Chapter 2 - Transition

Until spring comes again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day passed with expectations.

As far for the moment, their so called hidden magic society received the news well for their surprise. The sides of the conflict were starting to be traced and from now on all the families connected with magic knew they had to choose who they would support through the process. Sana's family belong to the high scale of the community because of the girl's splendid and still unexplored powers. For the moment, they hoped reason could defeat fear and the other families would gather by their side, they just didn't count with being stabbed in the back by the others like that, Mark was dead and if they wanted a conflict, now they had one.

.

.

.

Jeongyeon couldn't believe what just happened, she understands why the police is so engaged in discovering the killer, it's always so calm around there that she knows why everyone is so shocked. It even looked like a completely different neighborhood when she remembered seeing the number of people with curious eyes reuniting around the crime scene earlier. She was still in the police station and it was so noisy that her head started to spin. Jeongyeon stepped quickly to leave the place but her rapid steps were interrupted when she bumped into someone.
"Sorry" Jeongyeon apologized a little distracted. The guy she accidentally hit was Sana's father that eyed her up and down, but he remembers that Sana said that the current suspects weren't the killers. Jeongyeon started to leave. The older guy preferred to let her go and proceeded to where he was going.
"Oh, detective" Sana's father called Detective Choi from the distance. He was out of the interrogations room to call Jinyoung to be interrogated.
The detective came closer to him, curious.
Sana's father needed to know who are those people somehow, he insisted in talking with Detective Choi and making the guy tell him what he wanted to know. YoungJae saw no reason in them knowing who are the suspects and ended up telling Jeongyeon's name.
"Fine... Her name is Yoo Jeongyeon, the guy is Park Jinyoung and the other is Wang Jackson, me and the rest of the police are going to keep an eye on them so don't even think in making any harm to our suspects, you were going to find out anyways. Now I have to work so goodbye and good luck." YoungJae said before leaving.
'Yoo Jeongyeon, I know that name... She is definitively not the killer. If the others are with her then they definitely aren't the killers either... But, this is suspicious' Sana's father thought getting back to his family. He just found Sana and Mina waiting since his wife was being questioned by other cop. He waited for everyone to gather again before pushing everybody to somewhere more private to discuss that.
"You're right Sana. They have nothing to do with Mark." He said.
"The girl is Yoo Jeongyeon, the others are Park Jinyoung and Wang Jackson" He completed.
"Is this supposed to mean anything?" Sana asked curious.
"Yes, she is a Yoo. It means she is one of ours. Her family always help"
"What? So, she knows about everything and about the community?" Sana asked with a surprised expression.
"Most probably... What troubles me is why she didn't contact anyone yet... Maybe she is afraid. Who wouldn't be?" He said.
They were interrupted by a police officer calling them.
"They are calling you so go. I'll talk with Yoo and figure it out" Sana's mother said to her husband.
"Girls, stay here and be careful" He completed leaving them to wait again. Sana and Mina nodded. There was nothing they could do.
"I'll be right back." Her mother said before heading out to the parking lot with hopes of finding Jeongyeon still there.
The woman was inside her car staring at the steering wheel, everything happened so fast to her. It was like a bomb dropped on her life.
The other taped the car window and she slowly and suspiciously let it down.
Sana's mother just wanted to help because she was that nice and, since she knows that the Yoo family also has magic that was just another reason to talk with her.
"Hello" She greeted.
"Hi" Jeongyeon said eyeing her serious.
"I'm here in the name of the Minatozaki family. We will be glad to help you through this, we know you didn't kill him." The woman said serious.
'What? Who? Weird' Jeongyeon thought, she was actually surprised.
"How do you know?" She asked.
It was her time to look at Jeongyeon suspiciously. Sana's mother really had the intention to answer her but she heard a sound coming from not so far and turned around to look. She noticed the presence of some suspicious people following at her direction.
"Look, we can't talk now" She said and nervously opened her purse to take paper and pen.
"Meet me here. We trust you and your family" S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter