Chapter 17 - Living

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Years ago, things seemed much simple to the eyes of those who didn't had many things to worry about.
A young boy passed the seesaw with heavy steps, hands inside his pockets, the winter winds covering his pinkish cheeks. His small hands encountered the comfort of a warm spot on the swings seeming like someone was there not too long ago.
"JaeBum"
He heard from afar, a tripping skinny boy waved his hand, with a wide smile.
"Hi" JaeBum said waving back, just forgetting his own wonders about the playground, or if anyone was previously occupying his favorite spot. He waited for the older boy to meet him. It was exciting to see his friend again, so much that his heart resonated in a rhythm that alarmed him.
Im JaeBum was eleven years old when he realized that life wasn't that kind, even when he was able to find someone that brought him such joy.
"Here" The older boy sat himself by the other swing and passed JaeBum a pair of gloves, like he knew that the younger would forget them. JaeBum looked surprised with the unsaid need since his hands were indeed cold.
"Thanks" He said taking the pair of black gloves and smiling.
Their silent was pleasant, sure they could talk about games, food, girls, even the weather, but JaeBum glanced to his side while swinging his feet near the ground and noticed the other boy's sad eyes, perhaps he didn't want to talk, maybe he didn't even want to be there but, they had no opportunities to meet those days and possibly never again if things remained in that course. Seconds passed, turning into minutes as they did nothing but eventually glance at each other.
"Hey-" JaeBum was about to say his probably final words, they knew that even being best friends, their interactions would be restricted for an undetermined time, maybe forever.
"Mark!" A woman's voice called from the way the older boy came. Mark immediately stood up and gazed back uncomfortably, he looked down to his feet, and then to the other boy.
"I have to go now, sorry." Mark said with a sad smile.
"Mark, we need to go!" Miss Minatozaki screamed again, Mark could already see her frame from afar. She was walking along with two young girls.
"But-" JaeBum mumbled. Mark bit his lip and suppressed his sadness.
"See you soon JB" He said and ruffled the boy's hair. JaeBum hated how the other blatantly lied to him like that. He knew that if Mark was really going to move out that day, they couldn't reach each other.
"Bye" Mark ran away like the cold wind, just looking back to wave to JaeBum as the latter pretended not care about his departure. JaeBum has a hard shell, but if cracked it's difficult to repair, and that day he was sure that it was shattered into pieces.
The eleven-year-old boy still didn't know that the worst had yet to come. He walked into his house with his shoes all muddy and wet, his hands still enveloped by the gloves Mark gave him. He took his coat and carefully stepped to see if he could reach his room without making any noise.
"Im JaeBum! Where were you?" His mother shouted coming into his sight.
"You need to study and now! I looked for you everywhere. Tell me." She commanded with a piercing gaze.
"I-I was at the playground" He slowly said, he could never lie to that woman. His mother gasped loudly.
"Don't tell me that you were seeing that boy again!" The woman said grabbing his arm. JaeBum looked away but nodded.
"I told you to stay away from him. I hate the family he is with now. That Minatozaki brats thinking that they have all the power" She exclaimed loudly.
"And that boy, Mark, it's the worst, he's just an orphan" She said, it was the first time that JaeBum looked that angrily to his mother, the woman only noticed when a vase near there cracked as JaeBum's magic started to react with his emotions.
"What are you doing?" She said not letting him go.
"Mark is my friend" JaeBum bravely stomp his foot on the ground. His mother chuckled bitterly.
"Not even in your dreams sweetie" She said shaking her head. JaeBum was mad. The vase broke into pieces.
"I hate you." He said with all the might in his lungs, clenching the gloves tightly.
The slap she gave him marked for some time, and he knew that the moment was going to be repaid by hours of magic training, his mother wanted him to be the best, even if that later costed the soul of her only child.

.

Another town, another time. JaeBum indeed met Mark again, years later. The older guy was passing on the streets and laughing loudly along with two pretty girls, the boy now stylizing a brown hair, much different from his black one but suited him perfectly, Mark didn't notice JaeBum just staring at the distance, one of the girls by Mark's side seemed highly affectionate to the guy. JaeBum thought he should be mad with Mark for forgetting him so easily but right there he felt empty like he never felt before.
The years did well for Mark, as JaeBum slowly faded to wear a mask full of evil intents.

.

The last time he saw Mark, it was after discovering everything he could about Minatozaki Sana. JaeBum figured out that the girl was one of the two that previous time. Even if a few years passed, she was always around, oddly enough, Mark really liked her, JaeBum was always jealous. Now he had a mission, and the emptiness was there again when Mark lied on the floor to die in front of him. Now he was hollow, numb, like an empty shell that was once cracked by the sweet guy which did nothing but be a light in another people's life. Although JaeBum was just fulfilling his orders, he was sure that killing Mark was what he was meant to do, or what he would do to completely lose his soul.
They were supposed to leave that day, Sana, Mark and Mina, and JaeBum couldn't let it happen again.
In the end, he still remembered Mark's sweet smile in that so long winter day when they were children.

.

.

.

Mark loved Sana.
Sana did love Mark, but not how he would like to.
He thought they were soulmates, made and shaped as one piece destined to be with each other, that since the beginning when she made him feel safe, since their eyes met by any brief second and he was assured to love her until the day he died.
His fate was different as he thought about loving her forever, even if they were like soulmates, even if Sana only loved him as a brother.
Finding these kinds of bonds were an exceptional destiny for them and finding it for the second time was overwhelming.
Sana did know that, she just thinks that everyone that loves her gets hurt somehow, which makes her overprotective to them, and to the point to hide her own bad condition.

>>>>>>>>

Weak, one of the common words used to describe those who don't use magic. Now they all knew, they saw with their own eyes, felt their lastin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter