Chapter 6 - Power

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Detective Choi YoungJae, a name well known from his remarkable capacities of discovering what others try so much to hide. It became ironic to some of his associates the fact that he was so immersed in probably the first case he couldn't crack, for much a mystery that it was, YoungJae wasn't one to give up so easily, if Mark Tuan died for a reason he was damn sure to find out. The police station was the usual, he scanned around the place with his eyes and found the same impression he always had about there, people seemed to already have moved on about the murder so he felt kind of left behind in the shadows to pursue something that much people didn't even remember, it was his job after all. His desk was crowded with files from the case, Jeongyeon, Mark, Sana, Mina, he could see all their names and pictures, their life stories were right in front of him and nothing seemed unusual especially Jeongyeon's life, it was calm and it didn't seem at all that she could even kill anyone but YoungJae knew that he was missing a piece or even the whole picture because a big secret was yet to be disclosed about them.

He was also having problems in connecting them together. Of course, YoungJae considered the possibility of Jeongyeon not being the murderer but after the incident in Sana's house, a very odd incident without any much explanation because some things there were weirdly placed, suspicious increased a lot, and with Jeongyeon also disappearing the same time as the girls, he wasn't going to give up until someone pay for the crimes. At that moment, he passed his hand impatiently in his hair, waiting for a permission that should have be given an hour ago, he was planning to search for Jeongyeon in other town because he knows that the woman is nowhere around and that is the only thing he could do to keep the investigation going on. He knew that Jeongyeon wouldn't possibly do all of that alone so a bigger conspiracy was going through his mind.

 

>>>>>>>

 

For Jeongyeon, it was day after day and keep going with not much to count on, but she soon realized she had to hold on with what she still had, well at least she was healthy and almost sane.

One week passed after the earlier events and discovers about their past, it was getting better. They talked and planned to let the pain behind. For the mystery, they couldn't solve just yet, a lot of missing pieces still had to be placed together, little they knew about the whole reason behind the said truth her father meant with that memory, it was frustrating. It surely lined up with their change of lives. They just had to find out how.

The week was calm and good, for Jeongyeon, she can say that she grew closer to them in a way, with mostly Sana for the matter because the girl simply didn't leave her alone, like she was really pushing forward to be her friend and so she was always talking with her, even when Jeongyeon wasn't in the mood to talk. Sana had her way to try to make things better for them, she cares about how she is feeling lately, mostly after she found out about saving her life when they were kids. Jeongyeon is stubborn and grumpy sometimes, although she can't deny that her stories about meaningless things in the middle of the day made her curious, Sana can be funny and happy and fill the other's hearts with joy when she wants and Mina was also beside her most of the times, more listening than talking. Mina also did her best to explain about the whole operation that was being commanded and that it was actually like a cult formed with people joined with the sense that magic should be recognize for everyone as a part of the modern society instead of remaining hidden so with that they could rule the world and also, how the cult believed that Sana was a crucial part of the plan, or her splendid powers to be precise. Chaeyoung was being caring with all of them, she seemed excited about being part of their 'gang', as she likes to call, to fight the bad guys and discover new things about the world.

Nonetheless, Jeongyeon didn't expect things to remain calm like that, she was right and well, she isn't happy for that.

The first sign of their current mistake was when a loud noise was heard outside the house, seemed like coming from near the front door.

It was night time. Chaeyoung was the first to get up because of her alarm, she practically ran out of her office where she had fall asleep accidentally, and quickly arrived in the entrance, there she met Jeongyeon that was awake and around and also searching the source of the alarm.

"What happened?" Chaeyoung asked in a hurry.

"I don't know" Jeongyeon said while the other disarmed the alarm. Chaeyoung opened the door of the house carefully and watching out, just to be surprised by an unusual sight before them. Both stared outside in surprise looking attentively at it. The smell of burning metal was already so close, right on the street in front of the house was a car, Mina's car to be precise, but the matter with the car was that it was burning, covered with flames and slightly floating like it weighted nothing, magic of course, could be scary when used like that. Imagining that situation would be impossible if Jeongyeon was going to predict the many ways to die, hit by a flying flaming car surely wasn't in the list. But it wasn't her time to die yet, she still had work to do and so, Jeongyeon grabbed Chaeyoung's arm and that acted like a trigger, the car started to rapidly approach and land right on them, luckily their neighbors weren't wake to see that. Jeongyeon really showed her rapid skills when she was fast enough to throw Chaeyoung and herself out of the way. They landed back inside the house, close to the door and for a second the end flashed in their eyes because the car was about to explode from the impact if reached the house. For the enemies, it was more like a warning to act like that, using their belongings to kill them, and the police was never going to figure out how that happened, they had no one to blame for a car suddenly exploding like that. If it wasn't for Sana they couldn't have survived that day.

The girl was standing near the stairs and facing the car since the front door was open, her eyes so focused in the car that stopped right before the two, it was really near the door. Jeongyeon sprung her head up and saw the girl focusing on not letting the burning car down like her life relied on it. Until Jeongyeon saw the bit of blood sliding from Sana's nostrils and her eyes growing tired, she recalled that she can't really control her powers, especially with an effort like that.

"Run" Jeongyeon said to Chaeyoung. The younger got on her feet and ran to the opposite direction, just in time for Mina to show up that gasped in surprised.

"! They found us" She said the loudest she could in that moment. As for Jeongyeon, she only had time to kick the door shut and run to Sana, she almost stumbled but managed to get to her. Jeongyeon hugged her closer in an attempt to make her stop and shield her from any upcoming danger, she knew it worked when she heard the explosion behind her back. The door was ripped open, all the visible windows broke and glass shattered around the floor, even the furniture got damaged when a large piece of the car pierced through the couch, Chaeyoung looked at all of that with open, she was certain that they would die if Sana wasn't fast enough before.

Jeongyeon realized she was still hugging Sana and lifted her head to see if she was ok, her eyes looked lifeless for a second and was stained from the blood that run out of her nose but she nodded getting out of the trance as reassuring that she was ok.

'Thank God' Jeongyeon thought letting a relieved sigh. Her moment was taken by Mina dragging Sana away from her and making they run upstairs. Jeongyeon looked back and saw about four guys approachin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter