Chapter 24 - Transition

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoo Jeongyeon was determinate. Even with concern on her thoughts, she couldn't be more certain of one thing in her life. Taking them out of there, no matter what.

She let heavy puffs of breath accompanied with quick inhales of air, sweat glistening in that dark place, the wind striking made her shiver under the moonlight.

"I'm so tired" Sana put a hand on her chest, taking a breath after whining. Minutes ago she was powerful, right then she felt drained. She knew she couldn't stop but she had to, just because she wasn't used with such a rush. Jeongyeon was taken aback. She feared Sana wouldn't handle it much longer.

Countless minutes passed.

They were in the middle of a set of trees, trying to hide as the wind brought the sounds of cracking branches, even if it was distant, it echoed until where they were and freaked them out. Jeongyeon assumed that the bad guys would find out about the car crash soon and come after them.

She stopped, putting both hands above her knees and took a deep breath.

"We have to find something... To take us out of here." She said between breaths.

"I can't run anymore." Sana said not thinking straight.

Jeongyeon gulped down and wiped the sweat on her forehead, getting closer to her and holding her hand.

"I want you to get on my back" She said.

"Are you sure?"

"I am. The road isn't really far from here I guess, since I could hear a car a few minutes ago, so we're close" Jeongyeon said turning her back at her and crouching a bit. The objective was to find a road the furthest the crash happened.

"It's okay, now go on" She added.

Sana carefully put her arms around Jeongyeon's neck and positioned herself before Jeongyeon secured her legs and brought her up to start walking with her like that.

"Better?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I can see that you're struggling" Sana said felling a little guilty.

"No, I'm strong, don't worry, you weight nothing, I can barely notice" She assured her, rushing her steps a bit. Sana pouted.

"I just need you to hold tightly on me" She completed, breathlessly walking through a way she swears she saw a light in the distance.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Although they were still far that hour, Jeongyeon was right when she said she heard a car nearby. The said car passed with an incredible speed to the narrow road covered by shadows, cutting the wind like a knife.

None other than JaeBum's mom was driving it, no wonder it was in such a hurry. After that, it didn't take her a minute to arrive where she wanted.

She stopped a bit away from the car crash, seeing the car destroyed.

Just ahead of the scene, stood leaned at a black car none other than Gong Jihoon, accompanied by other two guards. She didn't take a step forward and waited for him to approach.

"What happened here?" She calmly said. Gong maintained a straight expression.

"A car crash. Your son was the driver." He said.

"Hm, I see." She said coldly.

Gong clenched his fist without her noticing, the woman looked at the car again, arms crossed, she had a piercing gaze. No attempt to approach.

"I found something though"

Right then, the guy pulled from his pocket the object the woman thought she would never see so up close, the one she wished the most to be able to fulfill her objectives since the beginning, the magical artifact shone against her pupils, letting its subtle golden glow on the chain illuminate.

"Remind yourself to explain me how you obtained this"

She was truly surprised. Jihoon nodded.

"And my son? Is he alive?" She asked.

Gong Jihoon looked at her with a brief sad gaze.

"I can take you there"

The guy put his hands in his pockets and turned around. Passing the broken car, his men had already take the bodies out. There laid two bodies that looked lifeless, one of them had a piece of metal near his heart while the other had a pool of blood around his leg and a hole in his arm.

His mother didn't finch, JaeBum's body looked pale at the little light illuminating them, face untouched, he was the body with his chest pierced, the rest covered with scratches and bruises from the pieces of glass.

Gong Jihoon was cold, merciless, one of the best people in the terms of killing others. Ones once said he has no heart.

"I'm sorry. I don't know if he can survive such injuries, he's gone." He said, walking away to leave the woman with the body of her son. After all, he knew the pain of losing his loved ones.

"Wait" She said, looking away from the sight in front of her. She didn't want to take a step forward to near the body of her son. Maybe it was from pain, maybe not.

Jihoon turned his head at her.

"Send the rest of the men after Sana, she can't be that far and we can both go back to the base and make a proper plan this time" She turned her heels and walked away, passing Jihoon that looked confused at the bodies.

"What about them?" He seriously asked.

"Let them there." She said.

It was like Jihoon's eyes got on fire with anger.

"He's your only son." He said trying not to lose his patience.

She didn't even look back.

"He stopped being my son the moment he betrayed me. That's the decision he took and if he dies because of it, so be it." She said still walking away.

Jihoon wasn't a person to talk much and just masked his pain with something else, but he was getting every moment angrier at being in that situation. There were things he couldn't just handle. But he had to, seeing the bigger picture was his specialty.

In the end, he just followed her to her car, masking his true intentions was easy when the other people aren't paying attention, believing in his blind faith on them. He sent the rest of his men to find Sana before getting back to the said base of the operation.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

SeokJin opened his eyes widen, noticing how they were stained by his own blood, a big scratch really close of his head, making a burning cut on his eyebrow.

"JaeBum" He whispered, seeking the other with his blurry vision.

He turned to his right and saw it, his friend's body laid on the floor. It cracked SeokJin's heart to see that.

"I said I would save you"

Jin got a hand up, trying to move and reach for JaeBum, he was further away from him and his strength was little.

Suddenly his hand glowed a bit.

"Finally, my powers are back" He murmured with a small smile. Although he couldn't heal himself, he could do the second best with the power he had. Saving his friend's life.

"You're so stupid." SeokJin mumbled, doing his best to get his body closer to the other. When he was finally able to, he put his hands above JaeBum's head, closing his eyes and using his powers to successfully bring back a bit of JaeBum's consciousness by healing him, SeokJin could feel a bit of his friend's breath against his fingertips.

"Thank God"

Then he searched his pockets, and found his cell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter