Chapter 21 - Effect

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night lights startled him, the view of the falling stars was starting to come together. JaeBum woke up in the hospital, finding a bandage around his head.
'What happened? '
He actually didn't know, although he remembers the previous conflict he was involved with, JaeBum didn't think he would be able to lose.
He put a hand on his head and carefully sat up.
"Finally!" A voice in the other side of the room called his attention. Behind the silver light of a table lamp, SeokJin was creeping in the shadows of the small space on a corner, sat properly on a couch, dozing off with his cellphone in hand and waiting, outside looked peaceful while he stared at a near window.
"What are you doing here?" JaeBum slowly asked before fixing his gaze on the guy, twitching his view between the silence of the hallway and the other, a breaking pain across his head.
"I was following you" At least he was sincere, SeokJin stood up, just then revealing that he could be the most harmless person of them with his soft smile and pink sweater.
"Why?" JaeBum glared, he understood the troubles of the other being there but, they were friends after all, or the closest he could get to one after Yugyeom and BamBam.
"Because your mother told me to"
JaeBum tsked with the answer.
"Why didn't you help me then?" He asked.
"I saw who knocked you out and then I brought you to the hospital, isn't this helpful enough?" SeokJin walked to him.
"Who was it?"
"Jihyo"
JaeBum clenched his fist.
"She's back." He groaned in a sudden rush of anger.
"I don't know where she is though"
"Why didn't you follow her?"
"You were going to die if I let you there"
"Don't be so dramatic" JaeBum said.
SeokJin giggled.
"Look, I was there because your mother told me to observe you, not fight when you're being dumb"
Oh, JaeBum truly hated to be called like that, even if the guy was older, he didn't have the right.
"Hm. And Nayeon?"
"No sight of her"
JaeBum smirked. Nayeon was finally out of the game.
"And it was all part of the plan. I don't need you to protect anyone." He said serious, getting up from his place with all his forces.
"Sure" SeokJin playfully said. 
"What about you finally give up on them and actually work with me?" JaeBum said after a while to the older guy.
"I still can't, and besides, you do need someone to tell how your mother is making the plans and how they are going right?" SeokJin sighed, knowing that he was in an endless need to stay in that situation of prison with JaeBum's family.
"Didn't you just say you don't need me?" SeokJin realized and smiled, JaeBum preferred to ignore that.
"Tell me what they're doing" He ended up saying to cut the subject. SeokJin fixed himself and started thinking.
"Well, for start, we're currently aware of their position, I mean where Sana is"
And yes, he knew Sana.
"What? How?"
"They're moving. Your mother thought it was better to give them the illusion of safety before actually taking their hopes"
JaeBum face palmed.
'They're all stupid'
"Tell me where they are, so someone can actually do something." JaeBum impatiently said.
"You know that I can't, you'll ruin our plans"
"You and your stupid plans"
"It's better than yours anyways, we don't need to kill her like you do, just let her incapacitated"
"Because you all are not smart enough to realize that that girl has to be gone and die"
"You're too cruel JaeBum"
"Think about how cool it will be when we finally get them" JaeBum said chuckling.
"Right"
"Wait, I take it back. You won't know because my plan is going to work faster than yours." JaeBum said.
"Yeah, oh right, you just need that hideous thing that is with Choi YoungJae and Park Jihyo" SeokJin said back.
"Shut up"
He chuckled.
"You're really not going to tell me where they are?"
"No" SeokJin said.
"So, you can go" JaeBum walked around the room and picked up his stuff. He put a hoodie to hide the bandage around his damaged head.
"You need to rest"
"I'll rest when I die"
"Where are you going?" SeokJin asked. The other was near the door by then.
"To make my plan work"
"Your plan is awful"
"Shut up, your plan is the awful one" Although JaeBum was younger, he was used to treat the other like that.
JaeBum twisted the doorknob.
"Try not to kill much people"
He opened the door.
"No promises"
They left and parted to separate ways.
In fact, yes, he just wanted all of Sana's powers in the end. That was the difference between him and his mother. Although she was a terrible mother and an even worst person, she had the consciousness of knowing that Sana wouldn't give up life so easily, and the woman had a thing for finding out the best way to get what she wants. Even if in the end she destroys everyone's lives, she already destroyed her son's in first place.

>>>>>>

YoungJae was recovering well, he didn't leave Jihyo's place though, there was like a gold mine of information.
"Is this?" He asked, standing in front of one of Jihyo's murals and looking at a picture.
"What?" She asked approaching.
"It's the thing. Wait" YoungJae pulled the little box out of his pocket, by then he just had opened it one time and it was when he found it. Jihyo understood.
"Yes. It's a magical artifact, like an object that someone linked magic with. This one is a replacement of a more powerful one, a copy of some sort made to extract magic" She said.
YoungJae hummed. He took what looked like a little metallic ball, not much bigger than a coin, out of the box, it even shone.
"Where did you get this picture and why do you have it?" He asked. It woke up YoungJae's curiosity.
"I got it from Nayeon and she got it from JaeBum's mother actually. Firstly, I know that his mother was going to use that on Sana but changed her mind and she was trying to make it disappear from him at the end. That's why it was hard to find, she had made a lot of things to make it gone before JaeBum could get it back."
"Okay" YoungJae said thoughtfully.
"So, what do we do now?" He asked, standing up and fixing his clothes.
"Wait a minute." She said already leaving the room. For a minute, YoungJae just sat really far from the blackboard where he was writing and thought a bit before Jihyo came back, she had something on her hands.
"Here"
It was YoungJae's gun.
"You can have it back now"
The detective quickly secured it in its right place with him.
"I have a question"
"Go ahead"
"Why didn't you just shoot JaeBum?"
YoungJae kept silence and looked down.
"I was honestly curious about what he was going to say. Stupid right?"
"Right, but yet-"
"I know, then I thought I could actually win, I had no strength to pull my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter