Chapter 19 - The past

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That week, Mina was a mess, she finally had accepted it, sleeping too much and eating too less wasn't doing any good for her. It had only been three days since Sana finally was able to heal her leg, magic is wonderful, it did hurt for her but it was all fine in the end, even for Sana, her abilities seemed good enough and holding together in her damaged consciousness and self.

It had been over a month in general, since Mark died and Jeongyeon found that distinctive new path, a really rushed month. In the beginning of the end of the week, the night turned when countless stars seemed to disappear up in the wide sky, it was unknown to Sana why she had such a delight in doing nothing right there, looking up when she wanted to see it all closer, maybe she thought too much about things she couldn't explain. She moved lazily with the soft sounds encountering her ears, the music came from her smartphone, Tzuyu was kind enough to buy them new phones in case of any emergencies. Sana tried to distract herself standing on Tzuyu's house balcony at the first floor, alone for more unusual that it was, she wanted to be the one to protect them now, feeling herself getting better after a long time, the ghostly sensation holding her back seemed to go away if she would think about it, (which she did). Sana smiled scrolling over her playlist of sad songs that talked about anything related to love. It reminded her of someone, from past times until where she was. Soulmates. That was a thing she generally believed.

In terms of general conditions, they were stable, Mina was better compared with before, she didn't had crutches with her all the time, it seemed more natural, maybe Sana forgot that Mina could go upstairs without efforts, right to where she was. The latter took a few seconds to realize that the other girl was there, Sana looked like belonging to the breathtaking scenario of the night view, Mina realized what she lost all the time living with her incapability of walking upstairs in that sea of stars, she came closer to the older, noticing that Sana was super distracted. The balcony was big, Sana didn't seem to notice her presence, Mina poked her cheek, Sana almost screamed.

"You seem better" Sana said half yelling.

"I am, thanks for asking" Mina sarcastically said, Sana chuckled, taking one earphone and offering to her friend, Mina took and started listening along with her, distracted with the tunes played by the sweetest songs, they became quiet, well, Sana couldn't stand still, she was slightly pushing Mina's shoulders with her own. Mina started to hum with her soft voice, Sana enjoyed it, another song started and it was a hyper one, taking them of the slow atmosphere, Mina chuckled, Sana smiled, continuing where they were.

"So..." Mina called her attention, a smirked played on her lips and Sana was already seeing what the lead was. She quietly brought up one of her shiny smiles.

"Are you happy?" Mina asked in a brighter tune, Sana's cheeks were pinkish and she lightly hit one of Mina's shoulders.

"I am".

"But..." Sana stopped, gaze falling just a bit.

"I mean..." She looked around, lost from where to start.

"What's wrong?" Mina said, taking away their earphones to listen better.

"I think we still have a long way to go" Sana said simple words that crossed a complicated view of the situation. She was right, as she always had been with the sense of their future. Happiness wasn't fully reached yet when she knew that Jeongyeon wouldn't stop until they could live without being pursued.

"It's ok." Mina said passing an arm around her friend's shoulder, Sana lazily nodded. Unusually dropping her gaze, heart already racing with the brief thought of a future.

"I'll do what's necessary" Sana mumbled, and then grinned.

"I know" Mina agreed with a matching gummy smile, knowing each other for such a long time, sometimes it was like they could read each other's thoughts.

The cracks of the house made by the wind followed the silence away. The buzz of the loud music still playing on her earphones. A door opened in the set of rooms in a hallway before the balcony, Mina, being the attentive one, gazed briefly but noticed who it was, Sana seemed more distracted than necessary with her new smartphone in hands again. Mina shook her head and took her leave. Sana nodded returning to her quiet state, humming the melody right in key with the tune of music as she put her earphones again.

The younger girl encountered Jeongyeon still near the door of her room, seeming unaware while she cleaned something.

"Done." She mumbled, contemplating the insides of her room.

"Yeah" Mina startled her with her sneaky presence. She giggled seeing the other almost jumping. Jeongyeon had a hand on her own chest but then realized that it was just Mina. She sighed.

"How is she?" She asked.

"Go see for yourself. She's at the balcony." Mina said already turning around to leave. Jeongyeon glanced the place from a far. She could slightly see Sana.

"Hey" Jeongyeon called Mina that was already leaving.

"Later, after dinner, we need to discuss about something, can you tell Tzuyu to call YoungJae? I need to talk with him"

"I see, ok... What's it about?"

Jeongyeon looked more serious and so sure.

"My mother. I thought about it, since we can't find JaeBum right now."

Mina's expression changed for a second, and then she decided to nod and followed her path to downstairs.

The colorful evening turned into a bright night that day.

Jeongyeon approached Sana surely, wrapping her arms around her waist, keeping her still when she stopped swaying with the song. Jeongyeon always felt that warm sensation inside her chest with her, her heartbeat increasing with the warm feeling of showing affection for someone she loves. Sana giggled, smiling cutely to the sight of a peaceful Jeongyeon, like she didn't have worries and she was perfectly there for her. Jeongyeon gave a kiss on her cheek, being clingy was her thing sure and she feels overly happy with the other starting to show that side of herself. Jeongyeon was being sweet with her, although the adversities between them, they are really looking forward to develop that kind of love they were cherishing, to the future and beyond.

Although the hug was really cozy, Sana moved to put her cellphone down on a small table there, to then turn around and look at the other. They both were smiling, Jeongyeon only brought her closer, Sana hugged her even more, slightly expecting for a kiss. Jeongyeon left a peck on her forehead.

"Can't we just stay here like this?" Sana asked in a sweet tone, showing more sides of her personality, she hummed with her own thoughts.

They were protected there anyways. The bad guys couldn't find them there.

Jeongyeon became serious even if Sana was sounding like that and cutely pouting. The past brought them together, the future might be uncertain but Jeongyeon could see that without her it didn't make any sense. She cupped her cheeks and, her eyes shone.

"I really want to, but we have to end this." Jeongyeon said, even if sometimes she thought that maybe loving her would make them weaker, she didn't sense this right then. Sana nodded, already knowing what she meant.

"Jeongyeon..." She said out of a silent moment, they stared. Things ran in Sana's mind like thoughts misplaced, she had a lot of worries for sure, saying them out loud was difficult.

"You're my girlfriend now right? I mean we're both adults and I thought that maybe we can put a label into it" The words almost got caught by fearing the answer, she knows how much she loves her and Jeongyeon feels the same for her but also, she was really nervous.

Jeongyeon didn't look puzzled though, rather glad that the subject was brought, but still, a wrong step could make a wrong impression.

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" Her cheeks were turning a reddish pink. Her heart resonated between quick beats.

"Yes" Sana said. They both giggled.

She could finally see how Jeongyeon was a caring person. It enlightened her world.

 

>>>>>>>>

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter