Chapter 16 - Balance

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.

 

.

 

.

 

Breathing heavily, he forced his body up while magic enveloped his wrists, the blood around him didn't seem to affect his spirits as JaeBum was more than used to feel the warm red liquid passing through his fingers. His forehead shined as sweat formed between his eyebrows, showing a deceiving expression of rage. He clenched his jaw, straightened his posture and smirked, finding his last opponent not worth of much effort, letting magic disperse around him, making a thick fog mixing with the heavy sensation of ending a life.

If it was really going to end like that he didn't yet know, but one thing he had in mind, finding the people he swore to finish and do his work to make the world see that power is everything they need and with magic he can conquer it all.

That same day something changed, and JaeBum understood that the only person he could trust is himself.

The complicated meanings behind his acts hid when he flashed a simple smirk besides his usual smile and that alarmed a lot of people, intruders especially.

Isolating himself in a way to only train his powers, JaeBum didn't know anymore the meaning of having something truly for himself, until he saw that opportunity. If Sana didn't want the power, he would have it, this made him mad to a point were nothing mattered, even his own morality altogether with his humanity. Feeling betrayed, he finished dropping the last body. He was used to it by now, and wiped the bloodied hands with his sleeves, changing from a smirk to a smile.

 

>>>>>>

 

Rays of the heavy start of summer crossed its ways through her room, the disheveled curtains didn't stop the sun from covering her frame like light touches warming her body, Sana's chest waved up and down, slowly as paced breaths escaped. If every day was that glorious, she would like to see the sunrise over and over again.

.

Jeongyeon used to look up for a new day, expectations high. Now she sees that a new course of her life had begun, finally dropping the idea of returning to her old normal life.

Sana made everything better, like she had this force that pulled Jeongyeon out of restraining walls that kept her shut, offering for her to see the world as it is. But she barely knew it, that her presence was much important to her, although she did understand that for Sana, Jeongyeon was the right way, like the latter would be waiting for her in the end of any line, as she was there and it felt right to be with her, good.

To the sound of the kitchen supplies accompanied with the noises of her own work, Jeongyeon walked side to side, focused in doing her beloved breakfast. She was preparing it for the others, as she was the first to wake up that morning. It was curious how her mind kept playing the scene from the other night and it was difficult to think about anything than Sana, even the way she unhesitating promised to tell her everything, really meaning it, like Sana opened doors she wasn't able to see before. She fixed her hair, looking at the prepared food distractedly, her locks softly layering to complete her image, she was happy that day, lighter, smiling in contrast with the summer rays, a welcoming mood, she was just waiting for her, trying not to mind the nervousness coming closer to her state of mind.

Jeongyeon strolled around, thinking, content with her doings, she wasn't much of a chef but she did work in a restaurant long enough to know a thing or two, the family business. Besides the hidden magic things of course. However, she ate first, just to skip to somewhere when she saw Tzuyu approaching the breakfast table, the younger looked pleased, even Tzuyu liked when the morning started radiant, it reminded her of her dogs far away from there and it became so evident, she was smiling a bit, making an exception from her usual serious self.

Maybe it was a good sight the way a set of clouds covered the house, making it unexpectedly dark compared with the streets. Mina was with just one of her crutches somehow and walking slowly to her objective, one step after another as she reached a window, closed it, for then to cross a small space to the kitchen, Tzuyu was washing the dishes distractedly while Jeongyeon helped her, a perfect harmony between the duo, the latter just stopped to help Mina pulling a chair to sit down, she looked around, trying to find some missing piece, expecting to encounter more but, a few things misplaced, she ended up shrugging th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter