Unfair

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

You woke up at lunch time, yeah you're always like that during the weekends. You heard your mom called to eat lunch so it was time to get up. You walked in your bathroom and fixed yourself a little, washing your face and tying your hair up.

 

Upon walking out of your room, you stopped, "Ah Jieun, you just woke up now?" Your eyes got bigger seeing Kyungsoo on the dining area, making a cup of coffee.

 

He laughed at you and you asked him why was he in your house. "Yah it's not like I'm a stranger here! And we'll be composing lyrics, right? And I told mom that it could be an all-nighter." He beamed at you and your mother, informing that he would sleep over.

 

You settled on your seat while eyeing Kyungsoo, "And who said you can sleep here?" You asked him and drank the coffee he made for himself. He was shocked at what you did and he opened his mouth, pretending to be hurt.

 

"Yah you're Jongin, aren't you?!" His finger was pointing at you and you bit it while he screamed. Your mother tapped your shoulder to make you stop and you pouted. "Yah auntie look at what she did!" Kyungsoo wailed and you wanted to throw him outside.

 

Jongin then woke up and headed towards the kitchen immediately. Kyungsoo, seeing Jongin, said, "You're really twins, aren't you? You both just woke up!" He laughed until Jongin greeted him by pulling his hair up.

 

"Who's this child, adopted?" Jongin said and you sneered.

 

Kyungsoo was now getting tired, being bullied by the two of you. Your mother was just laughing all the time. He really liked Kyungsoo to be around. After your brunch, you immediately took a bath to look at least presentable in front of Kyungsoo, as if he hadn't seen your worst faces, he even took lots of picture of it.

 

You put on your shirt and shorts and went out of your room. You walked to the living room where Kyungsoo was sitting comfortably on the couch. You sat opposite to where he was sitting and watched television first. "Let's watch first. I don't feel like writing lyrics."

 

"Same." Kyungsoo said lazily. Then you went to the kitchen and prepared coffee. Yes, it was always your habit to drink coffee whenever you had the opportunity. You and Kyungsoo both like coffee so you also made one for him. You handed him his cup and then you settled in your seat, lifting your feet up the couch.

 

You were focused on the television until you felt your eyes closing, wanting to sleep. And so you did with that comfortable position. But not until your brother lifted your feet up and put it on the ground. You suddenly woke up and furrowed your eyebrows at him.

 

"YAH!" you shouted at him, annoyed. But then he gestured to Kyungsoo who was fast asleep on the couch. You were about to adore him when your brother flicked your forehead.

 

You then punched his thigh because you thought that he's not being reasonable. "You're wearing shorts and you lift your feet up like that?" Jongin scolded you and you suddenly lowered your gaze, feeling guilty. "Don't get too comfortable Jieun. It's good that Kyungsoo is sleeping."

 

"But he won't do anything." You said in a matter-of-fact.

 

"That's not the point. What if he isn't Kyungsoo? And you never know that." Jongin told you and you just nodded because he had a point. You thought that you should be more girly. If I did, will Kyungsoo like me? You asked yourself but then hit your head.

 

As if your brother could read your mind, he ruffled your hair. And then he said, "You should start composing the lyrics since the inspiration is here." And he left you like that.

 

You felt your face heating up because of what your brother told you which made you think if Jongin liked Kyungsoo for you. But then you erased that thought. You then washed your face to wake yourself more. And you took your notebook out of your bag and started to concentrate and write some lyrics.

 

But then ten minutes had passed and you hadn't written anything. You closed your eyes and were getting frustrated. Inspiration inspiration! You told yourself repeatedly. You breathed in and out to calm yourself. And when you opened your eyes, you felt that your heart started beating a little bit faster. It never took even a second finding the inspiration who was always there.

 

You settled your eyes to the guy opposite to you. The television was on but the only sound you hear was your heart beating. You had always loved his eyes. Big ones, like yours. You were happy because of that. Having the same things with Kyungsoo. You started writing lyrics easily, with Kyungsoo around, you never thought it would just come as if you already had the words inside your head.

