Jealousy

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After everything that had happened Donghyuck was still having trouble composing himself as he wave’s goodbye to Jaemin and lightly opens the front door to his house. It was almost 7. He hadn’t realized just how long they spent walking around hand in hand, reminiscing their childhood. There was no one in the living room or the kitchen.

He removed his shoes near the doorway taking measured steps towards his room when he heard footsteps coming down the stairs. He could swear his soul left his body as he heard the sound of slippers against the hardwood floors. Donghyuck’s parents were pretty liberal and understanding but at the end of the day they were still Asian parents. He quickly took out his phone and jumped over the couch trying to look as casual as possible while his heart kept thumping in his chest. Donghyuck tried not to look back hoping whoever was coming downstairs would just ignore him.

“What are you doing up so early?” Came his father’s voice from behind him.

Donghyuck was stiffly sitting with his phone in front of him, unable to say anything.

“I just... I woke up early.” Donghyuck says finally, still refusing to look back as he unlocks his phone.

“But why are you downstairs?”

“Um... the.... the Wifi is better here.” Donghyuck says visibly sweating through his clothes.

“Okay. What do you want for breakfast?” Donghyuck’s father asked heading towards the kitchen.

“I think I’ll skip. I’m going to be in my room.” Donghyuck said getting up from the couch.

“Why are you still wearing jeans?” his dad asks pouring himself a cup of coffee as he looks at his overly dressed son.
“I fell asleep in them.” Donghyuck lied, rather impressed at his skills he didn’t know he possessed.
“Hmm” was all Donghyuck’s father said as he watched his son climb up the stairs and vanish inside his room.
Donghyuck could barely keep his eyes open once his head hit the pillow. He can deal with everything later on; right now he needed his sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donghyuck felt happy and somewhat relieved thinking back to everything that had happened the day before. He really wanted to be able to tell his friends about everything that took place, but he didn’t want to out Jaemin. They hadn’t talked about it as yet and until then he just has to keep his excitement to himself.

“You look happy today.” Jeno comments after a while of driving.

“What? Can’t I be happy?” Donghyuck asks getting defensive the way he always does.

“No, you just look extra happy today.”Jeno says taking a turn, getting closer to their destination as he mockingly asks “Did your sister fall down the stairs again?”

“I wish. The heathens living her best life.” Donghyuck says shaking his head.

“Why do you keep insulting your sister anyways?” Jeno says looking sideways towards him.

“You don’t know her. She’s evil.” Donghyuck says

“She’s ‘your’ sister.” Jeno says ignoring his dramatic best friend.

“Just drive.” Was all Donghyuck said as he folded his arms in front of his chest, looking like a 3 year old.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Mark hadn’t ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter