Goodbye Summer

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

"Yahhhh, I don't want that!" you exclaimed as Naeun tried to stop your hands from stopping Jisoo to put eyeliner on your eyes. "Yaaahhh." But you couldn't really stop them because it was two versus one. You admitted defeat.

"Look up, look up! Look, you're crying! The eyeliner wi- tsk!" Your tears dropped and Jisoo immediately got a tissue and wiped the tear away. She scolded you and you just pouted because you never knew that wearing make-up was required in performing.

Then all of you girls were surprised when a loud crash was heard on the preparation room of the guys. For as long as you ladies knew, the guys were already on the backstage. Then you overheard the reason of that crash.

"If you won't stick the moves in your head then don't dance. I don't plan on performing with an irresponsible dancer." You heard Luhan said and all of you looked at each other and were worried for Sehun.

For the past weeks of practicing, you all could see Sehun's and Luhan's bruises for their dance prod for Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's song. And you could see how hard Luhan and Sehun worked for it. But you didn't see this fight coming on the day of the summer festival concert.

The coordinator checked on everyone and saw to it if everything was fine. It was a relief that they didn't see Luhan and Sehun fighting. Soon after, Luhan and Sehun went together with the others and started the song the created.

You were in the backstage with the girls and were watching them start the song. But you were focused with Sehun who was at the center and you prayed that he'd do well.

( Ko Ko Bop )

"Shimmie Shimmie Ko Ko Bop, I think I like it~" Baekhyun started the song which made you instantly look at him. His voice was so y and that might be the reason why the girls on the audience screamed so much.

Kyungsoo sang the next line and it gave you goosebumps. You really loved Kyungsoo's voice because it was different from others. It had its own impact to the song itself.

You didn't know but you were stiff watching them from the backstage. You knew the choreography and it wasn't easy. You and the girls tried to learn it but you couldn't because it was too snappy and the dance moves were up and down, at one point the choreography would be slow, and immediately the next point would be so fast.

And you were just so proud of your team because they really danced Ko Ko Bop flawlessly. You all cheered for them and you could see that the event coordinators and staffs were also amazed by them.

The next performance was the one you choreographed with Baekhyun. Your brother started the song with the others harmonizing with each other. You danced with the girls because you all learned the routine since it's chill and fun to dance to.

( Touch It )

You mimicked your brother, Naeun to Chanyeol, and Jisoo mimicked Sehun backstage since you knew how they'd move throughout the song since you've been practicing altogether. "No words could ever describe you - No words are needed, I couldn't express it - I don't need anything else as long as I have you - Nothing else as long as I have you"

Then Baekhyun sang and looked at you girls having fun backstage before focusing on the audience in front with Junmyeon, they smiled, "Your dizzying silhouette, even your shadow is beautiful - And every one of your small gestures drives me crazy"

Then Kyungsoo sang next and you instantly looked over him as he sang, "Lightly pushing your hair back, that y gesture, gesture, baby - Your y gesture"

Then Jongdae looked at you and you mimicked him, knowing that he composed and arranged the song, "My feelings of being drawn to you is revealed - And my hands lose their way baby, my hands"

And all of you girls danced to the song and sang with it too, "Nana nana nanan nana~" You all mimicked everyone one after another and your laughter just filled the air around you.

"I'm really amazed at how Baekhyun and Jongdae wrote this." Naeun clapped when they finished the song. You all went back inside since there were other performances in between so your team could get a rest.

"Well, one of them is in love, so he's got an inspiration." Jisoo said while looking at you. You glared at Jisoo and hissed at her. Naeun laughed and high-fived with Jisoo because you were just standing there, speechless.

"Oh speaking of Baekhyun, the next performance is his and Jongin's. We may as well watch it." You said as you glanced at Naeun since she's the main character of this song.

While waiting for Baekhyun and Jongin's performance, you blinked because why would Baekhyun write a song for Naeun. It's not like Baekhyun knows how Jongin and Naeun met, and they didn't meet that way.

Then you were surprised when they all of them were on stage. It was supposed to be Baekhyun and Jongin only. Then Kyungsoo informed you as they get on the stage, "This is really last minute, Jongin couldn't do it and Baekhyun got nervous as well, so we'll just be going there and sing and do anything. Don't worry we got this." Kyungsoo told you and you nodded at him, trusting that they could do well.

"Aw, it's such a waste that Jongin couldn't dance to it." Jisoo said while you were watching on the side of the stage. You all agreed to it. Then you noticed the bunch of yellow roses in front of the stage and anticipated to what they were about to do for the prod.

( I Like You )

Then Kris and Chanyeol rapped the first verse,

"It feels like I'm walking in warm sunshine - To me, you are warm and cozy just like a warm quilt - So I want to talk to you - Can you listen to me once? I want to confess now."

Then everybody took the roses in front and Baekhyun sang while walking towards you. You froze on your spot and didn't know what to think or do, "The first time I met you, you were holding three yellow roses" And he gave you three yellow roses as you just stood there, shocked to at least react.

You were so confused at what was happening that you didn't even notice that Kyungsoo went to where you were and gave each one of you a yellow rose, too as he sang, "Lulu Lala, all the way to Sincheon my heart beats faster."

And there your heart beat faster when you remembered the first time you met Baekhyun. That was when you were giving three yellow roses that your brother asked to give to Naeun. You felt your face heating up as you stared at Baekhyun in that moment.

Junmyeon and Jongdae then sang the next part and gave yellow roses to the girls on the audience and they screamed, but you were too preoccupied at the words of the song and what Baekhyun meant, "You straight hair is waving, you're waving at me - From head to toe, you captivate me."

You were looking at Baekhyun the whole time Luhan and the group were singing the chorus part as if you would see the answer in his eyes, although Baekhyun wasn't looking at you but at the audience instead, it felt like he was talking to you, "I like you, I really like you - I want to give you my everything - You are the only one on my mind - I don't want to change it - Forever with you, I'll be with you"

You didn't notice that you were smiling as you heard the lyrics. Baekhyun sang, "Lulu Lala all the way to Sincheon covered memories in my mind." You were sure that it was about Jongin and Naeun because they had a lot of memories there. So this is about me and Naeun. And there you realized why this was supposed to be your brother Jongin and Baekhyun's performance.

Minseok and Yixing then sang the next parts which brought you back to reality, you looked at Naeun and you could see that she knew that the song was about her, Ah Baekhyun, what are you doing?

"Hello, my angel, how did you steal my heart? - It's okay, my angel, you have my heart and cherished me."

They sang the chorus part and Jongin looked at Naeun which made you and Jisoo push her and shouted in kilig. Then the rappers did their part and hyped the whole crowd by throwing them the roses, "Thank you for worrying about me, - Thank you for taking care of me - Thank you for making me feel like this - You are the sun that shines for me - It turns out so brightly again - You are so beautiful - Even if I'll tell you that until the end of eternity - I'll still tell you today, thank you forever."

They sang the chorus and ended it with the girls screaming their names and smiling for the roses they got. While you were there, wanting to hide in embarrassment because everybody now knows how Baekhyun feel for you. You wished you didn't.

You were in inside the preparation room for the ladies and you're heart was still beating. You were in the same state as Naeun and Jisoo was laughing at the both of you. Though she was pouting because she was the only one who didn't receive love.

You were a little nervous when you went outside and saw Baekhyun who seemed like waiting for you. You looked at him and greeted him awkwardly. He saw that and he smiled sweetly at you as he ruffled your hair, and said "Won't you cheer for me? Me and Kyungsoo's performance will be next!"

And there you woke up from that awkward state and you smiled genuinely at him and cheered, "Fighting! I know you'll do good and..." You were about to tell Baekhyun about Luhan and Sehun's fight because of the dance for Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's song but you halted because you realized that it was not right for Baekhyun to be uneasy during the performance. But Baekhyun was waiting for you to speak up, so you told him, "I'll tell you after your performance! Go, fighting!" and there he went on the stage as you also cheered for Kyungsoo.

( What is Love )

The song started with Kyungsoo, "Girl, I can't explain what I feel..." and you were caught that very moment because his voice was so low and that gave you goosebumps. A good reason to stop and stare.

You focused your attention to him that you couldn't take your eyes off of him and look at Baekhyun singing his heart too, "Making a day feel like a minute with you - I'm the main character of a movie"

Kyungsoo sang once again and you could see his passion and feeling through it. Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo shone on stage, "As if I'm about to film an action scene to come see you - As if I've become a hero - (You're perfect to me) - I imagined how would it be if we were together?" And you also thought about that. It would be wonderful Kyungsoo. You smiled at that thought, still looking at Kyungsoo.

"If only you say okay, everything is perfect, oh baby" Baekhyun sang the line before the chorus part which they both sang harmoniously, "I lost my mind, the moment I saw you - Except you, everything get in slow motion - (Tell me, if this is love) - Sharing and learning countless emotion everyday with you - Fighting, crying, and hugging - (Tell me, if this is love) - All the guys in the world are jealous of me - They must be jealous to death of me for having you" You were intently listening to the song and you were so touched because you could remember all the things that you and Kyungsoo had experienced.

In all honesty, you didn't know what to think of because everything little thing that the lyrics meant was so perfect for the both of you and Kyungsoo. Is this what you feel?

"Even after the sun goes down and moon goes down, it will never change - You will find out that I'm a guy whom you can trust" Baekhyun sang his part and smiled. He looked at you and that smile went away when he saw you looking at Kyungsoo with so much love.

Especially when Kyungsoo sang his part, "I don't know why, this unconditional emotion, did I ever imagine - Next to me, you shine more brightly as I become a better guy." Then you froze on your spot as Kyungsoo turned towards your direction, looking at Jisoo.

He smiled at her and sang the chorus part. You couldn't hear anything after then as you looked at Jisoo looking at Kyungsoo with those same eyes you had. You blinked and gulped the lump that was in your throat and stopped yourself from crying and thinking things.

"If you wish and wish earnestly, will it come true like the fairytales? – a never-ending happy ending, happily ever after" you could see that Kyungsoo was smiling as he sang those lines. You must have imagined your happy ending with Jisoo huh.

You were busy having your heart broke into pieces that you failed to notice that Baekhyun, once again, looked at you while he was singing his part. "I will trust you, protect you, and comfort you, I will be on your side, I will never leave your side." Baekhyun sang his part and that was when you wake up from reality. Although you didn't have the power to be amazed with Baekhyun's vocals, you couldn't really hide your feelings right now.

"All the guys in the world are jealous of me; they must be jealous to death of me for having you" Kyungsoo sang as he looked at Jisoo again and there you realized what those lyrics meant. Jisoo was really popular with the boys, especially in her department, and maybe they're jealous of Kyungsoo because he's always with her. He must really felt like a man when he's with Jisoo. "My babe, baby babe, baby baby, I can tell that this is love" And you hurt at those words because from that time onward, you knew that Kyungsoo would love Jisoo with all his heart.

You stopped yourself from crying and looked away from Kyungsoo for a while and your eyes landed on Baekhyun, who was looking at you the whole time, he sang, "I will make you smile often like a child; I will make you feel the most comfortable like a friend. My baby, tell me what is love?" And there your tears rolled down, good thing that nobody saw that. You bit your lips and gripped your hands in order to transfer the pain physically, but you failed. The pain in your heart was so much painful that anytime, you could break down.

But you still stood up and congratulate them for a wonderful production. You and the girls once again fixed yourselves up for your performance would be next. You excused yourself to go to the bathroom.

You looked at yourself in the mirror and said, "Okay, Jieun. Relax and everything will be alright. After all, you'll just have to rap and you're done. Everything will be okay." You tapped your chest and smiled at yourself. I can do this.

you went out of the bathroom and saw Baekhyun there. You looked up at him and you gulped, you felt guilty because you were busy thinking of your own feeling towards Kyungsoo and neglecting him all throughout the performance. "You can do well Jieun I know you could." And Baekhyun imitated how you rapped your part when practicing and you laughed and hit him. But you were thankful, nonetheless.

You then set off to the stage and sat on the chair on stage with Naeun beside you just like how you performed in the practice room. Jisoo and Kyungsoo were both at the other side, standing.

( Goodbye Summer )

The sound of guitar was heard and Kyungsoo started to sing, "I remember when we were yelled at for talking in the halls

I don't know why it was so fun even when we were being punished." You told yourself that you'd smile on the stage all throughout the performance but it was becoming harder and harder as the song went on because you dedicated the song with you and Kyungsoo in mind. But that won't happen.

Naeun then sang her lines and you mindlessly swayed with it for the sake of the performance, "After that day, we are always stuck together like the Astro twins – you were me, and I was you." And you laughed at the lyrics, as you wrote that, you were thinking that you two were inseparable, But now, Jisoo is here. You're the Astro twins now.

Kyungsoo and Naeun once again sang their parts and that made you want to cry so much but you luckily held it in, "You cried so much on the day before graduation – You held it in firmly since you're a guy – We couldn't say what we wanted"

And both you and Naeun sang your parts, "Just like that hot summer, goodbye."

Jisoo and Kyungsoo sang the chorus part and you cursed yourself because you didn't know that arranging it that way would break you into fine pieces, "The friend label is a label that I got to hate – the feelings I've hidden still remain as a painful secret memory"

You just breathed the lump in your throat as they both looked at each other and sang with their hearts, "The photos that can't define our relationship are a heart-breaking story – I'm sorry, summer, now goodbye"

And you stood up and rapped on stage, "What do I say, we didn't have to play no games – I should've take the chance – I should've asked for you to stay – and it gets me down, the unsaid words that still remain – The story ended without even starting." And you went back to your seat cooly for the sake of the performance and you saw Baekhyun nodding at you and cheering for you. You smiled at him but he saw the sadness in your eyes. He hated that.

Kyungsoo and Jisoo sang their lines and you were a little relived because you've done your part well, but the pain still remained, "Your song on the last day of the school festival – the flickering summer sea – Our feelings that were precious because we were together - like the deepening night sky, goodbye." You sang with Jisoo this time and she looked at you for some interaction.

Naeun and Kyungsoo then sang the chorus part this time and you were calming down a little because you wouldn't hear Jisoo and Kyungsoo's voice blending for while.

Kyungsoo then sang the bridge part, "Baby oh no ooohh, I'm sorry that this is a monologue – No ooohh, the truth is that I love you" and this time, a tear suddenly dropped from your eye. You were surprised as well so you just turned your head and wiped it as Jisoo sang her lines, "If only our long-time hidden secrets were revealed, I would hold you in my arms." And you heard how perfect they harmonized with each other. And you could hear that the audience were clapping because they're both amazing.

The three singers sang the chorus and you just did sing some parts with them and put up with the performance but you wanted it to end so badly.

The song had finally ended with you telling the crowd to sing with you guys. And you all bowed and you immediately ran to the backstage. Your tears were already dropping so you wanted to get out of there, but then Baekhyun stopped you, "You're really amazing!" and the others were there too, complimenting all of you.

"I-I'm feeling nauseated." You told them as you covered your face so they wouldn't see you crying. You ran past them and you ran outside the event center.

You were running and running and running. And all that you could remember was Kyungsoo looking at Jisoo, and Jisoo looking at Kyungsoo. And that was a proof that they liked each other now. "Ah, it really hurts!" you shouted since no one could hear you.

"I shouldn't have made that ing song. I shouldn't have attended this concert!" If only I knew that I'd hurt this much. You crouched on the ground and cried helplessly. Every song, you dedicated it to Kyungsoo, but in the end, you were still hopeless.

"It's your fault Jieun." You laughed at yourself, for falling in love with your best friend. You never did know how you could think that Kyungsoo would fall in love you. "It only happens in movies." You were laughing even though your heart was aching. You felt stupid for having that hope.

Then you felt a jacket was covered above you, and you knew that it was Baekhyun. You could smell his scent. And Baekhyun's the only one who will care to come after me.

Your head was still on your knees and you sniffed quietly. Baekhyun then slowly put his hand on your head so you'd know that he's willing to hear you out. You thought that it would stop you from crying but that only made you cry more. You wailed because it hurt more and more as Baekhyun comforted you. You felt that you were truly helpless.

You and Baekhyun were sitting on the bench for a good one hour when you felt cold and you started talking, "Shouldn't you come back there?" you could see that Baekhyun was cold, too as you could see his breath on that cold night.

"No, I don't have any performance anymore." He explained and you told him that they might be looking for him. Then he said, "No, I already messaged them that I'm with you and that they should leave first."

You then nodded and put Baekhyun's jacket on him even though he protested. He couldn't really do anything because it was cold. "Thank you Baekhyun." Your voice was still shaking since you still couldn't hide the pain. As you speak, your throat hurt once again and you wanted to cry again.

"L-love is hard." You breathed as you looked at the night sky. There were many stars and you wished you'd see a shooting star to request to delete all your feelings at once. "Don't love anyone." You smiled and laughed at yourself.

And you knew that Baekhyun was just staring at you. Then you remembered everything again and that really ed you up. Tears once again welled in your eyes but you managed to stop it from falling, "Ah my song ." And there you continued to throw curses at yourself and how horrible you were.

Baekhyun just listened and stayed there with you. He sometimes laughed at the bad things you're telling him until that stopped when snow started falling. Both you and Baekhyun looked up the sky and saw how snow fell, "Summer has ended." Baekhyun finally spoke.

You laughed and started to cry so much again, "Goodbye, Summer."