Chapter 7 - Attempts

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The whole world seemed to stop for a moment.

There were still facts hiding behind the unexplored shadows. For many reason that Mina thought about why other people craved for Sana's powers she didn't know the greatest one, no one actually had much information about that, it was so subtle, the tiny differences inside of her and the brief moments when her powers failed, it got unnoticed. Getting weaker, even around the whole world people felt their forces fading when a minor sparkle didn't even light up, and still, they had hopes that magic was there for them all the time. Funny fact, Yugyeom was oblivious sometimes but he was precisely one of a few people that realized what was really happening, maybe his intelligence comes in other ways or times. The threads of magic were starting to fall and collapse and he noticed how the balance and strength of everyone's powers were being weakened in at least the past year, threatening his own goals. It was time to act and he was sure that his side of the story was the right one, the certain one that would thrive from the ashes when all the conflicts ended. People were killed, tortured and robbed with one principal goal, unify and conquer, win power enough to maintain magic alive and spread to the world to see how powerful they are. He didn't count with resistance like how he was seeing in Sana and Jeongyeon, that threatened him. No one would stop them and if he needed Sana's huge amount of magic, he would fight for it.

A gush of wind made the refreshing grass blades sway by their feet, the sun was starting to go up. Jeongyeon was with her fist up ready to whatever was coming, the lights of the car illuminated them along with a streetlamp far away, she would do anything to take them alive from there. Yugyeom only smirked and signed his guys to stay out of that.

Right then Jeongyeon was glad for all the times her father insisted for her to learn self-defense.

"You're going to lose" Yugyeom carefully warned. Jeongyeon clench her jaw and stepped closer.

The quickest punch flied to encounter Jeongyeon's clenched jaw, but she quickly swayed back and avoided it. Yugyeom was fast but Jeongyeon was smarter, she was able to also avoid the next punch and find an opening near the guy's chest, where she exactly hit with a kick, perhaps Yugyeom wasn't much of a fighter or underestimated the other. Right after that, Jeongyeon gave him another kick near his knee and landed a jab on his jaw to make the guy step backwards, giving her another opening that allowed Jeongyeon to kick his chest, sending Yugyeom to the ground.

The other bad guys stepped forward but they didn't count with Sana also joining the fight, no one did, really. She used her magical strength to mentally lift some debris of the car crash and send them right on the heads of the other two bad guys, that fell unconscious on the ground after some seconds. She wished to have strength to help Jeongyeon but it failed when she tried again, something was wrong and she finally realized that using magic wasn't that simple anymore.

"" Yugyeom said getting up, breathless. He knew his powers were too weak after all and couldn't use it against Jeongyeon.

She gave other kick but was avoided, Yugyeom gave a punch on her stomach seeing the opportunity and did a sweep kick sending Jeongyeon to the ground, he didn't stop there and started giving heavy kicks on the other making the bruises even worse, she was breathless.

"Stop" Sana said almost screaming, the situation changed really fast and she could see Jeongyeon losing the fight. Yugyeom looked up to her just for a second but that gave enough opportunity for Jeongyeon to also send him down, making a quick movement to change positions and grab the guy by the throat.

"You're n-not g-goi-ing to kill m-me" Yugyeom tried to say while his face turned red from the lack of air, he punched and kicked from all his sides to get rid of the hold but it had no way.

"You don't know me." Jeongyeon said not letting the hold go, she was going to choke the guy to death. Sana was watching the scene with her eyes widen, Chaeyoung got close to her and held her arm to take her out of there, the younger was with Mina on her back but she didn't want Sana to see that, Jeongyeon was going to kill Yugyeom.

Sana shook her head and stepped closer.

"Jeongyeon" She said, the other didn't hear her. She stepped away from Chaeyoung and walked to the place, in a matter of seconds Yugyeom would be dead.

"Jeongyeon stop!" Sana managed to say fearing the worse. She didn't want that.

Jeongyeon gazed her with bloodshot eyes, for a moment she watched tears falling from her eyes and slowly let Yugyeom down, falling unconscious.

She saw Sana afraid, she couldn't take it anymore, it didn't suit her at all and she cried so much in the last days that she felt like couldn't be another reason for her to suffer. Jeongyeon kicked the body away from her while getting up, her state was bad but she walked to Sana, stumbling.

"Let's go." She said grabbing her hand for them to leave.

"But-" Sana said.

"He isn't dead" Jeongyeon interrupted her.

"Why do you care anyways, he tried to kill us" She said clearly annoyed.

"But... If you kill him, you'll become a killer" Sana said serious and staring her in the eyes. Jeongyeon wanted to face palm but she understood what she meant. Her heart softened that she cared about what she was going to become or not, she almost threw her beliefs away if it wasn't for that.

"Fine, but we have to go now." She said, Sana nodded.

"Where are we going now?" Sana asked.

"We can't go to a hospital, they will find us" Jeongyeon said when they got closer to Chaeyoung.

"I know a person who can help us. I trust her but we can't walk to there." Chaeyoung said adjusting Mina on her back, dripping blood.

Jeongyeon eyed around and noticed Yugyeom's car.

"We're going with that but we have to get rid of it right after" She said pointing at it.

"I have an idea about how we can do that." Chaeyoung said. They all agreed and headed to the car, the keys were still there for their luck.

"I'll drive" Chaeyoung stopped Jeongyeon from getting on the driver's sit.

"You go to the backseat." Chaeyoung said shooing her away. She already had placed Mina on the passenger sit. That time they made sure that everyone had their seatbelts on since they couldn't afford another car crash.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter