Chapter 10 - Mistakes

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It comes a time when memories are all that is left.

Jeongyeon griped tightly the fabric of her newly bought backpack, what is the point of doing all of that, she wondered, Sana had at least to be safe.

'I can't believe this is happening' Jeongyeon thought, she felt her head starting to get dizzy for the sudden rush of emotions flooding her mind. Nayeon was near and in front of her, guiding her to places through the club like she knew what happened in every inch of it.

"You didn't say what you're looking for" Nayeon suddenly broke the silence between them.

"Uhm?" Jeongyeon was lost in thought, Nayeon was once a huge part of her life and seeing her again made her feel, well, confused, happy, annoyed, questioning a lot, glad to be there, angry and a plain list goes on. She just has to know if it's a good sign or not to find that girl again.

"What are you looking for?" Nayeon asked one more time.

"Sana. I'm looking for her." Jeongyeon said widening her eyes in realization. Nayeon grinned in a forced smile.

"Her? You're looking for a girl? Ok, maybe she is in the main hall" Nayeon said going back from where they first met because that was the way.

"No, she was with me a minute ago" Jeongyeon said with her voice cracking in the end. Nayeon only hummed.

At that moment, in that already familiar hall where only her presence brought life to the place, Sana was confused when she again assumed her position to wait for Jeongyeon and she wasn't there yet, in her vision of course, maybe she was taking too long inside that restroom. At least was what she thought or certainly it wasn't the right decision when she earlier decided to leave her spot, she had an idea actually, one to take them out of there and that it was pretty but she got lost from the only person she could count on. Sana started to get anxious, thinking about the possibilities of Jeongyeon leaving her there.

'She wouldn't do that'

And of course, the chances of her getting caught or even worse, getting killed. She started fidgeting and looking uneasy at her sides as a small number of people started to pass around there and enter places.

A buzz ran through her ears, like an unconscious warning, and Sana was about to go away from there at the moment.

"There you are!" Jeongyeon exclaimed when she saw Sana waiting for her. She never had walked so fast in her life to get to the girl as a relieved sigh left Sana's lips when she saw her getting closer, Sana almost freaked out with the thought of being lost and alone there.

"Where were you?" Jeongyeon asked worriedly and checking if anything was wrong with her.

"I went to find another escape route since you were taking too long. I'm sorry" She apologized sincerely, somehow, she managed to regain her calm but her heart was still pounding so fast. Jeongyeon made a bold move and brought her closer, hugging her, the scare passed but she was concerned.

"Don't ever do that again" She said in worry, Sana buried her head down, she really thought of losing her and that was so much, too much of a bad feeling.

"I found an exit by the way" She then said.

"Okay good" Jeongyeon said but preoccupied.

The two didn't really noticed how Nayeon was looking at the scene until it was too late, her presence got faded for a moment so she cleared to call their attention.

Sana widened her eyes and stepped away from Jeongyeon.

"This is Nayeon, my friend. She owns the place" Jeongyeon started to introduce them, the girl smiled to Sana and showed her unusual bunny teeth, that smile was well known for Jeongyeon since she was an old friend.

"I'm Sana, nice to meet you." She said trying to match the smile. The girl in front of her was pretty, she can't deny that, and she was surprised that Jeongyeon even had people that she called friends and out of nowhere one of them was there and in the middle of the plan, ok, maybe Sana was starting to overthink and that only grew when Nayeon playfully started talking with Jeongyeon, well, perhaps she was being paranoiac but Sana swears that Nayeon was trying to ignore her presence, she was staring attentively watching Nayeon and that didn't go unnoticed.

The hallway was now more empty, giving them a better sensation of privacy.

"So, Jeong, what are you actually doing here?" Nayeon asked playfully, although that was just her way to speak, it bothered how her name rolled so soft out of her lips, for Jeongyeon it was nostalgic but Sana can't say the same, for her it was more like a realization, Nayeon was probably close with the other, herself didn't feel so much of a friend for Jeongyeon, maybe Sana and her were just people that know each other from the same interest or purpose. A smile was still marked on Nayeon's lips, like a rapid reaction or a habit. Jeongyeon let a dry chuckle for much of their surprise, she was quick to eye Sana with the corner of her eye and bring her gaze back to the girl in front of them.

"We have some business to take care with someone here" Jeongyeon answered, it was a well told lie because they had business there, but not much an agreement for both parts as a business should be.

"Great! I can only imagine what business you have in my club and in the middle of the night" Nayeon said with a laugh, she wasn't trying to increase suspicious between them but that sentence sounded a little like implying something. Jeongyeon scratched her nape thinking how to turn the tables of the situation, gaze adverting between Nayeon and the floor.

"But anyways" Nayeon was quicker to say.

"I'm so glad you're here Jeong, really, it's been too long and now we're together again" She completed with a wide grin.

"Yes, right" Jeongyeon simply said trying to avoid any further questions, maybe she was feeling happy for seeing the girl but a thought made that happiness disappear since she reminded what they were supposed to do and that she would leave Nayeon behind right after.

Maybe they weren't meant to be together after all.

Sana was silent, since she didn't truly feel needed in the conversation, she was trying to distract herself from the upcoming tension between both other people in that place. She wished it was her imagination picking those things in the air but suddenly Nayeon eyed her for a more than a second and that made her shiver for much unusual it was.

"Who you said you're going to meet Jeong?" Nayeon asked returning her gaze to the other.

"I didn't"

"Maybe I can help you"

"I doubt that" Jeongyeon almost mumbled.

"Is he or she in the main hall? I know everyone here so I can introduce you"

"Oh, you really don't have to, it's fine" Jeongyeon said, she was starting to get nervous.

"I want to help you." Nayeon said carelessly pushing her shoulder. Jeongyeon huffed a little, she couldn't escape that without an amazingly invented explanation so she was going to stick with Nayeon and see where it leads on, however, she didn't expect Sana to look at her suspiciously, and that was pretty obvious for the way the girl squinted her eyes at her. Nayeon was already walking and Sana was the first to get up and follow her, Jeongyeon was still coming up with the idea that maybe Sana didn't like that new plan at all.

A security guard appeared through the glimmering lights of the end of the hallway and that much startled Nayeon that was walking ahead, the guy eyed everyone and called Nayeon to talk silently, he whispered something to Nayeon and she threw a deadly glare, it didn't sound much of good news, she ended up gesturing to the security to leave and resumed to continue heading to the main hall with the others.

It seemed louder than before, the sound of music blasting and pumping through their bodies, people talking not seeming to worry for who passed by them, laughs and giggles, malicious eyes of those who were supposed to be very important people, they just put each other's in those standards hoping tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter