What If

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

A week had passed once again and you had half of the melody created. But nobody knows it yet except you. You were always in the music room and created the beat, rhythm, and melody in there. Sometimes, Jongdae, Sehun, and Luhan went there altogether so they had a little knowledge about how the song will be played. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was also experimenting how to properly compose melody with the help of Chanyeol.

 

It's a little new for you that Kyungsoo wasn't going in the studio and was also busy inside the music room since he and Chanyeol were in charge of some instruments. Maybe he didn't want to disturb you working. Well, at first he did, he wanted to be with you in charge in the studio, but then you told him that you couldn't concentrate when he's around which was true. It was just a relief for you that Kyungsoo wasn't that immature to insist anymore.

 

It was four o'clock in the afternoon and the classes must have ended. You figured out that Kyungsoo was outside the music room and so you glanced. But it wasn't enough to know if he's really there.

 

"It's a little different now huh." Luhan suddenly said. And you turned to him, asking what was he talking about. "About you and Kyungsoo?" he felt like asking. You fell silent and he nodded, "I don't want to in between you two but you know you can tell me what the matter is, if there really is."

 

You felt like Luhan wanted to know what bothered you but you didn't have the courage to tell him or to anyone either. Even though Luhan always told you everything because you were his best friend, well the girl best friend, of course, you couldn't tell him the truth. Luhan wasn't that interested being friendly with girls basically because he didn't want some drama. And for him, girls were too much to handle. And you thought you were lucky that he welcomed you to be part of the circle of friends he has, because Luhan was really picky.

 

You put your head on his shoulder, telling him that you have a problem but you couldn't tell him. With that gesture, Luhan nodded and understood what you were trying to imply. "I haven't thought of the lyrics of the song I will make. But I already have the melody." He said, trying to change the topic and ease the tension.

 

"Oh really, can I hear it?" you lifted your head and asked him giddily, you were always excited to the songs Luhan makes because he was really a genius. He nodded at you and played the recorded music. You felt your ears tingle with the sweet melody of the music. Mellow sounds really relaxed you, and it seemed like it was talking to you, wanting to express what you're feeling.

 

As much as you wanted to make a song and dance to it to join for the coming event, you couldn't because the main performance was the one you were making. "Hey Luhan..." you called for him and he turned to you, slightly turning down the volume so he could hear you, "you said you don't have lyrics yet for this, right?" he nodded and let you continue, "Can I suggest you something?"

 

He turned his chair facing you and heard you out, "For this kind of melody, a broken heart that sings is fitted for a melody like this."

 

"What, one-sided love?" Luhan asked you as if he was implying something and teasing you about it. But you let that go so you wouldn't be obvious.

 

"No, uhm, I guess it's up to you, right? From what you experienced." You told him and he nodded, for sure he would be able to write something, right?

 

"How about the one we would perform? Have you thought of the theme?" he then asked you and you shook your head and frowned because the stress had come back. "Yeah you can do that to. You can write the lyrics from what you experience. But it should be a lively one not dramatic you know." He suggested and you nodded, you might as well consider his judgment.

 

You then stood up to go to the comfort room but as you opened the door, you saw Kyungsoo talking to a girl from your English class, Han Jisoo. You immediately stopped in your tracks and wanted to eavesdrop but chose not to. You didn't like to disturb someone else because of your own personal wants. "We can pack up now Luhan. I guess we're done for the day." You smiled slightly at him. But he sure saw that sudden change of mood you had.

 

You started packing your things as well as Luhan, and you turned off the lights and the recording studio, making sure that nothing else was on. You walked out the room and Jisoo and Kyungsoo were still there, Does she and Kyungsoo— you stopped on what you're thinking. Don't judge. Though you knew that there was a little hint of jealousy in the corner of your heart.

 

"Hey! Jisoo saw us walking home yesterday, and she wanted to go home with us from now on! Her home is also in the same direction as ours." You nodded and smiled at her. You couldn't do anything about it now since Kyungsoo already said yes to her that easily, without asking you if it's alright with you.

 

Then you excused yourself in the bathroom and had your business there. And to also took your time to calm down a bit and talk to yourself in front of the mirror. "Okay, Jieun, it's alright. It's alright." You said while tapping your chest, "This should be okay since they will be dating and soon you'll forget him, okay. Yes, that's the plan." You lied to yourself.

 

Jealousy was heating you up the whole time you were walking with Jisoo and Kyungsoo. You wanted to grab Luhan's hair because he just left you like that, With these two. Although Kyungsoo talked to you and called for you, it seemed like Jisoo had feelings for Kyungsoo, not wanting you to be there.

 

You wanted to get out of there, you seriously wanted. Their laughter suffocated you, Jisoo's giggling made you wanted to get a rope and just strangle her. You wanted to roll your eyes but they definitely would see but not until you saw your brother who would be going to a store. And you thanked the heavens that you had a brother that saved you in times like this.

 

"Jongin!" you called and he greeted you. Then Kyungsoo immediately stopped and posed as if he will be fighting with Jongin which earned the laugh from Jisoo. "Where are you going? I'll come with you!" you said quickly and latched your arms on Jongin's.

 

"I'm just going to the bookstore, you don't really need to come with me. Mom has prepared a snack for you, I already ate mine." Jongin said and then he turned to Kyungsoo and , "Yah got a girl friend now huh." He said and ruffled Kyungsoo's hair but then Kyungsoo slapped it away, "Yah she's not my girl friend, you se—"

 

"Come on now!" you cut Kyungsoo off, looking away, "I have to buy something for Baekhyun." You lied, but you wanted to get out of there so you won't see them together anymore.

 

Jongin looked at you, "Why would give him a gift?" and you thought of an alibi that would make it sound like you didn't have a thing for Baekhyun, you're afraid that Jongin might misunderstand something.

 

"It's not a gift, it's just props we had to prepare for the concert. And he wanted me to buy the latest volume of the manga we both like." You told Jongin, you realized that you and Baekhyun had a lot of similarities that was why you came up with that lie, and that's not a reason for your brother to refuse. So you both walked on your way, leaving Kyungsoo and Jisoo behind.

 

"I never thought that Jongin is Jieun's twin sister, they don't look alike!" Jisoo exclaimed as you and Jongin had walked on your way to the store.

 

"Yeah they are also different, very different!" Kyungsoo sounded like he was complaining. "You know, when we were younger, I was still being bullied by Jongin, and Jieun would always hit him, and he ends up crying." Kyungsoo laughed, reminiscing how you guys played before.

 

"But right now, it's different huh." Jisoo said, wanting to place a hint that you and Kyungsoo shouldn't be like before. "You know, she's a girl and you're a guy. Everyone thought that you two are dating."

 

"Really?! Haha!" Kyungsoo just laughed, not really minding if people thought of that way.

 

"Yes, if I hadn't known you guys, I would think that you two are dating. It's just a relief that you are not." Jisoo pointed out which made Kyungsoo ask her what she was talking about. "Well you know, I know that your friendship is very precious, so you wouldn't want to lose her, right? The best way you can't lose her is to not fall in love with her. If you did, you'll keep on wanting more of her." Kyungsoo was thinking hard to what Jisoo was pointing out. "If you two had a relationship, and then break up, then you will lose her." She warned Kyungsoo.

 

"So you're saying I shouldn't fall in love with Jieun." Kyungsoo said and Jisoo nodded, biting her lips because he might misunderstand what she was implying. "I wouldn't fall in love with Jieun because she's like a sister to me." He smiled at Jisoo with the bubbly face he had. But Jisoo just frowned.

-

"So she's the girl friend of Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked you as you two were walking to the bookstore. You looked at him and it seemed that he was interested in that topic.

 

"No, she's not. Yet." You emphasized and assumed. Well, it's better to assume that possibility than to assume the possibility that Kyungsoo would fall in love with you. "You know, they're in the getting-to-know each other stage." You quoted. "I think Jisoo likes Kyungsoo, so she'd definitely go for it." You said, knowing the personality of Jisoo. Han Jisoo was a top student in two of your subjects. And she's a great leader, you could see that when she was in her club.

 

"How about you? So you like Baekhyun?" Jongin then looked at you, wanting to see your reaction as you laughed, "So you were lying, I knew it." Jongin sighed as if he discovered something. He ruffled your hair which irritated you so you hit his hand, but he was able to dodge it so it irritated you more. "." You cursed at him as you fixed your hair.

 

You two walked inside the bookstore with Jongin getting the books he wanted to buy and you, trailing him and just looking around the store. "You might as well get the manga you mentioned earlier." He told you and you gave your brother a big smile as you ran to where the manga section of the store was.

 

But then you saw nothing and it was sold-out. You pouted and in the verge of wailing to Jongin when you saw Baekhyun holding the manga you wanted to buy. "Baekhyunnie!" you called and instantly, he gave you a big smile and greeted you. "I'm about to buy that manga, but it's sold-out!" you complained at him.

 

"And this is the last book haha, I got it first!" he laughed at you and you pouted, "W-well, do you really want to buy this? You can have it." He lent you the book but you refused.

 

"No! No, you got it first so it's yours. First come, first serve." You smiled at him as you didn't want to burden him.

 

He then smiled at you. "Don't worry, I'll lend it to you after I read it." He ruffled your hair and you smiled at him, saying thanks. You waved goodbye to Baekhyun as he exited the book store.

 

"Jongin, the manga is sold-out. But Baekhyun had bought it and said he would lend it to me after he finished reading it." You told him the news and Jongin just nodded.

 

"Well, does that Baekhyun like you?" he asked you, while taking a look of a book he was holding as if he wasn't interested at what he just asked, and you twitched your eyes at him. "No, he's the Acapella Club's representative, like an idol!"

 

"That doesn't mean he can't like you." Jongin deadpanned you. But you really hadn't thought of Baekhyun, an idol in your school, liking you. "No brother, he doesn't like me. I don't like him either, in that way."

 

"How about Kyungsoo?" Jongin, this time, looked at you, as if boring into your eyes to see the truth inside it and not with your mouth. You had always been intimidated by your brother's eyes and you didn't know why you couldn't move. You gulped as you could hear your heart beating when being asked with that question.

 

"Let's go." Jongin then woke you up by pinching your cheeks and placing his arm on your shoulder, "Aigoo aigoo." He sighed. "My twin is definitely a girl." He laughed. You cursed him in return.

-

You were in the recording studio with your seniors in the club. It was time for you to let them hear the melody of the song so they could criticize you. You also had written some lyrics that you thought was fitted in the song. The week had been a hassle to both of you. Kyungsoo didn't really like the lyrics you composed, insisting that he should compose it with you. But you didn't really want to spend your time together with Kyungsoo, even after classes, since Jisoo was always behind him.

 

They read the lyrics you wrote, but it seemed that they didn't like it. "I know what happened between you and Kyungsoo. You focused in the lyrics, right? And Kyungsoo, for the melody and instruments. Luhan is always in the studio too. Did you and Luhan compose this?" Junmyeon asked you, while Baekhyun, Yixing, and Kris were reading it.

 

You and Luhan shook your heads, "Ah no, it's because Luhan wanted to join the solo performance in the concert that's why he was busy composing his piece." You clarified and the seniors nodded.

 

"Should I change it? Is it that bad?" You were disappointed in yourself indeed. You hadn't slept for days just to write that, but it turned out to be bad. Maybe you were stressed out.

 

"No it isn't bad." Junmyeon said which made Kris and Yixing look at him, contradicting. "I mean the lyrics are great. It's just not perfect for the song because the lyrics are so depressing, having that lively tune." Junmyeon explained and the others nodded. You looked down that ground, embarrassed.

 

"Hey Jieun, want me to help you with the lyrics?!" Kyungsoo exclaimed and raised his hand. He smiled cutely at you but you were too stressed to buy it.

 

"Well, your prompt is one-sided love, how about this, a love that is not yet known – an exciting love!" Kyungsoo suggested and you looked at him, still stressed and sad about it, "Like since it's a lively music, why don't we focus on its happiness, like an innocent love that's just starting to bloom. Because in your lyrics, it's like you assumed that the person is not in love with you. Why make it, you assume that the person is in love with you too, and you two make it together?!" Kyungsoo happily suggested and the seniors nodded in agreement.

 

"Yeah, that's true. That's a good one Kyungsoo!" Kris clapped his hands and high fived with Kyungsoo who looked at you, expecting you to agree with his suggestion too. You shrugged and nodded in agreement, "Would you help me with the lyrics, Kyungsoo?" you said and suddenly regretted it when Kyungsoo said yes. What did I do? Dumb dumb Jieun! You wanted to slap yourself because you're putting yourself in danger.

 

"Okay! I'll go to your house tomorrow! Please tell Auntie that I will, so that she would prepare Okonimiyaki for me." Kyungsoo suggested and you looked at him, judging. "What, you know I missed Auntie a lot! I haven't seen her for weeks!"

 

"It's just 2 weeks Kyungsoo. Is she your mother, really?" you gritted at him, making him laugh and tease you that your mom liked him better than you, which you guessed was true because your mom always asked where Kyungsoo was.

 

"So I guess we'll be expecting something from you guys alright? We'll be meeting each other next week again!" Junmyeon said goodbye and the seniors went out of the room. You also packed your bags and went out the room after the seniors took off.

 

"Let's goooo~" Kyungsoo then marched to the exit of the building, you went up to him and was a little frantic because this was the first time that he didn't wait for you, as if he was running late. As you reached the ground floor you saw Kyungsoo waving at Jisoo, and suddenly, your steps turned slow. So Jisoo's the reason why.

 

"Jieun!" somebody called and you quickly turned around to see Baekhyun running towards you. He had this rectangle-shaped smile which indicated he was excited, you smiled at him. "You left this!" he handed you the notebook where your written lyrics were. You were surprised that you left it so you bowed your head and thanked him.

 

"Oh my gosh, thank you Baekhyun, if I lost it, I'll be dead!" Then he told you not to bow because you were a girl, but that just made you confused. "I don't really understand, what's the difference? I'm just showing my gratitude."

 

He was a little shocked at your response but then his face smoothed. You were shocked when he patted your hair, "Well, for me, you don't have to bow to show your gratitude. You can just kiss me." You were confused at what he said, you squinted your eyes at him because he was being mischievous. And he laughed at you. "You know that I'm joking." Then you threatened him with your eyes to not do that again.

 

Then he opened his arms at you, making you make that same reaction earlier. "To show your gratitude to me, you must hug me!" and he hugged you jokingly which earned a lot of attention.

 

"Yah Baekhyun!" you stomped at his feet which made him wince and let go. "That's your fault!" and you ran away from him, but then he teased you and ran after you with his arms open. You laughed at his expression, you knew that he was joking and you stopped when you saw Kyungsoo waving goodbye to Jisoo.

 

Kyungsoo then looked to your direction and was waiting for you. "Let's goooo~" Baekhyun then dragged you to the gates where Kyungsoo was standing. He then waved goodbye immediately and patted your head as he went the other direction. You cursed him in return. "Aish Baekhyun!"

 

When you and Kyungsoo were finally together, you asked where Jisoo was going, "Oh she's with her friends, they will go shopping, you know, girls stuff, ew." Kyungsoo never liked shopping, the things most of the girls did, and he hated gossips and drama, that's why he's lively and innocent like that. "I was lucky that you, Jieun, are different from them."

 

You thinned your eyes to Kyungsoo and glared at him, and he laughed nervously, explaining, "Nooo, I mean, good kind of different, the best kind of different." He put two thumbs up in front of you and cheered for you like he always did. Then he draped his arm on your shoulders, which made your heart beat faster, "You know, you're a genius but also dumb." He laughed and you pinched his sides. "You're the opposite of Jongin and I like it." He smiled sheepishly and you blushed. Shut up Jieun, he said he likes you because he doesn't like your brother. Don't misunderstand it! You told yourself.

 

"I'll tell Jongin that." You said and ran away from him, he ran after you while begging not to tell it to Jongin, because definitely, your brother would again. You laughed and ran until you're both tired. You settled on the playground you used to play when you were younger.

 

Kyungsoo sat with you while panting and laughing. You start reminiscing the fun times in your childhood days. "That was so fuuuun~ I wish we can be kids again..." He said, "without doing any homework, you get tired because you're playing not because you're working and studying." You nodded.

 

You definitely wanted to be like kids again, "Yeah, not feeling something different – just pure and innocent, and fun." You smiled in spite the bitterness of the reality you're living. The wind blew hard and you closed your eyes to feel it. It's nice when the wind blew when you're tired, "This is refreshing."

 

Kyungsoo looked at you and giggled. He watched the kids and felt like he wanted to play with them. But he was so tired to he leaned on your shoulder, complaining, "Why do you have to run so fast? I'm exhausted." You laughed, feeling nervous, but also the butterflies in your stomach were the ones you're focused on.

 

You felt happy. Since realizing that you liked Kyungsoo, this was the first time you felt happy and excited. You wanted to play with him more, you wanted to spend time together more. You wanted more of him.

 

You're a good kind of dangerous.