Take You Home

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

A/N: The song they are performing are enclosed with parentheses. () 
You could listen to it while reading too. ^^

 

The time of the concert came and you were anticipating while you were waiting for them to perform in the front row. You were biting your lips and moving your legs because you were excited. Many people came and bought the ticket so you were already proud of it, but you're nervous as well.

 

Then a hand on your shoulder made you jolt back to reality. It was Luhan who was already had his make-up and outfit for his performance. You hugged him and squealed in excitement, "Oh my gosh Luhan you're so gorgeous!" you really found Luhan beautiful, prettier than you were.

 

And he laughed at you and asked you how you were because he saw your puffed eyes even with those sunglasses on. You sighed but you didn't really want to bother him in time of his performance, and it was his day to perform so you couldn't infect him with the bad mood you had, so you told him, "A little lonely, I guess. Naeun won't be here tonight because she has classes." You pouted at him but Luhan knew that it wasn't the only reason why you were lonely.

 

At least you were honest to him by saying you're lonely, and he appreciated that that's why he gave you a smile and he patted your head. You smiled at him as well and cheered him up. You knew that he would do his best.

 

The lights then went dim and it's the signal that the concert was starting. Everybody cheered and was excited for the concert. And you were just like everyone as well.

 

Your team came up the stage to perform the first song. Although it wasn't the one you composed since Junmyeon and Kris wrote its lyrics, you were still proud not because you helped in choreographing the routine but because it was them who were performing.

 

( Growl )

The boys were in front of you and you shouted, "Fighting!" They looked at you and they were relieved and happy that you were able to sit in the first row. The song started and you bobbed your head with the beat, and Tao started. "Yo... okay, y."

 

And you were caught because Tao looked so cool that first part which was the total opposite when you were practicing since he whined a lot more than everyone.

 

Everybody shouted on the top of their lungs as if they already heard the song, but you were happy for it and you screamed with them.

 

Your brother started singing and you expected that he would do well. You could see the smirk he had on stage and you felt like he was a different person everytime he performed.

 

Sehun sang next and you laughed because he was still awkward and all in singing but his skill in dancing was out of the question.

 

Then Baekhyun sang his part and looked at you, smiling. You put your hands up and cheered for him too. You never really expected Baekhyun to give off that y vibe like the song had, but you felt your heart beating fast when he looked at you, singing his part.

 

Jongdae did that too, but rather than your heart beating fast, he made you laugh because you could read his mind saying, "Look at my moves Jieun. Aren't I cool?"

 

It was your senior Minseok's part and you knew that he was indeed a senior. He did his part flawlessly. "He's so cool!" you heard a girl said and you smiled in agreement.

 

It was Baekhyun's turn again and you suddenly became conscious. You felt that he also looked at you while he's singing his part. You wanted to shrug it off and you patted your chest to calm your heart down but the girl beside you asked you, "Is he your boyfriend?"

 

You then looked at him, "Ah no, it's probably can't see me because of the lights." You told her but she still said otherwise because Baekhyun was still looking at you. You just gave him a smile in order not to put a wall between you two.

 

Then the chorus part played and you were a little confused because not all of the members were there but you could hear Kyungsoo's voice as background vocals.

 

Then Tao went to the other corner and revealed the other set of your team and everybody cheered once again. You were surprised because you hadn't had any idea that they would do that because last night they just danced altogether. But it drew you closer to the performance, making you anticipate more.

 

Kyungsoo continued the song and you could see his excitement. You smiled at that because you saw how happy he was singing the part of his song. And in all honesty, you had goosebumps when he started singing. You heard his passion in singing and probably, the others did too.

 

Kyungsoo's part ended and you were a little disappointed because he couldn't see you. You knew that he couldn't see you because of the lights and his eyesight was really bad. You just laughed at that.

 

Senior Junmyeon sang and danced. You felt proud of him because he was really conscious when practicing. He didn't know what dance moves he should do but he looked so handsome and confident on his part.

 

Then Luhan's part started and you screamed so much, cheering for your baby. "Luhaaan!" You waved your hand because you could see that he was looking for you. And he smiled at you, knowing that you were watching them perform.

 

And the chorus part started and you were busy admiring Kyungsoo while he was dancing handsomely. You praised their make-up artist in your mind for their style for the song.

 

And the rap part started with Kris and Chanyeol doing their parts well. You were so proud of Chanyeol and waved to him on the ocean of audiences because you wanted him to see you but he really couldn't because he was looking afar, though it was alright with you because Kris saw you and pointed at you.

 

Senior Yixing looked to where Kris was pointing to and he saw you. You waved hi to your senior while he was singing his part and he gave you a dimpled smile.

 

The song continued to the bridge part and you admired them a lot more because of the vocals they presented to the audience. Everybody cheered and praised your members and you were smiling throughout their performance.

 

Everybody was discussing who they liked and you couldn't help but laugh at it since you somehow knew what their attitudes were and it wasn't that close to what the other girls were expecting.

 

The break had ended and it was now time for the Dance Troupe members' entrees to perform. Luhan was the first one to dance and you screamed your heart out to scream for him.

 

It was the first time that he composed a song and danced to it. And you were very proud of him. You were in awe as you watched him dance his heart out, having your mouth opened at every moves he made. And you didn't know why but you shed little tears because you knew he loved what he was doing and you knew the sleepless nights, blood, sweat, and tears he spent for this performance. It didn't go to waste; you knew that for sure as he finished his dance and went to the backstage with the audience applauding.

 

You ran to the backstage to congratulate him, "Luhan!" you called for him and he immediately hugged you and it surprised you a bit because he was also drenched in sweat but you hugged him back. "You're so great! You did great!" you told him and he dragged you to the changing room and told you to wait.

 

You waited for good two minutes, you saw Kyungsoo walking in front of you and he was surprised to see you backstage. You didn't know if you'd greet him but you just gave him a smile to at least cheer him up for their performance.

 

You wanted to tell Kyungsoo he did great because you still remembered that he really wanted to do this with you. You were about to call him but Luhan came back as fresh as he was earlier. He then dragged you outside the changing room and walked you to where others were not around.

 

You could see the stage and the other acts were being performed when Luhan called your name. "Jieun..." you then looked at him and he was looking at you, and the look he gave you was something that bothered you because it depicted an unknown kind of loneliness, "I-I have something to tell you."

 

You then gestured him to spill it then he exhaled to earn courage. "You know that I- you're my best friend." And you nodded at what he said, "I mean you're my best friend but I know that I'm not your best friend but it's okay for me because you're kind and everything but it's not what I should be telling you." You could see that he was in panic when he said those words. You laughed at him because it was the first time you saw him flustered.

 

"Y-you're my girl best friend and I want you to know this because you're the only one whom I could trust and I know that you'll accept me for what I am feeling."

 

You were a little confused at what he was telling you but you were listening. "I-I like Sehun."

 

And you blinked your eyes in shock at what he said. You could see on his face the disgust for himself and you didn't know that. "I-I never expected myself... I couldn't really accept it at first."

 

"B-because I know that no one would understand it easily, even myself, I didn't understand it easily why am I this way. I'm disgusting you, right?" and tears welled up on his eyes.

 

You then held his hands to tell him that you were there. "I-I'm now hopeless Jieun. I know that Sehun is my apprentice but I tried really hard not to fall for him but I knew in my heart that I have my eyes on him ever since you two joined the club."

 

"A-and I know he wouldn't love me. I mean, I'm cold and I don't really look at him in the eyes because I'm afraid he would see that I like him. But I know that he won't love me. Nobody would love me, right? I don't even love myself so I'm not really expecting him to love me. But this desire kills me." His hands were curled up into fist even though you're trying to relax it.

 

You looked at Luhan who was hurting then you told him, "Me, Luhan. I love you."

 

And Luhan looked at you, his tears started to fall. "I love you Luhan for what you are, for who you are. And I'm really thankful that you told me this even though it is difficult for you."

 

"Luhan, I love you. And I love you for you and not because of your gender. I love you because you're Luhan." And you hugged him because he really needed it.

 

Then he mumbled, "But I love Sehun, I'm clarifying you." You and Luhan both laughed, you told him, "Yah, you know what I'm talking about. Or do you want me to kiss you?"

 

"Yah." And he softly hit you on your side.

 

You were really touched that Luhan told this difficult confession for you. "I thank you Luhan for your confession." You smiled and were still comforting him.

 

Then you whispered to his ear, "I like Kyungsoo."

 

And he suddenly pulled you back with those his eyes surprised at your sudden confession, "No, you don't!" Then his expression suddenly changed as he rolled his eyes at you. "Well, I know."

 

And this was the time where you were shocked. You asked him how. "You know I can see your eyes Jieun. I always see your eyes, your attention, you're really obvious." And it was time for you to be embarrassed, you thought that you could hide it from everyone.

 

"I want to receive those looks, those loving eyes, that heart, Jieun..." he told you and then pouted as he whispered, "if only you're Sehun."

 

"Yah you're mean!" it's your time to hit him and he laughed as he told you he was just kidding.

 

"But thank you Jieun." And the atmosphere turned serious and sincere once again. "Thank you for believing in me and not judging me. I love you Jieun." And he hugged you once again. You were so happy for what you heard today as you realized that Luhan really did believe in you and trust you. "Then shall we go?" he then stood up and grabbed your hand as you both went to the concert once again. He went backstage while you went back to your seat in the front row.

