Chapter 18 - Together

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon was clearly overprotective.
Sana was oddly quiet, clinging on Jeongyeon, watching over her shoulder how the woman moved around the kitchen, giggling whenever here and there Jeongyeon tried to do a bad joke about anything she could find, Sana smiled like she was the happiest person, back hugging the other more tightly when she tried to free herself. She was really clingy, especially now that she didn't know when bad things could happen, it was so sudden that seeing Jeongyeon alone that morning was enough for her to hold onto her passing her arms around her feeling her closer, sudden memories of the other day making her blush even more as they spent the rest of the day together. Also trying to at least not to cause any trouble. It wasn't convenient but they could say they were liking, it looked normal, Jeongyeon's heart was racing at first, but she slowly calmed down when she realized she should had already get used to Sana, she is very affectionate.
Though the day was in the beginning, Tzuyu was confused. She had just put a step inside the kitchen to see that, she looked around, like waiting for an unknown source of answers. Then she looked at the two again, one eyebrow up, Sana was still hugging Jeongyeon while the latter looked focused washing her hands on the sink, none of them seemed to notice how Tzuyu tried to find a way to question they two seeming completely normal with the skinship.
'What's going on here?' The taller bluntly thought, only then clearing , to call their attention.
Sana only let Jeongyeon go for a second, to turn to look at Tzuyu, which sat herself on a chair, crossing both of her hands and putting her hands below her chin, amused with whatever was that.
Sana turned to Jeongyeon again, the woman was washing the dishes now, she slipped her arms around her and whispered something in her ear along with a tiny giggle, and Jeongyeon slowly looked at Tzuyu from up her shoulder and ended up shaking her head for the other's expression before going back to her task, Sana smiled.
The younger didn't feel like asking, so she decided to ignore for now.
Mina entered the kitchen right after, she was used with walking with crutches already, although she may had forgot it a couple of times in the beginning, now it was more of a part of her life that she wanted so much to get rid of. Sana had let Jeongyeon go again to help her friend to pull a chair, then she sat on another one herself by Mina's side, Sana seemed to clear the space around with the brightness of her smile, Jeongyeon looked like she had a soft aura hovering around her.
They contemplated for minute, being together had become pretty normal for them, but since something more happened, it was a tiny bit of awkward. Jeongyeon had her hands full. She turned to the table and placed the food there, just then noticing that they were all waiting to eat. By the moment, Tzuyu was already too distracted with something else on her cellphone while Sana had immediately started eating with the sight of food and Mina slowly picked what she wanted, Jeongyeon raised her eyebrow, wondering if they all noticed how much they were suitable with each other. For the moment, wondering could wait when she had an angry stomach so, she shrugged the thoughts off, she left a smile ready to eat but then, as if something on the universe tried to interrupt her, the doorbell rang. She almost rolled her eyes.
Everyone stopped, attentively looking at Tzuyu.
"What?" The younger slowly asked, not believing she had to be the one to get up. The doorbell rang again.
"You know the house is yours, right?" Sana asked in between bites on her food.
"And yet you spend more time here than me" Tzuyu said, standing up, putting her cellphone on the table and shrugging her clothes from nothing apparently to go see who it is. It could be just a delivery or something she forgot to check.
Apparently, it wasn't, she looked out of the window before fully opening the door.
YoungJae was with his back turned, already far from the door and staring at the endless cliff near the big house, hands in his pockets as he waited patiently for a specific someone, it was like he knew or predicted that Tzuyu was the new to open the door, or even how she would take a while to answer.
Tzuyu wasn't aware of the detective's presence that morning, just later on in the hour they all agreed to meet.
"Hello" She called the guy's attention, YoungJae smiled and waved for Tzuyu to come closer, which she didn't mind and walked to meet the other near the cliff, the blinding lights coming from the sun making her cover her eyes, YoungJae walked a bit more far, Tzuyu followed beneath that waves of sunrays. She stopped by the other's side and contemplated the view of the horizon, crossing her arms, YoungJae was with a plain object below his arm, he brought it up and Tzuyu saw that it was a laptop. The silence was only breaking by the wind when the detective breathed before saying anything.
"I found Nayeon." YoungJae announced, finding himself getting back a bit from the big fall in front of them.
For more that Nayeon was good at hiding, YoungJae was better at being a detective.
Now they were serious, Tzuyu frowned not knowing the actual relevance of the sudden subject.
"And?"
YoungJae hummed, opening the laptop and balancing it with one hand while he tipped with the other. Through a lot of folders, he clicked a file clearly good stored. It was a security video from a street, where the sun got down with shades of yellow, reflecting as Nayeon seemed afraid to see the light, the date was from one day earlier and the location was far away from any big civilization. YoungJae let the one-minute video play until the end, the girl was apparently hiding and going to knock on a door where she was greeted and got inside, a small house, the footage wasn't that good but that was clearly and definitively her.
"I honestly thought about not telling any of you about this." YoungJae said closing the laptop. Tzuyu nodded slowly.
"Then why are you telling me?" She asked confused.
"You probably know why, from everyone you are the most rational, this is just another information for you, if I had told them at the same time their reactions would be unpredictable" YoungJae explained putting the laptop below his arm again.
"So?" Tzuyu asked, it made sense for her but she wasn't sure what she could do about that.
"So, I still have a consciousness and I need an advice. Do you think it's better to let them know where she is or not? It doesn't seem like she wants to be involved in any of this anymore for what Sana said and also the way she went missing" YoungJae asked, he was indeed in that business for a while but the situation was so delicate and it involved magic, sounded more reasonable to ask first.
Tzuyu hummed, looking forward to the horizon to think.
"Is she doing harm to anyone?" The air hung heavy.
"No, she is probably too scared to do anything" YoungJae was impossibly serious, even for him.
"You did well in telling me" Although Tzuyu was the youngest, she has a good sense of responsibility and dealing with serious matters. She finally turned to YoungJae.
"Don't tell anyone, keep the secret, we never discussed this"
Tzuyu turned back and glanced her house, thinking about the people there.
"We don't need more worries. Only if Nayeon gets back to do any harm" She completed. YoungJae nodded understanding.
"That's what I thought" The detective said, opening the laptop again and closing all the folders before turning it off.
"I'll keep an eye on her though. It's my job after all." He stated. Tzuyu gazed seriously at him, maybe trying to look threateningly but YoungJae let one of his smiles.
"This dies with me" The detective said to reassure.
The younger was about to say something but before she could the door of her house flied open in a dramatic way and a hyperactive Sana came from inside.

"The food is getting cold" She screamed and waved her hands in the air to call their attention, Jeongyeon was right after her, holding her in place as she almost stumbled on the front door, different from Sana, she was eyeing suspiciously at them.
"Food" YoungJae said with an amused and happy tone before passing Tzuyu with rapid steps, already looking forward to it. Tzuyu shook her head, keeping her calm while walking back to the house, patiently walking. She came to a stop, halting her steps to feel the gush of a colder wind, finally alone with her ideas.
She didn't know Nayeon and she hates her for making them suffer, but she honestly thinks that the woman is the only one that actually got away from that mess, maybe it was a blessing and maybe she knew it, Nayeon had an opportunity and she clearly took it, Tzuyu senses that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter