Hurt

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

The whole winter vacation had passed and you got no news from Baekhyun. You were staring on your window and always just waiting for the vacation to end so you could see how Baekhyun was doing. Yes, you wanted to see Baekhyun but also, didn't know how you'd react once you see him. Am I really that dumb? You sighed.

Then your thoughts stopped when you heard someone knocking on your door. You got up and saw Kyungsoo, beaming at you. But that smile soon vanished when he saw you not feeling well. "Is it a bad time?" Kyungsoo asked you if it was okay to come over.

You just nodded, "Yeaaah, I guess. I have nothing to do anyway."

"Are you sure? It seems that you're not feeling well." he looked at you with sincerity.

Then you looked at him who was holding a bag of tteokbokki. "Nah, I'm hungry, let's eat that." you told him to come inside then he sneered at you. "You glutton! You just welcomed me here because of the food!" He said while placing the food on your center table.

You then kicked him and said, "At least I welcomed you." then you gobbled the tteokbokki down. 

"Yaaaah! Can't you slow down?" He swatted your hand away then you attempted to punch him.

"Nag. Nag. Nag?!" you sneered at him.

Then he flicked your forehead, "Look at you. You're getting fat!" You rolled your eyes at his remark, but that didn't bother you.

It's not a while when you both finished the tteokbokki. Then you sat on your bed and turned the television on your room and you two watched whatever the television offered. Then you asked him, "How are you and Jisoo?"

He casually answered, "Yeah normal. We got to see movies and went to amusement park together. How about you?"

You sipped on your coke and answered, "Nah, just a potato on bed." then you opened the bag of chips and started munching loudly. Kyungsoo always hated eating sounds and he knew that you were doing it on purpose, "Yah, stop that. It's irritating. And you're eating again!"

He snatched the chips from you and he started eating it. You then let him because you realized that you're really wasting your time being a glutton.

"Do you want to go out with the girls?" Kyungsoo suddenly asked then you eyed him. "As long as you're not coming with us." Then he acted as if you stabbed him in front. "Yah, I thought I'm your best friend?!!!"

"Nah, sorry." you told him then he cursed you under his breath before saying, "Tomorrow 5 in the afternoon."

Then you looked at him, "Huh? Why is it so late?"

"Well, just ask the girls." And Kyungsoo took his leave. You eyed him as he got out of your room, "Psh, you just went here to invite me to girls' date." You rolled your eyes as you continued to be a potato.

-

The afternoon came and you were waiting for the girls to arrive. They invited me here yet I'm the first one here! You sighed as you impatiently look around if you'd see somebody familiar.

Then your world suddenly went slow motion when you saw someone really familiar to you. You blinked your eyes, thinking if it was really him. Did Kyungsoo set me up? You felt your heart beating fast as you took in his new look, his white hair caught your eyes. You never thought that he'd look good with that, and even though it was cold and he's had a lot of clothes, you took note of how he was dressed cooly.

You felt your throat dry and you wetted your lips as you took a deep breath and prepared yourself to talk to him. "Baek-" And he walked past you. You just stared at him, waiting for him to look back and give you a smile and just tell you it was a joke. But nothing happened. Just him disappearing from afar, again.

You bowed your head and had questions in your head running again. He avoided me, right? I know he saw me. He just pretended not to. And that was enough to break your heart and confidence into pieces. You felt a dull pain in your chest which you thought was weird because you'd only felt that before with Kyungsoo and Jisoo. You held your chest, trying to get it away by just patting it.

Soon after, Naeun and Jisoo arrived together and you cursed them for making you wait for minutes. "Yah, I'm freezing out here!" they apologized and smiled sheepishly at you. And you three went to a Korean barbeque restaurant.

The inside was warm enough for you to get comfortable in the freezing winter. You and the girls had a good time catching up. Naeun and your brother had started going out and it was the first time you had talked about it with her.

There were lots of things that you three had discussed but your mind was still in the image of Baekhyun earlier. So you asked them, "H-have you seen Baekhyun this vacation?"

Then Jisoo answered, "Yah, that's what I'm going to ask you! Everyone's been active in the group chat but him! Which is really unusual because he is the talkative one before!" Jisoo made a point and you felt guilty because all of you had been friends.

"The last time I saw him was on the concert, he wasn't able to perform, too. That's too bad, I was anticipating his performance that day." Naeun exclaimed and you bit your lips because everything was your fault. "Jieun." Then she called you, "Tell us what happened between you and Baekhyun."

And you gulped becauses Naeun was able to read you so you couldn't do anything but to tell them what happened. "I-I hurt Baekhyun." You ended your statement but they wanted to know more so you explained, "I-I know that Baekhyun likes me yet...I kind of purposely prevented him from confessing."

Then Jisoo's face read confusion, "That's sad. You're really cruel, you know." You couldn't agree more. But then she continued, "Just give him some time. But, why do you look so bothered?"

"Of course I'd be bothered. Baekhyun's my friend – a close friend, yet I hurt him purposely." You exclaimed and Naeun sensed something.

"Do you like Baekhyun?" she directly asked.

You looked at her and shook your head, "I don't." You were explaining to the girls what you felt about Baekhyun when Baekhyun entered the restaurant, making Jisoo spill her drink.

"Baekhyun!" Jisoo exclaimed and you looked to where Jisoo was looking and saw Baekhyun, startled at the coincidence. "Oh my god, what happened to you?!" You saw how Jisoo's eyes sparkled as she saw Baekhyun. "You're so gorgeous with that hair!" and she nudged Baekhyun on his side and Baekhyun smiled sheepishly.

You were just staring at Baekhyun and it seemed that he was really avoiding you, he didn't meet your eyes until an unfamiliar lady walked in and greeted Baekhyun, "Baekhyunnie! Oh, you have company." She walked towards your group and smiled sweetly.

You smiled at her, you just didn't know what it looked like, but you bet it was an awkward smile, the same smiles Naeun and Jisoo had. "I'm sorry Baekhyun, we thought you're alone." Jisoo bowed down to apologize then Baekhyun held her up, "Yah, don't bow down to us." And he smiled, and there you thought, I miss that smile.

The lady then introduced herself, "Hi, I'm Ji Hyeran. Nice to meet you!" she was a sweet lady and you all exchanged pleasantries. Soon after, they excused themselves and sat afar from where you were sitting.

You could see them in your peripheral vision and you tried your best not to look at them and just focus on what Naeun and Jisoo was discussing. "Yah, who's she?!" Jisoo exclaimed and there you knew that she was being the she was.

"Is she another girl? I mean, didn't Baekhyun like Jieun, but why is he dating another girl already?" Naeun pouted, feeling a little hurt for you but you told them that you didn't mind.

"W-well, I mean it's not that he'd hold on to me forever. He even said that the last time we met, so I guess that is what he meant." You assured them and told them not to worry.

"What? I mean, it's only one month, eh?" Jisoo agreed to what Naeun was saying. They were looking at you and you were feeling suffocated at their stares at you.

"J-just don't mind them!" you sheepishly smiled at them to let them know that you were okay with what was happening. I'm alright. You told yourself but on the little corner, your attention was concentrated to a Hyeran laughing at Baekhyun's cute little gestures and jokes. Yeah, I'm alright! "So, what are you doing on the last day of winter vacation?" you asked them.

Then the two looked at you as if they were confused. Then Jisoo answered you while eyeing your insides, "Girl, it's the last day of winter vacation."

And you stopped munching on your meat, dumbfounded. Then you felt Naeun's hand on your shoulder, "Yeah, you're definitely alright." Then you looked at Naeun and glared at her. And she just said, "I love you." While smiling at you teasingly.

You just bit your lip and felt ashamed of what happened. Of course, they'd know what you were feeling right now. Then Jisoo turned to you, "Hey Jieun, be honest with me..."

You then looked at her and prepared your heart for what she was going to ask you. Then she continued, "Do you actually like Baekhy-!" You immediately covered with your hands, making a small rucus on your table that Baekhyun and Hyeran looked at the three of you.

"Yah, what if they hear you?!" you whispered at her and felt your ears hot and your face red.

Then she swatted your hand away while Jisoo and Naeun discovered something. "Looking at the way you react... You like him!" she shouted in glee and you immediately made an alibi because you knew that Baekhyun heard it.

"Y-Yeah! I like Kyungsoo! I still like Kyungsoo!" you made sure he heard your lie. Then Jisoo pinched you on your arms, making you wince. Then you reasoned out, "Don't let him hear you!"

You felt your hands sweating and you looked at them appropriately. "Okay, I'll tell you." You inhaled some air and had that courage to tell your friends what was happening. "I don't particularly like him."

You then looked at them and it seemed like they wanted to hear more, so you continued, "W-well, it's just that, I'm reacting this way because I easily blush when someone I'm conscious of is around. I was like this when I liked Kyungsoo before. Well, I think I still have some crush on him. I mean, it's not that easy to forget feelings, right?" you looked at them and they understood.

"What I'm saying is that... I think I'm confused but I really don't want to dwell with it, especially he now has a girlfriend, maybe? And that's her and I'm not a person who'd meddle with something like that. Maybe they're 'some.'" You told them.

A/N: 'Some' in Korean is a romantic mutual understanding between two persons, but not in a relationship.

Then Naeun asked, while she's looking at the ceiling, as if thinking about the thing you said, "So you're saying that you're jealous?"

Then you immediately retorted at what she said, waving your hands 'No', "I'm not jealous. I told you that I'm conscious."

Naeun asked another question, "What conscious? Conscious that a person who liked you before is now dating another girl or Conscious that you like him now as a man?" and there you were confused at what she said, you looked at her, making that 'I-don't-get-it-at-all face. Then she just smiled and told you to pig yourself out. You just pouted at that. You never understand Naeun when it came to these things.