 

Junmyeon then went up the stage to introduce the entrees from the Acapella Club and Baekhyun's turn was the last one before the last performance of the whole group.

 

Each entry was a pierce to your heart as they all depicted long-lasting love and a break-up song. While ours haven't even started. You sighed and waited for Baekhyun's turn. You also thought what if you had composed a song, you wondered what technique would you do for the song. But you laughed at yourself because you couldn't really sing that well.

 

You were still staring until Kris told that the last entry for the Acapella Club would be delayed because the other students requested to let the group perform. It was the one you composed with Kyungsoo.

 

And everything came back, you were excited of course, but you were still bittersweet at the memory. It was when there was no Jisoo around. Everything was perfect back then, Was it really?

 

( Unfair )

And the song started with Kyungsoo which surprised you. You looked at the members because that was not the one you arranged and edited out with Baekhyun. But you listened as Kyungsoo pulled you back to where your heart was beating for him, he was smiling at the crowd, Ah, that heart-shaped smile.

 

"If you smile at me like that - It's hard for me to not feel anything" And that really spoke your heart whenever Kyungsoo smiled at you, before.

 

"I've already had several cups of coffee baby - But why do I still feel like I'm in a dream?" Minseok sang but your memory with Kyungsoo sipping your morning coffee everytime he came to your house was playing inside your mind.

 

"If my friend saw me, he would've cursed at me - I'm not used to being like this or saying this." Chanyeol started to do his part and you were just standing there, still staring at Kyungsoo the whole time as you really couldn't imagine him listening to you confessing your love for him.

 

"But in front of you, it's like I was never like that." Your brother brought you back to reality, subtly walking past you and snapped you back with his dance moves. You pouted at him and focused on the whole group as they sang the chorus part.

 

"You're unfair, are you being selfish? Stop it. - Your eyes, your nose, your lips, are they still going to be pretty no matter how much I look?" Chen sang but you could remember how you manage to compose that lyrics while looking at the sleeping Kyungsoo.

 

"You're unfair, just stop right there. - You're dangerous, dangerous, take it slow" Kyungsoo was smiling as he sang his part and you could see that his smile was true, Are you thinking of me? Because we both composed it, right?

 

"Oh my!" Jongin once again snapped you back and you hissed because you knew he was laughing at you. But you looked at Kyungsoo again.

 

"If you already know, please stop playing around - I'm getting more and more lost in you." Baekhyun sang and looked at you but those lyrics were Kyungsoo's. You wondered what was he thinking of when he wrote that.

 

You were still staring until it went to the chorus part where they all danced cutely, it was the routine Baekhyun thought of and you laughed because Kyungsoo looked so cute while dancing to it. And you could feel that he was enjoying the performance.

 

Junmyeon then sang the bridge first before Yixing, "I ask myself why I'm being like this but instead of a clear reason, - The trembling feeling tell me - Nothing else is important - I'm already calling you again." Chen finished the bridge with his clear and beautiful voice and you thought to yourself that you would come back to Kyungsoo again and again, If he wants me to. No hesitations, and that was final.

 

"I know it's unfair, am I being selfish? Stop it. - Your eyes, your nose, your lips - I want to be the only one who looks at you, am I being too greedy?" Baekhyun looked at you but you were looking at Kyungsoo and singing that part in your head as you wanted to ask him and yourself, Is it alright for you to be mine?

 

"I know it's unfair, I'll tell you straight up - Any more and it'll be dangerious, take it slow - I'm telling girl girl, be my love - We drank coffee every day girl girl, be my love - We talked for a long time on the phone every night girl girl, be my love - It's time that you come to me." And you really wanted Kyungsoo to come to you, but you knew you were hopeless. But then you saw him looking at you as he sang.

 

"Oh baby falling, let's fall in love."

 

"Oh my!" And Chanyeol finished the song but your heart was beating so fast because Kyungsoo looked like he was talking to you.

 

You looked around but you didn't see where Jisoo was so it's not really Jisoo who he was looking at but you. You were so confused as your hand was shaking at the hope that Kyungsoo liked you too.

 

You were still immersed at your thoughts until Junmyeon welcomed the last act for the night. Baekhyun went up the stage. Your eyes immediately shone and you waved your hand for him to see you but he didn't look. And you wondered why, you pouted because you wanted him to see that you did your promise to him – to watch his entry for this concert. And earlier in Growl, he was looking at you all the way and you didn't exchange seats so you asked yourself, Why won't he look at me?

 

But then you saw the look on Baekhyun's face which surprised you, Oh, he's nervous. You smiled because you saw a new side of Baekhyun. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. And he smiled, ready to be immersed in the music and perform.

 

( Take You Home )

 

And the song started with the melody and snap of fingers which he mimicked, Ohh, Baekhyun's acting. And you were excited for his performance. Baekhyun started, "I know even if you act like it's nothing." And you thought that Baekhyun's voice was really beautiful. And instantly, you knew that it was a sweet love song.

 

"That you're waiting and that I can't do anything about the sadness in your eyes. - Even if you force a smile, I can feel it."

 

And you were instantly moved because of the lyrics and you really thought that Baekhyun was good in composing because even though the melody was so soothing, its meaning was painful. And you felt the song as if it was fitted for what you were really feeling right then.

 

Baekhyun then sang and brought up an orange rose which the girls immediately shouted in kilig and you smiled because Baekhyun was so adorable, "It's fine, you don't have to say sorry. - It's enough just having you by my side, you don't need to say it. - No, it's fine. I'll listen if it helps you feel better."

 

You were swaying your head to Baekhyun's music and your heart was really beating fast because it was as if Baekhyun could understand your heart.

 

Then Baekhyun finally looked at you and you excitedly smiled at him until you heard him sang again which made your heart beat faster.

 

"I'm not your man but keep your eyes on me..."

 

Baekhyun was looking at you and with those lyrics, you couldn't really take your eyes off of him.

 

"I'm not the one that's yours. - Even if I can't hold you, I'm a man with a sturdy back who can take you home - I'll take you home, just lean on me."

 

And you were struck as you remembered everything that Baekhyun did for you. Every time he made you smile and laugh. And that one time he brought you back home while he was carrying you on his back. Then Baekhyun once again looked at the audience and smiled.

 

"Even if you act like it's nothing, you're waiting - And you know you can't do anything - About the sadness showing around your mouth - Even as you smile, I can feel it."

 

Your heart was really beating faster because it was exactly how you feel and he had written it in a song, together with... How do you feel about me?

 

"It's fine, you don't have to say sorry. - It's enough just having you by my side, you don't need to say it. - No, it's fine. I'll listen if it helps you feel better."

 

And once again, he looked at you and smiled as if telling you the lyrics. "I'm not your man but keep your eyes on me - I'm not the one that's yours. - Even if I can't hold you, I'm a man with a sturdy back who can take you home - I'll take you home, just lean on me."

 

And then he went in front of the stage and sang the bridge part, "How can he not know that you'll smile - Even with these ridiculously bad words of comfort" and he gave his all to sing those high notes flawlessly and the crowd clapped.

 

Baekhyun went back to the center of the stage while singing and looking at you, he noticed that you were staring so he went to you and snapped at you to wake up to what was happening, as if telling you to listen to him, "I'll stay as I am so keep an eye on me - I'm not the one that's yours"

 

Then he swayed his head while singing for you, still smiling, you did too, "But even if I can't hold you right now - I'm a man with a big heart who can protect you and stay by your side - I'll take you home, just lean on me." And the song ended with Baekhyun looking at you before looking down the ground and bowed his head.

 

Everything felt like slow motion. Even though no one was telling you, you knew in your heart what Baekhyun meant. Or maybe not. Your heart denied it.

 

But then Baekhyun dragged you out of the crowd and brought you somewhere where you two were alone. You smiled at him and congratulate him for what he did. But you were really nervous so you couldn't look at Baekhyun straight in his eyes because you knew that you were blushing because of the things in your head.

 

"Jieun." He called and there you paid attention, "The song... It's for y-"

 

"I know." You cut Baekhyun off because you didn't want him to say it to you. "A-and I thank you for it because you understand." And you looked at him in the eyes, "You understand what I'm going through. Thank you, Baekhyun. I really appreciate you and..."

 

"You're my special friend and I don't want to lose you." So please don't confess. You begged Baekhyun because you were afraid that everything might change if he did. And you hugged him tightly as you wanted him to understand why you're doing that.

 

"I understand Jieun, thank you." Baekhyun hugged you back. And you smiled because he was really considerate of you. Baekhyun then pulled away and put the orange rose he used on stage on your left ear.

 

You looked at him and he smiled which you soon imitated. You nudged him on his side and said, "I bet a lot of girls would be confessing to you from this day on."

 

He sheepishly laughed at what you said and told you not to mention it because he was embarrassed. He was nervous on stage earlier which you opposed because he was really relaxed and just got on with the beat.

 

He thanked you for the promise you fulfilled. Then he brought his pinky finger out again and said, "Say Jieun, promise me, you'll be with me forever."

 

You didn't really want to promise something that was related to forever because nobody knew what the future would be. But you didn't know what came into your mind when you happily smiled at him and held you pinky finger out too, "I promise!"

 

 

**A/N kilig = romantic excitement (like when you want to squeeze something because of romantic excitement/kilig)I think it's an English word now that's why I included it here.