Bad Dream

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

You never attended the practice since then. For the whole last week of the practices, you never attended one and you never told anyone about it, even if almost everyone asked you why.

 

"You have Jongin to teach you, right?" You answered when Jongdae and Sehun asked you to come for the last practice tonight. They were persuading you and making cute faces to drag you to the practice room.

 

But you refused, "I have plans tonight, I'm sorry." You really stopped yourself from being persuaded because they were being too cute. You almost gave up when Kyungsoo spoke.

 

"Don't push it Jongdae and Sehun. If she didn't really want to go, then don't. She's not even dancing to it, right? So why even bother to learn all the dances."

 

"Stop that Kyungsoo." Jongdae made him stop and grabbed Kyungsoo by the hand. Sehun then defended you, "How can you say that? She already helped us even though she is not joining!"

 

"Help? You call that help?" And Kyungsoo looked at you with those cold eyes you were scared of. "Oh, you call it - abandoning the group in the last minute, helping." And Kyungsoo went on his way to the practice room.

 

Sehun's fists were curled up and you held it to help him relax. You patted his hands and told him, "It's alright Sehun, Jongdae. Thank you. So you should really get on to the practice now. You still have to prepare a lot." You gave them a smile to cheer them up.

 

Jongdae seemed to be wary at the smile you just gave. He then patted your shoulder and whined, "I think Kyungsoo's been infected by Jisoo's bad vibes." And he shivered jokingly which made you laugh.

 

"Jisoo's bad vibes?" You asked. And the two nodded and explained how she would send others glares when they would interrupt them from talking. But what concerned you the most was that Jisoo was still always together with Kyungsoo.

 

Sehun and Jongdae went to the practice minutes after and you started to fix your things to do your plans for tonight. Baekhyun was about to call you when he saw you but he just watched you as you rolled your eyes when you read the text message your brother sent you.

 

You then set off and Baekhyun was following you, curious to where you were going. And you went inside a flower shop and bought three yellow roses. You sighed as you paid the cashier because Jongin's being the sheep he was.

 

Whenever you had plans to meet up with Naeun, he always asked you to give her three yellow roses without compensating the money you spent for it.

 

Then you, once again, went back to the university and waited for Naeun outside their building. You were sitting on the bench across the building and were looking at the roses.

 

"It's good that you're going to belong to a beautiful lady." You smelled the roses and coughed. "Ew, it's doesn't smell good at all." Then you put it down beside you.

 

You were looking up the sky to distract your thoughts but you couldn't help but to look at the roses again. You sighed, "I wonder when will I be able to receive roses huh." And you laughed just thinking about it. "Oh my gosh, it doesn't really suit me." But deep inside you, you wished you could receive even just one rose.

 

Then somebody sneered, making you look around and find the culprit. Then you spotted a familiar figure trying to hide behind the tree. Oh you don't know how good my eyesight is. "Yah Baekhyun! Come out there!" you called.

 

And Baekhyun popped out of the tree, having his rectangle-shaped smile which implied that he was embarrassed because he was busted. "Yah, why are you hiding there?" you nudged his side when he sat right next to you.

 

"Because it was fun looking at you." He mindlessly said which made you look at him suspiciously. "Y-you were really laughing and talking to yourself. It was really funny." And he imitated how you were talking with the yellow roses. You laughed at what he did but you pinched him in return.

 

"Why are you here by the way?" he asked you and you said that you were waiting for your best friend Naeun. But when you asked him why he was here, he frantically remembered that he had practice with others and he was late. "Aish, I got distracted by you." He then ruffled your hair to bid goodbye and you just cursed him for always ruining your hair, you always had to fix it to ponytail all over again every time he did that.

 

Baekhyun was running as fast as he could and you laughed, seeing how clumsy he was despite being gentle with you. Then someone squealed like a seal and you knew who made that noise. "Naeun~" you looked at her looking at you with her sparkling eyes. "Stop with that." You laughed at her because you knew that he was teasing you to Baekhyun.

 

"And here, another delivery for you, from that same guy." You handed her the three yellow roses and she was happy receiving that. She had given up on asking you who the guy was because she couldn't really persuade you on spilling that secret.

 

Naeun was always considerate. And she didn't know what she would do when the guy revealed himself because she already liked someone else. Of course, many guys had confessed to her before but she always observed them first to know how she would carry out the rejection according to the person's personality. Well, of course, it didn't end well always, but she believed that she always made herself clear with the other person. But the three yellow roses guy was different. She didn't know who he was so she didn't know how to reject him.

 

But Naeun had grown fond of the yellow roses and she was determined to find out who it was. "Jieun, aren't you practicing tonight?"

 

And you got sensitive again, every time that word was mentioned, you were becoming weary. "I told you I'm not joining anymore." You already had told Naeun what happened.

 

Then she clarified herself, "Ah, I mean, aren't you going to watch their last practice?" and there you went silent. You really wanted to watch them to see how they improved, but Kyungsoo was there, and you thought that going there would make everyone awkward. "I know you want to go Jieun, shall we?"

 

"B-but I'm afraid to..."

 

Then Naeun just dragged you gently to the practice room, "Do yourself a favour once in a while." She smiled at you and she excitedly skipped to the practice room since it was the first time seeing them practice too.

 

You were in the hallway and you could hear the music playing. You smiled because it was a meaningful memory for you since you and Kyungsoo composed it. You then felt excited to know what was going on right then.

 

Then you stopped on your tracks as you saw the familiar figure of someone you didn't want to see, Han Jisoo. Naeun then held your chin up and said, "The Jieun I know is not a coward. You know you're in the right so let's go!" and that somehow boosted your confidence to bring a face to the group.

 

You and Naeun gently went inside the practice room in order not to cause a disturbance. But as you took a step forward was Chanyeol running to you. "Jieun~" he was wailing and the others ran towards you, too.

 

Naeun was shocked as well as the men who were drenched in sweat came surrounding you two. And she saw how they missed you and how your face became gentler as you saw them swarming around you and asking if you were alright.

 

Naeun then noticed the look on Baekhyun's face as he laughed when he saw Chanyeol excitedly telling you how cool his dance moves were. A lovestruck boy. She laughed at Baekhyun.

 

Then she was about to greet Kyungsoo but she sensed that something was off. She knew that you and Kyungsoo were not in good terms, but he was not approachable as well. This didn't happen before. Kyungsoo just glanced at you and the boys and went on his way to sit and rest on the floor.

 

And a girl came running towards Kyungsoo and offered a bottle of water. It must be her. Naeun had observed that Jisoo was a real beauty, but she also saw how the girl looked at you with hatred and envy.

 

"Naeun." Jongin called and he dragged Naeun out of the children drenched in sweat. Naeun greeted back and looked around the practice room.

 

She then looked at Jongin and was a little shocked at what she saw. She then felt nervous and went back to you and dragged you to sit. You then asked the boys to continue practicing then Luhan approached you.

 

You hugged Luhan and asked him how prepared he was and you could see his face that he was satisfied but nervous as well. "I know you could do it! I'll watch you tomorrow!" and Luhan asked you how you've been and you said that you were doing fine and had a good rest.

 

You were watching the boys doing well on the songs you prepared and you were very happy for it. Even though it wasn't really perfect, you felt proud of them because you knew that they liked performing and they were doing their best to sing and dance.

 

You were smiling the whole time they were singing and dancing to the songs you created. The memories inside the practice room were bittersweet, reminiscing how each and everyone of you grew and bonded with each other. I wished I didn't leave.

 

You were there watching until the practices were done. You were so happy that they had the performance almost perfectly polished. You thought to yourself that you chose the best ones for the concert. There are a lot of songs that they practiced and they flawlessly danced and sang to it. You were indeed proud of it.

 

Everybody had gone home already and you went home with Jongin who was a little bit conscious because of what happened earlier. He thought that Naeun wasn't looking at him at all while holding the flowers he gave her.

 

"Did you spill on me?" he asked you but you said no, but you noticed your brother's shirt designed with three yellow roses. You can never be obvious.

 

"Just confess, okay?" You told him, not mentioning that you had an idea why Naeun became shy in front of Jongin. But Jongin refused and just let out a sigh, he never wanted his good relationship with Naeun to end with that awkward situation, at least, he wanted to confess properly.

 

You were about to go inside your home when you saw Kyungsoo walking. You looked at him and Jongin greeted him shortly before entering your premises. You then proceeded to go inside too when he called your name.

 

You figured out that he finally wanted to speak. And you also wanted to apologize before the concert, you knew that Kyungsoo was also stressed out since the concert would be tomorrow. You close the door of your house and walked back to Kyungsoo.

 

You just stood there, waiting for him to speak and then he told you, "I-I don't know how to start Jieun but..." he paused for a while and then continued, "you've changed Jieun."

 

And you were taken aback to what your best friend was talking about. You had your face asking him why he would think of that. So he told you, "W-whenever we had fights, you always come back to me and say sorry, not ending a day without apologizing. But now, you even prolonged it for a week."

 

"Well Kyungsoo, do you really think I should be the one apologizing?" You stated as you really thought that you were not in the wrong when you wanted him to focus.

 

"See, that's what I'm talking about. You didn't even think about who was in the wrong or right before. But now, you're reasoning out that." Kyungsoo said and you really couldn't understand him this time.

 

"Well I'm sorry because not all of the times I would be able to hold my patience." You reasoned out to him and had your hands up. "But you're the one who really changed, Kyungsoo."

 

He was looking on the ground and opposed, "It was you who changed."

 

And you shook your head, "It is you, Kyungsoo. You always leave me."

 

"But you have other people with you, cheering you up." Kyungsoo was still looking on the ground and you figured out that you two wouldn't be able to reconcile at this point.

 

"Well, whenever you leave me, I'm lonely." You sighed at him, not knowing what you're really feeling for him and the situation.

 

"No, I know you're not lonely." He sternly said and you gave up. He was not in the mood to listen to you, so you knew your conversation would get worse, but you were too hurt to just let it slide.

 

"Okay, wow!" You laughed at what he said, "Okay, you now know it all huh. You know what I'm feeling. Fine! You won't listen to me anyway so I'll just go." You were about to go inside after you told him, "You know what, Kyungsoo? I don't know how you could tell that I'm not lonely."

 

Then Kyungsoo shouted, "Because there's Baekhyun! Baekhyun is there that's why you're not alone!"

 

And you found him ridiculous, "Ah so it is alright for you to leave me because Baekhyun is there, really?! Or is it because of Jisoo?!"

 

"There are a lot of people who are there for you Jieun. And Jisoo, she only has me. I'm the only one who is there for her. You shut her out, remember?!" Kyungsoo was still thinking of Jisoo's stories about how you'd always glare at her. Well, you always did whenever she'd smirk at you and make you feel that you're nothing in Kyungsoo's life now.

 

"And you really think that I can do that?!" You asked your best friend, you knew in his heart that he would think of reasons and remember everything you've been through to believe in you.

 

But you were wrong, "But I can see it, Jieun."

 

"Oh, really?" You just laughed it off, wanting to appear strong in front of Kyungsoo even though you wanted to tell Kyungsoo to get rid of Jisoo because she just ruined everything. But you couldn't possibly do that because Kyungsoo liked Jieun.

 

Kyungsoo didn't like the attitude you were having. He felt like you were mocking Jisoo who was scared of you and he felt that you didn't really have a plan to befriend her. And that was not the Jieun he knew. "Yes, and all of us know that you don't really like Jisoo. That's a fact and I can see that. And I know who you are Jieun, if you don't like a person, you ignore them all the way."

 

"How can you say that I don't like Jisoo, and not the other way around?" You then asked him and there he stopped. You knew that he'd be thinking about it, hoping that he would reconsider.

 

"B-because she is scared of you." He reasoned out. You really wanted to hear the truth out of Kyungsoo's mouth so you asked him with blank expression which Kyungsoo hated the most.

 

"Oh, and then?"

 

"S-she's always intimated by you."

 

"Then?"

 

"She's always crying!"

 

"Then?"

 

"S-she's weak." And he could remember how Jisoo would always shiver in fear and harm herself when he's with her.

 

"Then?" you still asked inspite of knowing how Kyungsoo cared for Jisoo, more than he cared for you.

 

"What do you mean, Jieun? Can't you see? She's weak, she's always crying and she's lonely, what reason do you still want to hear, her weakness? She's alone Jieun, can't you see her?" Kyungsoo snapped because of your coldness, you wanted to ask Kyungsoo if he could see your weakness too but he told you, "Don't be selfish, Jieun." And your heart stopped beating.

 

"Don't be immature and please think about other people's feelings. Don't be too narcissistic. Look at you, having that blank expression and being heartless without any plan on considering her to be your friend." Kyungsoo continued to explain.

 

"Okay, I get it that you don't want her, that's why I don't push you to like her. But please Jieun understand. There are lots of people who are there for you, Jongin, Luhan, Sehun, Jongdae, and Baekhyun. Why do you want all of us to be by your side?"

 

You were hurt by your best friend's words. You never knew that he could say that to you. And now, you realized the truth, "Oh, okay. Maybe you're done with me. Okay, bye." You then turned your back and the tears that had welled on your eyes dropped.

 

Kyungsoo then made you turn to him again, but you didn't want him to see you crying. So you pushed him, causing him to fall. He was surprised of course. "I'm done Kyungsoo." You told him, "I-You don't want me anymore, right? You're done with me so y-you just gave me to others just like that. So I'm giving you to Jisoo now, just like how you're giving me away."

 

"Please understand, Jieun. I need to be with Jisoo. She needs me, she needs a friend." Kyungsoo sounded like he was pleading and you found it new because he never pleaded for anyone, even for you.

 

"Okay." You told him and you went back inside your home, running towards your room to cry. You heard your mother called for you but Jongin told her not to bother and explained to her what happened between you and Kyungsoo. Your mother just sighed and was worried about your friendship.

 

You were on your bed, crying because Kyungsoo could give you away to other people. You questioned yourself if your feelings was valid or was it because you just liked Kyungsoo. You weren't sure if you're just really selfish towards Kyungsoo because you didn't want Jisoo to be together with him, you still couldn't accept that fact that Jisoo already had Kyungsoo in her hands.

 

You blamed yourself because you thought that it was your fault that you and Kyungsoo were becoming distant to each other because you were being sensitive because you didn't want to give him to Jisoo.

 

You cried yourself to sleep and you cursed under your breath when you woke up in the afternoon for your eyes were so puffed because of crying all night long.

 

You initially didn't want to go to the concert but you remembered your team so you got up and prepared for the event later. You just put on your eyeglasses in order not to be obvious that you cried so much last night.

 

Walking alone to the bus stop was new to you. Before, you had Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Jongin walking beside you but they were in the school to prepare for the concert so you just brushed it off and didn't let the dramatic situation worsen your day more.

 

You were roaming around the campus, waiting for the concert to start. You planned to go to the practice room where they were preparing but you chose not to because you'd just make things awkward. And you couldn't face Kyungsoo right then as his words still lingered inside your head and damaged your heart.

 

Even as his best friend, no one could just accept that and let go of it like it was not a big deal. From that moment he told you that, you questioned the friendship between you and Kyungsoo. You hadn't imagine that a single girl who was not yet a girl friend of Kyungsoo could ruin your friendship easily. Maybe we're not really best friends.

 

But then your thought suddenly stopped when you remembered how Kyungsoo told you to trust him. You still didn't have any idea what he was talking about but that promise was your little hope that your friendship was really true.