 

You looked at him again and again, to find the right words to describe what you were feeling now. You watched him sleep and you realized that it wasn't the first time you did that. "Are you thinking of me?"

 

Two steps closer.

 

You sat on the floor and started writing on the couch Kyungsoo was sleeping. You wished he did. Because you're going crazy thinking about him every night. You were always smiling every night but also the thought killed you and sometimes the thought made you excited. "What if you like me?"

 

That would be wonderful. You thought if Kyungsoo also couldn't sleep because of you and then frowning when realizing that it was the next morning already, "We call it quits."

 

You laughed and you had never been more relaxed. You stared at him longer since that was the only time you could watch him lovingly. You couldn't make it really more obvious. You admired everything of him, his eyes, his nose, his lips... Why are they perfect? You just shook at how unfair he was to you. If only you like me too.

 

"Be my love."

 

Then you fell asleep, smiling. You woke up while the melody of the song was playing. You were half-asleep and you hum together with the music. Then you realized who turned the music on, you hadn't remember that you put it in your phone either.

 

You lifted your head up and Kyungsoo wasn't on the couch anymore. But where Kyungsoo was made your heart beat faster.

 

Kyungsoo was leaning on you with his back on your side, sharing earphones with you while the music you two composed was playing in his phone. You tried to calm your heart for some minutes but hell it's not working.

 

"Are you awake?" Kyungsoo suddenly called looking to your direction to see if you really were. You jumped a little when he called you. You hummed, answering him.

 

You then turned to him and noticed that he was writing lyrics, continuing to where you stopped. "You're writing?" You asked him, turning and putting your head on his shoulder to read the lyrics he wrote on your notebook.

 

You hadn't realized that you were too close to each other because you were busy checking the lyrics, if it's alright or not for the song. But not until Kyungsoo leaned his head onto your head, making your heart beat faster than it already was.

 

You're killing me Do Kyungsoo. You thought and felt yourself asking if the heat was because it's summer, or is it because Kyungsoo felt warm, or is it because your body felt warm because you're liking the feeling of Kyungsoo so close to you.

 

You let the time pass and feel the comfortable atmosphere you two had. And it made you smile. You then snatched the notebook from him and started to write the lyrics you had in your mind, while Kyungsoo was still leaning on you.

 

"Yay it's done!" You smiled and put the notebook up in the air to see your masterpiece. "Already?" Kyungsoo then sat up straight and looked at the notebook. You smiled at him and nodded your head like a child and let him read the completed lyrics of the song.

 

While he was reading the lyrics, you kept the smile because finally, you never felt so relieved like this these past weeks. And you wanted to thank Kyungsoo. You knew that he was the reason.

 

Kyungsoo then happily nodded, "Finally!" You both cheered and he pinched both of your cheeks, seeing your true smile for a long time. You also pinched his cheeks and even played with it. You were both enjoying it together. You never felt so complete. You never thought that you're still falling for him. Let's fall in love.

 

It was Sunday the next day and you woke up early in the morning and helped your mom to prepare breakfast. Your morning was good, even better than the usual because Kyungsoo was there, helping you too, and talking nonstop which made you and your mother laugh.

 

Kyungsoo had been complaining how Jongin bothered him even in sleep. He never wanted to share rooms with him from now on he swore. But you just shrugged because you could still remember how you woke up to Kyungsoo and Jongin embracing each other while sleeping when you were younger.

 

Then Jongin woke up and there Kyungsoo pointing fingers at him and complained how loud he was last night. Jongin just laughed everything off while Kyungsoo was cutely pissed.

 

You all started to dine and when the topic about the concert arose, you looked at Jongin. You remembered how good he was in dancing, and how you two would choreograph a routine and learn to cover dances of your idols. "Jongin why won't you join the team?" You asked him. And Kyungsoo nodded, knowing the skills of Jongin in dancing. Jongin was a little shocked at the news, but he considered it because he really liked to dance too.

 

"Would they even allow an outsider to dance? I'm not even a member of the club." Jongin asked, and you and Kyungsoo looked at each other.

 

"Maybe we could ask Baekhyun about it." You suggested and reached for your phone to message Baekhyun. "I told you to join this year, right? So you'll have more opportunities to dance." You scolded your twin brother.

 

But Jongin didn't mind your complaint, instead, he stared at you as he crossed his arms, he thought that Baekhyun was moving too fast, "You have Baekhyun's email address?"

 

You answered yes without looking at your brother. You were now used to Jongin always asking questions about Baekhyun since they met. So you just continued to compose a message to Baekhyun.

 

"And you gave him your email address?" You heard Jongin's unusual tone. So you looked at him this time.

 

"How are we supposed to message each other if I didn't give him my address?" You deadpanned your brother, as if telling him not to ask a rhetorical question.

 

Kyungsoo then felt the tension between you and your brother so he asked, "Why, what's wrong with Baekhyun?"

 

"Why did you just give it to him just like that?" Jongin asked, and you were so confused because that was the first time he acted this way. Overprotective? As if! He's doing this on purpose!

 

"Uhm, he's a friend? Stop asking questions!" You were now irritated, it was really embarrassing for you to be questioned like this in front of people. Because you knew that every little question would come next and you wouldn't be able to lie.

 

"Why darling, do you like this Baekhyun guy?" Your mother butted in. You looked at your mother to tell her the truth. You then looked at Kyungsoo whose expression was unreadable. You couldn't figure out what he was thinking, but he was just eating diligently. Don't you really care?

 

"No! I don't like him." You clarified since you didn't want any misunderstanding to spread.

 

"Does he like you?" Your brother then asked, earning a glare from you. He then focused his gaze towards Kyungsoo's expressions, but Kyungsoo just acted normally.

 

"No?" You immediately answered.

 

"Are you sure?" You thought that Jongin was irritating you on purpose. He was looking at you with those mischievous eyes that you're familiar with.

 

"You know what, you're being an ." And you stood up the dining table and went up to your room, because he already asked you that same question everytime Baekhyun's name was mentioned. Oh my coffee. You realized that you left your coffee on the dining table so you went down the stairs just to hear them talking about you.

 

Jongin sure knew how to annoy you. And he did that on purpose to observe how Kyungsoo would react. "She definitely likes Baekhyun." Jongin said, earning a smile from your mother and a look from Kyungsoo.

 

"Well I do think it's wonderful that my little girl has a crush." Your ever-so-sweet mother said and was excited. They could see in her eyes the excitement of her daughter finally being a lady.

 

"What do you think Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked since he found it odd when kyungsoo didn't even bat an eyelash when having that conversation.

 

"No, she doesn't like Baekhyun." Kyungsoo answered as if he was sure of it. Kyungsoo then looked at Jongin and explained. "When she's embarrassed and when she likes someone, she stares in space for a while and her face will slowly turn red and her eyes will move elsewhere as if looking for someone or avoiding the question, because she can't really lie; that's how I know she likes someone." You were as shocked as Jongin when Kyungsoo explained so well. Your mother was stunned as well, knowing another side of you and how well Kyungsoo knew you. "With Baekhyun, she didn't hesitate, she didn't even turn red. So she doesn't like Baekhyun." Kyungsoo answered.

 

"Well how about you Kyungsoo, who do you like? Is it Jisoo?" And your ears tingled. You thanked your brother for asking that question so you'd know Kyungsoo's feelings towards Jisoo.

 

"No I don't like her." Kyungsoo immediately said no as if answering a normal question. You smiled at his answer and imagination ran inside your mind.

 

"How about our Jieun?" And you froze in you spot. Your heart was beating fast, anticipating for Kyungsoo's answer. Your mother was quiet, as she knew that Kyungsoo wouldn't lie to your family. She quietly observed how Kyungsoo reacted.

 

"She's my sister so I like her." Kyungsoo answered and Jongin sneered as he looked at you with teasing eyes. He knew all along that you were hiding and eavesdropping. Poor Girl!!

 

Kyungsoo looked at your mother to see her reaction and he softened at that. He saw your mother happy at what he said "And Auntie's my mother now, but you're not my brother." Kyungsoo hissed at Jongin because he knew that it was a little awkward to answer that question. It's just a good thing that you were not around that time.

 

"I dont want to be your brother too." Jongin then put a tongue out at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo did the same and laughed. Kyungsoo then noticed your coffee on the table. Oh Jieun's coffee. He was about to grab your coffee to bring it to you when you came and snatched it from him.

 

"Yah, it's my coffee! Are you going to steal it " You told him childishly but he just laughed and gave you a smile. You then walked up the stairs again while sending daggers to your evil brother who gestured two thumbs down to you.

 

Your heart was beating so fast as you wanted to face them with the normal face when you grab your coffee. You wished you did a good job. As you ran inside your room, you closed the door instantly and leaned onto it, still holding your coffee. "I guess I'm hopeless, huh."

 

You didn't know how you felt. How Kyungsoo answered the question instantly, without stuttering, you knew that he was telling the truth. You sighed and laughed at yourself. Well, it's your fault Jieun for falling for him. You blamed yourself.

 

You really didn't know if you're sad. But one thing's for sure. You felt empty.

 

Then your phone buzzed, earning a text message. Baekhyun had responded and you were excited to give the news to your brother. You opened the door of your room then you suddenly remembered that Kyungsoo didn't like you.

 

You didn't know how to face him. So you just went back inside your room and showered in order to calm yourself and tell yourself the reality you were in. Now you've known the truth. Let it go.

 

You then put up a strong face as you walked down the stairs and went to the living area where Jongin and Kyungsoo were playing. You then kicked Jongin on his hips to move aside and Jongin just glared at you. You scoffed at him but settled beside him.

 

"You can join." You started a conversation and the two boys looked at you. You looked at your twin brother and told to his face, "You can choreograph the routine and join the concert." And you saw how Jongin's eyes sparkled when he heard the news. "You owe me one." You evilly smiled at your twin brother and as if he could read your mind, you told him, You have to pay for what you've done earlier. He felt chills down his bones.

-

You were walking side by side with Kyungsoo and you've never felt so nervous. You were always worried on what face you were showing him right now that he's talking about stuffs he discovered.

 

Then he looked at you, his eyebrows slightly implying he was confused. "Are you alright Jieun? You're being so quiet. I'm the only one babbling here." Kyungsoo was sure lonely, since he noticed that you didn't tell him anything ever since the preparation for the concert had started. "You're hiding something from me, aren't you?"

 

And there he read you. You slapped yourself because you're too easy to read. You always blamed yourself that you familiarized yourself to Kyungsoo too much. That's why he treats me like a sister. You wished you didn't do that much.

 

"Hey, I'm talking to you." Kyungsoo snapped you back to reality. You became nervous and bit your lip because it was better to not tell him anything than to confess everything. "He-"

 

"Jieun!" Chanyeol called and you thanked the heavens for this tall guy. He was grinning so much that his teeth-rich wide smile was greeting you. "Kyungsoo!" he also called Kyungsoo as he ran towards the both of you to tell you the news. "I'll be dancing with you in the concert!"

 

And you were shocked since you had not seen Chanyeol dance yet. You only heard him sing and play instruments, "Baekhyun asked me if I could join."

 

"Really?" Kyungsoo asked Chanyeol and Chanyeol nodded excitedly. "I mean, I really wanted to be part of it so I could explore my skills in dancing, if there's any. But it seems that Baekhyun knew my thoughts that's why he approached me!" you could see the happiness Chanyeol was radiating and it was contagious.

 

You smiled at him and patted his shoulder, "Well, shall we go practice? Jongin will be part of it too!" You also told Chanyeol the news and Chanyeol was a fan of Jongin when it came to dancing that was why he was happier that he'd dance with Jongin too.

 

Excited as he was, Chanyeol dragged both you and Kyungsoo into the dance practice room to warm up. You looked at Kyungsoo who was also happy with the news. You were blinded at the moment and you wished that it wouldn't end where you were all happy, no Jisoo around.