Chapter 15 - Timeless

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It tricked her, the illusion of safety they were believing, her magical world full of evil people, the confusion of her emotions, Jeongyeon kept wondering if feeling anything in those situations was for the better or worse, and yet falling in love. But really, even knowing that somethings she just can't ignore, trying her best to control it seemed more reasonable than surrender, it kept her sane, admitting was the hardest, or the easiest in her own ways.

Jeongyeon breathed heavily feeling a better air, lighter, not so full of lingering worries that earlier seemed to zoom on her mind. Dark, her eyes followed the shiny stars through the window, then the ceiling of the room. Now that, the little things she could suddenly notice, Jeongyeon was laid down, head resting on a pillow as she looked at both of sides of her just to see Sana on the same room, a bit far, near a window, book in hand as she seemed to drift in thought.

"Hi" Jeongyeon said, lazily sitting up, Sana looked at her quickly, smiling.

"Hello" She answered back, Jeongyeon fully rubbed her eyes to look at her, her feelings overflowing with her gaze as Sana approached, leaving the book aside to sit at the end of the bed.

"How you're doing?" Jeongyeon asked like another normal start of a day, suddenly having to break the stares between them, too much was happening too fast.

"Better than you I think" Sana said with a tiny giggle in the end.

"Really?... How did you take me out of there?" Jeongyeon sheepishly asked, maybe she need to regain some of her strength because she was drained, Nayeon's treatment hit hard in her mind, but she could remember it all, as the older girl really freed her. Sana thought hard about how to explain.

"Wait, did you kill her?" She asked or stated, eyes widen, not much in surprise but in dangerous expectations.

"No" Sana protested, crossing her arms.

"I talked with her." She said like it was nothing, puffing her cheeks a bit from the other to think such things about her.

"You what?"

"I asked her to let you go and she did" Sana explained.

Jeongyeon stared her again not believing it.

"And then you killed her" She said, that sounded more reasonable, because a crazy Nayeon couldn't be that easily convinced.

"No, stop! Ask YoungJae later" Sana said slightly pouting.

"YoungJae? Who's YoungJae?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Choi YoungJae, he's helping us now"

"The detective? How?"

"I told him everything and he agreed to help"

"Good and no one died?" Jeongyeon said letting a relieved sigh, followed by a smile, and it was comfortable to see it after so much trouble. They were comfortable. But Sana was troubled by the answer, she didn't know if she was happy for Nayeon not being dead or something.

"No one died and as far as I know Nayeon is okay... Do you care about her?" Sana asked, let's just say that she was not that confident anymore, and it had to be a bit of an issue to unsettle Sana's confidence. Jeongyeon thought for a bit.

"You would be a killer if you killed her." She repeated remembering that Sana once had affirmed that.

"You're right." She simply said, nodding. They fell in silence, an easy one to think, Sana was relieved, she looked down and relaxed, briefly stealing glances at the other, feeling those little sparkles inside of her chest making her heart warm, Jeongyeon was just there finally on her reach. 

"Why are you here?" Jeongyeon suddenly asked. Sana tilted her head in confusion.

"Eh?" She asked, not sure about it.

"Were you waiting for me to wake up?" Jeongyeon said.

"We took turns, we have some questions to ask you and now it was my turn, don't be so convinced." Sana said, getting up.

"Do you want to rest or can I call the others?" She then asked.

"... Let me sleep a bit more" Jeongyeon said laying down again. Sana grabbed the book she was reading and went out just to warn the others.

 

>>>>>>>>

 

To tell they were happy, well, they were but yet, so many questions for too little answers.

About three nights passed, they finished plans and discussed the future, tried their best.

Sana was strangely quiet after a while. Mina had been noticing how the woman purposely skipped through subjects, as like she was deep in thought or reluctant to come up with a few words. They had been on the couch, lazily searching for a good amount of distraction, an untouched sensation lingered in the air, of curiosity and even confusion, all of that coming from Mina since the other had been blinking her sleep away.

'She's probably tired' Mina thought in a brief second when Sana yawned, eyes fixed on the TV but not really paying attention, Sana had only been there because she claimed to keep company to Mina as they didn't have too much time to hang out the past days. It almost looked normal, or routine.

Mina knows better, always does, there's something bothering her but she doesn't want to push any buttons.

 

.

 

If people like Nayeon exists in the world, Jeongyeon couldn't just stop of being reluctant about her emotions. If it took a crazy person to scatter her brain to make her realize that she was falling for Sana, she couldn't just tell her and promise things she wasn't sure to fulfill, remembering that she barely got back to accomplish her first promise. Call it overthinking, but Sana didn't let her mind for a second.

Jeongyeon crawled back to her designated bed and stretched all over it in frustration, yes, she was quite tired but with a restless mind, and besides, she had slept for a while in her stay with Nayeon. She was sure it was burned in her mind the things she made her see, the agony of not remembering the meaning of living those days and knowing the people around her. She doesn't want to feel like that ever again, even every minute in the last three days when she realized she was staring at Sana or avoiding her gaze, just in thought that, what if she was feeling like that for the moment, what if it passed or it was accidental. It was absurd to think, strange to live and worst to the point she wanted to shout again to anyone other than her about how it was suffocating to have Sana right there near her, by her side, and keep denying how she made her feel those things when she least expected to find the beautiful sensation of smiling just for seeing her happy. Doubts, they grew like wild fire when she's not yet forgotten about almost forgetting her.

'Would it be better?' Jeongyeon asked herself pushing her body to the other side of the bed as she sighed, that inquire regarding about bury those feelings to pass by their lasting journey without any further psychological damage, Sana was still getting pursued after all, yes, they had Yugyeom and BamBam successfully arrested, Nayeon was nowhere near the scene when the police got there but, since Sana said that the girl wouldn't be a problem, she actually believed. Ignoring became a common thing in her life before the incident, now she sees how awful it is to do that.

She blew a cold sigh this time, it was indeed freezing, and soon the sun would come up, so she shifted again to keep herself still and possibly stop to try to predict what will happen if Sana loved her back, she just didn't want to cause any more pain to her.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

Although Tzuyu was out of the house, most of the times working, she really didn't count in finding a positive attachment every time she opened the door and every day she was greeted by those strangely friendly girls preparing dinner for all of them, mostly Jeongyeon since she knew some stuff about food, mostly about eating it. Tzuyu often prefers to shake off her thoughts of actually liking their company and plays hard to get especially when it comes from Mina's judgmental eyes when she tries to skip meals. Mina only had called the other to eat that night because Tzuyu looked as skinny as she could split in half but now she knew that it wasn't a very good idea, Tzuyu gave a lecture about how she couldn't waste her time and it was enough.

"And why are you forcing your leg?" That she asked just seeing Mina uncomfortably standing at the kitchen, at least she sounded calm. Mina didn't answer. Tzuyu saw her crutches near herself and shoved into her direction, Mina took it quickly and dragged herself out of the kitchen, the other rolled her eyes with the sight, she didn't understand how the other could be the most stubborn person she ever met, quiet, sometimes even shy but with an unb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter