Chapter 13 - Mentality

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Many things were yet to be explained. They did have an incredible persistence after the past difficulty events to keep going and living. And better, wanting to live. If losing someone makes our own lives seem weak, fragile and sometimes even unbearable, imaging how it would feel to lose everyone it's simply enough, too much. Losing the meaning of the world and even life.

For Sana, she obviously didn't want to lose anything, her life, her friends, her parents, but it all fell so easily, faded away like it never existed. Her expectations and hopes, her dreams and happiness, she sometimes thinks it's all her fault, people were suffering for her, every minute that Jeongyeon said to her that it will be fine she actually believed and with all her strength, she imagined about getting out of there after losing her parents, because, she discovered things, she met people and helped them with her magic, it was great to think about having a life after so much trouble.

For Mina, she can tell that the drastic changes couldn't be controlled by her, she loved control, but she could do nothing to change the reality, just protect the ones she loves with all her being, the ones that last anyways, and since Sana's parents were probably dead she only had the girl to take care off, that made her concerned because she doesn't even know where Sana is. It was hard but at least she still had Tzuyu looking after her. That kept her going.

For Jeongyeon, she just didn't want to lose her mind. Not in the moment her world crashed, not in the moment she felt her heart racing every time she thinks too much about Sana, not even in the moment when she is facing death itself and doesn't know how to react. Her mind was like what it lasted in her being to stand up and fight, for her, for them, and that includes Mina and the little Chaeyoung, even Tzuyu for being good enough to take care of them. It mattered so much to keep living, she had all those people waiting for her, and even if she didn't have, it still mattered to keep everyone safe, she is this type of person after all.

 

.

 

Noon, for the sun that shined bright and the heat invading the road. YoungJae was taking mental notes about all the streets they passed, he was sure to remember it later. Sana was worried, taping her fingers on the door of her car although she eventually drifted into tiredness she kept up until getting at Tzuyu's house.

It was all closed when they knocked on the door, for what YoungJae heard, Tzuyu seemed to open a lot of locks before facing both of them on the doorstep.

Sana just shook her head when Mina asked about Jeongyeon, the girl was sat on the couch and Sana sat with her, her eyes did seem hurt, her own soul was shattered into pieces. Everything that went wrong was catching so much of her, making her sink into preoccupation.

"We'll find her." Mina whispered near her ear between a comforting hug.

"I can't lose her too." Sana only said before starting crying, she had to do that to release every feeling she was holding in.

Mina scooted closer to her, even with her hurt leg, she motioned Sana to rest her head on her lap, she kept seeing Sana crying and started along, Mina's eyes were all red when she passed her hands through the other girl's hair to calm her down. Sana cried to sleep, at least she was resting. Mina didn't want to move from there and stayed by her side all the time.

The others checked the house while that, just to make sure. Tzuyu asked as many questions as YoungJae asked her and they seemed to be on the same page of conclusion. The hours passed fast, the detective was quick to absorb information and that was an useful trait remarking the situation they were on. At the moment, the afternoon seemed to last long, the two walked back to YoungJae's car since the latter said he had to go back to the police as they all agreed to keep silent about the latest discoveries.

"Keep me informed" YoungJae said passing his phone number to Tzuyu, the latter nodded and the other left after that, YoungJae sprinted from there and his presence faded away.

Tzuyu looked around before entering her house again, eyes dark and stone cold. She found herself staring when seeing both Mina and Sana now awake and scrambling through papers while drawing weird images, they looked restless.

"What is this?" She asked glancing both of them.

"A magical barrier" Mina said, she was struggling to drawn while Sana mumbled some words and the papers started glowing.

'Smart' Tzuyu thought, she didn't want to say that out loud.

"We can't have they finding us here, so we're making this effort to keep us safe" Mina completed, Tzuyu crossed her arms and watched, that was starting to bug her, Tzuyu's piercing gaze.

"Take it and put around the house." Mina said and handed her a bunch of papers that Sana had already enchanted, the latter was quiet with her focus on her magic.

Tzuyu took the papers, they glow a tone of green and blue, Sana's signed mark, although, she would always say that pink was a better color.

"Is this a circle or?" Tzuyu asked curiously, like implying something.

"I don't have to be a good drawer to do this" Mina retorted and handed her another paper.

"This won't start flying if I put out there would it?" Tzuyu asked wondering, she could hear Sana humming.

"Not really, it's magic." Mina said trying to sound not so annoyed, but that wasn't a good explanation, not even a simple one. In fact, it was better to enchant papers when doing that kind of spell since they instantly combusted right after activated, they would all activate when all of them were placed, if she would do the spell directly on the ground it would leave marks and it was better not to.

"Just give me the papers." Tzuyu said taking it out of her hands, then she stepped out of that room already tired of Mina. Sana observed the other getting further away.

"What was that?" She asked curious.

"Nothing"

"It's hard to see you like this Mina"

"It's the stress"

"I'm pretty sure that she is stressed too"

"Yes, she probably is always stressed then. I don't know I just, can't understand her and I don't want to explode like that with her it's probably not her fault but, it makes me stressed"

"It's not easy to take care of others like she's doing" Sana said, she was sat on the carpet of the room and stretched her back to get up.

"Yes, but she could treat me better. It's like she doesn't care. It's annoying me." Mina mumbled more to herself.

"I can see that. Maybe you could try to understand her side. It's just how she is I think." Sana said smiling a bit. Mina was looking down to the papers and with her face hidden behind her hair, she was focused and distant at the same time, Sana often wondered about how her friend could be so immersed in her tasks, herself can say that she is distracted easily by almost everything.

"This is the last one." Mina said handing the paper to Sana. The latter put it on the near table and extended her hands above it, closed her eyes and did her best to release a good amount of magic to enchant the circle, maybe it was too much because her head started to spin and Mina had to hold her in place to keep her straight.

"What's wrong?" Mina asked.

"Nothing" Sana said not to worry her more, then the girl took her hand above the paper to let it glow the same blueish green, it was ready.

"Blood" Mina mumbled, and then Sana felt, the warm liquid descending her nose little by little, she whined and put her hand above it to sit down by Mina's side and keep properly placed to stop the blood from running.

"Where's Tzuyu when we need her?" Mina said, she couldn't get up or run to bring tissues, she felt useless and frowned.

"It's ok, it stopped" Sana said behind her hand that was still securing her nostril, indeed, the bleeding stopped but they still didn't know why it started.

"I need to rest, that's all." Sana said with a brief smile, Mina knowingly nodded, the other girl insistent in the matter of not worrying too much. Mina adjusted herself for Sana to sit better, both girls rested on the couch to turn the TV on and take their minds out of magic for a bit.

After some minutes, their protection was ready. It was Mina's idea since the bad guys kept locating them, a magical barrier could stop a tracking spell and that barrier they made was a good one, they both used their powers but with mostly Sana using her magic, Mina's seemed to fail for a while, because of that Sana had to support herself somewhere to not to fall when she got up, maybe it was too much, the efforts she made were getting into her rapidly, more than before, that barrier had to work or else it will be all in vain.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

As for finding Jeongyeon, well, they don't even know how to start. With YoungJae searching and the three of them making efforts to avoid being found, two days passed with rush and now they had to regain strength and rest.

That night, Sana was walking around the house alone, similar with what she did in Chaeyoung's house, walking and touching things to see how they work. Tzuyu had a good amount of dog pictures but weirdly no dog around. Suddenly she remembered that now she can't find Jeongyeon around there to surprise her like she did the other time, so she gave up and searched for Mina, it was better than being alone, she felt lost and unsure, sometimes it plays in her mind when Jeongyeon promised her to come back safely. Now she is waiting and working to find her.

She silent walked into Mina's room, just to see the girl sleeping, it was around midnight by then, Sana is glad that her friend is there and not much harmed, Mina is the reason she didn't lose hope in getting out of that trouble or even finding Jeongyeon, whatever that meant. She was about to turn around and leave the room when Mina shifted in place and looked at her.

"Sana?" The girl asked rubbing her eyes, the other nodded.

"What are you doing here?" Mina slowly got up and sat on the bed.

"I was looking around" Sana mumbled.

"Can't sleep? Come here" Mina patted the place beside her and stretched her arms.

"My room is kind of cold" Sana lied and sat with her, placing her head on Mina's shoulder.

"You're worried, aren't you?" Mina said. She knew better. Sana nodded.

"About Jeongyeon right?"

"Yes, they can be hurting her"

"I think they need her to find us so she isn't dead. We're going to find her." Mina said, Sana hummed and looked down, they stood in silence for a while. Mina wasn't the type of being positive like that but she had to be, for them.

"Do you love her?" Mina suddenly asked. Sana almost chocked on air.

"I don't have to love her to worry about her, aren't you worried too? Does that mean you love her?" Sana said quickly, Mina grinned at her.

"You're embarrassed." Mina said pointing at Sana's reddish cheeks, the latter covered her face with her hands.

"Stop" Sana whined. Mina chuckled.

"She can take care of herself." Mina said.

"I know, but... They're evil. And, I don't know... I feel, different about her"

"A good different?" Mina asked playfully.

"I guess. It's just, I can't stop thinking where she is and how she is, if she is well. I know what they can do and I like her enough to be worried I think"

"I see" Mina mumbled.

"You see, at first I didn't like her at all you know and I guess you didn't too" Sana said. Mina nodded, by then she knows that Jeongyeon can be grumpy.

"But now it makes me so angry to think about her getting hurt or in someone hurting her. I just want her to be happy and that's it." Sana completed, a small smile on her lips. Mina nodded.

"You can stay here if you want." She suggested.

"Thanks" Sana said dropping her body on the bed.

"Go to the other side, my leg needs space" Mina said pushing the other girl.

"Oh, I almost forgot, I can fix your leg" Sana said getting up quickly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter