Chapter 12 : Family Part 1

Nannie's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 12 Family Part 1

 

Similar to any others, celebrities also have their own social media accounts wherein they post and update their fans of their daily lives. One the contrary, they also have their private accounts that only people closest to their life shall be aware of this. And it’s the same case for Lisa whose most memorable moments of her personal life are shared through her private account.

 

‘She finally agreed to my date invitation! Hooray for me! These photos were taken during her day-off before I drove her back home. Isn’t she sweet?’

 

This is the caption of this set of photos that Lisa posted in her account. These are perfectly photographed candid images of Jennie as she sipped on her coffee, reservedly smiling at the camera, being perfectly illuminated by the morning’s sun through the window. Comments from her model friends, from her closest company staffs are all leaving positive words, some teasing them as well.

 

However, there’s one, Lisa’s closest person in her life, her best friend, whose reaction seem to differ from everyone else. “Whatever. I can do better than this.” Chaeyoung growled under her breath as she glowered at these photos on her phone while being styled and fashioned by her hair and make-up artists.

 

Chaeyoung never understood her sudden outburst that Sunday morning. The only thing that was clear to her was that her heart ached when her best friend asked Jennie out on a date without holding back, that it fumed her when Jennie shared smiles with her best friend as if she was thrilled to be with her. Worse, today, as she saw their photos she never wished to see and her annoyance notched to a higher level.

 

“You seem to be in a bad mood.” Chanyeol appeared behind, already ready to film in his outfit, startling her that she almost lost her grip on her phone.

 

Chaeyoung exchanges look with the man through the mirror in front of her as she denies, ‘Nah, I’m good. I’m just a little bit nervous. As you know, it’s my first time to film with someone on my music video.”

 

“Really…” Chanyeol occupied the seat beside her to chat for more. “I thought you were having a problem about a lover or something.” He added and snorted at Chaeyoung’s shocked reaction that her eyes widened.

 

“Excuse me? Do I look like I have a lover? I don’t have time for those kinds of things, like relationships or even flings.” Chaeyoung retorted as she goes on sniggering pretentiously to cover up her uneasiness.

 

“I should have known.” Chanyeol rides along with her laughs. “Oh, by the way, about my bodyguard that pushed your ‘special visitor’ last time, I already told the management about what happened and they transferred him. I’m really sorry about what happened.” Chanyeol said and for the first time he saw Chaeyoung’s genuine smile for today, even if it was quick. “How is she, that woman you were with?” He then followed up to fill in the silence between them.

 

“Well, she’s working and uhh…” Chaeyoung failed to say anything more because in fact, she has no idea what Jennie could possibly be doing at this moment.

 

Since their last argument that was never settled, they haven’t talked properly yet. The morning she woke up, she found Jennie doing her usual routine, cooked breakfast for them, sent Ella to school and went straight to do the groceries, all of these things without sharing a talk with Chaeyoung until they parted ways.

 

Normally they would exchange messages, updating each other what they do at this hour and what they’re about to do next. However, this day she hasn’t received anything and she hasn’t sent anything either, causing her to get even more irritated than to be eager and focused for this day of her music video shoot.

 

The manager came knocking, interrupting their conversation as he shows the camera on his hand, “Excuse me, the executives and the director said we should take a photo of you together as a short preview of the music video to be posted on social media.”

 

“Like a teaser, huh? Sure, why not.” Chanyeol agreed and so is Chaeyoung who was hurriedly fixed by the stylists before going out to take the needed photos.

 

The two professionals gladly posed for the camera as they’re asked to be closer to each other. Chaeyoung did so, but she refused to lay a single finger on the man. However, Chanyeol initiated as he put an arm around Chaeyoung, smiling for the photo. There’s no spark at all, at least for Chaeyoung who rather felt a lot more annoyed than before than feeling thrilled of having him around.

 

“Be ready in few seconds. We’re starting!” The director announced.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t have time to go back to the dressing room and check her things anymore, most especially her phone that she kept inside her bag. If she did, she could have seen it ringing nonstop as Jennie is calling her. It didn’t end with just one call as Jennie’s calls kept coming for few more times, until she gave up and dropped a message instead.

 

‘I received a call from Ella’s school. They said there’s a trouble so I have to go there.’

 

‘Call me back when you can. It’s important.’

 

Little did she know that Jennie is on her way to Ella’s school after receiving a home call from the principal. She cared not if she’s wearing her working outfit that’s covered in sweat. She cared not if she looks good or not in her messy tied hair. All that’s on her mind is to go to Ella and see her, as the young girl was reported to be injured and needed to be explained by the principal.

 

The guard saw her approaching rampantly, and stops her before going in, “Excuse me, ma’am. Do you have appointments today? You’re not allowed to enter the school premises without passes or appointments.”

 

Jennie showed her I.D and tells, catching her breath, “I’m Ella’s nanny, Jennie Kim. I received a call from the principal’s office and told me there was an incident involving Ella and I’m here in behalf of her guardian, Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“Oh yeah, we’ve been notified about that.” The guard recognized upon checking his records. “Please proceed immediately to the principal’s office on the second floor of this building. Ella has been crying and I heard she injured her elbow too because of the incident.” He then added and gave Jennie her visitor’s pass.

 

Hearing that information only made Jennie even more frantic. She doesn’t know the full story yet as she immediately ended the phone call earlier with the principal the moment that she was informed Ella was involved in an incident. Like any mother would, she rushed all the way to the school without checking herself twice, as long as she can attend to her child who needs to be by her side.

 

“Sorry for being late.” Jennie entered the principal’s office, even forgetting to knock.

 

There she found the principal in her table and in front of her is Ella crying in her seat, her elbow that’s bruised but aided and also some teachers concerned with the incident. Jennie in a speed of light she kneeled down in front of Ella and wrapped her for an embrace, comforting her the best way possible with this limited information she has.

 

“Hi. I’m Ella’s nanny, Jennie Kim.” She belatedly introduced herself and settled to sit beside Ella whose tears somehow stopped from falling but down she cannot lift her head up. “Park Chaeyoung cannot come today. She’s currently at work and I came here in her behalf.” She then added.

 

“Thank you for coming, Miss Jennie.” The principal started. “You must be wondering what happened to Ella and why we called you today.”

 

“Yes, of course I’m wondering. Why is she crying? Why is she injured? What happened to her?” Jennie asked nonstop while keeping Ella close to her hold.

 

One of the teachers was asked to step up and so he speaks out, “Actually, today, we’re supposed to have a recitation and present the drawing they made last time. She presented a beautiful drawing of her family but after the class, well…”

 

“What?” Jennie grew anxious.

 

“She was bullied by her classmates and they admitted to the incident after being caught by these teachers.” The principal sadly voiced.

 

And this instantly thundered Jennie, “Bullied? Who the hell did that? And why?”

 

One of the teachers volunteered to take Ella out of the office for the meantime as the principal tells Jennie the whole story, “According to some students, the bullies were harshly making fun of her. They were teasing her for not having real parents and ruined her drawing. They further ridiculed her by saying she’s adopted and that no one loves her since she doesn’t have her biological parents. They attacked her with those words and Ella was pushed as well, hence the injury.”

 

“We are very much aware about Ella’s background that’s why we immediately took action before the bullying gets worse. She didn’t fight back, but we’re also concerned of what she feels and what she’s thinking after being attacked by those words.” The teacher expressed.

 

Jennie gasped as she’s told, and tears came out automatically. She covered with her trembling hands as she’s lost for words, too much to handle on herself. She’s ultimately shocked and staggered. For anyone, it may seem a simple matter of teases amongst students but knowing Ella’s life, these hurtful words cut so deep.

 

“We already called the parents of those students who hurt Ella and they will be given the right and just punishments. We don’t tolerate bullying in this school and rest assured that this won’t happen to Ella again. Please, take her back home for now and let her rest. Stay beside her.” The principal delivered and handed over an apology letter from the school to Jennie.

 

Jennie was dismissed for her to attend on Ella immediately. She failed to say anything more to the principal and only bowed down before leaving the office, too shocked of what happened. By the staircases, there’s Ella sitting, hugging her folded knees and buried her face underneath it. Ella may always appear strong, jolly and a happy young girl and to see her being fragile and vulnerable, Jennie cannot take it.

 

“Hey…” Jennie sits beside her. “Do you want some ice cream?” She carefully asked but Ella shook her head. “How about some candies from Jisoo-unnie’s store, do you want some? We can go to her if you want.” She went on but Ella can only keep on shaking her head without lifting her head up.

 

“I just want to go back home unnie. Get me out of here.” Ella begged as her hoarse voice cracked.

 

Jennie helplessly sighed, “Okay. Let’s go back home and I’ll cook you some of your favorite meals and let’s watch your favorite shows.”

 

She checked her phone and see if Chaeyoung has replied to her, yet there’s none. The music video shooting is all over the internet and there’s no way Jennie doesn’t know of Chaeyoung’s tight schedules and work for today. Adding more, she saw the photo at she and Chanyeol took earlier, posted by their company’s official accounts.

 

And so Jennie decided, “She’s busy. She’ll just see my messages later on.”

 

For Ella’s sake, Jennie brought her back home. The young girl went straight to her room and hid under her blankets. From the room’s door, she can hear her sobbing as Ella’s pain snapped, taking it all out with these tears soaking her pillows. Jennie all by herself, she isn’t sure how to comfort her as she’s somewhat afraid she might say things that will only deepen her wound.

 

She made her favorite lunch, but Ella refused to eat it. She purposely the television’s volume higher so she can hear her favorite movie being played from the living room, yet again Ella didn’t move from her bed. Jennie is willing to dance and make fun of herself just so Ella will smile but because Ella has her face covered, it’s useless.

 

Her last resort, she calls her best friend when the night came as she restlessly paces around the living room, “Unnie, help me. I don’t know what to do with Ella. Chaeyoung might take a while before she returns too.”

 

“Don’t pressure her too much and don’t force it for now. Give her a space but keep your eyes on her. Once she calms down a bit, go to her and talk to her slowly. She’s too young to be hearing such things anyway and it might have really blown her.” Jisoo advised while she’s inside a bus on her way to her work.

 

“You’re right.” Jennie sighed and went to the balcony to freshen up her mind. “I thought I’d know what to do just because I’ve been living with them and taking care of her but I guess I don’t know much about her yet. I got too carried away being called a part of the family yet here I am being helpless.” She then grumbled.

 

“Jennie, relax. You better talk to Chaeyoung about this and for once please set aside your arguments. It’s not going to help Ella in this situation. Besides, she knows Ella the best, and she will definitely know what to do with her.” Jisoo further said.

 

Suddenly, the door opened wide and Chaeyoung came back home panting and covered in sweat as she rushed all the way after being belatedly informed of the incident. What relayed to her was indeed alarming that Chaeyoung need not to have second thoughts to come back for Ella. What makes her even more anxious is that she’s too late to know about the situation, clueless the entire time she was pouring everything out for her work.

  

“Where’s Ella?” Chaeyoung demanded, asking the restless nanny in the living room.

 

Jennie approaches her worried as she ended the call, “She’s in her room.”

 

“Jennie, why didn’t you tell me about this immediately?” Chaeyoung grilled.

 

“What do you mean I didn’t tell you? I did for your information! I tried to call you but you never answered. I left you messages but you never read it. So what are you saying now?” Jennie questioned back and the frustration is escalating quickly.

 

And Chaeyoung contends her position, “You know I’m extremely busy with the music video. I didn’t get to eat well, I didn’t have a single second of rest and I couldn’t even get a hold of my phone and I was only able to read and check everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter