie. “Just when I thought these kinds of happenings only exist on Korean dramas.”

 

“It was… honestly an amazing experience unnie.” Jennie confessed and there go her thrilled grins again as she bites on her ice cream.

 

“But that happened during the first night. How were the remaining days?” Jisoo asked curious.

 

And the thrilled Jennie continues her story, “At first, we were kind of awkward. I honestly couldn’t sleep that night since she was just beside me. However, the next day, she looked after me really well. She prepared our breakfast. She asked me if I’m good to go for the tour and if I feel better already. I was really shy I couldn’t look into her eyes, yet she made me feel comfortable so I gradually gave in too. She’s very considerate and gentle.”

 

Jisoo squealed really loud for her best friend, overly electrified with her experience. Truly, they are best friends yet it’s only today that she’s hearing Jennie talk about such experience which is why she’s blown up with her reactions. “So, are you officially together now?” She then wondered.

 

And this hit Jennie as she realized, “We’re not.”

 

“Huh? What do you mean? You just kissed as friends? What’s this, friends with benefits? More than friends but less than lovers?” Jisoo groused in disbelief.

 

“There’s no label, I guess you can say it that way. She never said she loves me, or at least she never said she likes me either.” Jennie pouted.  

 

Jisoo leaned closer to her as she interrogates intently, “How about you, what do you feel about her?”

 

“I’m not so sure yet but I feel complete and happy when I’m with her.” Jennie genuinely expressed. “The job I’m doing for her and Ella is definitely tiring that it sometimes gives me headaches but because she’s there, I feel like I can do anything and I can go through anything. I just love being around her and doing things for her.” She added and this reserved grin manifested as she spoke her heart.

 

“Eh~ you’re in love.” Jisoo hummed and smirked, loving this expression Jennie is wearing as she told.

 

“You think so? Am I really in love?” Jennie worriedly queried and Jisoo just giggled.

 

“As long as you’re happy and contented with whatever you have with her right now, then I’m here to support you. Don’t pressure yourself to figure out what it is. Just enjoy the present and this moment, that’s all I can say. Take your time.” Jisoo advised and patted Jennie’s head to end her worries.

 

Interrupting their talk is the news that flashed on the television, showing the teaser of Chaeyoung’s music video as her album will officially release in two days. The teaser has been out for a while already but because there’s Chanyeol featured, Jennie has been refusing to check on it. It’s only the teaser, however, it already shows intimate scenes of them that Jennie definitely never wished to see.

 

There’s nothing explicit, not y and nothing rated. They are simply holding hands, going on dates while sharing laughter, and the most intimate one lying on the bed together while cuddling. Seeing all of this in just half a minute suddenly turned Jennie deaf and thankfully her eyes blurred midway she didn’t see anything more.

 

“Relax. It’s just pure acting. They’re not real.” Jisoo tapped her best friend’s shoulders for she felt the smoke coming out all over her body.

 

Jennie looked away from the television and slammed the table with her heavy hands, “I don’t love her and I will never love her!”

 

She stormed out of Jisoo’s place and the best friend can only laugh at her, “Oh my… it’s the first time I see her jealous. She’s scary…”

 

Meanwhile, prior to the official release of her album, the company celebrates the completion of Chaeyoung’s preparation and hard work. Amidst her schedules that are starting to pile up at this moment, she willingly attended this party that’s conducted for her wherein the company’s executives are present, and all the staffs working for them.

 

“Congratulations Chaeyoung!”

 

The company welcomed their successful musician with a celebration as she entered the building’s lobby set up for a joyous party. Everyone involved with her comeback are all present to celebrate with her. She’s thankful and she can only keep bowing her head while receiving these flowers from her producers and staffs. It brought tears to her eyes as all of her hard works paid off at last.

 

Those sleepless nights, those countless days she overworked herself and those days she sacrificed not going back home just to finish everything in perfection, at last, everything paid off. Chaeyoung kept her expectations low because after all, it’s been more than a year since she was last seen in the industry. To her surprise, she’s being loved more than before despite the issues she had to face during her hiatus.

 

“Thank you everyone.” Chaeyoung sobbed.

 

“This is just the beginning, Chaeyoung. Keep up the good work and always remember, that we’re all so proud of you.” The CEO said and gave Chaeyoung her own glass of wine so they can all cheer to her success.

 

“To our number one Park Chaeyoung! Cheers everyone!” They lifted their glass up high and everyone cheered.

 

Indeed, Chaeyoung is happy for her career. Everyone’s smiling for her, proud of her and some of the staffs who are deeply involved are in their tears. It’s satisfying to look at and it’s truly a joyous day. However, for Chaeyoung, she could be more joyous and will find more worthy of the celebration if the person she wants to be here is present.

 

These people may be an important part of her career, but the people who are important to her life, they are nowhere to be found. Lisa is on her schedule though she had received her congratulatory message earlier that came with a gigantic flower wreath. Ella cannot come because of her school though she already congratulated her this morning. Last but most importantly, Jennie. Nothing from her yet.

 

“Is that your happy face?” Chanyeol, being one of today’s guests, caught Chaeyoung sighing all by herself on a corner.

 

Chaeyoung simply snorts, “Yeah and what about it?”

 

“You’re having one of your biggest comebacks ever in your career and I was honestly expecting you to be more hyped.” Chanyeol commented and Chaeyoung failed to hide her guilt, showing a frown rather than a smile she always uses to fake her emotions. “What’s wrong? Something happened?” He then asked.

 

This is one of the rare times that Chaeyoung wished she has more friends in this industry where only a few can be trusted. She thought Lisa and some of the company’s staffs are enough for her to lean on, but not when this problem bothering her involves the former. Nevertheless, despite Chanyeol’s genuine concerns, as she knows Jennie isn’t fond of him, no way she will be elaborative of her problems with him.

 

But Chaeyoung thought of sharing in a subtle way by saying, “It’s not about me but it’s about my friend missing her special someone. We’re really close so I get affected easily.”

 

“Did they fight or something happened between them?” The curious Chanyeol further questioned and showed interest of the topic to let Chaeyoung feel she got a friend at times like this.

 

To release her burden somehow, she decided to share slowly so the man can catch up, “Nothing really happened. It’s just that my friend went on a vacation with her special someone and they got a lot closer since then. It’s like my friend always looks for her special someone and she’s amazed how her heart that was once cold turned this attached. My friend said she’s dying to see her special someone again after her work is done and I just feel bad for her because she cannot do anything but to wait for the day to end.”

 

“If you say special someone, you mean they are dating or not?” Chanyeol genuinely wondered for he’s somewhat confused of Chaeyoung’s reference.

 

And Chaeyoung choked on her wine at his straightforward. Thus, she clarifies, “Well, the person is special but I guess it’s safe to say that maybe they are more than friends but less than lovers?”

 

“More than friends but less than lovers? I don’t quite believe on that. It’s like two cowards who cannot bring themselves to confess.” Chanyeol remarked and Chaeyoung was offended she gripped on her glass and raised an eyebrow at him. “I’m sorry but I don’t actually believe in such thing and I think they call that ‘flirtationship’ in today’s generation. It’s either your friend feels no romance at all and she’s just using that person as a past time or she really loves the person with all her heart and nothing in between those choices anymore.” He backed up his reasoning.

 

Of course, Chaeyoung was actually referring to herself, not anyone and especially not her imaginary friend she created. And this man has a point, Chaeyoung realized she wouldn’t be tempted to lean in to capture Jennie’s plump lips that night if she didn’t feel a thing or two for her. Moreover, she had long acknowledged that she’s beautiful inside and out, and it’s not surprising that she’s affected by Chanyeol’s honest remarks. She’s definitely attracted to Jennie that she’s possibly a coward who cannot bring herself to express her feelings.

 

“I’ll uhh… try to talk to my friend tomorrow after my schedules so I can confirm it.” Chaeyoung timidly smiled and excused herself to avoid more interrogations.

 

It was dusk when Jennie arrived back after finishing all her task outside. Her mind is occupied with Chaeyoung, thrilled when their kiss crosses her mind, but gets instantly annoyed whenever she remembers that music video that drained her good mood. She’s too bothered to be doing her works as fast and accurate as she used to be, causing her to result so much delays in her works.

 

“Ella, are you home?” Jennie called out as she entered.

 

Ella jogged towards her at the doorsteps, looking up at her while giving her a look of disapproval, “Unnie…”

 

“Why do you look mad? Did I do something wrong?” Jennie was confused as to why Ella is giving her such look.

 

Ella pointed at their living room where Jennie found Lisa waiting, “Someone’s here to visit you. I let her in because she’s been waiting outside for an hour according to the guard and I came across her when I just came back from school.”

 

Ella acted cold and went back to her room, but not before rolling her eyes on Lisa. For the supermodel has also been quite exhausted from her own schedules, she didn’t notice Jennie’s arrival until she saw Ella passing by and twisted her head to find Jennie carrying heavy loads of bags.

 

Hence, Lisa hastily got up to her feet and helps Jennie, “Oh, you’re back. Sorry I didn’t notice and Ella let me in that’s why I’m here.”

 

“I had to do a lot of errands since Chaeyoung has gotten a lot busier lately and I have to take care of Ella on my own.” Jennie apologetically said.

 

“I know, that’s why I’m here to check on you and see if there’s anything I can do to help you out.” Lisa expressed as she helps Jennie taking out the groceries from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter