Chapter 20 - Then

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae had never get that far for a job, leaving his hometown to help a group of strangers. The hotel room wasn't big, enough for a few nights. It was intriguing when things started to go bad for him, even before that morning. He had to do that. He had a schedule after all. He was going alone to try to retrieve Jeongyeon's mom documents related to her first marriage, he and Tzuyu preferred like that. But first, he had another thing in mind.

YoungJae peeked behind curtains, an old habit from an attentive person. Well, if he would say, he really made an incredible discover the previous nights, just needed to put a plan in action.

In a line of unpredictable decisions, he chose to not to tell the others what he was going to do that morning before everything, and yes, he kind of knew that if he succeed, the course of their fates would be changed. He just needed a victory for his side and, not finding a better way to accomplish, he left.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Later that day, the burning sunrays crossing his eyes, as he seemed to move closer to a sidewalk in the middle of nowhere, the rings of a bell playing from afar, he was walking with a much known sensation of awareness, as if someone was purposely following every step he gave. It was true to say that, by then, YoungJae didn't have any idea where he actually was and that the hotel room was the only place he actually felt safe, even disliking it.

Although, he has to thank BamBam because the guy was the clue to the reason of him being there that day, it was because of an information on his files that the detective connected some dots and figured out about an important thing in their evil plans, a special object.

He went to a small shop there and was able to get the object. He had to leave quickly and maybe the middle of the street wasn't the best place to stay, not a single soul could be seen and the thought of the wanted safety passed his mind, although it all fell down when he looked back, and just in the beginning of the street, a familiar figure appeared. Not that familiar though, it was the first time YoungJae saw him in person.

Anxious, he gulped down, lightly touching the sides of his pocket where the distinctive reason of being there was. He gave a step back, not afraid but he didn't expect in being with no exit.

Surely, he could run, his car wasn't that far, and he already had things done in that part of the town, but his experience told that it would be worse to alarm an apparently dangerous person.

The street full of noiseless houses, like no one lived inside of it, the familiar figure moved closer to him seeming to be more known of the place than he was.

YoungJae didn't move or flinch, now the two of them were in the middle of the paved road, waiting for an unknown turn of events.

"I know who you are" YoungJae quickly warned him.

"Do you really? So, you probably know that what you have in your pocket belongs to me" The guy said, the detective didn't know how the other knew what YoungJae was doing there. Well, it was a really an important object apparently.

"You're Im JaeBum" YoungJae distractedly said touching the pocket were the small box could be found. Actually, that item was important for JaeBum, he was looking for it for a while, he even got back to his house looking for it but it wasn't there. Imagine his surprise when he figured out that YoungJae discovered where it was first.

YoungJae wanted to punch him, just reminding that he could consider JaeBum from stalker to killer. It looked like it was going to be the hard way, the other guy smirked, putting his hands in his pockets, his smirk could be mistaken for a smile if it weren't from his devilish eyes.

"Give it to me. We can work together." JaeBum said standing his hand like a peace offer. And yes, he knew who YoungJae was, it was getting worse by the second.

YoungJae didn't take him seriously and looked elsewhere, even ignoring, distracting the opponent. JaeBum tsked getting annoyed for the lack of attention. Although he looked down.

"I need this." JaeBum said.

"Now" JaeBum demanded, clenching his fist. YoungJae knew how threatening he could be, and seeing how the guy found him, it was truly surprising how Jeongyeon and the others were still safe by then.

Oh no, perhaps they weren't.

YoungJae sulked when he realized that if someone was after him it might be too late for the others. Tzuyu had to know what was happening, or Jeongyeon, or literally anyone that could give a warning. He slid his hand into his back pocket in a rush, finding his cellphone, stepping back carefully, not taking his gaze from JaeBum as it happened in a split second. YoungJae looked around and up to the sky, it looked like times were changing, when the sun decided to hid for the time being. Dark, it felt lonely.

"You can't have it" YoungJae wanted to delay the inevitable. He wanted to be brave in times like that.

The punch he received was somehow slower than he thought so, YoungJae successfully stopped the next one in time to push his cellphone back to his pocket in a safe place before giving all his attention to the defying Im JaeBum.

 

.

 

> >

 

In another ways, the others were doing their best.

Sana was always in her mind. Jeongyeon didn't imagine that even living in the same roof, she would suddenly look for her in the middle of the day to see if she was doing okay.

Since the beginning of the day, Jeongyeon spent most of her time making plans, while Sana was busy searching for better options. They were indeed a team, all of them together, dividing and conquering.

There was no way if Jeongyeon would describe how it cracked her heart in the middle of all joy when she realized how much Sana needed everyone there, and how she was thankful to them. It was delightful of course, to see her smiles every day, and the way her expressions show how she is feeling through all the adversities, but at the same time what worried her was exactly that, because seeing for another point of view, how Sana could be so bright in such a sad turn of events? She didn't know.

But, Sana also didn't comprehend; Jeongyeon tried so hard to be the mature one and stumbled so easily with anything she did. It also made her happy the way she cares about her, well, she expresses herself differently but they clicked together just fine.

Rain. It filled the deepest spots of the road near Tzuyu's house. It stopped the silence between them when they just listened the loosen drops tricking the windows. The lightness of the summer was replaced by the morbidness of the sudden winds and the humidity of the raindrops falling, the darkness of the hidden sun was what could be seen when Jeongyeon stepped in the living room that hour.

She could see scattered papers, a big part of the couch was occupied by it, while by its side really near by the end of the couch, Sana was sat down sideways with her knees up to her chest, hugging her legs, her head resting on a pillow, her eyes closed, a laptop open in the table in front of her, its screen already dark, as she didn't move a finger to continue what she was doing.

Jeongyeon didn't know if she smiled or complained with her for sleeping like that. Sana could sleep anywhere, really, being tired enough. It was true that the previous two days they didn't had much rest, just searching for a better way to proceed, thinking.

Jeongyeon approached with small steps, almost wanting to giggle because Sana was so much relaxed that her breathing could be slightly heard. She looked adorable if Jeongyeon would say, so much that she didn't want to mess with her. 

Jeongyeon decided to take a peek in what Sana was doing. She noticed just a glimpse of what it looked like the chain of the object clenched between one of Sana's hand, linked around her fingers. She shook her head, successfully closing the laptop in front of her without making any noises; Sana turned her position just a bit, adjusting her head further into the pillow.

Right then Jeongyeon thought that it was better to start to carefully reunite the papers on the couch, getting them all together and fixing the organized mess Sana had made. She put them all on the table beside the laptop. Then Jeongyeon wondered what she would do. Maybe it was better to wake her up or her neck could hurt later. 

Jeongyeon sat on the couch by her side, putting a strand of hair gently behind her ear, her hair softly to stir her out of her lazy nap. Sana flinched just a bit, startled, opening her eyes slowly to see Jeongyeon looking at her, so she smiled, humming, and stretching her legs slowly before turning and hugging Jeongyeon.

"Good morning" Sana said in a sleepy voice, successfully making the other smile.

"It's afternoon." Jeongyeon stated.

"Not for me" She replied. Jeongyeon hugged her and Sana rested her head on her shoulder.

Jeongyeon kissed the top of her head.

"Why are you sleeping here?" She asked softly.

"I was busy." Sana said showing her work.

"Take care of yourself first"

She knew that.

"I will"

"What were you doing?" Jeongyeon asked. Sana felt on her palm as the material of the golden chain intertwined around her fingers, so she opened her hand as it stood there, Jeongyeon hummed as she gave her the object.

"Mina said she saw this somewhere, I was looking for it." Sana said rubbing her eyes.

"Were you really expecting to find it online?"

"It belongs to someone so yes"

"Did you find anything?"

"Not really" Sana shook her head.

'It must be a magic thing.' Jeongyeon thought.

"But I didn't know what I was looking for anyways. We should ask Mina"

"You go ask her, I need to find Tzuyu" Jeongyeon helped her as Sana got up, after all she was just passing by, Sana smiled brightly before giving her a kiss on her cheek, lazily parting to disappear in the big house to find Mina.

As for Jeongyeon, she reunited her thoughts and got out of there seeing Tzuyu apparently taking care of one of her cars. The rain had stopped for just a moment.

"Hey" Jeongyeon said approaching, there wasn't a place where the raindrops didn't cover.

Tzuyu wasn't paying much attention to the other, she was trying to fix some 'useless', as she likes to tell, pieces of engine in the car. Tzuyu liked to do the heavy work for once. And she did it well.

"I need to know if you're coming with us." Jeongyeon asked, right then, Tzuyu was distracted but faced the other.

"Yes"

Jeongyeon wasn't surprised, she wanted to make sure though. Tzuyu was, well, the youngest one, and even being smart, she could be naive. Jeongyeon figures that that kid may be hiding some painful stuff inside of her, but Tzuyu wasn't easy to approach.

"And leave your life like this?" Jeongyeon asked a bit reluctant, sudden subject of such a relevance.

Tzuyu chuckled.

"Do you think so?" She asked, with a slight raise of an eyebrow. It was rhetorical, Jeongyeon didn't get that, Tzuyu indeed hid her reasons. Deep down, she just wanted something to cherish.

"Pretty much" Jeongyeon said squinting her eyes.

Tzuyu dramatically stopped what she was doing and wiped her hands.

"I have to. Someone has to take of you all." Tzuyu said. Even though she knew, the opposite could happen.

"Right" Jeongyeon shrugged and shook her head. Tzuyu left, grinning. Jeongyeon knew that she could trust her; they grew up with time, as much for Jeongyeon that didn't see how she started changing as she entered this one-way road, Tzuyu walks the same path. They can change for the best, not even noticing it, and they can be what they want to, the possibilities were enormous. Tzuyu learned that she couldn't even miss something she didn't know.

 

>>>>>>>>

 

Sana slowed her steps, stopping in the middle of the staircase, securing herself on the wall for better support, without noticing, she was losing her balance as a wave of bad feelings took her excitement away. She truly hated it, this, every second of agony infringed to this mess she had become. Luckily, she didn't fall. She was faster to hold onto the handrail of the staircase although luck was the last thing she should count on. She put a hand above her head.

"Sana?" It was like Mina's voice hung in one ear and disappeared in the other one, without noticing Mina was already in front of her, asking things she didn't comprehend, a sharp pain crossed her head before she came to reality again, Mina was kind of looking deadly worried, after all, she didn't want to pass through that again. Sana pouted.

"I was looking for you." She said, showing the chained object on her hand.

"What just happened?" Mina inhaled and exhaled quickly.

"I was a bit dizzy, that's all" Deep down Sana knew.

"I actually had an idea" She ended, taking Mina by the hand to the end of the stairs, the younger was reluctant, that wouldn't probably go well. Sana quickly found a plain table and put the said object on top of it.

"I can do a spell to search for it? But I need to look at your memories" Sana smartly suggested and that coming from Sana was a bunch of previously rejected ideas.

Well, it was true that she could do that, not all the time, but once in a while didn't hurt, they were that desperate.

"Sure" Mina was sweet. Indeed, she was, when Sana had those breakdowns she would be the first one to support. Her patient personality really outstands.

"Your hand" Sana said, Mina gently landed her palm on a standing one of Sana's, that put her serious gaze over the said curious object at their sight.

At first, the table almost broke, and it looked like a resistant one, the release of magic over it was too strong though. Sana squealed and exasperatedly cracked a smile to Tzuyu that apparently was passing by and saw it all.

'I will not ask ' Tzuyu took a mental note but approached, she didn't care that much for furniture. Mina was absolutely quiet about it, that was pretty normal.

It came the time for Sana to finally get a hold of herself and do what she meant after testing a bit. She held Mina's hand tighter and the other one she put above the object that was on the table. Concentrating. As long for the two girls, they both could feel the same thing on their hands, as a magic connection bounded together to form an access, Mina felt on her consciousness, Sana was looking for a specific regard of Mina's memory, about the said image in her mind. That was the hard way to do things, the only way left for them.

"Found it" Sana said after some past five seconds, she quickly retrieved her hands from the object, Mina was sure she would find something, her memory wasn't the greatest but she was sure she had seen that.

"Ok! I saw a house. Actually, I saw a hallway" Sana announced with a bit of drama.

Tzuyu taped her chin, thinking.

"And I know where it is" Sana said cheering up in the air. Mina and Tzuyu didn't seem to be in the mood to cheer with her.

"How do you know where it is?" Tzuyu asked wondering.

"It's more like a feeling." Mina said.

"Yeah, but I also saw the name of the street"

"Oh"

"And it means that you have already been there Mina"

"I'll see if I can remember" Mina said a bit curious.

"What's going on?" Jeongyeon came from the same way as Tzuyu.

"This" Sana to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter